Groups B & C: Common Room [IC/OOC]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Postby Sefrenia » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Sefrenia stops a passing barmaid to order some of the stew and indicates that her and Ashleigh will be eating it at Deves's booth.

As they approach the table she greets the man already seated, "Hello, I am Sefrenia, warrior maiden of Heironeous. This is Ashleigh my friend and companion in recent victory and we are slayers of evil creatures. Since you are sitting at Master Deves's table, one can assume that you are looking for a career in adventuring as well. Might we join you?"

Sefrenia hangs her weapons belt and shield on one of the hooks on the wall, before sliding into the booth leaving room for Ashleigh to sit beside her.
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Postby PMiller » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:32 pm

The barmaid calls out to the kitchen for two more orders of 'rat stew'. She delivers them and the ale shortly afterward and collects the money. (1sp) The stew is very hearty and tastes good, despite the name. The rat meat tastes and a little like beef or mutton.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Chipszambia » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:08 am

Phaeral
Image

What good luck! To have found a group of people who know not only their way around this place but the people of this place. Sometimes such luck just falls into place, and... people aren't starting at me anymore.

Phaeral slides into the area of the booth, not taking a seat, but standing and looking down at the table. Waiting and waiting and waiting.
Chipszambia
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom.

Postby Fenris » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:18 pm

Raddick wrote:Raddick replies to Ashleigh, "Well tomorrow then." He gives her a pat on the rump and bids everyone farewell, "I will leave you now since you are heading over to meet with Deves. Happy adventuring and I hope to drink with you again soon. Enjoy the ale." He pays for the pitcher of ale and heads off to pester and joke around with some other patrons.


Apparently that *is* what he thinks. I may be ready for a new life, but that sounds entirely too risky and sudden. I will have to discuss this with him over breakfast tomorrow. I probably should not embarrass him now in front of others. Not that that stopped him... Although, he did pay for some ale. Another new experience. An exhasperating man apparently..

Ashleigh started as he gave her bum a pat. She looked as if she would say something, but did not as Raddick had already made his way elsewhere.

OOC: Ashleigh will indeed have afriendly breakfast with Raddick, although no more than that Mr. Fast Hands. :P


-----

Sefrenia wrote:As they approach the table she greets the man already seated, "Hello, I am Sefrenia, warrior maiden of Heironeous. This is Ashleigh my friend and companion in recent victory and we are slayers of evil creatures. Since you are sitting at Master Deves's table, one can assume that you are looking for a career in adventuring as well. Might we join you?"


So yet a new stranger to meet. I wonder if it will go like the last time? Hi, pleased to meet you. And I you. Shall we go kill things and loot their corpses? Oh! An excellent idea lets be on it at once. Clearly, the life of an adventurer is one of chaos. But, even I must admit, it is a lucrative chaos beyond my dreams.

Ashleigh nodded to the stranger and waited to take a seat. Apparently content to think of food before conversation. She hungrily dug into he stew as if she had nothing in he stomach, which was true of course.

Image
-- If violence isn't solving your problems, you are probably not using enough of it.

Adventurer's Guild: Ashleigh Carlisle
Fenris
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Postby PMiller » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:57 pm

OOC: Guys, I would bring Deves soon, but I am heading into a family vacation with limited or non-existent Internet availability. Grufflehead emailed me and will be out for about a week as well, so assume Brunhilde is following along and will be uncharacteristically quiet. Sefrenia also has limited availability this weekend too.

So I think it best that the others conduct some player interaction for the next 4-5 days RL and I will introduce Deves once I am back.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Charles Brecht » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:19 pm

Charles stood as the others entered the booth. He offered a warm smile to Sefrenia as she greeted him. Nodding politely to each individual in the party in turn. He looks back at Sefrenia, the smile held.

"Greetings, Sefrenia," He tipped his head in greeting once more, before returning to his seat and relaxing again. Once seated, he waves his hand over the empty chairs. "Please sit, all of you,"

"I am Charles Brecht, the fourth in my family line."

His eyes widened with interest as she mentioned this was Deves table. An eyebrow half-rasied as he replied. "Master Deves table? Yes... Your right. I do have business with him."

Sorry for the delay. I was afk last night. Couldn't get to my computer at all.
User avatar
Charles Brecht
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:47 am

Postby Sefrenia » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:06 am

OOC: Don't everyone else speak at once. ;)


Sefrenia greets Charles in return, "We are adventurers too and expect Deves to show up soon with another assignment shortly. Most likely evil creatures need slaying. The feisty halfling here is Brunhilde and not afraid to speak her mind nor wield her axe with great skill. Ashleigh is a zapper and showed great courage in her first battle. The quiet man here, that claims he has nothing to hide is Phaeral. Not sure what he does. You appear to be dressed, well... not quite sure your clothes are the best for trudging around killing goblins. Was it that you can do?"
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Postby Chipszambia » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Phaeral
Image

Phaeral made no move towards having a seat and gave a simple greeting that consisted of pumping his fist against his chest.

After a brief nod, Phaeral spoke a few words: "I am Phaeral. I am Phaeral, indeed." A brief grin spread across his face as he continued: "A simple man with a simple name and nothing interesting enough to hide."

Phaeral's body noticeably relaxed and untensed as he felt his conversation turning lighter in tone. "So, everyone knows this Deves Markham? What's he like? A good man? That hammer on the wall says he knows, and means, his business. And by his business I mean this business: Adventuring." He says to anyone who would listen.

Pretty much musing to himself now. "Adventuring? Adventure is toil, tales and treasure. Are we all truly interested in such things?"
Chipszambia
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom.

Postby Charles Brecht » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:32 am

Charles eyes the three who have joined him carefully, the edge of his lips curl slightly as Sefrenia comments on his clothing.

"Yes... I suppose I am a tad over-dressed. But... Such clothing comforts me, and it is a good thing to prepared in the event and any occasion." He smiles fully now, "Like meeting new people."

His smile drops as Phaeral points toward the warhammer.

"Quite. A warrior of some sort I venture. Quite like you, Sefrenia? Warrior? Cleric perhaps?" He muses. "Oh which diety?"

"I, am a sorceror by trade and practise. And like you, I have business with Deves."
User avatar
Charles Brecht
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:47 am

Postby PMiller » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:50 am

OOC: Well, so much for witty role-playing while I was away. ;)

A mature dwarf comes out from his office and approaches the table. Only Sefrenia, Ashleigh and Brunhilde recognize as being Deves, but Charles and Phaeral can logically assume it is him.

Image
He approaches the table and nods a greeting to the three women and says gruffly, "I see you are looking for more work after that battle in the arena today. Thanks for taking care of those raiders. That bugbear and his runts were a problem out there in the outlying farmsteads. And I received your dues, so you are all good to go."

He says to Charles and Phaeral, "I am Deves Markham for those that haven't met me. And if you want to be on my good side, you best be respectful. I have cleaned more skillful shit off my boots than the novices that have been giving my lip today. Now somebody pour me an ale."

Deves places his large warhammer head down on the floor to stand vertical while he rests one hand comfortably on the butt end at about eye level (for the dwarf) leaving his drinking hand free. The warhammer is of very fine craftsmanship and you can see clearly runes etched into the handle and head.

He picks up his mug and after a long drought, the Dwarf's demeanor improves. "Aahh... Now, I will assume you two men are here to join the Guild as well and take on some work, yes? Before you answer, let me explain the system. Dues for membership are 25gp for the year. Now fresh fodder like yourselves don't often have that kind of money, so we make allowances taking 50% or your treasure until you pay the amount of your annual dues. For this you get a discount on room and board here at the guild and we can offer you leads or contracts for adventure. Standard ones are usually first come first serve and we don't give them out to more than one group at a time. When you are more capable of handling high risk missions with promises of large amounts of treasure, there can be competition though. We usually settle the exclusive rights by auction, but sometimes it is settled by trial of combat in the arena instead."

The dwarf pauses to let this sink in and drinks some more ale. He continues, "What I have for you today is a request for help from a coastal village about two day's journey from here, following the road out the West and heading South after the road forks. A place called Seawell. They requested aid from some adventurers and promised a reward. The request did not include any more specifics, but I think you guys can handle it. I suggest you rest up, get some provisions for the journey, and head out in the morning. Any questions?"
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Chipszambia » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:39 am

Phaeral
Image

Disturbed from his own ponderings by the entrance of the long awaited guild contact. Phaeral shakes himself to attention and looks at the mature dwarf who enters the booth. His gaze lingers admiringly at the hammer as he drifts into further thought.

This all seems simple enough. A bond of word that is bound to lead to wealth and knowledge. The straight to the point talk of this Deves is refreshing, for I am in no mood for anymore trails today. I must ask questions though.

Phaeral shakes his head again and looks to Deves. ""I like the sound of this my good guild folks and will happily sign up for this task. But there is a question on my mind. If the request did not include any specifics and simply asked for help from adventurous types, then what makes you feel confident that we can handle this task, knowing so little about it? I suppose what I'm trying to ask is: Has the guild had dealings with Seawell in the past? And, if so, do you have any advice regarding this place?"

OOC: Phaeral buys 20 arrows and 2 days worth of travel rations for a total of 2 gold. Phaeral is ready to travel.
Chipszambia
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom.

Postby PMiller » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Deves takes another swallow of his ale draining the mug and holds out his mug for a refill.

He relies, "Well, Seawell is a small coastal village with a decent militia if I recall. Their request didn't specify heroes or even journeymen, so novices like you are probably all they need. But you get yourself killed then, I suppose I can send some more experienced fools later. I suggest you ask around at the tavern once you get there. They will probably tell you what's what."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Sefrenia » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:28 pm

Charles Brecht wrote:"Quite like you, Sefrenia? Warrior? Cleric perhaps?" He muses. "Oh which diety?"

Sefrenia looks askance at the sorcerer and wonders if he was forgetful or just missed what she said earlier, I have suffered one arrogant arcane fool today and I am lacking patience on a second one. She replies cautiously, unsure if she is being made fun or or not, "I am a cleric of Heironeous, that's what I mentioned before. But I supposed you could have thought I meant a I was a paladin."

After Deves answers the scout's questions, Sefrenia comments, "I will be ready in the morning. I will take my leave of the Temple and pickup my new armor that I ordered today. I shall meet you here in the morn after breaking fast."
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Postby Fenris » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:04 pm

Ashleigh stopped eating just long enough to listen to the conversation between Sefrenia, Phaeral and Deves.

Deves wrote:The dwarf pauses to let this sink in and drinks some more ale. He continues, "What I have for you today is a request for help from a coastal village about two day's journey from here, following the road out the West and heading South after the road forks. A place called Seawell. They requested aid from some adventurers and promised a reward. The request did not include any more specifics, but I think you guys can handle it. I suggest you rest up, get some provisions for the journey, and head out in the morning. Any questions?"


Yep pretty much just like last time. Ok, we have to go to this Seawell first. Which hopefully means I get to see a sea. *mental chuckle* Ok, Ashleigh, good thing we kept that to ourselves, because you appear raw enough as it is...

Hmmm. And,I better go see about my new armor before we go too.

Tomorrow I/we are going to do something, somewhere, for a maybe reward? Well, I can't say my new life is as boring as pottery was, that is for sure.


Ashleigh nodded at Deves offer and said, "Sure. Why not. I am in." Then she finished her stew off, and ordered some bread as well as a second helping of stew.

Sefrenia wrote:After Deves answers the scout's questions, Sefrenia comments, "I will be ready in the morning. I will take my leave of the Temple and pickup my new armor that I ordered today. I shall meet you here in the morn after breaking fast."


To which she replied, "Sure. I need to pick up my new armor *giggles a bit* as well. My how strange my life has become. Um, do you want somemore stew or bread before you go? I can order some?"

OOC: Ashleigh will pick up her hopefully resized armor in the morning, after breakfast. For 'rations' she will buy two loaves of bread and a nice sized wheel of cheese -- Not being conversant with traveling rations. Lol. Other than saying good night, she ready to go.


Image
-- If violence isn't solving your problems, you are probably not using enough of it.

Adventurer's Guild: Ashleigh Carlisle
Fenris
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Postby Chipszambia » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:09 am

Phaeral
Image

I suppose I should be offended that I have just been referred to as a novice but I suppose I am a novice at many things. Besides, that is an impressive hammer and I bet isn't just for show. I can keep quiet, for my own good.

"Thank you for the information." Phaeral says to Deves. "I look forward to proving myself more skillful than the shit on your boots."

Phaeral turns to the people gathered around him and says:"I also have some shopping business around Callenburg; small items that should not take much time and I should be more than ready come the morning." After a few moments of consideration he continues. "I look forward to getting out there with you folks. It will be good to see the wilderness again and get some dirt on my face. Sometimes these cities and towns can feel so shut in, it's like there is no room for yourself anywhere. Anyway, what do we all think about this request for help?" He asks of whoever would reply.
Chipszambia
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:47 pm
Location: United Kingdom.

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron