Game #4 Common Room [IC/OOC Thread]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Postby Arthos » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:29 am

As Blick was answering her question with his actions, Arthos looks over with an analysing look. Hmmm, why does Blick only say 'Blick'? For that matter, is 'Blick' even his name? Judging by his actions and his holy symbol of Bahamut , it may be a vow he promised to Bahamut. But it's only a thoery. I ask him at another....what's this?

Arthos looks at the word carved into the table as Blick left. He takes a moment to ponder on the information "It seems that Blick did not like the praise the elf gave him." Arthos takes another drink from his waterskin as he watches Blick talks to the figure that was at the table. "The Common tongue, is for lack of a better term, common throughout the land," he says to Sefrenia in a tone a teacher speaks to a student. He continues to look at Blick communicating to the elf. "However, there are some denizens than do not have Common as a main language, or even just not know it. So, when you first meet one who falls in that catergory, it is proper to greet them in their native tongue if you know that language."

Blick returns back to the table and Arthos gives him a nod. "So, will he be joining us on our battles tomorrow?"
The Adventurer's Guild-Arthos Myrddin
User avatar
Arthos
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Postby Mavor » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Still unable to get over the disrespect shown to him from the puny halfling from earlier, Davis decides that it would be better for him to prove his inherent superiority through his actions before seeking the attention of the Golden Scaled One. Perhaps then he would be accepted by the drakish paragon of virtue.

To the Bartender, Davis slid five copper pieces and said "Friend bartender, what is your name? I have come here in the hopes of finding something... and someone. I am a fair man, and any information that you can give me would be paid for in due kind.

You seem to have been through a lot of hardship
."

[Diplomacy check on the bartender to improve our relations: 1d20=3 + 5 = 8 :( ] [is it possible to take 10 on diplomacy rolls by the way?]

"Do you happen to know of any elves living in the city here? I wish to speak of one of my own kind. I have also heard there is a magical store selling items in this area, mayhaps you could give me directions to it?" Davis said to the barkeep, smiling as he spoke.

[Davis will pay the barkeep for information about elves in the town, and where the magic shop is located, if he is not successful then he politely ends the conversation and thanks the barkeep for his time.]

After speaking with the half-orc, Davis paced back to where the Golden One, Blik, was sitting. After getting his attention, and ignoring everyone else seated at the table, Davis again spoke in draconic,

"Blik, I will prove myself to you through deeds, not words. If i am successful in my endeavor, I will be here again in one days time, and you will know my respect for you is genuine."

Bowing low, Davis does not wait for Blik's response and leaves the tavern, headed in the direction of the shop.
Mavor
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:52 pm

Postby Blick » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Blick nods his head in approval as Davis makes his proclamation and vows to produce deeds to prove himself. Gazing after him as he leaves the common room, Blick turns back to the table and looks at Brunhilde for an answer..
User avatar
Blick
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Postby DM-Eternal » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:37 am

Sensing that it's not just the little scaly fellow - now revealed to be a kobold - who is waiting for her answer, Brunhilde wrinkles her nose and says '"I'm not really sure what you guys can do, and planning anything makes my head hurt. The man who taught me how to scrap had one rule: get them before they get you, so that's what I aim to do. I'll leave the clever stuff to somebody else. Deal?".

She looks at the others to see if they accept her offer.

"Oh", she adds almost as an afterthought, "anybody know *what* we're supposed to fight, and where?".
DM-Eternal's Tempus Fugit
User avatar
DM-Eternal
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: UK

Postby PMiller » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:50 am

------------- For Davis ---------------

The bartender remains indifferent to the elf, he has seen too many young novices come and go to really care. He spits into the mug and keeps drying it.

Hearing the comment about his hard times, the half-orc only grunts and gives Davis a look that appears to say, you don't have any idea.

The gruff half-orc replies, "Fooking elves, ken none 'cept da ones come here ta drink." The eyes and expression on the bartenders face clearly shows he could care less about offending Davis.

