Old Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby Rahn » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:49 pm

Rahn catches sight of the old man as he enters the common room. As the man makes he way over the group, Rahn motions to the others that they have company. The old man introduces himself and Rahn listens quietly as the old man explains the situation.

"Teiflings. Hmmm." Rahn comments, "What troublesome scoundrels." Taking a drink of his ale, Rahn then asks, "We were discussing the quest that Kaedyn had mentioned. Was your divination able to give any rough idea of numbers? And anything you can tells about the area of the ambush?"
User avatar
Rahn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:17 pm

“That’s terrible,” Phaeral said, frowning heavily. “I’m very sorry for your loss.”

He glanced around at the others, then back to the elder priest.

“We were discussing it earlier, and we’d like to help. Do you know if his squire is dead as well? And were you able to perform a divination on the location of the relic?”

Phaeral paused, considering.

“Also, do you wish Sir Roderic’s remains, and those of his squire, returned as well, if it is possible?”
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:47 am

Jael Darrenson bows his head and spreads his arms out in supplication, "With divination, we focused our energies on the Patriarch himself and the location of the sword. The squire likely fell with his liege, giving his life before allowing Sir Roderic to perish. Therefore, we don't expect to find him alive either. Recovering Sir Roderic's and his squire's bodies would be appreciated, but our priority is the recovery of sword and what it symbolizes."

Image

Straightening, the padre strokes his graying beard and replies, "We only have conjecture about the location of the ambush itself, more than likely along the road outside the city. And it seems those creatures appeared to be purposely seeking out the patriarch since it would not have been a case of simple banditry. Sir Roderic, by all appearances, would have looked only like a traveling knight not some rich merchant, and definitely not an easy target. It is believed that they must have either wanted to assassinate him or they want our holy sword for some nefarious purpose."

"We do have an idea where these raiders are camped however, we fear that they might not stay there much longer if capturing the sword were their true purpose. Normally, we would have tried to handle this on our own, but time is short and we could not wait for the experienced paladins and knights to return to Callenburg to recover the holy relic. The few novices we have would likely get killed for naught."

"They are using an abandoned, run-down keep not too far outside the city. We don't have a clear idea of how many there are, but that's why we sent Kaedyn to find plenty of experienced heroes for such a task. Since they are dangerously close to the city, it is believed that they will move on fairly soon before the city mobilizes a force to go after them. Particularly if the think the knights are mustering as well."


Jael provides directions on how to find the ruined keep. It is on a small rise in a lightly wooded area about 2-3 hours walk from the city gates. If you leave within the next half hour, you should be able to get there and back before nightfall.

The priest also offers, "Our church will gladly provide our prayers of healing when you return to the city and while you are working in our service. We are also offering you 1000 gold coins as reward when you return the holy sword."

spoiler: show
OOC: Sorry, forgot about the timing issue so for those in Group C it must be a day later to allow for the shopping and such to be completed already. I threw a lot at you in these last two posts, but I think it is time to get cracking on it.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby Gothrom » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:25 am

"What nefarious purpose do ya think they need yer holy sword for?", Gothrom asks gruffly, once the priest is finished. He remains standing despite Raddick politely offering him a seat; he prefers to stand, in the company of humans. It makes him feel taller. "Does it got powers that could be used for evil?"

Inwardly, Gothrom takes note of the size and length of the old human's grey beard. Finally, a human with style.
User avatar
Gothrom
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:14 pm

Father Jael Darrenson is almost apologetic, "We know naught of any ritual or specific purpose that the holy relic could be used for. Outside of being a finely crafted weapon, it holds no specific enchantment of itself."

Image

Contemplatively, the padre strokes his graying beard some more and considers aloud, "In fact the merchant value of the sword itself is no more than that of any other masterly crafted sword, not unlike the fine weapons if see adorning your persons."

"It has mostly religious significance to us and as Patriarch, Sir Roderic wielded it while developing a holy bond. In his hands alone it had significant divine powers, but even another paladin would not be able to use them without similarly binding the weapon, supplanting Sir Roderic's bond. I suppose the essence remains and perhaps some agents of evil could use it as an ingredient in a certain type of conjuring that would require something of the holy relic's nature to be destroyed in the process. But such rituals are beyond the ken of our church."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:11 am

Phaeral nodded.

“Well, this sounds really important. We have to get that sword out of the wrong hands. There’s no telling what they could use it for, it sounds like.”

He turned to the others.

“They might be expecting knights, but they won’t be expecting a faster group that can travel overland. We should leave as soon as we finish gearing up. It seems like time is of the essence.”

He turned to the brawny fighter who had been paying so much attention to Ashleigh.

“Raddick, would you be available to accompany us? With Brunhilde leaving our company, we sure could use your assistance.”
User avatar
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:30 pm

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby Rahn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Rahn agrees with the scout, "Indeed. That kind of relic in evil hands is not a good thing." Rahn then turns to the old man as he stands up, "We'll have that sword back to as well as the remains of the paladin and his squire if they can be found. This I swear."

Rahn says to the others, "I'm going to gather up my gear. Meet back here shortly?"
User avatar
Rahn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby Gothrom » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:52 pm

"Aye! And we'll bring you a few thiefling heads along with that!", Gothrom loudly adds to Rahn's promise. In truth, he cares neither about the bones of the dead paladin nor the church's useless relic, but the reward is generous and he is itching to put his new waraxe to use.

Hearing Phaeral's proposal to the man named Raddick, Gothrom guffaws aloud. "Yer gonna be hard-pressed to replace her by yerself", he tells Raddick, winking to take some of the seriousness from his words, although he does mean them. "There may have only been half of her, but I've never known a human to be half as fierce on the battlefield!"
User avatar
Gothrom
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:20 am

Father Jael Darrenson bows his head in respect and prepares to leave, "Thank you for agreeing to help us. When you return, please come to the Chapter House of Heironeous. We will be waiting for your successful return."

Image

If there are no further questions, the padre departs and heads out the door.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby Raddick » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:57 am

Raddick toasts the two men and the dwarf, "Happy I am to help in this endeavor. I have fought along side that whirling dervish halfling, so I know what you mean. However, I am pretty skilled myself, but perhaps not as reckless being more of a tactician. Besides, someone has to protect my gal here." He indicates the attractive redhead, pretending to be coy and shy from across the table.

"I am ready to leave when you are."

SSFFFT!! The German Shepard that was napping by the fireplace perks its ears up and yawns. Then it gets to its feat and pads over to Raddick and puts both front paws on his leg to get his head up to look around the table. He starts lapping up ale from the fighter's mug.

Giving the dog a scratch behind the ears, Raddick introduces the dog, "This is Fido, he can come with and help sniff out the bastards and stand guard."
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
User avatar
Raddick
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:23 am
Location: Realms around Callenburg

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby Ashleigh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:23 am

Ashleigh smiles at Fido's arrival and quips, "A boy and his dog."

In offering her opinion, she says, "Well, Raddick is no Brunhilde, but he does pretty well, even after being tossed out of a balcony. I just need to collect my chain shirt on the way. I had a wizard imbue it with some protection magic to make it stronger. By the way, what's a tiefling? Anyone know?"
Ashleigh Carlisle - Warlock in the Adventurer's Guild
Ashleigh Carlisle - Wizard in Queen for a Day
User avatar
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby Rahn » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Rahn bids the padre good day as he stands there stretching for a moment. He then tries to answer Ashleigh's question, "Aren't they the offspring of some fiend and human?"
User avatar
Rahn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby Gothrom » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:56 pm

"Sounds nasty", Gothrom comments, frowning in distaste.

He turns back to Raddick, "A tactician, eh? I'm a bit o' one meself, so we should get along fine."
User avatar
Gothrom
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby Ashleigh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:42 pm

Ashleigh wrinkles her nose at the thought, "Ewww, that romance sounds as bad as coupling with certain odorous bores that I know." She smiles almost innocently in Raddick's direction.

She makes to leave, "I will meet you outside after I collect my armor."
Ashleigh Carlisle - Warlock in the Adventurer's Guild
Ashleigh Carlisle - Wizard in Queen for a Day
User avatar
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:09 am

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby Raddick » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:50 am

Raddick stands up as well and follows her out, making to put and armored arm around Ashleigh's shoulders to properly escort her, but changes his mind when stops to think about it. Too heavy and rough on a woman's delicate skin.

"Come on Fido. See you gents later, I will accompany the lady and makes sure she is not accosted by unwanted suitors."

OOC: Link to new IC thread: Grp C: Storming the Keep [IC]
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
User avatar
Raddick
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:23 am
Location: Realms around Callenburg

Previous

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests