Old Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Nikhil » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:29 pm

"Damn," mutters Nikhil as the fight ends with the dwarf's losses, and consequently Nikhil's loss of coin. As Everild puts her winners into her money pounch, Nikhil shrugs and straights back around in his chair. "Hey, at least it was some entertainment for tonight. Could have been worse."
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby DM Helios » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Image

Grog catches the coin in the air. "Guess he was da smart one", he replies as Keelynasta brings up how quickly the dwarf had run away. The isn't an ounce of friendlyness is the way he glares at the tall wizard. "Next time ya pick a fight, it betta be in da arena." He turns away and heads back to the bar.

The atmosphere in the common room quickly returns to normal.
User avatar
DM Helios
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:55 pm

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:58 pm

--- Enter Lathil Cladulonna ---

As you enter into the common room of the Guild, you see many adventurous types mingling and conversing. Some are swapping stories, others drinking ale, and even a few engaged in games of chance. You have heard that new comers should speak to a Dwarf named Deves Markham, a retired fighter that is a prominent member of the Guild.

The bartender is a grumpy looking half-orc, drying a mug with a cloth as he looks around the common room. He occasionally spits into the mug he is drying to clean off a pesky spot or two.
Image

Kaedyn, Nikhil, and Everild are at a table drinking and discussing previous battles and enjoying the lyrics of the nearby bard.

Keelynasta just finished a brief altercation with a pesky dwarf and is cleaning up the mess.

spoiler: show
OOC: Deves Markham is listed in the Callenburg: Places and People thread.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12336
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:02 am

Being away from his flock for only a short while, Lathil was directed to this guilds tavern as a place to find work. Entering the common room, Lathil takes in the setting. He is unsure if anyone of them have come across his kind before or if he would even be welcome. Not to hesitate at the entry Lathil makes his way to the bar.

" Is there a dwarf known as Markham here?", he asks the mug polishing bartender. "I was told he belongs to this guild."

Lathil rests an elbow on the bar as he asks, attempting to be casual.
User avatar
Lathil Cladulonna
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:12 am

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby keelynasta » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:38 pm

As he brushes himself after his quick cleaning duties Keelynasta notices a strange shadow at the entrance to the bar, as he glances towards the door he notices a bird-like figure walk in and sit at the bar.....rubbing his eyes a few times making sure this is what he truely seen(not knowing if he is suffering an after effect from the fight). With that he walks over to the creature and promptly asks "What type of person are you, I have never come across a unique specimen as yourself in my travels" as he begins his conversation he sits at the bar beside him.
User avatar
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Jennavoia Noir » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:00 pm

"He is a raptoran. Bird man of the skies. I don't mean to speak for you feathered friend, but the look on his face seemed to be bewilderment." Not trying to butt into the conversation but the Paladin introduces himself as "Jennavoia Noir, Paladin of Tyr... Defender of good. Come let us drink and be merry for we have much to discuss and a Dwarf to find." Sitting down at the table, Noir motions for a serving maid to attend to the parties wishes and offers to pay for the drink." I'am new to Callenburg. Here looking for adventure. My home is east of a fortnight from here. I wish to procure my services to those that need assistance from the beguilers of evil." With a wave of his hands, he looks within your hearts to see if there is any taint of evil. Once the drinks arrive, he gulps down several swigs of the mead and slams his cup on the table. The froth of the mead adhering to his beard. Smiling and throwing a heftful of coins to the serving maid, he waits to see if he can detect any evil from Keely and Anguis.

spoiler: show
OOC: Use special ability Detect Evil
User avatar
Jennavoia Noir
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:47 pm

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby keelynasta » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:53 pm

"Birdman indeed he looks the part my fine holy friend,although the look you give me of worry....besides a few bar brawls and drunken nights I assure you I am no evil person of sort.....anyways let us all partake in drink and be merry and cheers each other to worthwhile experiences to come"" With that keely throws a silver down on the bar and yells to Grog for another drink.
User avatar
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:55 am

Looking at the bartender Lathil wonders why this half orc has such patience compared to those who'd marauded through his flocks territory. With Keelynasta's approach it proved that some here have not met his kind before. Though with Noir it showed that some were knowledgable. At least both seem accepting enough, for now.

"Are all land bound creatures this noisy?" Lathil asks the two drinkers surrounding him. "Perhaps you have come across my race before yet never looked up." He speaks calmly and dry.

Lathil does not take part in drink. Rather, he watches his new comrads trying to place their intentions on coming over to him so quickly. Surely for the one it is out of curiosity, but what of the other. Are they searching for the same dwarf?

spoiler: show
OOC: Just to make sure, we three are at the bar right? Since I was at the bar, then Keel came to the bar followed by Noir. Dont want us jumping all over the place when no one is moving.
User avatar
Lathil Cladulonna
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:12 am

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:18 am

Image
The half-orc grunts to acknowledge the question of the raptoran, but was busy a the time and returns a few moments later with a mug of ale for the mage and another for the raptoran asking questions. He holds up all five fingers of his hand and says, "Dat's foa coppa."

He pockets Keelynasta's silver coin.

Image
The barmaid flounces by the paladin with his drink order and comments, "Luv, ol' grumpy Grog usually insists that you buy a drink proper before expecting information for free."

"But, the Guild Master is around somewhere. Probably soaking his head or his beard."
She whirls away, her pigtails swinging by as she moves off to continue serving other patrons in the busy tap room.

The half-orc pretty much ignores Trixie's comments and spits into another mug to wipe it out. Getting a good look at the bartender, you can see Grog is a very strong looking specimen, likely doubling as a bouncer in the establishment. The scars that crisscross his bare arms mark him as a veteran of many a skirmish.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12336
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:29 am

Lathil adds his own silver on the bar for the tab. If the price for information is partaking in provided services than he shall concede. Taking the drink before him Lathil lifts the mug and joins the other two. Not so much in merriment but following their action.

" This is a lively guild. Is all there to do nothing but work and drink? "

Already the longing to return to his flock was setting in. They too were full of life but something more. They were his family. This somber thought managed to take hold on his expressions. Lathil finishes his drink and orders another setting more silver upon the bar.
User avatar
Lathil Cladulonna
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:12 am

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby keelynasta » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:16 am

Keelynasta looking upon Lathils somber face takes another drink before saying Aye I never have seen your kind before but my studies as a spellcaster kept me stuck indoors and face down in books most of the time to busy to be staring onward into the sky...maybe I will take notice now that you mention though....also you seem homesick,maybe a adventure or two will help shake that from you.....usually a little danger helps shed trivial matters from the mind
User avatar
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:25 pm

This spellcaster was deffinately differant than those of his kind. Lacking from experience out doors, how practical could his magics be. Lathil wondered this as he pondered Keelynasta's words. Perhaps the indoor study would provide a nice counter to his outdoor life.

" Yet danger is but perception of a situation. We may be in danger now, though without having sense of it the danger cannot shed current trivial matters. "

Lathil tilts his head slightly to the right as he asks,
" Would than a situation that is inheritly dangerous hold the perception equally? "

Lathil could feel himself feeling a little less homesick as a potential discussion began.
User avatar
Lathil Cladulonna
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:12 am

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby keelynasta » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:02 pm

Yes,I can see your point but generally when you are wounded and suffering great pain in a fight more people survival instincts kick in doing what they can to prevent more injury or even death. You spend that time while injured thinking of home or past lovers you may be very well you lack the proper survival instincts needed to be an adventurer......such matters are far greatly appreciated by the mind in more calm atmospheres such as a pub drinking as we are now,staring quietly in a campfire among friends, or laying silently staring at the ceiling from a comfortable bed......either way approach it how you see fit,we all have our own path to follow and its not in my best interests or yours to change that with that Keelynasta finishes his mug of ale and throws more coin on the counter as he yells for another mug full.
User avatar
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Lathil Cladulonna » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:49 am

Lathil fingers his chin as he thinks over Keelynasta's words. A habit gained from imitating the elders of his flock.

" You speak with the wisdom of one who has been in such a situation. Still, would it not serve you to reflect further on my words? "

Clearing his throat Lathil continues with a strong claim.
" Even here in a bar, danger may be present whether or not we percieve it. Even wounded and at a moment of death, ones thoughts go to those cared for. "
User avatar
Lathil Cladulonna
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:12 am

Re: Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby keelynasta » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Maybe so Lathil but last time I checked having a beer mug upside the head(seeing as I was just in a bar brawl...lol...) is not the same as running from a horde of kobolds, or say a black dragon....danger may persist in a pub but most intelligent creatures know if they are to do evil things you dont do them in public where you get easlt killed over such,walking in a forest or a swamp is one thing....most of the time if anything within city limits you worry about back alleys not pubs and places to eat, I may be a scholar who spent his time facing down,but I spent much time in basic human area's so I understand crime....if anything your in danger of being pockpicketed if anything
User avatar
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron