Game #2 [OOC Issues]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Postby Sebastian Bach » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:50 pm

would you two just play nice! So caught up in you little drama! Nobody even noted the original map I was going to use

LOL



I figured that Yugi would appear and play Blue Eyes White Dragon, and slaughter all the goblins. No need to Seb to do anything except wait.

"Just wait here Mr Goblins. Yugi is a bit caught up at the moment, but will get here soon. He has a surprise for you! I don't want to spoil it but, it is worth waiting for."
User avatar
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 am

Postby Shadow Bright » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:36 pm

DM Bot wrote:This was the original plan but I wasn't sure you all would be cool with the stealth goblins and Doros wouldn't go along with the transformation thing. LOL

As Sebastian steps quickly into the doorway of the store room he is confronted with the appearance of four Goblins in ninja garb, seemingly from thin air. All throught the cavern stealth goblins swarm the place and fill it with high pitched chittering.

The door before Raddick is blown off it's hinges by a laser blast that disintegrates the door in a bright flash of red. Once the dust settles Raddick can see past his foe into the next room, to his horror the massive form of Megatron dominates the room, his evil face grinning an evil grin back at Raddick's not so evil face.

But suddenly in erruption of tremendously epic proportions Doros explodes with a flash of brilliantly blinding light. Moments later the light fades to reveal Goku! (*que epic music*)

Image




Shadow would have accepted a transform to anime Witchblade!

Witchblade ripping apart a mecha below!

Image
User avatar
Shadow Bright
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:16 pm

Postby PMiller » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:09 am

DM Bot wrote:Shadow's mace misses by a large margin. But the goblin's attempt to take advantage of her mistake fails miserably as well, fortunately nobody else can see their blunders.
No one but Doros and Nikhil that is.

DM Bot wrote:Sorry, Doros is waiting for Shadow to back up so that he can start doing something useful
Yeah and that didn't happen. Will he delay until he sees an opening or until someone tells him to go ahead into an opening?

Also are the goblins in the rear doing anything? Or they just effectively waiting until their turn?
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby DM Bot » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:09 pm

Goblins in the rear only havee melee weapons and the one infront of Shadwo already took a swing
User avatar
DM Bot
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:20 am
Location: Soothsayer

Postby PMiller » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:18 pm

Okay, I am confused. Hob2 has a longspear (slashing?) and that's a reach weapon. So how is he attacking within side the reach at Raddick?

Way I figure it the Hob suffers penalties against either target. Nik gets +4AC from Cover and if it's an adjacent attack then regular melée cover rules apply again +4AC. Hob is needing about a 20 to hit which I assume he rolled (but not sure given the apparent mistakes above).
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby DM Bot » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:28 pm

Apologies, I should have been more clear. I assumed that the earlier attack, made by the same enemy from the same square, would indicate that it had dropped the spear in favor of a more appropriate weapon. Yes it rolled a critical threat though due to cover failed to confirm, hence the normal damage.
User avatar
DM Bot
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:20 am
Location: Soothsayer

Postby DM Bot » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:09 am

{Nikhil is up}
User avatar
DM Bot
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:20 am
Location: Soothsayer

Postby Sebastian Bach » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:38 am

Can't find the map where the old guy popped his head out - otherwise Sebastian would have gone straight to it.


> As Raddick shuffles past the group the door at the end of the hall opens suddenly and a older looking man in robes with glasses shuffles out. Momentarily he is unaware but as he looks up from the doorway, he snaps to attention as he sees the group. With a yell he rushes back into the room and slams the door behind him.
User avatar
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 am

Postby DM Bot » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:50 pm

that would be behind closed door number one (H-4), if you care to open it then go ahead :)
User avatar
DM Bot
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:20 am
Location: Soothsayer

Postby PMiller » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:22 am

Raddick is waiting for Shadow to answer about the door, Mantis.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby PMiller » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:48 pm

Raddick is guarding he old man already, or is he "the light headed one"?
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Sebastian Bach » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:22 pm

Raddick still has a light ensourcelled cloth wrapped around his head.
He is the light headed one.

Besides, Seb really meant lean on, when he said guard.

Raddick is more like the lions. "If you don't do what I say, I throw you to the lions".
User avatar
Sebastian Bach
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:18 am

Postby PMiller » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:32 am

Duh, forgot about the light on his head. I thought it meant someone was just being ditsy and was wondering how Raddick was leaving that impression. lol
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby PMiller » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:24 am

At this point I would like to request the DM roll Sense Motive checks for everyone. It is untrained so everyone has some chance to tell if the old man is lying or telling the truth.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby PMiller » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:56 am

In this case, if I were DMing, I would roll the Sense Motive checks. Technically we should not have OOC knowledge if we failed the roll.

But it is DM Bot's call. Personally, he can roll Raddick's rather than hold up things and ask me to roll it. Raddick's Sense Motive is +1.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron