Arena #1 [IC/OOC Thread]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Postby Raddick » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:57 am

Raddick jibes Arthos, "Bad luck wizardling, You better take his ass out next time!"

As he pounds his fist on the wooden wall, Raddick cheers,"Woo hoo! Way to bob and weave, Sefrenia. Come on you runts! Chop those little shits up!"
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
User avatar
Raddick
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:23 am
Location: Realms around Callenburg

Postby Blick » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:20 am

Blicks grins as the creatures close with him. Feeling the halfling on his left side, he concentrates on the other.

Pulling his sword back, the paladin thrusts it forward at the creature's gut, hoping to impale it.

Feeling it slide easily into the creature's stomach, Blick pulls it free, glares at the creature in challenge and step back to keep aligned with the halfling.


Short sword attack to creature at K4.
Attack and damage with short sword (1d20+2=20, 1d4=4 )

5ft step to I5


DM Edit: Wounds S#4 but doesn't kill. Waiting a little to see if Blick wants to use 5ft step to back up.
Last edited by Blick on Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Blick
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Postby Arthos » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:15 pm

Arthos takes another step back, holding his stomach from the nasty slash the creature applied. Concern was shown on his face as he takes a look at the cut. That slash was not good. I can not take another one of those or else I'm finished. He points at the creature, a blast of cold air shoots from the fingertips, heading the creature's way.

Free: Move to E-5
Standard: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2656344]Cast Ray of Frost at F-7; ranged touch 20, damage 1
[/url]


DM Edit: Kills S#3.
The Adventurer's Guild-Arthos Myrddin
User avatar
Arthos
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Postby Fenris » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:39 pm

Oookay, Arthos is getting his butt kicked, and the front group is getting swarmed. Umm... Umm... Frell! Do Something besides wool gathering Ashleigh. Save Mr. Rudepants!

Ashleigh spun briefly sideways and pointed a finger at the wee boggit atacking Arthos and released yet another blast. But she slipped as she did so and it went wide of the mark. (presumptious but likely)

to hit: 6+3 =9 for 1 damage


Image

DM Edit: Misses of course
-- If violence isn't solving your problems, you are probably not using enough of it.

Adventurer's Guild: Ashleigh Carlisle
Fenris
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Postby DM-Eternal » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Back on her feet, Brunhilde takes only an instant to size up the flow of the combat. Apparently whatever it was that rendered her insensible, appears to have caused certain of her erstwhile comrades to become hard of thinking, as despite the involved discussions about 'tactics' in the tavern the previous evening, to her eye it appears as if all hell has broken loose and nobody has much of a clue what they are doing.

With a sigh, she contemplates going to help the young wizard who is being menaced by an opponent. However, she decides that seeing as she has one of them standing within swinging reach she'll try and deal with it first.

Standard action - attack opponent in K5
To hit - 1d20+4=23
Damage - 1d6+2=3
5' step to I6


DM Edit: Wounds but doesn't kill
DM-Eternal's Tempus Fugit
User avatar
DM-Eternal
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: UK

Postby Sefrenia » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:58 pm

Sefrenia ignores Raddick's jeers, concentrating on the task at hand and calls out, "I suggest we fall back some to keep them from flanking around to our rear." Sefrenia draws her longsword and tries to chop down on the little creature to her left. Failing to connect, she steps back.
Free Action: Speech & 5-ft step to J-8
Move Action: Draw Longsword
Standard Action: Melee Attack (1d20+3=10, 1d8+2=10); missed S#6@L-8
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Postby Raddick » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:52 pm

Raddick yells down to Arthos, "Ha! I knew you were the pupil of that fucking ice wizard!"

"Sefrenia, you have to hit the goblins if you want to win, girl!"

The fighter is getting excited and kicking his boots against the wood of the wall to cheer the combatants on, while his hands are cupped around his mouth to yell better. Then Raddick takes one of his javelins and throws it down, impaling the sleeping goblin.
Scout in the Adventurer's Guild: Raddick Thom
User avatar
Raddick
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:23 am
Location: Realms around Callenburg

Postby PMiller » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:25 pm

OOC: Everyone's results, except Arthos's are in DM Edits in your previous posts.


Raddick's javelin throw attracts some attention, "Hey you can't do that!" "Stuff it pipsqueak, the goblin was dead already." Apparently the crowd is developing a heated conversation regarding the matter.

The goblins and the big guy advance after the heroes, each taking a different opponent. One [G#4] swings around Blick's reach and misses Ashleigh. Blick is also missed by his goblin [G#5]. The one [G#6] near Sefrenia slips his sword under her sheild for a moderate wound to her leg. [3 damage]

The big creature thinks nothing of the wounded girl and comes around the barrel and tries to brain the halfling wench. His morningstar is barely blocked by the barbarian's shield.

The crowd cheers, "Hit them again! Ouch! Don't take that from him darling! Gut him open!"

Brunhilde: 9/13HP remaining
Blick: 11/11HP remaining
Arthos: 2/4HP remaining
Sefrenia: 3 damage; 7/10HP remaining
Ashleigh: 8/8HP remaining

G=Goblins & B=Big
G#4: -4HP
G#5: -3HP


*** Combat: Round 4 Continues ***
Image
Initiative:
21 - Ashleigh
20.5 - Raddick
20 - Monsters: S & B
04 - Sefrenia
3.5 - Brunhilde
03 - Blick
02 - Arthos

Terrain Notes: The barrels will provide +4AC cover. Treat as a 5x5foot wall section to determine if it applies. If the barrel completely blocks all Line of Sight to a square containing a small creature adjacent to the barrel, the target can have Total Cover.

{Everyone's up again round 4, Ashleigh is for Round 5.
You guys might want to wait just a bit in order since positioning is a little important.}
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12564
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Sefrenia » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Sefrenia winces with the pain of her cut and blocks the next strike with her shield, deflecting the blow aside. With the goblin's sword reach over extended she cries, "By Heironeous's sword!" and slices down into the opening in the creatures defenses, cutting him deep in his shoulder. She takes a step forward to setup the kobold paladin for a flanking attack on the big creature.

Free Action: Speech & 5-ft step to K-7
Move Action: None
Standard Action: Melee Attack on G#6 @ K-8 1d20+3=21, 1d8+2=6


DM Edit: This KIAs G#6
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Postby DM-Eternal » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:34 am

Breathing a quick sigh of relief as the whistling head of the morningstar clips the top of her shield instead of her face, Brunhilde ducks low, feints, spins, then slashes upwards with her axe. Even though her blow fails to connect, she then uses the momentum to sway away from any possible riposte, and continues to duck and weave in order to present as difficult a target as possible for her new, larger, foe.

Free Action - Whirling Frenzy Rage
+4 to STR, +2 dodge bonus to AC (now 23)

Standard action - attack J6 1d20+6=11 (miss)

Rage rounds remaining - 3
DM-Eternal's Tempus Fugit
User avatar
DM-Eternal
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: UK

Postby Blick » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:49 am

Taking in the developing situation, Blick sees Sephrenia move to a flanking position on the big goblin, giving Blick a tactical advantage. Ignoring the little goblin as a current threat he pivots to the bigger goblin.

Raising his sword arm high, the little Paladin shouts his name in a powerful voice that seems to reverberate with power. Blue fire ignites from his eyes, causing his sword to erupt in blue flame.

Blick thrusts his sword at the big goblin with a righteous snarl.

Sword attack using Smite Evil (+2 att, +1 dam) with flanking bonus (1d20+2+2+2=23, 1d4+1=3 )

OOC: Sorry about the damage guys, this was my first foray into 3.5 and I was used to small characters having to use small weapons and didn't understand the new weapon sizing method until after finishing him up. I will fix it with better weapons and such after this battle.


DM Edit: Light wound, B#1 @ -3HP. BTW most likely it will be 20 hours before another DM update.
User avatar
Blick
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Postby Fenris » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:48 am

Gah! Look at that ugly thing swinging a weapon at me. If that whatzit ever connnects, Daddy's little girl is going to be hurting at a minimum. Well, you can't expect to just dish it out Ashleigh can you?

Ashleigh dodged the blow as she was able, moved 5' north, and tried to zap her assailent with yet another charge of her magiical attack.

to hit: 9+3 =12 for 6 damage


Image

DM Edit: This will miss due to Cover and/or attacking ranged into melee. But she still has a Move Action available since G#4 got killed by Arthos.
-- If violence isn't solving your problems, you are probably not using enough of it.

Adventurer's Guild: Ashleigh Carlisle
Fenris
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Postby Arthos » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:17 am

As the creature falls to the two rays, Arthos lets out a sigh of relief.....until Raddick made his comment. Just lovely. More problems for me. Now what to do, what to do. He scans the battle area, realizing the tide is changing in their favor. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees Ashleigh in a little bit of trouble. And now to repay her for her assistance. Arthos goes back to ducking behind the barrel and chants an incantation he seems to know by heart. As he finished, a magical bolt shoots from his hand and arches toward the creature attacking Ashleigh.

Move: move to F-7
Standard: Cast Magic Missile on H-3, damage 2
Also, I'm gonna go on a drunken camping trip all weekend. I will try to get on if I can.


DM Edit: Magic Missile KIAs Goblin #4
The Adventurer's Guild-Arthos Myrddin
User avatar
Arthos
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Postby PMiller » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:25 am

OOC: Everyone's results are in DM Edits in your previous posts. Ashleigh can have her position adjusted if she wants since she didn't need to take the 5ft step. Just add the correction into your next post.


The last goblin shifts around towards Ashleigh but misses a sword thrust at Blick. The big one with a bear-like nose tries to brain the Brunhilde again, but the whirling defense of the barbarian saves her butt as she takes the blow on her shield again.

Raddick's cheers are cut off as two other spectators pick him up and throw him into the arena. "What the fuck? Put me down!" "You want to participate, get your ass inside the arena." Raddick comes tumbling into the arena crashing into the ground and is knocked prone. [3 damage]

The rest of the crowd cheers, "Good show. Now gang up on them!"

Brunhilde: 9/13HP remaining
Blick: 11/11HP remaining
Arthos: 2/4HP remaining
Sefrenia: 7/10HP remaining
Ashleigh: 8/8HP remaining
Raddick: 9/12HP remaining

G=Goblins & B=Big
B#1: -3HP
G#5: -3HP


*** Combat: Round 5 Continues ***
Image
Initiative:
21 - Ashleigh
20.5 - Raddick
20 - Monsters: Goblins & B
04 - Sefrenia
3.5 - Brunhilde
03 - Blick
02 - Arthos

Terrain Notes: The barrels will provide +4AC cover. Treat as a 5x5foot wall section to determine if it applies. If the barrel completely blocks all Line of Sight to a square containing a small creature adjacent to the barrel, the target can have Total Cover.

{Everyone's up again round 5, Ashleigh is for Round 6.}
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12564
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Sefrenia » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:32 am

Sefrenia shifts her position to take away the barrel's cover for the big one's defenses. Her swings fails to connect, "Divine fate must have saved you this time fiend!".

Free Action: Speech & 5-ft step to J-7
Move Action: None
Standard Action: Melee Attack on B#1 @ J-6 Melee Attack (1d20+3=7, 1d8+2=7); Missed


DM Edit: Yep
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest