Game #1 [OOC Issues]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Postby GerOge » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Sorry to hear about that, Ari. Hope you had a backup.
GerOge and Germain Ogenath in The Guild
User avatar
GerOge
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby PMiller » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:02 pm

Ooops. Sorry guys I should have asked this earlier, but it did not matter until now. Illumination.

In the kobold kitchen there was illumination from the cooking fire and Germain could have gotten a torch from there. But I did not see one on his character sheet otherwise.

The only listed source of illumination that you all have is Xan's Hooded lantern. The only person with Darkvision is Flintrunner.
Throwing a torch into a room could cause the torch to go out, but it will cut the illumination down to bright in its square and dim in the squares around it.

Before I reveal the other side of the door I need to know if Xan's lantern is lit and if that changes his place in line.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12580
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby GerOge » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:53 am

I have a few torches in the equipment list (though I'm fine with the 'got one from the kitchen' interpretation).

I've been carrying the torch in my off-hand and the loaded crossbow in my on-hand.

I asked about seeing a likely spot to toss the torch in because I am assuming that the alarm is likely to mean that the other side of the door is now dark and filled with hostiles. If that is the case, Germain will not stand in front of an open door holding a torch while they all huck spears at him (toss and dive).

Incidentally, regarding the search checks. I am assuming that Lena is getting a roll at the same time I do. It would only make sense to have both roguish types doing as much as they can to help the situation. I only bring it up because I'm not sure whether or not I actually got a roll for the present snafu.
GerOge and Germain Ogenath in The Guild
User avatar
GerOge
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby PMiller » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:42 am

You did rebuild your sheet, though so it might not match my printed copy. No matter. I am still waiting to see about Xan since I would hate to see you all in the dark if your one torch goes out.

As for searching, no Lena has been following along behind you to disable the ones you would find. It also wasn't clear if you were actually searching down the stairs since you did not post it. I rolled blindly anyway and he missed it, that's all.

BTW, I am only giving Oskatat another few hours before I let DM Storm take over her so she will be more active soon.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12580
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby GerOge » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:22 am

No big deal and I'm definitely a fan of 'we're here now and that's what matters' but check my quote RE the stairs. Thanks for the benefit-of-the-doubt roll though :) .

Here's me formally requesting that the NPCed rogue help out with my search checks. A 1st lvl spellthief (at least this one) is about as useful as a fish riding a bicycle.

RE the sheet, I did the best I could with the reconstruction. Don't generally try to give myself any legs up. I'll go with what you have on paper if it's less than what I got now.
GerOge and Germain Ogenath in The Guild
User avatar
GerOge
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby PMiller » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:35 am

You can have the torches. I was surprised that I did not see them since you had the Flint and Steel listed.

Of course I was surprised that some other people did not have any torches either. But no matter.

The NPC Rogue will not be an NPC in a few hours.

This is official. DM Storm is taking over Lena at midnight my time, 11:00 AM his time. I will only step in for her if he has RL issues that keep him from posting timely enough during the week.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12580
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby PMiller » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Germain has already entered the area next to the door and Lena had already done her thing with the disable device.

I already had Germain opening the door as well, I was waiting on Xan to respond about his lantern before revealing what is on the other side, but I should be updating in a few hours.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12580
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:42 am

I had not thought about light at all :)

Once this battle is completed Xan will light the lantern.
User avatar
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 am
Location: Mountains Peak Monastery

Postby PMiller » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:18 am

Okay, the lantern is not lit, your group's only illumination is that torch in Germain's hand.


Also, I reached 500 posts on my DM account today! Not sure where to celebrate that, but well... yippee for me. :D
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12580
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Dorn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Are the kobolds considered "readied" in the context of charges or just not flat-footed?
User avatar
Dorn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:14 am

Postby PMiller » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:22 pm

Just not flat-footed.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12580
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Herzog » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Thanks, Waiting to see what Darkstrider and GerOge do before acting.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
User avatar
Herzog
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 3241
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:26 am

Postby PMiller » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:37 pm

Ari might still be out of town today, but it's Germain's turn first.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12580
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby DM Ari » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:34 pm

Nah, I'm here. With a handy dandy new hard-drive.
Dming
Absolutely Nothing
DM Ari
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:41 pm
Location: Kentucky

Postby PMiller » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:13 pm

Tell you what, I will be nice. The torch is lit and catches a sleeping mat on fire to provide illumination for the whole room.
DS and Uthgar can go ahead.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12580
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron