Arena #1 [IC/OOC Thread]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Postby Blick » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:14 pm

Blick concentrates his attention on the big fella, subconsciously weaving away from the goblin to his rear.

Waving his sword and shield threateningly, he tries to draw the large ones attention to him and then thrusts his sword forward.

"Blick!!!"

Try to intimidate him into attacking me as a move action.
Intimidate (1d20 2=17 )
Attack big one in J6
Attack with shortsword (1d20+2+2=6, 1d4=4)
OOC: Marvelous...


DM Edit: You need to look up Intimidate Skill, it is a Standard action to use in Combat and comes with a -4 penalty for size difference too. Attack missed.

Also Sefrenia shifted positions and Blick lost the Flanking since he did not shift as well.
User avatar
Blick
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Postby Fenris » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:53 pm

That was close. And, thanks to Mr. Rudepants, that is all it was. And huh? Wha? They are tossing Raddick into the ring? And... Ouch. Well better cover his entry.

Ashleigh turned to face one of the remaining brutes (B5) and launched yet another arcane blast from her hands.

Apparently, I do not seem to have a limit on these. Now if only I could hit something again.


to hit: 15+3 =18 for 4 damage


Image

DM Edit: Missed. Both targets (not sure which on you meant for sure, probably G#5) have cover and are engaged in melee. That gives them +4 AC and she has -4 penalty. Just missed.
-- If violence isn't solving your problems, you are probably not using enough of it.

Adventurer's Guild: Ashleigh Carlisle
Fenris
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Postby DM-Eternal » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:18 am

"I wish you'd stop doing that" says Brunhilde, grinning at the larger creature which has been attempting to batter her brain in. "I'm not so bad once you get to know me. Besides, I kinda need my head, so seeing as you don't look like the type who responds to reason, we'll just have to stop you some other way!"

The halfling drops to her knees and spins a full revolution before leaping in the air, and slashing her axe downwards at her opponent.

Attack B1 - 1d20+6=16
Damage (if that hits) - 1d6+4=5


DM Edit: Nope, it missed.
DM-Eternal's Tempus Fugit
User avatar
DM-Eternal
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: UK

Postby PMiller » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:34 am

OOC: Arthos, it is your turn, but I don't think you have any combat spells left. Since you cast Magic Missile illegally (memorized Cause Fear instead), I am judging your remaining 0-level spell is not a combat spell (ruling you memorized Detect Magic). You were supposed to list which spells are memorized for 0-level too, but I should have checked closely.

Since Arthos is wounded and you are AFK, I think Arthos is going to go Total Defense so I can move to the next round.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Raddick » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:35 am

Raddick groans, "Uunggh, asshole!" He rolls to his feet and loosens his shield while he remarks, "Lucky I brought the damn thing. Well, I guess I am in this now!"

Free Action: Speech
Move Action: Stand Up
Move Action: Loosen Shield
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
User avatar
Raddick
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:23 am
Location: Realms around Callenburg

Postby PMiller » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:46 am

OOC: Everyone's results are in DM Edits in your previous posts.


The goblin tries to take advantage of the newly arrived fighter, but missed badly.

The big creature still is trying to catch the little barbarian, but missed again putting a good dent in the arena's dirt floor.

The rest of the crowd jeers, "Haha, you you can play like everyone else!"

Brunhilde: 9/13HP remaining; 2 rounds left of Rage
Blick: 11/11HP remaining
Arthos: 2/4HP remaining; +4AC with Total Defense
Sefrenia: 7/10HP remaining
Ashleigh: 8/8HP remaining
Raddick: 9/12HP remaining

G=Goblins & B=Big
B#1: -3HP
G#5: -3HP


*** Combat: Round 6 Continues ***
Image
Initiative:
21 - Ashleigh
20.5 - Raddick
20 - Monsters: Goblins & B
04 - Sefrenia
3.5 - Brunhilde
03 - Blick
02 - Arthos

Terrain Notes: The barrels will provide +4AC cover. Treat as a 5x5foot wall section to determine if it applies. If the barrel completely blocks all Line of Sight to a square containing a small creature adjacent to the barrel, the target can have Total Cover.

{Everyone's up again round 6, Ashleigh is for Round 7.}
Last edited by PMiller on Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Sefrenia » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:53 am

Sefrenia tries again to slice the bigger creature open, taking advantage of his over-extended reach after missing the halfling. She comments, "Welcome to the fray, Raddick! May Heironeous guide your strikes!".

Free Action: Speech
Move Action: None
Standard Action: Melee Attack on B#1 @ J-6 Melee Attack (1d20+3=17, 1d8+2=7)


DM Edit: Hit; B#1 @-10HP and still standing
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Postby Blick » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:52 am

Frustrated that the ugly big thing refuses to take him seriously, Blick pivots to a flank position and tries to skewer the thing again.

Feeling the sword pierce the foul flesh once more, Blick snarls in satisfaction.



DM Edit: Hit; But it depends on Brunhilde's results. If B#1 is killed by her, this will automatically be transferred to G#5.
User avatar
Blick
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Postby Arthos » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:17 am

OOC: Hey everyone, coming back from my trip now. Just wanna get in a word right fast. As for the Magic Missile, that is one of the spells for the Spell Mastery feat. I understood that to mean that you do not have to have it prepared to cast it (the other spell being mage armor), and can then swap a spell of the same lvl for it. if i understood it wrong, i am sorry and it wasnt my intention to try to get around it. the rest of your ruling I understand it and post accordingly when I get home.
The Adventurer's Guild-Arthos Myrddin
User avatar
Arthos
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Postby PMiller » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:50 am

OOC: Understood, just a mistake then. That happens. ;)

You should read up on Spell mastery Feat, it only means you can prepare your spells without the use of Spell Book. It doesn't provide flexible casting like a Sorcerer. You can change that feat if you want after this encounter. Personally I think it is a wasted pick, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, you need to fix the 0-level spells issue and list what is memorized for the future too.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby DM-Eternal » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:49 am

Sorry, got myself out of sequence with the initiatives. A quick post to see if we can draw this to a conclusion...


The big goblinoid was proving to be a tougher foe than Brunhilde had expected. With a frown and a slight wrinkle of her nose, the halfling changed the focus of her attack, hoping the distraction of Sefrenia and Blick's attacks would leave its guard down against her...

Attack - 1d20+6=24
Damage - 1d6+4=8

Ha, take that!
DM-Eternal's Tempus Fugit
User avatar
DM-Eternal
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: UK

Postby PMiller » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:13 am

In the whirling confusion of battle Sefrenia's sword slices deep in the big creature's side and he yelps in pain turning to bash her head in. This leaves an opening for the halfling barbarian. Brunhilde sinks her axe into the creature's groin, severing an artery and spraying blood on her as the creature falls to the ground, unconscious and dying.

Blick, about to flank the dying creature, instead turns to the last opponent still fighting and stabs the goblin in the chest. The goblin crumples to the ground, blood beginning to pool from his wounds as he also loses consciousness.

{Combat ends: 400 XP each, I will adjust the Character Roster Thread}

The crowd cheers, "Huzzah, huzzah!" "Good show!" "Aaww, no one got killed but the bad guys."

The dying monsters bleed out, leaving the victors to breathe heavily from the exertion of battle as they feel the energy of the small but appreciative crowd.

Deves calls down, "Well done! Collect your spoils and I will meet you back at the Guild's Common Room later." The dwarf's head disappears from the top of the wall. Someone opens the door to arena to let you out when you are ready.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Blick » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:14 am

Blick raises his bloody sword in victory and turns to face his comrades.

Grinning just about as wide as a kobold can, he approaches each of them and claps them on the shoulder.

Noticing some of the injuries, he tilts his head and offers his shoulder to the Arton to help him from the arena.

Looking back at the others he smiles and motions for them to follow to their just rewards.

"Blick"
User avatar
Blick
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Postby Arthos » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:07 pm

With the battle won and the creatures defeated, Arthos cracks a big smile of excitement. Being stuck in a tower reading and learning magic constantly, he never did get that many chances to apply the spells...let alone use them in a life or death battle. Feeling exhilerated, Arthos raises his hand in victory but the pain from his gash makes him lower them quickly. He looks down at the gash, realizing how severe it really is.

Mental note-make sure that I prepare a spell to protect me from harm. If he were to struck another blow, I would have be done for.

Arthos looks up to see Blick offer his shoulder, which Arthos accepts. He holds on to his stomach as he walks with Blick to see what they won.

OOC: I going to keep the feat, only because it fits for Arthos storywise. He is a guy that his main goal is to learn both the arcane and divine. In his free time, he studies in his spell book. I would think he eventually learn a few spells that he do not a spell book for. Also, I gonna just list the 0-lvl spells I memorize in another line or in the notes area. Seeing that a wizards spellbook has all the 0-lvl spells, I don't want to list them all.
The Adventurer's Guild-Arthos Myrddin
User avatar
Arthos
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Postby DM-Eternal » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:47 pm

As the final goblins fall and breathes their last, Brunhilde feels a moment of sadness. She realises that these creatures were probably captured while raiding a settlement somewhere and this was just an alternative to being put to death straight away. Still, she feels a little revulsion at killing for the amusement of a baying crowd. And at the wide smiles and exultations of some of the others who appear to be glorying in the slaughter. 'Fighting should be done for freedom or to oppose evil, not for sport', she thinks, realising what she has just participated in.

She allows her comrades their celebrations, then, having made no wagers on the bout, she tucks her axe away and heads for the arena exit.
DM-Eternal's Tempus Fugit
User avatar
DM-Eternal
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron