Old Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Old Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:06 pm

*** IF YOU ARE NOT A PLAYER IN ANY OF THE GROUPS, PLEASE READ NO FURTHER IF YOU HAVE INTENTIONS OF PARTICIPATING IN GUILD GAMES!! ***



Draconic Human Male 2nd Level Duskblade, Nikhil XP: 1230
Human Male 1st Level Wizard, Keelynasta XP: 75
Draconic Human Male 2nd Level Knight, Kaedyn Thorngood XP: 1950
Human female 1st Level Rogue, Everild Autry XP: 480
Raptoran male 1st Level Scout, Lathil Cladulonna XP: 0
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:09 pm

--- Enter Keelynasta ---

As you enter into the common room of the Guild, you see many adventurous types mingling and conversing. Some are swapping stories, others drinking ale, and even a few engaged in games of chance. You have heard that new comers should speak to a Dwarf named Deves Markham, a retired fighter that is a prominent member of the Guild.

The bartender is a grumpy looking half-orc, drying a mug with a cloth as he looks around the common room. He occasionally spits into the mug he is drying to clean off a pesky spot or two.
Image

Kaedyn, Nikhil, and Everild are at a table drinking and discussing previous battles and enjoying the lyrics of the nearby bard.

spoiler: show
OOC: Deves Markham is listed in the Callenburg: Places and People thread.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby keelynasta » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Keelynasta quietly slips into the tavern taking the nearest seat at the bar,brushing the top off quickly before sitting he has childish smile appear across his face as he turns too the bartender and says"You think you could spit in that once more so I know its clean,then pour me your stiffest drink" followed by a loud ear piercing cackle.
User avatar
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby DM Helios » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:56 pm

Image

Failing to see the humor in his request, Grog gives Keelynasta a hard look then spits into the mug once more and wipes it off using a dirty-looking rag. "Clean 'nuff fur ya, princess?", he asks gruffly, tilting the mug forwards to let him peer inside. Surprisingly, there are only a few noticeable spots.

Without waiting for confirmation, he pours ale into the mug and sets in down on the counter in from of Keelynasta. "Foa coppa fur da ork piss!", he says, holding up five fingers. He appears to be expecting payement.
User avatar
DM Helios
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:55 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby keelynasta » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:42 pm

With a look of disbelief Keelynasta chugs down the drink and throws down a silver piece,as he gets up too walk away he stops for a moment and turns too the bartender too say"you can keep the change but do you know where I can find a dwarf named Deves Markham by any chance?"
User avatar
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby DM Helios » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:33 pm

Image

Grog picks up the silver coin and stashes it somewhere beneath the counter. "Master Deves duz bizness ova der," he says, nodding to the far corner of the common room to an unoccupied booth.

Deves's corner booth is a round table with a good sized bench built into the wall providing back support. It will seat 4 around three quarters of the table. There is only space for two chairs at the open end of the booth, but no chairs are beside the table. There are sturdy hooks on the wall beside the booth to hang weapons and such while people are seated. Hanging from another bracket is a nice dwarven crafted warhammer about 4 feet long.
User avatar
DM Helios
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:55 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby keelynasta » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:34 pm

Keelynasta leisurely walks over too the booth,slowly hangs up his staff, and takes a seat in the booth across from Deves. He then starts by nodding his head too the dwarf then begins too speak."I assume by the orc at the bar your Deves,my name is Keelynasta im new in town and heard your the man too approach if your looking for work.I was wondering if you could use a guy with magical abilities such as myself too solve a few of your problems."
User avatar
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby DM Helios » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Image

The dwarf looks up at you and belches noisily. "Aye, to be sure!", he answers cheerfully, raising his near-empty mug in greeting. He is swaying in his seat, suggesting that the one in his hand is not his first drink of the evening, nor one of his first ten, at least. "Ya cud use yer magic 'bilities to conjure up a few gold coins, and that wud go a long way 'lready!" He wiggles his fingers at you, snickering to himself. "But I'm 'fraid I'm not M'ster Deves, he be 'way at the moment. I'm here to see him too!" He downs the remainder of his ale. "No magic, but I'm hoping I can earn me coins..."

From the look of him, he won't be doing any adventuring until he's gotten a good night's rest and plenty of water.

spoiler: show
My last post said the booth was empty, but here's some improvisation. :P
User avatar
DM Helios
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:55 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby keelynasta » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:01 pm

Keelynasta chuckles too himself about the dwarf's drunken state only saying"If you want you can wait here with me till he gets here,just dont let me out drink you in the process.A little wager if your up for, whoever drinks the most wins and the loser pays for the others ale? It would at least be something to kill the time if nothing else." With that said Keelynasta yells too the orc at the bar for another round for the 2 of them
User avatar
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Nikhil » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Nikhil is sitting with Kaedyn and Everild swapping stories and latest Guild news. Nikhil is of medium build, muscled but not overly large coming up at about 6ft. He has with dark brown eyes, and somewhat shaggy dark brown, almost black hair that is not quite shoulder length. His face has an unshaven look, with a small goatee. His expression is sharp and serious or reserved. Nikhil current wears a finely crafted chainshirt over some traveling clothes. A spiked chain is coiled up and hangs from a hook on his belt, and a longsword hangs from the opposite side. Nikhil's backpack is set up against the wall, and has a buckler and composite longbow tied to it.

Taking a drink of his ale, Nikhil notices the newcomer enter the common room. After the recent incident with the drunken bard, Nikhil has been a little leary of newcomers to the guild. One never knows if they seem to be slightly off their rocker to come looking for adventure in the Guild. Been then again, Nikhil doesn't have all that room to talk see how he's a card carrying member himself. Nikhil gives the newcomer a once over, noting the scholar look and long red hair that the young man possesses.

To his comrades, the duskblade says, "Hey, check out the scholar. Looks like another greenhorn for the guild." Nikhil raises his drink to his lips and takes a sip as his table mates take look at the newcomer.
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby DM Helios » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:48 pm

Image

The dwarf guffaws at Keelynasta's offer. "You prolly think ya can best me 'cuz I got meself a head start, don't ya?", he replies, pushing his empty mug away. "Well, we dwarves got iron in our livers and it'll take more than the likes o' ya to outdrink me!" He leans in slightly, red-faced and sweating. His breath carries a strong smell of alcohol that suggests that he has been drinking more than just ale. "How 'bout the Kobold Brew, if ya think ya can drink?"
User avatar
DM Helios
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:55 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby keelynasta » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:05 am

Keelynasta without blinking an eye downs another drink and looking the dwarf straight in the eye says,Your mother must be the bastard child of a gnome if you think you can out drink me,your talking too the best drinker among any wizard I know,maybe you should stick your manhood in your pantaloons and get out of here while you still can.and with that he gives a waving hand gesture representing the dwarfs not worth his time.
User avatar
keelynasta
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby DM Helios » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:31 pm

Image

"What d'ya say 'bout me mother!?", the dwarf roars, letting spittle fly all over Master Deves' table. He puts both hands on the table and pushes himself to his feet, visibly unsteady. "Best drinker o' wizards be like best smelling o' orcs! Ya couldn't outdrink me on yer best day!" His fists clench and he winds up for a punch.

The dwarf wears a leather armor and carries a light mace and a wooden shield, but has made no move to grab his weapon, which is probably a good idea considering that the room is full of armed adventurers who aren't likely to appreciate weapons being bared (or spells being flung) in the common room. He is severely inhebriated and his movements are noticeably sluggish.

Scattered throughout the common room, a number of gnomish adventurers are scowling at Keelynasta, evidently not appreciating his use of their race as part of an insult. None of them move to get involved.

spoiler: show
Adventurer Status:
Code: Select all
Keelynasta: 09/09 HP remaining

Keelynasta spells Cast: None


<<Combat Begins: Keelynasta is up for Round 1!>>

spoiler: show
I need the other players to state whether or not they intend to get involved in the altercation, so that I know who to wait for. Until I am told otherwise, I will assume that they are minding their own buisnesses.
User avatar
DM Helios
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:55 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Everild » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:59 pm

At Nikhil's urging, Everild throws a disinterested glance towards Deves' booth. "He's not my type", she comments casually, obviously misunderstanding the duskblade's motivations. "Too tall, too skinny and he looks to smart. I want a man that I can fight beside." Or hide behind.

She chuckles softly as the pair begin to throw insults at one another and winces slightly at the tall man's racially charged comment. He's not gonna win himself any friends with that one.

When it becomes evident that the dwarf wants to fight, Everild's eyes light up with amusement. "Here we go!", she says cheerfully, hiding her grin behind he mug. She turns to her tablemates, "Wanna wager?"

spoiler: show
Everild will not get physically involved, for the time being.
User avatar
Everild
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:51 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Kaedyn » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:14 am

Kaedyn is frowning as the drinking contest is turning ugly.

"Nay, no wager."

The knight stands up and points a finger at the gnomes that look like they are thinking about joining in to gang up on the offending wizard.

"Hey! You lot sit right back down and stay out of it, by Heironeous!" His voice booms in a deep baritone that is trained to carry across the battlefield or parade ground.

spoiler: show
OOC: Kaedyn will stay out of it, assuming the wizard is going to be only facing one opponent.
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Next

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron