Old Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Old Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:44 am

*** IF YOU ARE NOT A PLAYER IN ANY OF THE GROUPS, PLEASE READ NO FURTHER IF YOU HAVE INTENTIONS OF PARTICIPATING IN GUILD GAMES!! ***

New Participants

Terminus: Male Human Cleric, Osstan
Raphael777: Male Human Sorcerer, Horn Blauer
GerOge: Human Male Spellthief, Germain
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Re: Group D: Guild Common Room [IC/OOC]

Postby PMiller » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:46 am

--- Enter Haual & Osstan ---

As the adventurer's enter into the common room of the Guild, they see many adventurous types mingling and conversing. Some are swapping stories, others drinking ale, and even a few engaged in games of chance. You have heard that new comers should speak to a Dwarf named Deves Markham, a retired fighter that is a prominent member of the Guild.

The bartender is a grumpy looking half-orc, drying a mug with a cloth as he looks around the common room. He occasionally spits into the mug he is drying to clean off a pesky spot or two.

spoiler: show
OOC: Deves Markham is listed in the Callenburg: Places and People thread.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Osstan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:22 am

In a perfect world, ones entrance would suit ones ego. For Osstan there would surely be the crack of thunder, doors mysteriously opening themselves and a rolling wave of fog to announce his imminent Arrival. Even words that shouldn't be capitalized would bend the laws of grammar to Obey.

Unfortunately, this world is merely convenient rather than perfect, so Osstan steps into the Guildhall without any fanfare. Just another human, lightly armored and barely equipped by the standards of a veteran. He steps out of the entrance, glancing around, looking for something that he doesn't immediately find. So further brusque movement gets him to the bar, a dour look on his face as he greets the half-orc.

"I'm looking for a... dwarf; Deves Markham he's called. Do you know if he is about?"
Osstan

Postby PMiller » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:14 pm

The bartender just looks at the arrival and wipes the mug again. "Master Deves duz bizness ova der." and he nods to the far corner of the common room to an unoccupied booth.

Deves's corner booth is a round table with a good sized bench built into the wall providing back support. It will seat 4 around three quarters of the table. There is only space for two chairs at the open end of the booth, but no chairs are beside the table. There are sturdy hooks on the wall beside the booth to hang weapons and such while people are seated. Hanging from another bracket is a nice dwarven crafted warhammer about 4 feet long.

<<OOC: Deves probably won't appear until most party members check in.>>
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Raphael777 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:34 am

Horn looked at the Guild Hall, and then looked at his best friend. "Well, Zeph it looks like your waiting out here." The bird looked at him with those big almond like eyes and hooted knowingly. "Yeah, I know, your going to go hunt. Remember to trust your instincts and keep alert, friend." Horn watched Zephirion's horn-like feathers a top his head perked up before he launched skyward.

Content with his decision to take up the adventuring lifestyle Horn again looks at the Guildhall. He notices a holy man walking towards the entrance. "Good d-d..." The man had entered before he could finish and was obviously on a mission inside.

Horn followed him inside the hall, and listened to him ask a rather impolite half-orc about the same person he was looking for. Strange. he thought as he sat down at the bar motioning for a pint from the bartender. "Mead, please."

<<OOC: Horn is biding his time. Waiting to see what Osstan, and others are up to. Zephirion is out about hunting. Doing the Owl Thang. Also, Would it be possible to just use my Avatar for my combat token? >>
Last edited by Raphael777 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Alter-Egos

Elial
Horn
Raphael777

Postby PMiller » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:58 am

The bartender notices the second newcomer in scholarly clothes and just grunts, "Ork piss. Foa coppa each." He holds out his hand showing all five fingers.

The half-orc heads over to the cask of ale and pours a mug full into the one he was drying and returns them to the bar's counter top. He just looks at the man for a moment or two before saying, Wizard novices doin' crazy shit, git demselfs in trable. Donna whip yur spells round in here, or I toss ya out on yur ass.

He looks over towards the door as another armored figure walks in, one he recognizes, "Oh fook, da stiff shirt done walked in."

<<OOC: If language is offending let me know, but pretty much we are R-rated here. However, we don't want to offend. :) >>
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Kaedyn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:19 am

In through the door, Kaedyn strolls.

He is a handsome young man, taller than average with a strong muscular build. His short brown hair revealed as he pulls off his helm. Looking around the room with his blue eyes, surveying the crowd with confidence. Apparently he was looking for someone and his expression shows some mild annoyance or disappointment having not seen them.

He heads to the bar and gives Grog a big grin as he asks with a deep baritone voice, "Some ale my good man. And not the watered down crap you serve the tourists, mind you." Kaedyn ignores the nasty glare from the bartender as he sets his helm and a silver coin on the counter top.

He props his guisarme to rest against the bar, the bladed end sticking up towards the ceiling, to free his hands completely. The knight is pretty heavily armed yet, a greatsword across his back over his right shoulder, a heavy steel shield slung over his left, a longsword at his belt, and some javelins sticking out of his backpack within easy reach. Those weapons and his scale-mail armor, make it look like he would have trouble sitting down.

As the mug arrives, he raises it in toast to those nearby (Osstan and Horn), "May the Invincible's foes be vanquished, today and every day." Kaedyn tosses back a hearty swallow.
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Osstan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:50 am

"I see. Your information is appreciated."

Losing none of the stiffness of tone or neck with which he initiated this conversation, Osstan takes a few steps away from the bar, folding his arms in front of his chest and spreading his legs, letting his eyes roam without apparent destination now. The half-orcs words to the dark-skinned one however, cause him to refocus, a frown framing his face like a dark thundercloud.

"This one is no flighty elf or skittering kobold, hold your tongue from insulting the human masters of the arcane."

Kaedyn's entrance likely serves to interrupt the exchange of words here and Osstan's frown eases with the big man's presence, though he has eyes only for the man's Guisarme, rather than anything else about him. He nods with apparent approval, blinking as the man addresses a general toast.

"Invincible foes? I'm not sure such can be vanquished, by definition. But it is a nice thought."
Osstan

Postby Raphael777 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:29 am

Horn laughed inside at the half-orc's words. He knew that some places and peoples feared the arcane masters, and he also knew that he was no master. The fear the half-orc had was perfectly acceptable. He remembered back to a time when he first realized his potential. The accidents he caused, the people he hurt, but that is why he searched for adventure now. You can't hurt the monsters of the world only destroy them .

The holy man seemed angered by the words of the orc-kin and this bothered Horn, "Calm yourself friend. He means only to keep his duty, and the peace. You can expect no spell-slinging from me." Horn nods toward Osstan who seemed to be looking behind him now at the figure who just walked in. He puts four copper pieces down in front of him, and turns to look behind him.

The man walked in and spoke as friends to the half-orc gentleman. Horn was glad he was polite to the bartender because his friend seemed to be a warrior and Horn wasn't that deadly yet.

"Aye."
He said aloud as he raised his mug to the sky while his head stayed down.

"So, what brings you guys to the guild?"
Last edited by Raphael777 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Current Alter-Egos

Elial
Horn
Raphael777

Postby GerOge » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:44 am

--- Germain ---

Ah, the common room. Home to intrigue, clearinghouse of all manner of fun that serious-minded folk insist on calling 'work', waypoint for all manner of travelers and would-be housewives in denial (lovely Lena, where are you now?), gambling, and the best tankard of orc piss to be had in these parts. I somehow always end up under this smoky, dingy ceiling, brought back time and again by boredom and the as-yet unbroken promise of entertainment whispered by these walls.

"Deves you old devil, where are you hiding yourself?", I mutter as I approach the dwarf's usual table. Seeing the fine weapon hanging on the wall that typically hangs at Deves' side, I lean in for a closer look.

"What a lovely hammer you are. I wonder..." I run my fingers lightly over the handle and up to the business end of the weapon, attempting to discern if there are hidden qualities beneath the very capable-looking exterior.

spoiler: show
Not sure exactly what check to make here (Appraise or Knowledge Arcana perhaps) but I'll roll and let you decide what check is most appropriate for what probably doesn't matter anyway: natural 12
GerOge and Germain Ogenath in The Guild
GerOge
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:36 am

Osstan wrote:The half-orcs words to the dark-skinned one however, cause him to refocus, a frown framing his face like a dark thundercloud.

"This one is no flighty elf or skittering kobold, hold your tongue from insulting the human masters of the arcane."

Grog looks across his bar and and glares down at the man. Setting the mug down, he puts one meaty fist on the counter top and point at offending patron, "Listen ya fook. Dis be my bar and wizardling or no, ya start shit, I put my boot up yur ass. Last asshole dat flung spells in har, almost got run thru."

Getting a closer look at the half-orc, you realize that his was the healed scars of many a campaign. He is not some young commoner, but rather a retired adventurer most likely.

"Lissun ta da skollar har." As he jerks a big thumb at Horn.

------------------------

Germain cannot tell about any special properties, but the there are dwarven runes on the shaft and head. It is of fine craftsmanship.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Kaedyn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:45 am

Osstan wrote:"Invincible foes? I'm not sure such can be vanquished, by definition. But it is a nice thought."

Kaedyn's voice scoffs, "Not invincible foes, there is no such thing. I said 'the Invincible's foes'. I am a knight of Heironeous. As bold as I am, I would not go messing with ol' Grog here. He can likely take all three of us without pulling out his dire axe from beneath the counter. Rumor has it, the last novice that started something in here was lucky they only broke a table and some mugs before some good adventurers dealt with the problem."
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend

Postby Raphael777 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:52 am

Noticing the scars across the half-orc and hearing the words of the knight standing next to him Horn thinks to himself. Fear of the arcane was the exact reason I left my home. "You can expect no such from me old warrior. You have my word, sir."

Finishing off his ale Horn exhaust a sigh and slaps four more copper pieces. "Another." He looks at Kaedyn and speaks lowly, "Maybe one day you might tell me of this incident, Sir Knight."

<<OOC: I have used 8 copper. Will subtract from sheet.>>
Current Alter-Egos

Elial
Horn
Raphael777

Postby Kaedyn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Kaedyn takes another drink form the mug, and replies, "Well, I was not here at the time. But, the story was, there was a misunderstanding about some rapist wizard's apprentice in here with a weird looking kobold. The situation turned into fisticuffs when a former member of the guard stepped in to aid the warmaiden Sefrenia in her investigation. Unfortunately Raddick is a bit of an ass at times and some thugs decided to start something with him in the confusion. Turned into a three way brawl, I think. And there was something about halfling tossing too, but not sure how that fits."

"You should ask Sefrenia when she returns. She is out helping some druid or another with a problem in the forest. She should be back today if she lives."

"I am called Kaedyn Thorngood, who might you chaps be?"
Kaedyn
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:58 am

Grog, the bartender goes on with his tasks off collecting the coinage and serving mugs of 'ork piss', letting the novice adventures socialize amongst themselves as a buxom barmaid with a pigtail to comes over. She says, "Hello, my name's Trixie and I will be your server today. You boys look like you can use the Adventurer's Special, a hearty meal that is sure to fill your stomach and make you feel strong and able to tackle the toughest of monsters."

DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Next

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]