Old Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Jennavoia Noir » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:25 pm

Perception is in the eye of the beholder like I was told by the wisemen of my Temple. I feel that when you perceive something to be danger you realize this and go through the motions of protecting yourself. If one does not percieve danger than it's highly likely that you will be at a disadvantage. Really to be on guard against the presence of evil is always the best policy. Trust no one and for the ones that earn your trust because at any moment human phallacy is a tendency unremittened by imperfection." Taking a swig of his mead, Jennavoia was not in any fashion to be intelligent but his grace came from wisdom. Being wise and learning through error always learning from mistakes and applying them to his life is when he was at his prime. Paladin of Tyr, defender of good, there was more to be explored with these gentlemen.
Jennavoia Noir
Villager
Villager

Postby keelynasta » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:48 pm

Keelynasta drinks his mug of ale slowly allowing for the paladins words to soak in, now staring at the other at the bar to see if he has anything to add to the discussion.
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:45 am

A smile creeps across Lathils lips as the paladin finishes his say.

"Well of course humans are imperfect. They are bound to the soil."

It was with a matter of fact tone as if anything other would be against reason.
Lathil Cladulonna

Postby keelynasta » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:53 am

"Lathil we are as imperfect in the sky as you are down here on the soil, let it be a warning your arrogance will cause you lots of trouble if you dont watch your words with a less patient man"
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:04 am

Lathil is taken aback by Keelynasta's speaking his name. Standing up suddenly, his seat falls over as he realizes this was the second time he was named. Spreading his wings and flapping them in a defensive display he calls out,

" How do you know my name!? You claim to not know of my kind yet you speak my name! "
Not even the casters of his flock could discern names of other races and tongues they did not know. Thoughts of the weapons that he had left at the entrance came to mind. How could he have not picked up on the first being called, was it the discussion or the drink? A near panicked look is on Lathil's face as he glances back from those at the bar and the bartender.
Lathil Cladulonna

Postby keelynasta » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:51 am

Looking at Lathil Keelynasta Smirks and says "Maybe a little birdy told me, pun surely intended"
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:02 pm

The barmaid, Trixie, flounces up and asks, "How's everyone doing here, luvs? Anyone hungry, we have a hearty adventurer's stew today."

spoiler: show
OOC: Things sort of slowed down, here. Bumping.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:42 am

OOC: Didnt mean to hold it up, was waiting to see if Noir was going to respond to Lathils lil outburst

Not wanting to make more of a scene than he already has, Lathil drapes his wings around his back.

~To act collected would be prudent, but to leave the matter of knowing my name unresolved will be aggitating. Perhaps the means will reveal itself in time.

" This stew sounds hearty. A meal will do well to calm my nerves. I will take an order. "
Composing himself Lathil retakes his seat at the bar. He picks up his mug, looks into it, sets it back down and pushes it towards the bartender.
Lathil Cladulonna

Postby Jennavoia Noir » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Dropping his warhammer and shield next to the table, Jennavoia sits down next to Lathil and eagerly eyes the hearty stew that is available to eat. As the serving wench sits the stew down in front of the Paladin, there is no mannerisms in all the realm that will contain his starvation. Dipping his wooden ladel called a spoon into the mix, there is some fresh peasant bread that breaks apart as Noir dips the bread into the stew slobbing his beard in the process. Paying no attention to the bickering between the two, Jennavoia is reserved unless there is an act of evil to administer acts of goodness to counter it.
Jennavoia Noir
Villager
Villager

Postby keelynasta » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:49 am

Keelynasta stretches his arms out leaving out a long grunt in the process, then walks away from the others finding a booth to sit in and lay along to rest his legs.
Man I got a headache, my head still hurts from that fight with that simple minded dwarf"
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:19 am

Lathil ponders over what the best action would be.

I came here for work, for adventure. I knew that many may not have seen my kind before. I knew I would cross strange creatures and others who may possess strange abilities. I need to remain composed lest I present a bad image...

...It is troubling how he knew my name. Should I try to be friend to learn the nature of that ability? 'A bird told him', he said. Is that possible, if so what bird? It may have been a joke, albeit not very amusing. Perhaps that is what he wants, to draw me in. To want to be friend so that I may reveal more of myself. There are too many unknowns, I must wait. At least wait until the dwarf arrives to see if there is any work for me at this guild.

" Who are you known as? " Lathil asks to the paladin when there is a break in his eating.
Last edited by Lathil Cladulonna on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lathil Cladulonna

Postby Jennavoia Noir » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:25 pm

Looking up from his meal, Jennavoia smiles and looks at Lathil with his blue eyes." Friend have a seat. I'am Diviner of Faith, Iron Fist of Tyr, Bringer of Good and champion...oh uh well I forget the last part. Suffice it to say that my name is Jennavoia Noir, Paladin of Tyr. I come to Callenburg seeking adventure. I was told by many that a Dwarf named Deves Markham is the man to find and has many things that need taken care of. I bring tidings of good fortune your way friend and bid you no ill will lest my reputation deserves tainting by the holiest of men."
Jennavoia Noir
Villager
Villager

Postby superslacker » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi! I'm one of the new DMs in The Adventurers' Guild; I'll likely be taking over Group E, and occasionally poking this thread as well.

A gnomish bard clambers to the stage and strikes up a loud and lively tune, fingers flying across the strings as he plucks his scales and strums his chords, though he seems slightly off--nerves or stage fright, perhaps? Ignoring the hooting and stomping of the patrons nearest him, his attention seems to be focused on the birdman by the bar.

PM sent to Lathil with additional information, will await response before posting further. The bard playing and focusing attention on him is all anyone else is aware of, but feel free to RP in reaction to it in the meantime.
Deeds, not words.
Playing:
Quorthon War-Tongue
Agent Peter Stark
Running:
We'll see...
superslacker
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:17 am

The barmaid, Trixie, takes the order for Lathil's stew as the others decline, heading towards the door leading back into the kitchen behind the bar. She can be heard calling loudly to someone not in view, "I need an order of rat stew!"

OOC: I asked Superslacker if he wanted to run a quick one shot encounter. Hopefully you all will be able to pick up the pace now that something is on the table for you. Though with New Years yet to come, I think some are still busy this week. :wink:
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:57 am

OOC: Modified previous post, added to the start of this post for the stew...doesnt change anything but makes more sense reading.

In responce to the paladins introduction " Than we seek the same dwarf. I am Lathil, as has been mentioned. If it is for good, I am hopeful we may find our paths crossed. "

When the stew arrives Lathil picks at it, stirring the broth as he peers into the bowl.
Thinking all this time Lathil had not taken much notice to the musician. Finishing the thought if this guild would have a place for him, he tastes a spoonful of the broth. At least the food is edible.
This break in thought brings Lathil back to his surroundings. Trying to figure why the little lute player keeps focusing on him, the first thought is because of his species. Than the winged foriegner feels a small pull, as if something was rustling with his pack. Low and behold, another gnome was pulling at the drawstrings with some difficulty.

" Thief! " Lathil states sternly, taking care to keep his stool and not make a scene as he had done a moment before. The last image he cares to give for his kind is that of ones who easily fly off the handle. " Cease your action before you cause me to act. " Looking down at the gnome he surveys that nothing has yet been taken, though undoubtedly tried.

OOC: The holidays have me in a slight bind, should be on at least once every three days.
Lathil Cladulonna

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]