Old Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby superslacker » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:30 pm

The half-orc bartender Grog bursts from the kitchen at the mention of thievery, slamming the door open and shaking the dishes and glasses on the bar. His meaty fist grips a bloody cleaver.

Image

"DAMNIT! Who stealing?" He brandishes the cleaver about, as if punctuating his guttural words. "Fightin', breakin' stuff, now someone stealing? Who?"

The thieving gnome, caught almost red-handed, lets out a terrified squeak.

Image

"Eh, uh, I... the wizard told me to do it!" He points at Keelynasta.

The bar grows silent. The gnome onstage pipes up. "Yup, I heard it."

Image

Before anyone else can respond, a couple of other suspiciously-gnomish voices ring out. "I saw it!" "Yeah, that's what happened." "Absolutely!"

Grog looks between the would-be thief, the bard, the wizard, the raptoran, and even glances suspiciously over at the paladin, his brows furrowing with growing confusion and frustration. Finally, he slams the cleaver into the bar, sinking the heavy steel a good two inches into the solid wood."SHUT UP! No more talk, my head hurts now! All you, come with me!" He points to the gnomish thief and bard, Keelynasta, Lathil, and Jennavoia, rips his cleaver out of the bar, and stomps back towards the kitchen, holding the door open expectantly.
Deeds, not words.
Playing:
Quorthon War-Tongue
Agent Peter Stark
Running:
We'll see...
User avatar
superslacker
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:28 pm
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:30 am

Lathil stands from his stool. Not taking his eyes off of the failed thief, the raptoran follows after the barkeep.

~ What trouble is this now? I should learn to refrain from speaking, it only causes to attract attention. Hopefully this can be resolved peacefully. After all, nothing was taken.
Though, if what the gnome claimed was true than Keelynasta definitely has some hidden agenda with me.~
User avatar
Lathil Cladulonna
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:12 am

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby keelynasta » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:43 am

As all the drama unfolds at the pub Keelynasta awakes to hear yelling and slamming, unsure why when he awoke he see's everyone finger pointing and eyeing him. "Jesus,if it isnt bad enough I have to fist fight with a dwarf.....now I got you all accusing me of being a thief, I have to remind myself not to come here anymore. either way bird brain if I was gonna steal off you would be a lot easier myself and I think im smart enough not to pick an idiot like that bumbling gnome to do it." with that said he walks to the bar heading towards Grog shaking his head on the way there.
User avatar
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby superslacker » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:39 pm

spoiler: show
Is Jennavoia gone? Since I know that Lathil's currently absent, I'll keep an eye on this thread for another week before I continue. Sorry for the wait Keel.
Deeds, not words.
Playing:
Quorthon War-Tongue
Agent Peter Stark
Running:
We'll see...
User avatar
superslacker
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:28 pm
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:16 am

spoiler: show
OOC: I wouldnt call myself absent. Just got caught up with things. I access at an internet cafe, so recently I havent been able to make the trip to access the net as often. My posting has gone from at least once a day to 2-3 times a week. I know Anguis needs to catch up on WoD.
User avatar
Lathil Cladulonna
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:12 am

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Jennavoia Noir » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Jennavoia follows all of the others and is upset at this moment for being a follower instead of leader. "I do not know what happened. I was talking with my friend here over a good meal cooked by you and the next minute these two are fighting with words." Pointing to Keely and Lathil. I do not know who is stealing but I know my hands do not leave my own purse string. I do not need to steal in order to get what it is I need. If need be I would beg in front of the grandest temple to decree my misfortune so that humility may provail over haughtyness."


spoiler: show
Untrained Diplomacy {11}
OOC: My Apologies DM, Im sorry I thought people went awol and I been super slamed over the holdiays, will check more often.
User avatar
Jennavoia Noir
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:12 am

" It is better to fight with words than with blades. Besides, none are accusing you. Your integrity should merely serve as witness."

Lathil attempts to soothe Noir's unease with the situation. This was a bad situation all around, there was no need to aggrevate the angered barkeep.

~For one with such high honor such charges must be hard to take, perhaps that may lead to future difficulties unless he can calm his tongue.~
User avatar
Lathil Cladulonna
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:12 am

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:03 am

spoiler: show
OOC: We dropped Storm from running Grimble in Group E and I would not wait on his Paladin Jennavoia either. He also has not returned to his DM duties. Keelynasta did report back in PMs from his absence, so I think he is still around.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby superslacker » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:24 pm

The half-orc slams the door shut behind the five of you.

Image

"Bird-man's right. You were sitting right there, you'll be a witness. Okay. So, the bird-man said the fat gnome was stealing from his bag. The gnome doesn't deny it, but he says the wizard made him do it, and the singer agrees. Wizard, what do you have to say for yourself this time?" His fingers flex around the handle of the cleaver as he looks between those assembled.
Deeds, not words.
Playing:
Quorthon War-Tongue
Agent Peter Stark
Running:
We'll see...
User avatar
superslacker
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:28 pm
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby keelynasta » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Yes I didnt steal or pay anyone to steal anything,if their is anyone who you should be talking too its the singer who is doing the finger pointing because the gnome didnt try and steal anything till he started performing.....also why would I pick the most obvious person in the room to steal from that would be just stupid. Either way believe what you want , I know what I did and did not do.
User avatar
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby superslacker » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Image

Grog strokes his patchy beard. "Huh. Well, what about it, gnome? Did you tell the fat one to steal from the bird-man while you were distracting everyone with your terrible lute-playing?"

Image

The singer is halfway into a smooth denial when he hears terrible lute-playing; his face flushes and he sputters:
"Of course n--WHAT? I'll have you know I'm the finest lute-player in the city! I've always covered Bex's pickpo--". His eyes widen and and he slams his mouth shut as he realizes what he's all but admitted to.

Image

The fat one sighs, and facepalms. "I swear Rexie, you're stupider than I look."

Grog frowns. "Hrm. Can any of you back this up?"
Deeds, not words.
Playing:
Quorthon War-Tongue
Agent Peter Stark
Running:
We'll see...
User avatar
superslacker
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:28 pm
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby keelynasta » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:06 pm

"Grog,I think everything the lute player and thief have done be evidence alone of my innocence.....interrogate them more if you need more answers and I cant give you any myself"
Last edited by keelynasta on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Anguis » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:29 pm

spoiler: show
I am sorry for the absence, on 18 Jan 2012 I shattered the left side of my face. Im doing well, just been through facial surgery to add some metal plates, and am waiting for swelling to go down. Currently Im checked into a hospitol with a resource comp as only internet access. Ill check out and be back home on Friday..may be good to start back up later next week.
Characters:
- Serena Serpens
- Ivyn Dagehm

Storytelling:
- NWoD: Hunting Mortals (on hold)
- The Isle of Dread
User avatar
Anguis
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:57 am
Location: Pisa, Italy

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:40 am

Lathil speaks up in defense of Keelynasta, "I believe the gnomes statements have cleared the mage. Though the man may have strange powers it does not appear his habit to involve such lowlives." The birdmans tone inferred he ment the gnomes height and proximity to the earth instead of their profession.

"Despite the attempt nothing has been taken from me. I am curious to know why they would try to begin with." He glares down at the two gnomes, shifting his eyes between the lute player and the other with itchy fingers.


spoiler: show
Alot better and back able to play. I apoligize for the delay.
User avatar
Lathil Cladulonna
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:12 am

Re: Old Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:14 am

OOC: With Superslacker's departure, we needed to kill this and reboot the scene. I locked the thread.

DM wand waving and the incident is resolved without blood, all a misunderstanding. I will give you guys 100XP if you write some entertaining/creative explanation of the events in your character interactions.

As we start gearing up to reform Group E, the new thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=354&t=7656&p=221997#p221997
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Previous

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest