Game #2 [OOC Issues]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Game #2 [OOC Issues]

Postby PMiller » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:42 am

Alright this is for OOC discussions on Game #2

-----------------

Doros and Shadow Bright; I have 3 PMs that I sent out 12 hours ago to new members that registered in the last 2-3 days. They have read them but not responded yet. I would like to have at least 3 total, but I won't wait too long.
Last edited by PMiller on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Doros » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:46 am

Whoooo! I'm OOC
Doros
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Shadow Bright » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:48 am

We could kill a coulple days RPing getting Doros out of his current group. :D
Shadow Bright
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Doros » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:49 am

here?

PS: Shadow, you have no eyes nor hair? lol
Doros
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:58 am

Yeah you guys are faster than me. I am drafting Game#1's IC right now and advancing their game. Doros is effectively already out when I post it. I am playing catch up on the OOC side of things since I have to get their map ready and some other stuff going before I can post the IC stuff yet.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Doros » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:59 am

okay so I shld not post there again? correct?

Are you serious? I missed fighting Kobolds? I damand to face off against a horde of kobolds in the future lol
Doros
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:01 am

Alright finished working Game #1 for now.

For Game #2 my original idea (the lazy option) was to use the same scenario and run both simultaneously. But the cat's probably out of the bag on that one. BTW that scenario is one that I originally built for my 6 year old, so you 2 veterans are not missing much.

Second option, with exactly 4 experienced players, was to run The Sunless Citadel. But that requires a party approach to the character selections. Game #1 did not matter.

While we wait for a few more players you can tell me if you have some specific interests and I can see what I got.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Doros » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:22 am

Kobolds? lol

uh... I can actually say that I've never played in a 'party approach' game and trust me, I've played in alot of table top games lol (They usually consisted of games for laughs that lasted a few hours while we waited for pizza), in any case, the thought scares me lol
Doros
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:31 am

All I mean is making sure the group agrees that they have everything covered. With only 4 players in a published adventure, I recommend people be flexible on what character they decide to build.

I did this once on another forum and they made; an Illusionist, Favored Soul, Barbarian, and Rogue. The rogue was originally going to be a Scout, but the player had to swap out just before we started. With 5 players it is much easier to cover everything skill and ability-wise, but 4 means some compromise. Forces teamwork during the character generation process.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:49 am

Doros wrote:Kobolds? lol

Yeah, kobolds. Darkstrider is new to D&D, this is his third combat, but only because he got there sooner in two other games at URPGs. This is the first for Xan.

But there will be a twist or two, so it is possible for 1-2 characters to go down in the first Encounter if they are unlucky or stupid. :twisted: Unless things go really well, they will probably have to rest up before finishing the cave.

As for adventures, my time is limited so I will have to use either one of many published adventures in my inventory, or one that I have already prepared (i.e. for my 6 year old son). I guess for opinions from you guys, it is whether you have a particular style that you are interested in. Or I could just surprise you.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Doros » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:58 pm

Not sure, I'm just coming back to D&D after about a year and a half off and I'm a little set on trying this build out. I suppose if it came down to it I could change things up but I'm willing to admit that at this point Doros is quite useless lol, except for awsome fortune cookie dueling
Doros
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:04 pm

You don't need to change the build. He is on track to be a melee tank type, correct?
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Doros » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:10 pm

well not so much a tank but certainly melee
Doros
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Shadow Bright » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:20 pm

Nope, don't change him. If you think he'll be awesome in a few levels he most likely will be.

Keep in mind that after playing 5th level and higher characters for a while most 1st level guys seem a bit useless and delicate.

Shadow Bight here is not exactly a powerhouse either (yet). If we play smart, use our ranged weapons a lot and work together we can both reach awesomeness.

She has 8 points of healing a day (at 1st). Doesn't sound like a lot, but when you only have 8 or 10 total it is. She will try and keep us both going.
Shadow Bright
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Doros » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:32 pm

I know, just uncomfortable with this feeling of squishiness lol
Doros
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Next

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]