Game #3 [IC] Thread

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Game #3 [IC] Thread

Postby PMiller » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:34 pm

*** IF YOU ARE NOT A PLAYER IN GAME #3 PLEASE READ NO FURTHER IF YOU HAVE INTENTIONS OF PARTICIPATING IN GUILD GAMES!! ***


Game #3 Participants
DM Bot/Aukan: Goliath Male Barbarian Aukan
Shadow Templar: Male Desert Half-Orc Cleric Dram
Spiritmarked: Female Whisper Gnome Rogue Sylph
Kahal Grenwood: Human Male Ranger Kahal Grenwood
Last edited by PMiller on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby PMiller » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:51 pm

As the adventurer's enter into the common room of the Guild, they see many adventurous types mingling and conversing. Some are swapping stories, others drinking ale, and even a few engaged in games of chance. You have heard that new comers should speak to a Dwarf named Deves Markham, a retired fighter that is a prominent member of the Guild.
OOC: Deves Markham is listed in the Callenburg: Places and People thread.


The bartender is a grumpy looking half-orc, drying a mug with a cloth as he looks around the common room. He occasionally spits into the mug he is drying to clean off a pesky spot or two.
Image
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Shadow Templar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:03 pm

Dram steps in and looks around a bit. He steps up to the bar, and plinks a silver on the table. Nodding to the bartender, he says "Something decently strong. And where's this Markham guy that's so respected here?"

OOC: -1 sp, and no, he won't care if it's a spit-mug so long as the ale's decent.
Last edited by Shadow Templar on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Shadow Templar
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Postby PMiller » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:57 pm

The bartender pours the ale from a specially marked cask, with the words 'Gud stuf' crudely scrawled on the side. He sets teh mug down on the bar and takes the man's coin.

"Master Deves duz bizness ova der." and he nods to the far corner of the common room to an unoccupied booth.

Deves's corner booth is a round table with a good sized bench built into the wall providing back support. It will seat 4 around three quarters of the table. There is only space for two chairs at the open end of the booth, but no chairs are beside the table. There are sturdy hooks on the wall beside the booth to hang weapons and such while people are seated. Hanging from another bracket is a nice dwarven crafted warhammer about 4 feet long.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Shadow Templar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:07 pm

Dram takes a sip of the ale. Approving of it, he slugs the whole thing down in short order and puts another silver on the table.

Second drink in hand he walks towards the dwarf, taking a moment to admire the craftsmanship on the hanging warhammer and making mental notes.

OOC: another -1sp
User avatar
Shadow Templar
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Postby Aukan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:09 pm

The door of the tavern swings open wide and a massive rock-skinned man ducks his way inside. Immediately the hulking 8-foot tall Goliath attracts stares, both of uncertainty and fascination. A man clad in armor stands from a card game to greet the giant, he strides briskly and takes takes the club of a hand in his own "Ah, Kan, bout time you showed up here. Going to try and drink the bar dry are a?" The hulk shakes his greeter's hand, and entire body for that matter, speaking in a deep rasping voice thats bears relation to the sound of sand and pebbles tumbling down a slope "'ello Darren, good to see you friend. Aye, I'll be here to drink... he raises his gaze to the crowded room and thunders ...finest damn ale in town!... the welcome friend's statement is met with several cheers and raised mugs.

Kan, as he's been called, returns to speaking to Darren "but before 'at I need to find the Deves fellow you told me 'bout, figure I'll finally get a job, eh?" He finishes speaking with a smile and a nudge, elbow to shoulder. Darren responds as he leads Kan to the cards table where several men are forced to make room for the new arrival and a fresh mug is handed over "Not sure where Deves is at right now, he's been right buisy lately what with all the new arrivals, even saw 'ol Raddick in here the bastard. You're welcome to sit and drink with us till he shows up though." Kan makes himself comfortable at the cards table next to Darren with a long swig of ale.
User avatar
Aukan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Postby Shadow Templar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:21 pm

Dram watches as the giant greets the others and sits down.

"Damn, and I thought I could drink! Poor sod must spend a fortune to relax."
User avatar
Shadow Templar
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Postby Shadow Templar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:36 pm

As the drink begins to set in, Dram gets an idea. Up to the bar once more, he drops 6 silver on the counter.

"One more for me, and give that giant the strongest stuff in the house."

This I gotta see, heh.

OOC: -6 sp, see if the bartender's got something with a Fort save, heh.
User avatar
Shadow Templar
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Postby Kahal Grenwood » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Kahal makes no grand entrance, in fact, unless anyone is particularly paying attention to the door as he arrives, he might very well go unnoticed. Wrapped in a forest green and brown cloak, patched and sewn together, his scarred and stubbled chin juts out from beneath the deep hood as he strides across the room towards the bartender.

"Oi, barman. I'm here for the work offer..." He trails off a bit, pushing his hood back to reveal his shaved head, decorated with a few scars, as well as the edges of some tattoo work at the side of his neck. His head turns to watch the goliath, being as he's probably the largest thing in the room.

"Forest and hills, that guy's bigger than a bear."

He turns back to the bartender, leaning one hand on the edge of the bar, his other hand adjusting the longbow slung over his shoulder.
<b>Kahal Grenwood, Human Ranger</b>

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=214038
User avatar
Kahal Grenwood
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:03 pm

Postby PMiller » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:31 pm

The bartender looks at the coins and says, "Got some rot gut whisky thatz strong." He heads to the back room and returns with a bottle marked with "XXX". He pours a mug full of something that smells of turpentine and sets in on the bar, scooping up the offered silver. The bartender has a mischievous grin while he waits to see what happens next.
OOC: I am working on the effects still, but go ahead and drink it.


The bartender only acknowledges the ranger with a grunt and waving in the general direction of the corner, where Deves's booth is located, but Deves is not there yet. The bartender is more interested in what is going to happen with the Goliath at the moment.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Shadow Templar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:01 pm

Dram grabs the big mug and takes a sniff, immediately turning his head away.

"Yeah, this'll do."

He walks it up to the table and puts it down in front of the Goliath.

"Overheard you're here for work too. Have one on the house while we wait."

He takes a step back, casually looking around, but keeping the upcoming scene in his peripheral vision. Finally noticing the new arrival, he leans on the bar next to the ranger, still looking somewhat towards the table while greeting him.

"Same for you I guess. Here for the work?"
User avatar
Shadow Templar
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Postby Kahal Grenwood » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:09 pm

Kahal nods to Dram as he returns, his eyes still focused on the small giant at the table. He shifts his weight a bit, unshouldering the bow and leaning it against the edge of the bar as his gaze scans across to the table where the hiring party is expected.

"Mmmhmm."

He finally brings his attention around to Dram proper, extending a free hand, clad in a fingerless archers gauntlet.

"Grenwood. Kahal Grenwood. You're here for the hire as well, I'd assume. So's the big guy?"
<b>Kahal Grenwood, Human Ranger</b>

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=214038
User avatar
Kahal Grenwood
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:03 pm

Postby Shadow Templar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:12 pm

"Far as I know yeah. Either way there's entertainment while we wait." Taking another swig from his drink.

He then offers his hand to shake with the human. "Dram"
User avatar
Shadow Templar
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Postby Aukan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:53 pm

Aukan raps a large hand around the mug but does not lift it as he and the others seated at the table stare at the man who offered the drink strange to see strangers offering drinks. Aukan then finishes his first mug keeping the strange drink in his other hand on the table. He then raises the strange drink to his nose and smells it, snorts with a chuckle and then thrusts it in front of Darren’s face smiling. Darren smells the liquid and responds wide eyed and smiling “HA! Good ‘ol dragon piss!” At the mention of the name another man pipes in with a chuckle “Better be passin’ that around Kan.” “I’ll do better’n that. Charles! Grab us a few shot glasses and get on fer’ yourself too.” The men at the card table all laugh heartily as the glasses are set in front of Kan and he pours the mug into shots. The mug emptied into the glasses Kan passes them around the table “Alright boys, all at once now, first man to drop buys the next round.” Kan turns his head to the stranger at the bar raises his glass and nods his head in approval “cheers” The group at the table then all face each other and countdown all at once “One…two…three!” Nine empty shot glass slam against the table.


(Fortitude: 1d20+5=19)
User avatar
Aukan
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Postby Shadow Templar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:10 am

Dram stares blankly for a moment, then smirks, then just starts laughing as he walks up to the table. He slaps the Goliath on the back, stating:

"Bwah hah hah hah, well played! Expected you to try and drink that mess solo. You win this round."

Dram drops an entire gold on the table next to the barkeep.

"A pair of shots of whatever the hell that was, and a round of something a bit better tasting for the lot of 'em!"

He slides one to Kahal and picks the other up. "Here's to bad ideas, hah!" and downs the thing before there's a chance to smell it again.

1d20+4=15
User avatar
Shadow Templar
Greenhorn
Greenhorn
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Next

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron