The Adventurer's Guild Registry - Come here first!!

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: The Adventurer's Guild Registry - Come here first!!

Postby PMiller » Wed May 09, 2012 5:06 am

Welcome BL. I will send you a PM.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Aukan » Mon May 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Hello All,

I'm a returning player with alot of PbP experience and a pretty solid knowledge of the DnD 3.5 edition rules (I own more than 40 books in this format), as well as 4th edition (I've only ever played one RL game but it managed to last 14 levels). I really enjoy the game as a whole but if I had to admit to a style then I suppose I'd have to say that I am some what reliant upon heavy melee characters to get the job done. As far as availability, I can certainly post at least once a day, likely more. In conclusion, I'd like to make a return if there's room anywhere.

Thanks
Aukan
Veteran
Veteran

Hi

Postby kinch » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:10 pm

I'm new to D&D, having observed partial games and read up a bit, but never played. Following some of the game posts, it seems that it would be pretty fun. I should be able to check the board at least once per day.
kinch

Postby PMiller » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:05 am

Welcome, please answer these questions:
    - Your experience with the rules
    - Your experience with PbP
    - Expectations for playing and what you want out of the experience - Style and parts of the gaming you like best.
    - Anticipated frequency of participation

However, I am not sure if there will be any openings anytime soon though. If you see the latest posts in the sub-forums, all the games are stalled at the moment due to DM issues. There is no plan of starting up a new group either for the same reasons.

Still opportunities come and this is a chance to sell yourself. :wink:
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby ValeVonGrimm » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:44 am

hello all! I have been playing D&D in all it's iterations since I was about 8 years old... I have most experience with 3.0/3.5, a good deal of experience with AD&D, not much experience with 4.0, but I am willing to learn!

I have played PbP for the past 2 years or so, and have a firm grip on how it goes. I have free time to post at night almost daily, and enjoy roleplaying more than rollplaying; but I also think both are necessary to some degree.

Above all, I just want to play an enjoyable game, with players and characters that have more depth than a desire to crunch numbers! :D
ValeVonGrimm

Postby PMiller » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:08 am

Welcome to the Guild. Currently I have one game running at levels 3-4, but all others have stalled out with DMs and players needing to step away from the table.

If you are willing to DM, we can restart a group for you. :mrgreen:
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby ValeVonGrimm » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:33 am

hmm, possibly...? I haven't DM'd in ages! lol... I may be willing to give it a try however. What game(s) need DM's? And how much of the material for said game would I need to provide and/or improvise? just wondering... :lol:
ValeVonGrimm

Postby tical » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi, i have played several games in 3.5, and alot in ad&d. I want to play for fun and be creative, i can play a wide variety of characters but my favorite is mage, thief, and cleric.
tical

Postby PMiller » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:19 am

Welcome, tical. Before, I review a character, please know that I am looking more than just brief answers these questions:
- Your experience with PbP
- Expectations for playing and what you want out of the experience - Style and parts of the gaming you like best.
- Anticipated frequency of participation

PbP is about writing as much as it is about gameplay. Please see this post to see what I mean:
http://www.unlimitedrpgs.com/forums2/vi ... 82#p230582

The adventurer's Guild has not started up a new game in quite awhile, the only two active groups remaining are about 4-5th level now, a bit much for a 1st level to join. I do have games with openings in Pathfinder though, as some players have disappeared.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby macfarley » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:30 pm

I've played lots of 3.5 in tabletop and a few pbp games. I know 4e pretty well and ran a game once. Had lots of fun with white wolf systems like vtm, aberrant and scion.
Looking for more roll than role play, as i'm also in a very political vtm irc game.
Posted a character in the builds thread.
macfarley

Postby PMiller » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:57 am

Yes, I locked the Builds thread since instructions were to post here first. If you read the post above yours, you will also notice I was expecting more than short answers too. ;)

While I appreciate information on other gaming systems (probably should have posted it in your welcome to the site post), only information about 3.5ed would be applicable to your application for the Guild.

Unfortunately, unless we get a few more people for 1st level and a DM, I do not see any new games starting soon.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby DM Dirk » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:43 am

Hey everybody,
I've been playing D&D for about 6 or 7 years now and doing pbp for a few years, mostly on the Giant in the Playground forums. In the time that I've been trying that, I've had only one or two successful campaigns, in and of that they lasted more than a round or two into the first combat.
That said, I'm big into all aspects of roleplaying, but I've never been much for powergaming and trying to get the absolute best performance out of my characters. I prefer setting up a solid background/personality and letting skills/feats/build come from that instead. In terms of the roleplay/ puzzle/ combat balance that I've seen lots of people talk about, I'd prefer 40/20/40 or thereabouts.
I'll play as often as games are set up and, when playing, can post once or twice a day.
Hopefully something new can get started soon.
DM'ing: Way of the Wicked

Dirk
DM Dirk
Villager
Villager

Postby goatmeal » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Admin-PMiller wrote:
Please sign here before posting elsewhere else on the Guild's threads & answer these questions:

I'm a little confused about the process here, but I'll play along. I'm assuming that we post here if we are interested in running a character in this campaign. It looks like perhaps there aren't any openings, but I'll go ahead and post anyways in case something comes up. I'll wait on creating a character until I know whether there is an opening, and would even be willing to create the character to match whatever hole exists in the would-be party. I tend to like playing bards or druids, but would be open to whatever is needed.

Admin-PMiller wrote:
    - Your experience with the rules

I've played with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd edition, though not at all in about 3-4 years, so I may be a bit rusty.

Admin-PMiller wrote:- Your experience with PbP

None. Though I have been reading quite a bit online recently about proper etiquette and even reading through some threads on various PbP sites to get an idea of what it would look like. (don't worry, I haven't read anything in any of the threads in here.)

Admin-PMiller wrote:- Expectations for playing and what you want out of the experience - Style and parts of the gaming you like best.

I think fundamentally, if the DM and other players aren't willing to allow any space for role playing, then the rest of the experience tends to become somewhat diminished. For starters (literally) it would be nice to have some reason for why all these characters are hanging out together and implicitly trusting each other in the face of danger. So the story, basically is what I like best.

Admin-PMiller wrote:- Anticipated frequency of participation

Between now and January 5th, several times a day. After that, at least once a day during the week, and perhaps several times a day on the weekends. If I am going to miss a day or more I can communicate this to the DM ahead of time. If it is helpful, I can often know what times of day I will usually be available the day before and can communicate that as well.
goatmeal
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:10 am

Thanks. I replied in other threads.

You are correct, no openings at this time. But things change. I did point you to another game though. 8)
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby jflo2415 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Hey everyone, I stumbled across this while I was looking at another forum and I thought I'd go ahead and post my interest. I haven't read too many of the more recent posts so I don't even know if there's a spot for me anywhere currently but I can be patient.

I'm still relatively new to D & D but I"m involved in several games on TTW, mostly 3.5 but with one 4e game and I'm picking up the rules quickly. All of my games except for one are PBP so I've become very familiar in a very short time with the ebb and flow of the game through that medium and I realize that it requires a lot of patience on everyone's part. Mostly I'm just trying to become as immersed as possible so I thought one more game would be good for me and some short adventures to help me with character development and such are welcome. Except in very rare circumstances I'll always post at least once a day in a game that I'm a part of and, barring disaster, will always notify the rest of the players and the DM ahead of time when I won't be able to post.

So now what? :)
jflo2415
Villager
Villager

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]