The Old Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

The Old Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:46 pm

*** IF YOU ARE NOT A PLAYER IN ANY OF THE GROUPS, PLEASE READ NO FURTHER IF YOU HAVE INTENTIONS OF PARTICIPATING IN GUILD GAMES!! ***



Draconic Human Male 1st Level Duskblade, Nikhil XP: 1230
Human Male 1st Level Bard, Dwain Bartholomew XP: 480
Draconic Human Male 1st Level Knight, Kaedyn Thorngood XP: 480
Human female 1st Level Rogue, Everild Autry XP: 480
Spellscale Male 1st Level Sorcerer, Lucas Thurgrove XP: 480
Human Male 1st Level Swashbuckler, Shaed Vaerdaer XP: 300
Dwarf Male 1st Level Fighter, Korr Gravehand XP: 0
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12069
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:59 pm

--- Enter Dwain ---

As you enter into the common room of the Guild, you see many adventurous types mingling and conversing. Some are swapping stories, others drinking ale, and even a few engaged in games of chance. You have heard that new comers should speak to a Dwarf named Deves Markham, a retired fighter that is a prominent member of the Guild.

The bartender is a grumpy looking half-orc, drying a mug with a cloth as he looks around the common room. He occasionally spits into the mug he is drying to clean off a pesky spot or two.
Image

spoiler: show
OOC: Deves Markham is listed in the Callenburg: Places and People thread.


Kaedyn is waiting around for those heroic suckers, er... adventurers, that went off to retrieve the holy sword of Sir Roderic. He has struck up a conversation with a fellow draconic human, Nikhil, a friend of Raddick's a tavern regular.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12069
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Steve » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Dwain, wearing his usual get up of a jester's outfit with matching red and green leather armor over it, decorated with bells that don't jiggle and a black and white jester's mask with his long blonde hair pulled into a pony tale, walked inside the guild common room. He peered around the place and his attention was caught by a half-orc bartender trying to clean a mug with his spit. "Ew," he said to himself "orc backwash." Dwain walked over to the bartender and said "Hello there, chap. Dwain's my name and adventuring's my game. Have you seen an old dwarf named Deves Markham? I'm supposed to speak to him."

spoiler: show
OOC: the link to Callenburg: Places and People isn't working.
Last edited by Steve on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Character:
Dwain Bartholomew: The Adventurer's Guild
Keanu Cidolfus: Adventures in Golarion
User avatar
Steve
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:57 pm

The bartender just looks at the new arrival and wipes the mug again, grunting to himself, "Da fooker look like jokesta in dat get up. Just crossing da room cud be davencha. Hell, reminds me o' dat poofda Seb. Betta naw sing dum songs."

Image

Pouring a mug of ale, he sets it down on the counter, holding up five fingers he replies to Dwain in a gruff voice, "Foa coppa fur da ork piss. Master Deves duz bizness ova der," and he nods to the far corner of the common room to an unoccupied booth.

Deves's corner booth is a round table with a good sized bench built into the wall providing back support. It will seat 4 around three quarters of the table. There is only space for two chairs at the open end of the booth, but no chairs are beside the table. There are sturdy hooks on the wall beside the booth to hang weapons and such while people are seated. Hanging from another bracket is a nice dwarven crafted warhammer about 4 feet long.

Grog is holding out a hand expecting payment for the unordered ale.

spoiler: show
OOC: Thanks, link fixed.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12069
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Steve » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:29 am

Dwain looks at the mug smiling and says "Orc piss? that isn't real orc piss. Real orc piss smells way more rank than that." while dropping a copper piece in to the ale he says "Here's a tip, if you're going to spit in the cups, you could at least do it when no one is looking. Honestly, if I wanted your drool in my mouth I'd try and seduce you. Well anyways, thanks for the info mate, cheerio." He immediately turns away from the bar and walks towards Deve's booth, not caring what the bartender had to say in return.

spoiler: show
OOC: -1 cp for dwain
Last edited by Steve on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character:
Dwain Bartholomew: The Adventurer's Guild
Keanu Cidolfus: Adventures in Golarion
User avatar
Steve
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Kaedyn » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:48 am

Kaedyn is sitting a little back from a table near the bar, left hand grasping his polearm to stand it upright between his knees. He is wearing his armor and the rest of his gear is piled in an empty chair next to him. The other man, a drinking companion named Nikhil, is discussing the last adventure that he completed with that boisterous fighter, Raddick. On hearing the tale of Millie the fat, ugly maid Kaedyn chuckles, glad to know the more experienced fighter has some flaws. Swallowing some ale, he looks to over and sees some weird man in a jester outfit.

With a nod in that direction, he points out the spectacle to Nik, "Looks like another one of those entertainers walked into the wrong tavern. Did one of the nobles fire their court jester? Or maybe the gypsy troupe is in town."

Seeing the look on Grog's face as the newcomer drops a coin into the ale, Kaedyn stands up expecting some trouble. The knight remembers the last time someone was disrespectful to the bartender and he expects some mediation or healing will be needed quickly.
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Nikhil » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:24 am

Nikhil is setting with Kaedyn relating his tale of Raddick to both the knight and his mutual amusement. Nikhil is of medium build, muscled but not overly large coming up at about 6ft. He has with dark brown eyes, and somewhat shaggy dark brown, almost black hair that is not quite shoulder length. His face has an unshaven look, with a small goatee. His expression is sharp and serious or reserved. Nikhil current wears a set of worn studded leather over some traveling clothes. A spiked chain is coiled up and hangs from a hook on his belt, and a longsword hangs from the opposite side. Nikhil's backpack is set up against the wall, and has a buckler and shortbow tied to it.

Taking a drink of his ale, Nikhil follows Kaedyn's pointing finger and see's the man in the jesters outfit at the bar. Nikhil frown's and says, "Maybe he escaped?" Taking another drink, Nikhil watches the scene play out at the bar. With Kaedyn standing up, Nikhil mutters, "What the hell! He didn't just insult Grog!? The idiot..." A shocked Nikhil remains seated to watch the expected beating.
Nikhil : Adventurer's Guild
User avatar
Nikhil
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Grog's countenance darkens at the jester not only doesn't buy the ale, but drops a dirty coin it so he cannot serve it to anyone else. At least not without taking it out of sight and fishing the coin out, that is. Then wet-behind the ears newcomer starts trying to give him tips on how to run his business.

Image

The half-orc is not the smartest or wittiest of people, but he has years of successful adventuring under his belt with visible scars to prove it. Dwain's turning away thinking his fancy talk would settle the matter and he could just walk away, infuriates the retired fighter and his meaty hand lashes out to grab the bard by the back of his collar. "Yew just hold on a minute fookhead."

The half-orc pulls the bard backwards off of his feet and up onto the bar's counter, feet danging over the edge as Dwain looks up at Grog's ugly face inches away, but upside down from his vantage. The warhammer like fist held in check by the half-orc's willpower alone. "I can piss in yur ale and you can compare da two. Now ya owe me foa coppa fur da mug ya just spilled."

In hauling the bard backwards, the mug with the coin in it was knocked to the floor by Dwain's body, but the mug itself did not break.

spoiler: show
Grog succeeded in hitting with his grapple attack rolled a 12+11=23
Grog's Grapple check to gain a hold is a roll of 16+11=27
Dwain cannot beat that, even with a 20.

I provided this OOC information so Dwain would know what buzzsaw he just walked into. I held back the unarmed attack damage a successful grapple gets to deal to keep Dwain from being KO'd. :wink:

A little tip, many of the NPC's running around in the Adventure's Guild often have to play bouncer for higher level characters frequenting the place.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12069
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Kaedyn » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:40 pm

Kaedyn watches the beginning of a potential disaster for the newcomer and comments to Nik, "Nay, I cannot just let the ignorant get pummeled into oblivion. Twould be like stealing milk from a babe. I must try to keep the pour sot from being broken. Maybe he is drunk and did not know better, but that is no reason to send him to the infirmary."

The Knight strides over to stand nearby, hoping the man on top of the bar will have the good sense to extricate himself from his predicament.
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Steve » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:12 am

Dwain's antics have yet again gotten him it trouble. Trying to quickly think of a way to trick the half-orc into letting him go he shouts "Good god, man! You have yellow spots on your palms! You must have the Yellow Spotted Fever!"

spoiler: show
OOC: Dwain uses his bluff skill try and distract Grog and make him release his grapple.
Dwain rolled a 1+4=5
http://invisiblecastle.com/search/?roll=&name=Dwain&player=&campaign=&latest=
Last edited by Steve on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character:
Dwain Bartholomew: The Adventurer's Guild
Keanu Cidolfus: Adventures in Golarion
User avatar
Steve
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:17 pm

<<This is post 3000! Only took 345 days. \:D/ >>

Not being distracted in the slightest, Grog's doesn't find the joke amusing; more akin to yelling fire in a crowded room.

Image

Seeing the inquisitive look on a nearby patron's face, the half-orc grunts, "Dontcha even thunk it, numb nuts." The grumpy bartender's eyes are cold, and the drunk commoner waves his hand to say, no way, not me.

Grog looks back down into Dwain's face, the hot breath smelling of some strange food that he doesn't recognize. The smell isn't bad though, the bartender has surprisingly good hygiene. "Yew not be tryin' start a riot now, are ya?"

Image

A barmaid comes through the crowd that is now watching the spectacle, and she interjects with a smile speaking to Dwain, "Luv, you are not making the Guildmaster's friend angry, now are you? The last time some novice adventurer and his four companions did that, Grog tossed them all out by himself. He just snatched their weapons away and proceeded to knock their heads together. But the priests of Pelor can cure you up afterward, for a reasonable fee, if you are not going to apologize."

Grog holds off pounding the bard, waiting to see what he will say.

spoiler: show
Please include the BBCode link for Invis Castle rolls. It is not that I don't trust you, but I won't even let my own brother use his real dice unless I am watching. All the DMs use on-line rollers when they are players too. :wink:


--- Enter Taladric ---

As you enter into the common room of the Guild, you see many adventurous types mingling and conversing. Some are swapping stories, others drinking ale, and even a few engaged in games of chance. You have heard that newcomers should speak to a Dwarf named Deves Markham, a retired fighter that is a prominent member of the Guild.

There appears to be some altercation going on at the bar between the burly half-orc bartender and some strangely dressed individual. Murmuring from the crowd indicates that it has to do with a patron not paying his bar tab or something.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12069
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Steve » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:16 pm

"Well..." said Dwain looking at the barmaid and then back up at Grog "I'm sorry Groggy, I didn't mean to get you all worked up like this. My tongue can be a tad sharp, especially when some one expects payment for a good that I did not want nor even attempt to buy. Now, you could rip my head off and break every bone in my body over a snarky remark and four copper pieces for a drink that I didn't order, but what would your Guildmaster have to say about that. Besides, is this anyway to behave in front of a lady?" he said winking at the barmaid."So, what do you say about putting me down chum?"

spoiler: show
Dwain tries to use his diplomacy skill to calm Grog down
Dwain roll a 6+4=10
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2965618/
Character:
Dwain Bartholomew: The Adventurer's Guild
Keanu Cidolfus: Adventures in Golarion
User avatar
Steve
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Kaedyn » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:20 am

Kaedyn shakes his head as the bard continues to either fail to see his predicament or doesn't care. He taps the man's leg so the fellow knows that he is being talked to, since Dwain can only see a face-full of half-orc at the moment, "Jester, you should probably apologize better than that. Grog expects everyone to buy the ale just for asking him a question. You want to get hired, you most likely will have to drink it too and buy a round for Master Deves as well once he shows up."

"Unless you want to try Grog's good stuff or some Kobold brew, the ale is just a bit watered down. But certainly safer to drink than the water in this city."
User avatar
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm
Location: Callenburg

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Sunelis » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:23 am

Taladric enters the common room whistling a jaunty traveling song. Surveying the room a grin spreads across his handsome, boyish face, My kind of establishment, he thinks to himself. His whistling comes to an abrupt halt mid-phrase as he spies the conflict at the bar. Fearing that the mammoth half-orc was bullying some poor sod who was just a little too desperate for a drink, he tries to sidle up closer to the action to see if he could be of any assistance. He covers the distance to the bar slowly, trying to over hear more details and hoping he can come up with a way to help before he arrives.
Sunelis
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:47 am

Re: The Guild's Tavern Thread [IC/OOC]

Postby Steve » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:04 am

Smiling Dwain replies to Grog "Kobold brew! Why didn't you say so in the first place? I'll have one of those."
Character:
Dwain Bartholomew: The Adventurer's Guild
Keanu Cidolfus: Adventures in Golarion
User avatar
Steve
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Next

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest