Game #3 [IC] Thread

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Postby Aukan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:16 pm

Feeling his body torn and beaten Aukan gathers all his rage within, casting aside all concern save for the here and now he errupts into a terrifying frenzy, ire coursing through his veins.

With the primal viciousness of a cornered animal he attacks violently and without mercy. His first swing is directed at the strangely dressed kobold (#1?), it's armor stopping Aukan's axe half way through it's body; Aukan slings the creature aside. With a terrifying roar Aukan then attacks the kobold seeking to flank him (#3), cleanly removing it's head.


Free Action: Whirling Frenzy (+4 Str., +2 AC, +2 Reflex, can take a -2 to all attacks in the round to make an extra attack at highest base attack bonus.)
Full Action: Attack 1 Greataxe (Attack: 1d20+7=21 Damage: 3d6+12=25)
Attack 2 Greataxe (Attack: 1d20+7=22 Damage: 3d6+12=23)
User avatar
Aukan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Postby PMiller » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:22 pm

The whirling barbarian's frenzy leaves only one opponent standing after Slyph's arrow took out the smallest of the kobold warriors earlier.

Kahal, despite being wounded badly, slashes down at the last of the little critters and his sword bites deep into the gap between shoulder and neck, slaying the kobold.

Things grow quieter in the chamber as echoing sounds of combat subside, replaced by the heavy breathing of the victors and the dripping of blood from their weapons.

{Combat Ends: 525 XP each}

Party Status:
Aukan: 4/15 HP remaining
Dram: 7/10 HP remaining
Kahal: 2/10 HP remaining
Slyph: 6/7 HP remaining


Image
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Aukan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:42 pm

Breathing heavily Aukan lowers his axe to waist level, keeping it ready though relaxed. "Persistant little bastards huh?" He then moves towards the throne like chair slowly and cautiously.
User avatar
Aukan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Postby PMiller » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:15 pm

Dram follows the barbarian to provide some light, "Figured you might need some light to see by".

Kahal cleans his sword and sheathes it. He keeps his bow in hand and says, "I am lucky to be alive. I need to shoot from distance if there are any more of them."

The throne is hand made, crudely crafted and sized for a small creature. Nothing remarkable except a hide covering to provide some cushioning for the kobold leader's bottom.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Aukan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:42 pm

Aukan moves to the side of the door (T-4) "Alright shiny, lets keep this thing moving. You look like you're in better shape than me so go ahead and get the door"
User avatar
Aukan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Postby PMiller » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Dram looks at Aukan for a moment or two and then asks, "Wouldn't you rather check for traps first?"
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Aukan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:30 pm

"Where is she? Figured she'd know what to do already. Oh and this time, let me know if it's locked or not alright."
User avatar
Aukan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Postby Slyph-Old » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:26 pm

(( sorry - I posted last night but it seems to have not made it over ))

Slyph looks up from her searches of the bodies. "Do you all need to rest a bit first? Heal up? If not, I'm good to go."

Without waiting for an answer she goes to the door (T4) and checks it for nasties.

Search, Disable (1d20+6=18, 1d20+6=8 )
User avatar
Slyph-Old
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:40 pm

Postby PMiller » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:25 pm

Slyph finds that the door is unlocked and there are no traps. She steps aside so Dram can take the lead and open it.

The half-orc opens the door to reveal a small chamber on the other side. The room is unlit, save for the light from the cleric's shield. There are some sacks piled in the corner next to a small chest. In another corner, straight ahead, are two flasks of liquid on top of a medium sized cask.

Image

OOC: On searching for traps. Best bet is to tell me how what DC level you want to search for. BTW, most traps are DC20+. There is no penalty for searching and each die roll is 6 seconds of searching. I can roll them in one shot with my random number generator.
As for Disable Device, the DM rolls those so you don't know if you succeed for not with a near miss. Just provide me with the Skill check bonus.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Aukan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Aukan stands still at the ready, "Alright Slyph, you're up. Go check it out in there, but we're watching you" Aukan seems to be returning to his jolliy self as he chuckles lowly and smiles at Slyph.
User avatar
Aukan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Postby Slyph-Old » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:35 am

Slyph rubs her hands together and smiles before going to the door. "Given their propensity for nastiness, I'd say odds are good for finding and unpleasant surprise." Starting by standing in the doorway, Slyph slowly makes her way around the room, searching for traps. Then she checks the sacks, chests, and cask.

(( Slyph will search for DC26 traps, 3 rolls per square and per item - i.e. per sack, chest, etc. Bonus for both search and disable is +6. Sorry if I'm not getting it - this is my first rogue ))
User avatar
Slyph-Old
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:40 pm

Postby PMiller » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:33 am

This searching takes some time, the spell on Dram shield begins to fade. Slyph did find a trap on the chest before the light goes out and the chest is also locked.

Kahal remembers he has a hooded lantern and he lights it before the group is lost in total darkness.

OOC: For Slyph. Just telling me DC26 is fine, it means you are wanting me to roll until I get a 20 with your +6 skill for each space or object. Rolling three times is a different search criteria. Generally, just pick one or the other.

For Disabling Traps, just tell me that you are trying and provide the skill check bonus. The DM normally rolls this anyway so you never know for sure if you succeeded or not.

For Open Locks you can take a 20 or say you are rolling until you get a 20, either way. Just give me the Skill bonus.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Aukan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:30 am

Growing impatient, Aukan asks, "Well, what'd you find?"
User avatar
Aukan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Postby Slyph-Old » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:18 pm

Looking up from the chest Slyph smirks. "Patience, giant, unless you want to trip this trap for us." Then to Kahal, "Shine that lamp here. Closer please, unless you want to put it on the ground beside me." Once she has better light Slyph gets to work on the trap and lock. ((take 20 on the lock, +4 to skill ))
User avatar
Slyph-Old
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:40 pm

Postby PMiller » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:52 pm

After a second try, Slyph makes a mistake and needle pricks her finger. There is a stinging, but other than some minor damage and redness around the wound she appears to be fine.
Slyph: 1 damage; 5/7HP remaining
BTW: Can you link your Character Sheet to Slyph's signature, please.


She is able to continue and eventually open the lock. Inside are several gold coins and a hollow mithral tube. The sacks in the corner went 'clink' when she poked them looking for traps as well.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron