Game #1 [IC Thread]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Postby Lena Debore » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:03 am

Lena nods at the Goliath
"I'm in. And i don't have to pack, i carry all my possessions with me, minus a silver now."
after GerOge's comment she sighs

"we're doomed."

outside the door she looks in amazement at the creature.

"What is this? is it very dangerous? a pet? Or am I asking it the wrong way around?" Talking to the... thing now and grinning impishly. "Is that big thing your pet? Is it very dangerous?"
Lena Debore
Villager
Villager

Postby Darkstrider » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:23 am

The goliath laughs. 'Both of us are dangerous, and neither is the other's pet. But there's no real point in askin' him. He doesn't speak common, just Terran. Besides that, he's not the most talkative sort. But as to what is he, he's an earth elemental. When I became a druid, I summoned him from a pile of jade, onyx and flint.'
Darkstrider
Villager
Villager

Postby Lena Debore » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:39 am

"A druid? I never met any druids. I'm usually a city type and druids usually are not. But i did hear most of them are acompanied by animals. Why an elemental? And you," turning to Xan, "what are you exactly? you dont talk like most people around here. My name is Lena. I used to juggle and do other tricks, but people expect me to settle down."

Now the easy part is over, Lena starts to get a bit nervous and her agile mind starts to jump around from point to point of interest, ignoring GerOge
Lena Debore
Villager
Villager

Postby Darkstrider » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:14 pm

' 'Ave you ever fought an Earth elemental? He may look small, but he's a helluva warrior. Besides that, he's an excellent friend.'

The short earth elemental turns to Lena and nods his head. Then, disappears into the rock, and reappears behind her.

'Plus, he can do that. Ever see an animal do that?' The goliath booms laughter.
Darkstrider
Villager
Villager

Postby Herzog » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:05 pm

Uthgar:

Uthgar not thinking of any questions, merrily finishes his Ale. Once done with his Ale, he gets up gathers his things and follows the others outside. Upon seeing the earth elemental do his disappearing trick, he exclaims "Och, them pile of rocks moves! Never seen anything of the like before. What else can it do?" asks Uthgar as he stares fascinatingly...[
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby GerOge » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:06 pm

Sauntering out from the common room, I stop short at the sight of the earth elemental doing his disappearing trick and my eyes get big as dinner plates.

"Wow! That is neat. If I hug him, can he take me through rock too?" As I'm speaking, I start moving toward the living rock pile, fascinated.
GerOge and Germain Ogenath in The Guild
GerOge
Legend
Legend

Postby Darkstrider » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:13 pm

'Wouldn't do that if I were you Joke-teller.' Darkstrider repeats Geroge's comment to Flintrunner, who says a few words in an angry tone.

'Flintrunner says that if you take any steps closer to him, he'll make me summon another elemental. Or we'll leave you to Shadow-watcher. He's yet to decide which'd hurt you worse.'
Darkstrider
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:40 pm

The weather outside is typical for the season, slightly warm and partly cloudy. Maybe a chance for rain in the late afternoon or evening.

Commoners around the Adventurer's Guild usually avoid getting to close the patrons of the Guild, giving them a wide berth since they tend to be dangerous and unruly. At least one town watch patrol is usually loitering within the vicinity to ensure no enterprising fingers be finding their way into pockets that don't belong to them.

The Jenkins Farmstead is about half and hour journey on foot for most people, but Flintrunner is a little slower so it will take closer to 45 minutes.

OOC: Great going RP so far. :) You can take the liberty of moving yourselves IC to the Farmstead at your leisure and I will update then.

If you haven't already, make sure you are watching this thread: Game #1 OOC
If you haven't posted on it yet, then you need to click the link. I will use it frequently to communicate OOC issues and I want to make sure everyone is reading it. I will be posting something there soon.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:03 am

Xan replies to Lena's question "I am a Monk from the Mountains Peak Monastery, I talk differently because when one talks about ones self in the third person, one sounds wiser." Xan gives Lena a wink to let her know he is making a jest.

Lena Debore wrote:"A druid? I never met any druids. I'm usually a city type and druids usually are not. But i did hear most of them are acompanied by animals. Why an elemental? And you," turning to Xan, "what are you exactly? you dont talk like most people around here. My name is Lena. I used to juggle and do other tricks, but people expect me to settle down."

Now the easy part is over, Lena starts to get a bit nervous and her agile mind starts to jump around from point to point of interest, ignoring GerOge
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:14 am

Xan addresses the group. "I am ready and would like to join the walk to Jenkins Farmstead when everyone is ready to proceed."
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend

Postby Herzog » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:41 am

Uthgar:

"Aye, let's go check this farm out," with that Uthgar starts to head off towards the town's Eastern Gate.
GMing
The Black Company and Fallout
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:57 am

Xan follows Uthgar.
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend

Postby Darkstrider » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:43 am

Not content to let anyone beat him, Darkstrider quickly catches up, with Flintrunner moving slowly behind them.
Darkstrider
Villager
Villager

Postby Lena Debore » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:45 am

While walking through the city, Lena stays close to the stony giant of a man, reasoning that any attention will be his and most people wouldnt even notice her. Outside the city, she still stays close. The great outdoors had never seemed really friendly to her, even though she did spent some time there when she was younger. Staying near a druid seemed like a good idea.
Lena Debore
Villager
Villager

Postby GerOge » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:30 pm

To Xan, "It sounds a bit like those messages writ on paper and wrapped in a cookie.", with a wink and a warm chuckle.

"How were you able to give up everything and live a monastic life? I mean, they don't have any women or strong drink or anything up there, do they?"

I fall into stride beside the others.
GerOge and Germain Ogenath in The Guild
GerOge
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]