The Old Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Herzog » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:07 pm

As the day draws on and evening approaches, You all carry on with whatever activities find to pass the time, be it drinking or some other form of merriment. The next couple of days pass uneventful, just as Deves had said, with no work becoming available. However, on the third day, you all receive messages from the master dwarf that a job has come up, and that a group needed to be put together. As you all arrive back at the guild common room, Grog bids you to wait at Master Deves's booth for the dwarf.

Image
Once all gathered, the master dwarf enters from the back rooms of the guild, followed by a richly dressed woman with aristocratic features. The two approach your table with a purpose. Deves stops at the head of the table and looks around, as to count, nodding to each one of you, before speaking. "Ah. Good! You're all here." Moving aside, the gruff dwarf introduces the woman. "This is Lady Evelina. She has the job for you, and will explain the details. Don't screw it up." Before turning to leave, Deves says to the woman. "There. I've done my part. They're all yours." With that, the master dwarf strides back into his office, leaving you and the woman appraising each other.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby GrimbleBurnstock » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:24 pm

Grim is anxious to hear that Deves has a job for him, and arrives at the tavern early.

Deves arrives, does his spiel, and leaves just as abruptly. He finds it odd that Deves would leave his guild members in the hands of a noble woman, then realizes that he got his dues, what does he care.

He waits inquisitively for the woman to give them direction.
User avatar
GrimbleBurnstock
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:53 am

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Evelina Bathory » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Image

The noble woman, as she can be nothing but, is dressed in a red gown that contains gold and silver lace, trimmed in black. On one hand, a finger wears an intricate gold band, while on the other hand, glimpses of a ring with a small red skull wreathed in flames typical can be seen. The nails on both her hands are lacquered in a deep red. A slight pleasant whiff of expensive perfume can be scented once she is at your table. Lady Evelina’s aristocratic face is framed by flowing dark hair that curls just past the woman’s breasts. Green eyes give each of an appraising look as she as glances around the group.

Once satisfied, she begins to speak in a cultured voice with an accent not local to the region. “Yes, I am Lady Evelina. Some of know and have met me once before. To those that haven’t, you can ask those two about me later. “ Lady Evelina gives a nod to the bard and spellscale, and then continues, “ You are all here for a job, no? Not to hear about me.”

Lady Evelina pauses for effect, and then continues. “One thing I will say is that I deal with the arcane, specifically magic artifacts and relics. It is this interest that brings my job to you. A contact of mine has sent me notes and letters about a possible set of magic relics in a forest nearby to where he is staying. These relics once belonged to some forest king, long dead which mattters not to me. My contact says he has come across a map leading to these relics, and all it would take is some hardy adventurers to retrieve them. Obviously, this is where you come in.“

Lady Evelina pauses again to let the information sink in. “My job to you is simply this. Find and retrieve the set of artifacts for me. I have a letter of introduction to a Professor Krane, my contact. He is staying at an inn near the forest that contains the relics. It is about a day's travel from here. Deliver the letter to him and he will give you more details of the artifacts as well as map of the area.“ Lady Evelina pulls out a sealed envelope, and lays it on the table.

The noble woman smiles, before speaking again, “Now the important part for you adventurers, payment no? Return here with all the artifacts in good condition, and I’ll award you 500gp each. Now then, any questions?”
User avatar
Evelina Bathory
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby GrimbleBurnstock » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:08 pm

Grim leans forward on the table as he listens to the woman speak. He's dealt with these types of people before. Nobles with so much money they collect magical items and play with them as if they were toys. His trust for them is greatly outweighed by their ignorance.

Noticing that the woman is employing a group of five, more than adequate, adventurers for a 'simple' delivery job, he gets even more distrusting.

"In any of your correspondence with your associate, has he mentioned what exactly is prohibiting him from getting the artifacts himself?"
User avatar
GrimbleBurnstock
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:53 am

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Shaed Vaerdaer » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Shaed listens to the woman's pitch, his interest peaking at the mention of magical items. In his experience, nearly every magical item of any value had a small army between it and anyone that wished to have it for themselves. The promise of a bit of adventure, along with a good pay day was enough for him.

He stands to the side of the group, his thumbs hooked into his swordbelt, waiting patiently for the group to continue.
User avatar
Shaed Vaerdaer
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 7:29 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Evelina Bathory » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:33 am

Lady Evelina looks down the table at the gnomish rogue with a small smile. The gnome had a point, and woman makes to explain, "You have a valid point Mr. Gnome?" She looks questionable at the gnome as no one has introduced themselves, but then she continues, "Professor Krane is just that, a simple professor. He is not young, nor has the skills to go scouring the forest."
User avatar
Evelina Bathory
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Korr Gravehand » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:49 am

"Enough about the treasure. What about its guardians? Don't get me wrong I love monies..." Korr pauses for a moment as he looks the noble in the eyes "but its the conflict I love. Yer never more alive then that moment before yer death." He looks to the rest of the group as another simple question comes to mind. "What are the relics and what type of ruin do they sit?"
User avatar
Korr Gravehand
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Evelina Bathory » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:03 am

Lady Evelina returns the dwarf's look with a bemused smile. "No doubt you do, Mr. Dwarf. As for guardians and the items themselves, Professor Krane will have the details. The forest is old where the relics are apparently hidden, I'm sure it won't give them up easily."

After a moment's pause, Lady Evelina taps her one of her fingers on the table in thought, before looking up again. "I have many rivals in town. It is possibly that one such may dispatch a similar group to recover the items in order to undermine me and mine. But that is only simple conjecture, as I have no proof of it."

Straightening back up, the noble woman catches every one's eyes again, "Now then, do you accept the offer? If so, I'll give you directions to the inn where Professor Krane is staying, and answer any remaining questions."
User avatar
Evelina Bathory
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby GrimbleBurnstock » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:37 pm

Grim notices that the woman steers clear of mentioning anything to do with guardians of her sought after relics. He's pleased to hear the Dwarf question her about them, but worried once again by his apparent quickness to fight. He, himself, is much more prone to swift, silent attacks, but knows that this is more than likely not the Dwarf's plan of action. He quickly realizes though, that this could be used to good strategy, he'd just found a walking, talking diversion.

Being addressed again by the woman, Grim stands. "'Mr. Gnome' is good enough for now, thank you," he says, bowing as much as he can without his head hitting the table. "Your terms are agreeable, to me atleast." Looking at the rest of the group, "Assuming the same for all of you, I'm ready to head out whenever you are."

spoiler: show
OOC: Grim has been traveling on his own for quite some time, which has apparently put him in a very non-trusting state of mind. I'll talk to him, see if I can get him to open up.

As for supplies, with the area being a day's journey away, we're looking at 2 days worth of travel, plus what? maybe another 2 exploring?
User avatar
GrimbleBurnstock
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:53 am

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Lucas Thurgrove » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:41 pm

" We have successively done lucrative business in the past so I toast to another successful venture" Lucas raise his glass of wine to toast there good fortune .
User avatar
Lucas Thurgrove
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:26 am

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Steve » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:38 pm

On the three days waiting on his adventure Dwain has been preforming in the streets to pass the time and to make a little extra money. He also bought two Cure Light Wounds Potions 100gp and gave 120gp for the wand. He also sold his rapier for 10gp.

"Hmmm, this sounds interesting." says Dwain. He then gives a great bow to Evelina and says "You know you can count on me to get the job done, me Lady."

spoiler: show
Dwain uses Perform(String Instrument) for 3 days
12+6=18 Dwain's performance was enjoyable he made 2sp a day
Dwain earned 6sp over 3 days
OOC: I went ahead and put the wand in Dwain's inventory.
Character:
Dwain Bartholomew: The Adventurer's Guild
Keanu Cidolfus: Adventures in Golarion
User avatar
Steve
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Herzog » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:35 am

With no more questions to answer and majority of you having agreed to the task, Lady Evelina gives you directions to the inn. The inn is about a day's travel from Callenburg, and so you all arrange to meet outside the city gates in the morning. This allows the rest of the day to take care of last minute shopping. Lady Evelina reminds you to take the letter of introduction to Professor Krane and then bids you good day and good luck, before striding out of the guild.

spoiler: show
So I assume that Dwain is paying Korr's share of the wand, and that everyone else is putting in 60gp?

You all can take care of last minute shopping, either note it here or in Group E's OOC thread.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Herzog » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:55 am

Group E may now post in the IC thread located here, when ready. Please read the spoiler blocks on the first post.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Previous

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest