Game #1 [OOC Issues]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Postby PMiller » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:45 pm

Uthgar kills another one, go ahead for Flintrunner and Xan too while waiting for Lena.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:39 am

Flintrunner, Lena and Xan are up.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Be advised that waiting for Germain's turn to come around again will mean entering the next round.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:25 am

Do the columns provide any kind of cover bonus from ranged attacks?
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:29 am

Yes, standard cover +4AC for both ranged and melee. Same with attacking diagonally around a corner, +4AC as well.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:44 am

Lena Debore wrote:{Hopefully this move is legal DM PMiller. I assumed her bow was still in hand and that drawing an arrow to her bow and firing it didn't merit much time spent. I will edit and change if this is not a correct move.}

Should be. No reason Lena would have put her bow away. Drawing an arrow from a quiver to shoot is a free action.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:46 am

Lena Debore wrote:{Hopefully this move is legal DM PMiller. I assumed her bow was still in hand and that drawing an arrow to her bow and firing it didn't merit much time spent. I will edit and change if this is not a correct move.}

Should be. No reason Lena would have put her bow away. Drawing an arrow from a quiver to shoot is a free action.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:31 pm

What kobolds are still alive at this point in the round?
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Rolled for Lena and she missed. Everyone else that has posted at this point has also missed. Germain has yet to roll, but at Uthgar's turn there will be at least one kobold remaining.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:53 pm

d'oh! Ok, I understand flanking now. :)
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:29 pm

As this dungeon is coming to a close, I am offering to listen to input on the next mission.

I had planned to allow mixing and matching between Games #1 and #3, but that group did not catch up yet. Their pace has actually slowed down and they are just starting the barracks room. Mixing up things may still happen, but it is hard to keep XP the same if add extra encounters for Game #1 to allow them to catch up.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby PMiller » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:20 pm

Heh!? What chest? Ari are you making stuff up in my game or just not paying attention. Of course a second person following along doesn't help matters.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Herzog » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:21 pm

Is he referring to the throne on the map?

DM-PMiller wrote:As this dungeon is coming to a close, I am offering to listen to input on the next mission.

I had planned to allow mixing and matching between Games #1 and #3, but that group did not catch up yet. Their pace has actually slowed down and they are just starting the barracks room. Mixing up things may still happen, but it is hard to keep XP the same if add extra encounters for Game #1 to allow them to catch up.

Here's my feedback. I really had a blast playing this short mini-adventure. And hope to be able to continue it. As for the next mission, it could be more of the same, maybe a little bit harder, or more of a roleplaying mission. Maybe give a chance to swap out characters or whatnot for those who are interested.
GMing
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby GerOge » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Heh!? What chest? Ari are you making stuff up in my game or just not paying attention. Of course a second person following along doesn't help matters.

Isn't there a Will save to believe that the throne is a chest, perhaps followed by another to believe there's some good loot in there? It would have to help somehow when we got to the point of trying to unload the imaginary portion of the take. :wink:

Re the next adventure, I had fun with this. I haven't played or run very many adventures from 1st level and I know that it can be a challenge to challenge 1st level characters without killing them. For the next one, I'd like to see an in-game puzzle or two if the rest of you are into it. A mystery of some sort would be a slightly larger step in that direction, but I like mysteries.

Also, and not entirely (but mostly) because I'm a spellthief, some enemies who throw spells would be good. :D
GerOge and Germain Ogenath in The Guild
GerOge
Legend
Legend

Postby Lena Debore » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:17 pm

I would like to see a urban adventure. Maybe developing another plot a bit more. I know we had a mini adventure but I thought we could keep it going and possibly earn a chance to level up. I know when I had a pathfinder short adventure series, every couple of encounters I would level the group up. Now I know I that the encounters were getting some serious xp but really I think it could be something else we could work towards.
Lena Debore
Villager
Villager

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]