A barmaid with blond pigtails is much more courteous and interjects, "Leave old Grog alone. With all of the adventurers hanging out here, he is still able to take care of troublemakers by the handful all by himself."

You can find Toren's out the door, head towards the open air market and it will be on your left. See you later."
With that, she bustles away delivering the ale the bartender had set out for her.
OOC: See the Callenburg map for clearer directions.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby PMiller » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:12 am

----------------- For the Others ------------------

Raddick sends word that the wager has been placed and he will see you guys at the arena tomorrow. There are rough directions showing the arena's location about 30 minutes walk out the NE Gate.

OOC: Whenever you are ready to advance, you can post your planned activities for the rest of the day and overnight. Spellcasters can get their spells back. Here's the link for the Arena Thread
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Sefrenia » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:36 am

Sefrenia stands up and declares, "I shall return to the Temple. I will be at field of valor on the morrow and by Heironeous we shall be victorious!" She pounds her little fist on the table for emphasis.

She bows her head and gives a soft benediction, "May Heironeous watch over thy dreams tonight to ward the spirits of evil and everyone may awake fresh and ready for the upcoming contest."

Sefrenia gives a little wave of farewell and heads out the door of the common room and exits the Guild. She spends rest of the day conducting her duties at the Temple and then goes to bed early. The next morning, she spends her time in prayer and recovers her spell.

OOC: I will post in the Arena Thread once everyone else appears to be finished here.
User avatar
Sefrenia
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Postby Arthos » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:52 am

"Well, the event is at the arena. What we will face is as good a guess as anyone's," he says to Brunhilde as Sefrenia makes her exit. This shall be a 'interesting' experince. He reaches back into his bag and pulls out his big black book of spells. "I shall meet you all at the arena tomorrow. If you excuse me..." He gets up from the table and walks to another table in a corner of the room, sitting as far from the crowd as possible. He spends the rest of the day studying until the lights go out then sleeping in the common room until day.
The Adventurer's Guild-Arthos Myrddin
User avatar
Arthos
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:44 pm

Postby Blick » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:13 am

Blick nods as the others disperse and looks at Brunhilde. With a movement of his hand he moves the small lump of wax around to behind the 'monster' and grins.

Gathering up his oddities, the kobold nods to the halfling and makes his way towards the fireplace, planning on meditating for a bit to focus and then resting for the events of tommorrow...
User avatar
Blick
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Postby DM-Eternal » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:24 am

With the departure of the others, Brunhilde wonders what she has let herself in for. With a shrug, she hefts her pack and makes for the bar.

She catches the eye of the half-orc behind the bar and says "looks like I'm sticking around here a bit longer than I thought. Got any rooms free, or know of someplace I can get my head down for the night?".

Assuming she can find somewhere for the night, Brunhilde will make sure her armour is cleaned and her weapons sharpened, then have an early night.
DM-Eternal's Tempus Fugit
User avatar
DM-Eternal
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 pm
Location: UK

Postby Fenris » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:55 am

Ashleigh obliviously watched the byplay between some of the erstwhile party members without reaction.

Well everyone seems to be getting along, sort of. I can't put my finger on it, but something more was going on too... Maybe. Mmm.. Nah, could just be imagining things. Well, its about time to try to rest anyway. Assuming I can even sleep at all I am so nervous. I hope I don't freeze or... Stop! Stop! Stop! You will go to bed. You will sleep. You will do well tomorrow. And that is final.

With that, she excused herself till tomorrow, and went to see about getting a room for the night.

Image
-- If violence isn't solving your problems, you are probably not using enough of it.

Adventurer's Guild: Ashleigh Carlisle
Fenris
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

Postby PMiller » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:56 pm

OOC: Deves had mentioned that there were rooms available at the Guild, available as part of your dues. Should you use them, such important people such as youselves can get a cot or section of floor space in one of the barracks like rooms for the night.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Previous

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron