Groups B & C: Common Room [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Postby Charles Brecht » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:38 am

Charles eyed Sefrenia with a small, coy expression in his eyes. A slight smile on his mouth. He pressed his palms together, then systematically cracked each of his knuckles in turn.

He bowed his head, almost apologetically.

"I'm sorry you had to repeat it. Just... I find the enthusiasm of those in the faith to be... energizing." His words were smooth, practised. But a hint of that coy attitude still seemed to fill his words.

He turned to Deves as the dwarf made his entrance. Listening carefully as he spoke out and explained the guild rules. This was definitely the place, and this was definitely the one he was meant to find.

He nodded in acceptance, as if fate could allow him any other choice. He kept mostly quite, only speaking out in an effort to display his willingness to go with what was offered. "Very well, the terms of the guild are fair."

He looked over the group, to the Ranger, the Redhead and Sefrenia. His eyes rested a little longer on her, his gaze solidly meeting hers. "Perhaps it would be wise to retire until morning then? Unless you have anything else you would explain to us, Master Markham?" His tone was respectful with the dwarf, a practised politeness.
User avatar
Charles Brecht
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:47 am

Postby Sefrenia » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:13 pm

Sefrenia remains seated and keeps Ashleigh company, "Sure why not, some stew will be welcome. I am not due back at the Temple just yet."

Turning to Charles she adds, "Well, there is plenty of daylight yet to take care of preparations for the journey. But if you stick around here, just be wary of the rascal over there. He has selective hearing and occasionally gets into brawls. Oh, and avoid the rot-gut whiskey too. And the wizard over there is also suspect, do not trust him as he is found of putting innocents and allies asleep."

The rascal she pointed out would be Raddick and the wizard is Arthos, if they are still in the common room.

Before Phaeral departs for his business she says, "It should be a glorious quest. We shall aid these villagers and by The Invincible's blade we shall slay the evil doers."
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Postby PMiller » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:49 am

---- Jheval Varden ----

As you enter into the common room of the Guild, you see many adventurous types mingling and conversing. Some are swapping stories, others drinking ale, and even a few engaged in games of chance. You have heard that new comers should speak to a Dwarf named Deves Markham, a retired fighter that is a prominent member of the Guild.
OOC: Deves Markham is listed in the Callenburg: Places and People thread.


The bartender is a grumpy looking half-orc, drying a mug with a cloth as he looks around the common room. He occasionally spits into the mug he is drying to clean off a pesky spot or two.
Image

In the corner you see a likely candidate for Deves. There is a dwarf leaning on a warhammer, drinking some ale, and addressing some adventurous types in a corner booth.
Image

OOC: This is grunt90's entry post and Jheval will take Sefrenia's place in Group C. After discussing with Sefrenia, she will remain behind in the Guild to fill in for future groups if needed. She is busy and was only helping me out earlier.


---- Charles, Phaeral, & Co. ----

Deves drinks some more ale and just shakes his head in response to Charles's question. He has nothing more to say yet, but he hasn't left either.

OOC: I will leave him here for now as Brunhilde isn't back RL yet and Jheval will likely approach.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Jheval Varden

Postby grunt90 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:03 am

Jheval Varden


----------------------------------------


Jheval Varden walked into the tavern and breathed in deep the smell of lingering smoke and pipeweed. He slowly stepped forward eyeing the disgruntled half orc at the bar, and he scanned the room looking for this dwarf, named Deves.

Slowly he looked into the corner and spotted a short fellow speaking to a group of people, who quite likely could be seeking the same thing he is. He walked over and knocked on his own chest as if he was trying to unraddle something stuck in his chest. As soon as he approached, he spoke up when he could.

"Hello, Deves? My names Jheval, and I was told to come to you for information about all this guild business and becoming involved in it. Now, I wish to travel outside these stony exteriors and I hope you are the one who can help me accomplish this."

He nods his head slightly and smiles, slicking back his hair and quickly stroking his goatee as he looks around, nodding to the others before him.
Last edited by grunt90 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
grunt90
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:41 pm

Postby PMiller » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:28 am

The dwarf replies to Jheval, "Aye, I am Deves Markham. I will assume you are here to join the Guild as well and take on some work, yes? Before you answer, let me explain the system. Dues for membership are 25gp for the year. If you don't have that kind of money, we make allowances taking 50% or your treasure until you pay the amount of your annual dues. For this you get a discount on room and board here at the Guild and we can offer you leads or contracts for adventure. Standard ones are usually first come first serve and we don't give them out to more than one group at a time. When you are more capable of handling high risk missions with promises of large amounts of treasure, there can be competition though. We usually settle the exclusive rights by auction, but sometimes it is settled by trial of combat in the arena instead."

The dwarf pauses to let this sink in and drinks some more ale. He continues, "These... well novices really, but we'll call them heroes today, are going to head towards a coastal village about two day's journey from here. A place called Seawell. They can fill you on any details since I am sure they would welcome the company. I have heard the Temple of Heironeous is not letting the young maiden here leave the city." As he indicates Sefrenia, much to her surprise.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Jheval Varden

Postby grunt90 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:00 pm

Jheval Varden


----------------------------------------


Jheval listened to the dwarfs words of employment and he smiled. The idea of working with these people is something he was hoping for and here it is now unraveling into some grand right in front of him.

"I hope these fine people will accept my help, Pelor guides every action I take and he has gifted me with grand powers to help and heal the worthy, and smite down those who aren't."


He looks over to Sefrenia and nods courteously with a smile, aknowledging another religious follower. Even though they followed different dieties, the devotion and time that goes into something like that is respect well earned by anyone. At least, that is how he feels about it.

Jheval looked over to the group of 'heroes' and nodded again.

"The sun god will protect you through me, if it is decided that I accompany you to Seawell. If it is, mind I ask if you fill me in on why exactly we will be traveling to a coastal place such as Seawell?"
Last edited by grunt90 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
User avatar
grunt90
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:41 pm

Postby Sefrenia » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Sefrenia nods in welcome, "Hello Jheval, Pelor's followers are always welcome in the company of Heironeous's maidens. It is good that you are here, since it looks like I will not be released from my duties at the Temple to travel to Seawell."

"As of this moment we don't know much about the quest. You will need to journey two days and ask around about their problems."


OOC: Enjoy your adventure. Perhaps I will have more time later when you return. :)
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Postby grunt90 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:19 pm

Jheval Varden

Jheval nods slowly as a slim strand of his dark hair falls in front of his face. He gives Sefrenia a warm smile as she speaks, listening intently to her words and about their faiths. He clasps his hands together slowly and lowers them in front of them and then speaks.

<b> "I surely hope we can travel together one day. Thank you for your blessings and I'm sure if they called you back it is for an important reason. Good luck with your endeavors, and may Pelor watch over you and your companions." </b>

Thanks, I hope you and i are both still here on the second round of adventures =]
User avatar
grunt90
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:41 pm

Postby Chipszambia » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:29 am

Phaeral
Image

Another pair of hands makes for lighter work, even if the head leading these hands is full of religious sermons. I do like the attitude of this guild though: they seem to have a very liberal attitude towards who they accept, it's as if they give a chance to prove themselves to anyone who is willing to try. Well, that and the simple matter of more people meaning more guild dues.

Phaeral pumps his clenched fist against his chest in greeting as the newcomer finishes his conversation with Deves. Interjecting himself into the ongoing conversation between Sefrenia and Jheval Phaeral says: "As I understand it Seawell is a small coastal village that has put the call out for aid. We do not have a contact as such at Seawell but we are advised to ask at the tavern about the problems besetting the village. Personally, I am heading out to the shops soon to pick up some supplies and make ready for the two day journey. If you are coming along I would recommend you do the same because we wish to leave in the morning. I shall see you all in the morning"

Phaeral leaves the tavern to go about his shopping.
Last edited by Chipszambia on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chipszambia
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom.

Postby PMiller » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:05 am

Deves offers one piece of advice before leaving to do other things, "If you are spending the night under the stars, maybe you all need a tent and some other camping gear. There not be any inns between here and Seawell."

I have started the next thread for Group C when you are ready. Just state any purchases here OOC if you are done IC posting.
Group C: Enr Seawell
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Chipszambia » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:18 am

OOC: As previously mentioned 20 arrows and 2 days of travel rations purchased. In addition a 1 person tent purchased for 1 gold.
Chipszambia
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom.

Postby Sefrenia » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:23 am

Sefrenia hands a small leather pouch to Brunhilde, "Here are some funds that I was using for the group. Since I am not going, you should at least have something to show from the arena contest."

"Farewell my friends, and I will see you when you return."


OOC: 50gp given to Brunhilde
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

.

Postby grunt90 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:31 am

ooc: i want to buy one more days worth of rations. ( since i dont have enough for a one person tent :p )
User avatar
grunt90
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:41 pm

Postby Fenris » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:16 pm

Sefrenia wrote:Sefrenia remains seated and keeps Ashleigh company, "Sure why not, some stew will be welcome. I am not due back at the Temple just yet."


Ashleigh ate the rest of her meal mostly in companionable silence, and finally appeared to be satiated after the second bowl of stew and bread were done. She looked a bit surprised to learn that Sefrenia could not accompany the group.

Sefrenia wrote:"Farewell my friends, and I will see you when you return."


Ashleigh replied, "And unto you as well. Hopefully next time you can join us."

Well, that leaves just Brunhilde from the original group, and all the rest strangers. Of course even those 'regulars' I just met the other day. So, this must be the life of an adventurer... No wonder Raddick acts the way he does. I suppose I will make due, but it would be nice to have a few more friendly faces around.

She announced the rest, "Well, it is time for bed for me. Today was rough and I need my rest. O am sorry I am not more companionable, but tomorrow will be a new day." And with that she excused herself to go prepare for the upcoming journey.

Image
-- If violence isn't solving your problems, you are probably not using enough of it.

Adventurer's Guild: Ashleigh Carlisle
Fenris
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Postby grunt90 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:23 pm

ooc: would i be able to borrow a single person tent and pay it off with treasure/loot i get later? I don't have enough gold for a tent and i rather not get stuck in the rain without one >.<
User avatar
grunt90
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron