The Old Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Korr Gravehand » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:34 am

Korr looks back at Shaed with a grin as wide as his face, well from what parts you can see underneath the beard. "Aye that I am sir, that I am.
Looking now to Deves. "I have the coin to pay me dues but would ask that I pay them with me first bit of treasure. I have offered me monies to the group to pay fer one of them magical sticks. What are they called." He looks are for the right word while scratching his beard. Wand! Yea that be it. A wand. Not really sure what kinda wand though but it should help us out, I hope. Personally I wouldn't know what to do with the damned thing. I guess I would sharpen it and stab some sonofawhore in the eye."

Korr looks to some of the nearby ladies. "Sorry fer the language misses."
Last edited by Korr Gravehand on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Korr Gravehand

Postby Lucas Thurgrove » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:34 am

Lucas hands five coins to Trixie"Thanks heres the coin for the wine" Lucas looks at his hair "I need to change my hair color this is too boring any one know were i can change my hair color more permanently " Lucas casts prestidigitation on his hair making it orange and black striped "I like this look" Lucas makes his clothes look camo colored with another prestidigitation "I think ill make this more permanent also" Finally Lucas turns his skin red (red like a perfect rose in full bloom).
spoiler: show
Lucas Thurgrove
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Herzog » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:47 am

Trixie comes back with Lucas's bottle of wine, and notices the new spellscales new look. "My isn't that a lovely shade of red, " she comments with a smile. To the spellscale's question, "No darling, I don't know of place in Callenburg where you can make you hair look like that. Maybe you use wine or berries, and dye it yourself?"

Not sure Callenburg has any hair salons, tho I suppose you could find a high level mage to cast Permanency on. But that will be expensive as the caster usually has to be mininum of 9th level. And of course it will still be subject to dispel magic.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Shaed Vaerdaer » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:46 pm

The young sailor laughs at the Jester's remark and says with a smile, ''Well then, keep your face hidden an' we'll find someone else to talk to folks, just in case.''

Shaed takes a swig from his mug, nearly snorting it out his nose as the Spellscale changes colors so quickly. He wipes at the spilled mead with a napkin from his pocket, then replies, ''An' here I was thinkin' I'd be the dandy in this group. Thank goodness I ain't the only one concerned with keepin' myself decently groomed,'', he says, with a nod and a smile directed towards the dwarven warrior.
Shaed Vaerdaer
Villager
Villager

Postby Korr Gravehand » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:50 am

Korr looks up from his mug at Shaed. "Wouldn't know what ya talkin bout. Me mother always said I was a handsome dwarf. Always said the dirt brings out the color in me beard."

He then looks to the spellscale. "Hope we never have to attract too much attention. A scout could see ya from a thousand yards in the night with a dense fog." He takes a long draw from his ale. "But I suppose with me there neither of ya have anything to worry bout." Korr winks at both Shaed and the spellscale as he laughs just before finishing the last of his ale.
Korr Gravehand

Postby Steve » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:48 am

"Ha, maybe if they don't smell you coming first." said Dwain to Korr "Come on, finish that drink I bought ya you barely touched it." he then turns to Shaed and says "Don't worry about me, that happened in a kingdom far far away."

Sure, I guess we could go for the loan for the wand.
@Lucas you can by a Permanency Scroll for 10125gp at one of the shops Callenburg but they only have 70% chance of having it.
@Korr I think dwarves get a fort bonus against alcohol.
Character:
Dwain Bartholomew: The Adventurer's Guild
Keanu Cidolfus: Adventures in Golarion
Steve
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Herzog » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:04 pm

I dunno, I guess Alcohol is treating like poison, in which case dwarf's get +2 for saving throws.

I can do the loan or the you guys working it ourselves without the loan. either way, should make a decision soon.

Looks like there could be a few more RPing posts or whatnot. Especially with the Kobold Brew... Also, any other shopping and stuff can be taken care of off camera when the clock advances a few days.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Shaed Vaerdaer » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:13 pm

Shaed laughs at the two, taking a sip on his mead. He sets his glass down heavily, then says ''Well, that I am glad ta hear, Jester.''

I'd rather just go ahead and pay for my end of it, since I've got the gold. Lender nor borrower be, etc.
Shaed Vaerdaer
Villager
Villager

Postby GrimbleBurnstock » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:38 pm

Grim listens to the Jester with a look on his face as if the mention of blueberry pie make him think of something else. He's slightly taken aback by the jesters questioning his background. I've known this guy for 5 ticks of a clock and I've already found out he's a fugitive from the law. What if I was the one looking for him.. What if he's the one looking for me?

"Oh me? Oh I'm just passing through. Just looking for a few odd jobs and odd people to make some coin off of."

Just then, the magician does a complete makeover on himself, thankfully turning the conversation in another direction. Grim slides some coins on the table to cover his stew, sits back and watches the others, learning their mannerisms and tendencies.

I vote for keeping the money between ourselves. One of us make an ooc post on who owes what, and we'll settle it as we go.
Also, sorry for the delay in posting. Most weekends I won't be near a computer, so there typically I won't post between Friday afternoon and Sunday Evening/Monday moorning.
GrimbleBurnstock
Hero
Hero

Postby Steve » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:59 pm

OOC: lets just put it to a vote. If we take the loan we'd only owe an extra 15gp each and we can upgrade our stuff now. If we don't take the loan I still recommend the payment plan from earlier (233gp form Lucas and Shead(each), 234gp from Dwain, and 50gp form Grimle for the wand (750gp total). Later Grimble will owe 33gp to Lucas and Shaed and 34gp to Dwain (100gp total). Korr will owe 50gp to Lucas, Shaed and Dwain (150gp total).)

Post "Boo Loan" if you don't want to take the loan.
Post "Yay Loan" if you want to take the loan.
Post "Boo Steve's Plan" if you don't like my payment plan.
Post "Yay Steve's Plan" if you like my payment plan.
(vote on the payment plan even I you voted "Yay Loan")

I vote
Yay Loan
Yay Steve's Plan
Character:
Dwain Bartholomew: The Adventurer's Guild
Keanu Cidolfus: Adventures in Golarion
Steve
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Korr Gravehand » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:29 am

"So I'm ugly and me stink?" Korr grits his teeth before letting out a thunderous laugh."This stinky ugly dwarf will watch your arse. Just make sure ya return the favor."
Korr Gravehand

Postby Lucas Thurgrove » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:08 pm

" I say yay loan" Lucas wonders were he can get the dyes to change his hair and a tailor to dye his clothes " I say nay on the repayment plan now but i suggest a set percentage of out loot goes toward the wand. " Lucas wanders off to chat with Trixie about getting dyes for his hair and clothes .
Lucas Thurgrove
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Herzog » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:02 pm

So that's two for the loan. I would say one more for it and that's majority. once that's taken care of, it looks like you guys are ready to move on.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby GrimbleBurnstock » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:03 pm

OOC: Maybe I'm confused, but I don't think there'd be a repayment plan if we went with the loan? (sounds contradictory, but the loan+interest would be paid out of our treasure, prior to us getting the cash, or if we RP'd the loan, we'd sell our loot, and then repay whoever gave us the loan, I'm guessing that'd end up being Deves, as he seems like the head of the "Family" here in Callenburg.

Either way, I'll follow the majority on this. After reading up one some stuff (how to actually play), I'm going to be making some purchases, but even if I give the 50gp towards the wand, the leftover should cover anything else I need to buy. I'd like to run some of my ideas by someone (through PM as not to clutter up the threads) if someone would like to volunteer?
GrimbleBurnstock
Hero
Hero

Postby Herzog » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Yes. The loan would not require any payment plan as it would taken out of the party treasure before divvying up into individual shares.

Grimble, you can PM if you want about your puchases. Unless you're looking for a fellow player's input.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]