The Adventurer's Guild Registry - Come here first!!

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: The Adventurer's Guild Registry - Come here first!!

Postby DMVerdandi » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:34 pm

Registering here.

As far as D&D goes, I have been reading the books for some time now, but only have theoretical knowledge. I have a fine grasp of the mechanics and roleplaying however.
As far as what types of characters I am attracted to, it would probably go casters first, experts second, and warriors third.
I really hope to get started soon though, as my christmas break is coming up, and it would be a cool gift to put to use my 3.5 book collection which I have never been able to play :oops:
DMVerdandi

Postby Mantis » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:03 am

Welcome DMVerdandi.

Patience Grasshopper. When you can snatch the pebble from my palm you will be ready. :mrgreen:

Seriously though, play by post games, while they can be very rich and satisfying, they can also be slow, both to play and to set up. The holidays also can change the pace of things, some people have more time to play, others are traveling and have less.

There are some great DM's here and some really good games. Patience will be rewarded. :mrgreen:
Mantis
Unlimited Spam Police

Postby PMiller » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:47 am

Sorry, I thought I put this in the initial post of the Registry. I will have to correct that.

Questions I usually ask all newcomers recently to get a better feel of them:
    - Your experience with the rules - More details than in your other post, please
    - Your experience with PbP - More details than in your other post, please
    - Expectations for playing and what you want out of the experience - Style and parts of the gaming you like best.
    - Anticipated frequency of participation
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby DMVerdandi » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Admin-PMiller wrote:Sorry, I thought I put this in the initial post of the Registry. I will have to correct that.

Questions I usually ask all newcomers recently to get a better feel of them:
    - Your experience with the rules - More details than in your other post, please
    - Your experience with PbP - More details than in your other post, please
    - Expectations for playing and what you want out of the experience - Style and parts of the gaming you like best.
    - Anticipated frequency of participation

My experience with the rules is I understand all rules based terms, character creation, roles and modifiers, etc.
I.e I understand all of the language and rules of dungeons and dragons that a player needs.

My experience with PBP is zero.

My expectations for playing is to have fun with an adventure that has lots of combat, but a nice story to pull it together. My favorite style is mostly combat based, with the scale of setting going from small to large, and possibly with plenty of factions, organizations, and governments. Mission-based/Mercenary-style is also quite awesome.

Anticipated frequency of participation is daily/multiple times per week.
DMVerdandi

Postby Jonnym » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi I'm looking for an active PbP RPG site/forum (whatever you want to call it)

However my only drawback is that after consulting a couple of sites I have no clue how to start - Until I came across this site.

So here's what I know/don't know about PbP:

- I don't have a clue about the rules. However I'm confident that I am competent enough to learn them and also not foolish enough to not take people's advice
- As I don't have time/people to play DnD-like games in real life I am keen to play them online (in the manner of PbP)
- I know the general gist of dice-rolling to reach an outcome (however I don't always know when a dice roll is applicable eg. climbing a tree!)

Like I've said, I'm very keen to get involved in RPG games with anyone here and the main thing I'm looking for is an entertaining adventure which poses some sort of challenge that the group overcomes (or does not overcome!)

Looking forward to a reply

EDIT: I also understand how to post in RPG 'language' and am not looking to butcher any game by saying, "LOL," while in character. I'm also looking for where to create a character as I made one for another site which turned out to be not being used anymore. Thanks again :)
Jonnym

Postby PMiller » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:57 am

Welcome Jonnym.

Since you are going to play Rodgin's 3.5ed game, focus on that for now. We have a group that might need players later (in a week or two), but we don't have another group starting yet. So you can think about a character concept or two and we can discuss in the Character Builds Thread, but hold off making any character sheets for now.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby longshanks » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:45 am

Hi,

I've done lots of roleplaying and am quite familar with D&D 3.5 (currently playing in a campaign once/week); but am new to PbP.

I just read through the last year or so of the Saltmarsh game on this site (first IC, then OOC threads) and think I understand what is going on; and would like to give this a try, starting with a low-level Adventurer's Guild story. I should be able to post daily without problems.

I've created and submitted a character (which I *think* is correctly built! ;-) and have posted here. What's the next step?

thanks!
longshanks
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:17 am

Welcome. I will start checking your sheet this weekend.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby longshanks » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks. If outdoor tracking not needed (Ranger in party or mostly indoor dungeons), I can re-arrange Longshank's feats/skills to be better versus Undead (Improved turning, Know(Rel) of 5, etc.) instead. I'm happy to do what is needed to balance a group.
longshanks
Villager
Villager

Postby PMiller » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:41 am

There are ways around needing tracking. Guard dog with scent for example. We don't know what the next adventure will be so I would stick with more versatile choices. You will have an opportunity to tweak your character before the first combat and we have an idea of the other characters. I answered in the other thread and we can continue discussion there.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Auroch » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:52 am

Checking in as instructed. I'm still perusing the rest of the site but I thought I should go ahead and register here.

My experience with D&D rules goes back to the 2nd edition, which I played and DMed for years in a PnP campaign. I got back into to it online with 3.5 edition but have only played it for a couple months. So I have a firm grasp of the basics (character generation, turn structure, tactical movement) but I don't have a lot of experience with this ruleset.

As I said I only have about 2 months of PbP experience, having started in a couple games on another site that seemed to fall apart before they begin. In that time I have become generally familiar with the flow of forum-based games and online dice-rollers. I'm looking forward to getting to play in a game that lasts longer than a few weeks without players dropping out.

My expectation is to find a lasting game where I can explore the 3.5 edition rules, build a fleshed-out character and watch him gradually grow in ability, and engage in exciting cooperative storytelling. I tend towards longer posts, enjoying more flavor text than just bare bones character actions.

I expect to be posting 3-5 times during the week and sporadically on weekends. More frequent posts are very possible but I'd rather under promise and over deliver.

If you let me know of any upcoming available slots in already made parties I will work on a character that would compliment the talents they already possess. Otherwise I'll just start from scratch.
Auroch

Postby PMiller » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:33 am

Welcome, Auroch.

Right now we don't have any openings in the current groups for a 1st level character. Unless we get a DM to step up I don't know when we will be starting a new Group either.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Sertorius » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Hello everyone. I have very little actual playing experience but have read through all of the 3.5 dnd books for fun, just never had real oportunities to play. Looking forward to giving it a try online. I'm willing to learn new rules and games but i will ask questions. I'm interested in Dungeons and Dragons mostly, and can post daily. Hoping to join a fairly new game to experience the beginning of a character on, but I'm not stuck on that. I have a character sheet completed for a level 1 monk, but I'm not sure how to post it.
Sertorius

Postby PMiller » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:38 am

Welcome.

Right now we don't have any openings in the current groups for a 1st level character. Unless we get a DM to step up, I don't know when we will be starting a new Group either.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby BigLee » Tue May 08, 2012 1:01 pm

Hello. It's been a long time since I've played by post and even longer since I've played IRL. I started with D&D basic rules and have played through to some 3.5, although not alot. I even have 4e books, but I've not dared get into those too deeply just yet.

I've played several PbP games, but they all seem to fall to the same 'ol fate, due to lack of interest after a while.

I'm looking for a game to join, or start with a group. I like to try new characters, but I'd love to be a part of a long term game as well.

I work in front of my computer all day, so I can post multiple times a day.

I look forward to meeting some of you and your characters.

BigLee
BigLee

PreviousNext

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]