Old Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby Kaedyn » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:29 am

Kaedyn frowns in consternation at Raddick's bravado, but ignores the comment about his plans for the woman Ashleigh, even if she exists.

He replies to Jebril, "Certainly the church is offering a reward. If they can determine what happened, they will likely send us to retrieve the holy relic that was in Sir Roderic's care. How much of the share will be yours will depend on how many people are accompanying me on the venture. But I can tell you that I will not be taking a share of the reward, only a share of the glory of our success."

spoiler: show
OOC: Not going to reveal anything more about the adventure until Group C arrives. But Deves is now available once you are done chit-chatting with Kaedyn and Raddick.
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Sebastian Bach » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:56 am

Sebastian nods to those remaining. "Well, I had better prepare for a night at the mausoleum." he bids adieu.
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend

Postby GerOge » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:14 am

"Well, Uthgar, looks like we ought to get ourselves to market before dark clothing, morningstars and white face-paint become scarce commodities. Deves, it has been a rare pleasure, as always. For our victory feast, I'm partial to a good, dark ale but anything other than ork piss will be fine I'm sure."

I give an amiable nod in the direction of the newcomers and Kaedyn as I head toward the door.
GerOge and Germain Ogenath in The Guild
GerOge
Legend
Legend

Postby Dorn » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Uthgar nods in agreement with Germain, and follows him out the door after bidding the others farewell.
Dorn
Hero
Hero

Postby Raddick » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:35 am

Raddick notices the lovely and petite Sefrenia leaving and sighs. But his wistfulness doesn't last very long as he cracks his knuckles and says to Kaedyn, "Well, you need a skull basher, I am available. We can find this relic and knock the shit out the culprits that took it. Even you are a bit stiff, you look to be good in a fight. With my flail to trip the blighters up, you two can slice them to ribbons, yeah. What say you, pointy ears?"
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
Raddick
Legend
Legend

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:10 am

Phaeral glanced around as he stepped into the common room.

He had a smile for the familiar faces he saw, and a friendly nod for the newcomers. It wasn’t as busy in the common room as he remembered, but he imagined that it fluctuated now and then.

Phaeral waved at the man named Raddick that he and Ashleigh had been discussing earlier.

“Hey, how’s it going?”

He sat down with the others at a table near Raddick’s.

“How have your adventures been treating you?” he asked, then paused. “I can’t remember, had you met Gothrom and Rahn earlier? And you probably remember Ashleigh.”

He recalled that Ashleigh had been sighing over the brawny fighter.
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend

Postby Ashleigh » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:17 am

Ashleigh accompanies Phaeral into the Guild's common room, a little hungry and tired from the day's business. She has spend some time haggling with merchants and mages in dealing with their loot. Though she isn't greatly skilled in such negotiations, she is not afraid to use her good looks to her advantage.

Spotting Raddick sitting with two other men, she hesitates to follow Phaeral over to join them at the table. She remembers that she still owes the man a date and he will likely try to collect what's due. In her hesitation, she looks around for the young cleric of Heironeuos, knowing that Sefrenia would be good to help protect her from Raddick aggressive advances.

Not seeing her around, she cautiously follows Phaeral and joins the men and stands by the table. Greeting the two strangers, "Good day, gentlemen. My name is Ashleigh."

"Hello, Raddick, umm... nice to see you again. You look like you survived your last quest. Is that where you got that hideous armor?"
Ashleigh Carlisle - Warlock in the Adventurer's Guild
Ashleigh Carlisle - Wizard in Queen for a Day
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero

Postby Raddick » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:41 am

Raddick nods a friendly response to Phaeral's greeting, "Hoy, there mate. Glad to see you are back, and none the worse for wear, eh? This here is Kaedyn, a knight and friend of Sefrenia's. And this out-of-towner is Jebril." He signals Trixie to bring another pitcher of ale.

"Nope, never even heard mention of those two names before, but the tasty red-head, she, I remember very well... Why there she is now."

He stands up on seeing Ashleigh approach, "Hey, Ashleigh. I am glad you made it back. You are looking as beautiful as ever, babe." Moving over to her, he engulfs the red-head in a hug and tries to kiss her in greeting. She reluctantly goes along with it, but turns her head to take the kiss on the cheek.

This doesn't bother Raddick in the slightest as he pulls back and holds her waist at arms length. "I think you owe me a date tonight, now that you are back. That was our agreement, if I remember correctly."
Raddick
Legend
Legend

Postby Kaedyn » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:47 am

Kaedyn chides the fighter, "Let the lady sit down and leave her virtue alone, Raddick."

He smiles at both Ashleigh and Phaeral, "Well met friends, please sit and join us. Are there more of you coming? We were just discussing an important quest that I need help with and Raddick has told me your group should be plenty capable."
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:39 am

“Oh?” Phaeral said to Kaedyn.

He glanced over to Ashleigh in concern. Raddick was a little pushy, but Phaeral knew that women liked that. At least some of them did. Whether or not Ashleigh would acquiesce to Raddick’s proposal, he wasn’t sure.

He turned his attention back to the knight.

“Yes, we have two more. Gothrom, as fierce and deadly of a warrior as you’d find anywhere, and Rahn, whose ability to heal wounded companions is only exceeded by his wisdom good judgment.”

He nodded to Ashleigh.

“Ashleigh there wields a powerful eldritch energy unlike anything I’ve ever seen. Unfortunately, our fifth companion, the mighty warrior Brunhilde, had to leave our company. I am a bowman and scout.”

Phaeral paused.

“What is this important quest?”
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend

Postby Rahn » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Rahn finally manages to make to the Adventurer's Guild and enters the common room. The trip from Seawall was fairly pleasant despite the long walk. But reaching a fairly good size city with good clean beds was a welcome blessing. Rahn had never been to Callenburg before and had spent the rest of the day after the group arrived wandering around town and visiting the local temples. Eventually he headed to the Adventurer's Guild to pay his dues and meet up with the others from the Seawall group. It was sad to see the halfling Brunhilde go, but perhaps they would meet again in the future.

Entering the common room, Rahn takes note of all the various adventurers. He immediately spots Phaeral and Ashleigh over at a table with a knight looking fellow and rough looking man dressed in black platemail armor adorned with skulls. Making his way over to the table, Rahn says in greeting, "Phaeral, Ashleigh! Good day to you." Turning to the others, the cleric introduces himself, "I'm Rahn." stick out his hand the unknown men.
Rahn
Hero
Hero

Postby Ashleigh » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:17 am

Ashleigh politely pulls away from Raddick, blushing a little at the attention.

Waving a greeting to the cleric, she uses the arrival of Rahn to move aside and sit down next to Kaedyn to put some distance between her and the roguish fighter's advances and avoid responding about the date.

She remarks to confirm what Phaeral said, "Yes, I zap things."
Ashleigh Carlisle - Warlock in the Adventurer's Guild
Ashleigh Carlisle - Wizard in Queen for a Day
Ashleigh
Hero
Hero

Postby Raddick » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:21 am

Raddick shakes the cleric's hand and introduces himself, "I am Raddick Thom. I specialize in tripping up goblins and bashing the little shits in the head. Been known to smash apart skeletons too." With that poofda sting plucker no longer around, Raddick has no one readily available to keep his ego in check.

The platemail he is wearing is black and ornamented with little metal skulls worked into the craftsmanship. Though it is of fine quality, it has the appearance of being armor worn by some evil cultist. Raddick has done nothing to alter its appearance since he got it.
Raddick
Legend
Legend

Postby Kaedyn » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:37 am

Kaedyn shakes hands with Rahn as well and bids him to take a seat.

He replies to Phaeral's question, "As I explained to these other two, we have a paladin in our order that has not arrived from his travels, Sir Roderic. While the priests are performing a divination to see what happened to him, they sent me here to see if I can find some experienced people to help me rescue him or the relic he was carrying if he is no longer of this world."

"Given Sir Roderic's skill at arms and that he was accompanied by his squire, a skilled fighter in his own right, the villains who could have beaten those two are too much for the few novice paladins available to deal with. Being a Knight myself I volunteered for the quest, and they sent me to find some capable adventurer's that could succeed without throwing their lives away."

"If the priests can determine what happened, they will likely send us to retrieve the holy relic that was in Sir Roderic's care. The church is offering a reward for its return, however I will not be taking a share of the reward, only a share of the glory of our success."

spoiler: show
OOC: I am still waiting to see if Jebril is back with us. He PM's me about RL issues, so I am hoping he will return this week before we are ready to move on. I expect Gothrom will be checking after the weekend as usual.
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Phaeral Oeri » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:25 pm

“ ‘The glory of our success?’ ” Phaeral repeated, a dubious note in his voice.

He stared at the knight for a moment, uncertain of how to read the man.

Kaedyn was tall and broad-shouldered, with brown hair and blue eyes and strong, patrician features. He was brawnier than Phaeral by several degrees; if he had mind to do so, he could probably pummel Phaeral thoroughly, just with the flat of his greatsword. Yet Phaeral could not help but question the knight’s words.

“Wouldn’t your real reward be Sir Roderic’s safe return? Of course, it may be that he is no longer of this world, as you say, but I don’t really think the point of this quest is the glory of our success.
Phaeral Oeri
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]