Game #1 [IC Thread]

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Postby GerOge » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:14 pm

"Well, one of them got away but I don't reckon one will cause too much trouble. An ale sounds good to me! My lips are parched and my stomach rumbles for a basket of fried potatoes. I'd like to have a closer look at the feather and the medallion too. Never know about some of the pretty things that kobolds collect. Some are just shiny trinkets, but others..."

Now that the stressful situation is behind us, I begin to relax in the usual way, with a torrent of passing thoughts expressed aloud to anyone who will listen and respond. I head back in the direction of our loot piles and help carry as much as my meager strength allows.
GerOge and Germain Ogenath in The Guild
User avatar
GerOge
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby Darkstrider » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:58 pm

Darkstrider nods, then helps gather the various odds and ends that they've managed to...inherit.
User avatar
Darkstrider
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:45 am

Postby PMiller » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Lena nods and starts helping to carry salvaged armor, extra weapons, and such.

OOC: Go ahead and RP your way back out and returning to town. We will continue to use this thread for in town activities until you are ready to enter the Guild's Common Room for starting the next adventure. I am sure there are various tasks that need doing before you will be ready for that, i.e. divvying up treasure, paying for healing.

I will be starting a new thread for each group (after shuffling players around and adding in the new players).
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby PMiller » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:56 am

Lena will make sure that you haven't forgotten to search the rest of the bodies and gather up the salvageable armor.

Total Treasure Inventory:
Small blue-green Feather
330 gp
280 sp
2 gems
Medallion
17 Sets Leather armor (small)
Masterwork Longsword
Masterwork Chain Shirt (small)
Crowbar with red markings
Medium cask of Kobold Brew

OOC: BTW I put everyone's total XP to date in the Current player characters in the Guild. Go ahead and update your sheets.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:39 am

Xan helps with the others to gather up all the items worth keeping and tags along with them back out of the complex. "Should we head straight back to town, or do we stop in at the farmer to tell him what has been killing his animals?"
User avatar
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 am
Location: Mountains Peak Monastery

Postby Dorn » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:18 pm

"Aye, we should. After all, he be the reason we got to kill them dog faces" Uthgar grins mischievously. Uthgar helps gather up the items as well, and waits at the exit for the others to finish.
User avatar
Dorn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:14 am

Postby Darkstrider » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:45 pm

'I'd say the old man'd appreciate it, at the least.', Darkstrider says, leaning on his staff next to the exit. He shifts the pack on his back, weighted down with the various new toys they found.
User avatar
Darkstrider
Villager
Villager
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 5:45 am

Postby GerOge » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:32 pm

"Can't wait to see the look on his shiny face when we tell 'im he can go back to tending his flock without fear!"

"As to the loot, whattya say we get what the market will bring for the kobold-sized stuff and the gems? We'll let Deves have the first offer on the cask and I can run some tests on the feather, medallion and crowbar to see what surprises they may hold."


As I say the last, my eyes gleam a little bit and my shoulders seem to lighten under the load at the prospect of getting to provoke a dormant magical device. That gleam is just a bit worrisome to those who may notice.
GerOge and Germain Ogenath in The Guild
User avatar
GerOge
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby PMiller » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:08 pm

The adventurers can make it back safely to the halfling's farmstead.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:27 am

Upon reaching Jasper's farm, Xan knocks on the door hoping Jasper will come out and let the party tell him the good news.
User avatar
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 am
Location: Mountains Peak Monastery

Postby PMiller » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:34 am

Knocking on the little folk's door produces that grating shrew-like voice again, "JasPER! JAAASper! Those giant ruffians are back and they are probably trampling my flowers again. Get rid of them!"

Jasper opens the door, and nods hello. He wipes his sleeve across his mouth as his hands are full with a drumstick and a hunk of bread. Through his mouthful of food he says, "Sorry, just finishing up 2nd lunch. How's it going?" He looks around the monk at the others and answers his own question wryly, "That good, huh."
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Postby Xan Chow-Huan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:31 am

"I must investigate the corellation between lack of height and sense of humor...." Xan mumbles under his breath, then he says in a louder voice. "We have found your thieves good sir and decimated their hideout. One escaped but I doubt it will be back."
User avatar
Xan Chow-Huan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 am
Location: Mountains Peak Monastery

Postby Dorn » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Uthgar stands by and grins happily, reveling in a good day of fighting.
User avatar
Dorn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:14 am

Postby GerOge » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:37 pm

"My monastic-al friend here has a very literal and understated manner of speaking. The goal, I think, is to preserve humility but it does not, in this case, do justice to the feat we have just performed." I draw myself down a bit to a chummier level with Master Jenkins as I gather breath to continue.

"The dog-faces were ready with an ambush, but not ready enough. We decimated their numbers and ended the life of their fearsome leader! One escaped out of a dozen but the wounded fellow had the fright of his life and will no doubt spread word of our deeds. We can show you the location of their hideout. I suggest you send someone around in a few days to block the entrance and rid yourself of the problem for good."
GerOge and Germain Ogenath in The Guild
User avatar
GerOge
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby PMiller » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:09 am

:D I am celebrating my 1000 post on my DM Account today! :D

Jasper munches on his food and looks at the adventurers, "Dogs huh? Okay, if you say it's clear I will take some lads out there and close up yonder hole."

The shrew yells, "You AIN'T going drinkin' with the lads!"

Jasper rolls his eyes and says quietly, "Damn her to hell. If she didn't use that mouth of hers so well on my manhood, I'd have traded her in decades ago. I have something of use for you guys. Come with me."

Jasper leads you to his barn and opens up a hidden compartment dug into the floor. He pulls out a pouch with some potion bottles in it and says, "The vials will help with your wounds if you need."

OOC: Acquired 5 potions of Cure Light Wounds.


"Now if you excuse me, I will finish my food and hope the missus will shut up long enough for me to enjoy it."
Jasper waves his drumstick in farewell and mutters to himself, ".... suck... off." The halfling farmer returns inside he little home.

You all are free to return to Callenburg and visit the Teron’s Superior Outfitting and Equipment Guild. It's on the town map.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12529
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron