The Adventurer's Guild Registry - Come here first!!

Image Image Image
This is a location-based series of adventures.

Moderator: PMiller

The Adventurer's Guild Registry - Come here first!!

Postby PMiller » Fri May 28, 2010 4:40 am

Welcome adventurers. The Adventurer's Guild offers a place for new and returning members to get started playing here on URPGs. Our doors are always open.

Please sign here before posting elsewhere else on the Guild's threads & answer these questions:
    - Your experience with the rules
    - Your experience with PbP
    - Expectations for playing and what you want out of the experience - Style and parts of the gaming you like best.
    - Anticipated frequency of participation

The Adventurer's Guild is a location-based setting. The Guild offers training in their arena and contracts for short scenarios for adventurers just starting their careers (1st level). Character parties can vary in size, but probably between 2-6 players. Once a few players are ready to form a team they can begin when a DM is available things can get started. This is not a player versus player (PvP) environment, and characters are expected to work as a team like most fully developed campaigns. Scenarios can link together forming a campaign, lasting as long as the group remains together. Anyone interested in running a short scenario please contact the Guild Adjutant (Admin-PMiller) via Private Message.

Rule Sets:
D&D 3.5Ed Rule Set
Use any of these resources
- Core 3.5 books (or the SRD covering them)
- Complete series (Warrior, Arcane, Mage, Divine, Adventurer, Scoundrel, Champion)
- The Race of series(Stone, Dragon, Wild, Destiny)

Character Generation:
Characters are level 1
Abilities - 32 point buy
Max HP at Level 1, we will use 75% rule after that
Animal Companions will us the HP rules, max for 1st HD and 75% after that.
Max ECL of +1
Normal 3.5 creation, average money or starting package listed.
Once a class skill is always a class skill
No specific alignment restrictions, but can depend on DM's scenario.
Brief background and appearance should be developed.
Online character sheet at: Myth-Weavers

Leveling up:
After an encounter where the experience reward is enough to level up, the character may do so immediately. However, spell casters will have to follow resting/spell preparation requirements before being able to use their new spells. For Hit Points at level up, use the 75% rule. For d10 and d6 that is not a round number, so at even numbered class levels round down and odd class levels round up.

When you register, please include a sentence or two about your experience in D&D and Play by Post (PbP).

Character Builds are submitted in the Character Builds - OOC thread.
General Discussion issues are posted in The Guild OOC Discussions thread.
Other Topics to be read are: Guild Rules & Useful Information

There is also a Current Roster and Treasures to see the active characters and the groups. The setting location also has some basic information as well here.

Individual games have their own In Character (IC) and Out of Character (OOC) threads. BUT, do not start reading through them until after communicating with the DM.

Happy Adventuring.
Last edited by PMiller on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:10 am, edited 9 times in total.
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby DM Ari » Fri May 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Hey, all. I'm new to d&d, currently playing two games (adventurers for hire and purgatory). So far I'm enjoying it, but you'd have to ask the other players to see how well I'm playing. Of course, I did shoot a tree because I forgot to move my character, so that should be a clue.
Dming
Absolutely Nothing
DM Ari

Postby GerOge » Sat May 29, 2010 3:58 am

Hello,

My name is George and I'm a gamer. [RPG Anonymous Crowd: Hi George!]

Yup, when it comes to the Underdark, the City of Towers, a galaxy far far away, or the post-apocalyptic wastelands of North America, I've visited and, where appropriate, triggered a volcano beneath the enemy town.

As a player, I've tried most of the spectrum of magic/psionics. Only pure combat character I ever had was a Drunken Master and (not knocking those who enjoy it) I found it too limited for options.

As a GM, I have a bit less experience but tend to run games that have everyone nervous at some points though most of the players usually make it out mostly alive :twisted: Mostly.

I love strategy, puzzles and a challenge. Looking forward to trying something new here! Also playing in DM Ash's City of Blood campaign.
GerOge
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Sat May 29, 2010 4:07 am

Welcome Ari. I will review your Goliath when it is posted back up again.

Welcome GerOge. If you want to play, go ahead and post your character in the Character OOC thread.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby latvius » Sat May 29, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi,
Sorry about not following directions, I actually did read the instructions, but for some reason did not get "the message". I am fairly new to PbP and DnD in general beyond 1st edition. So I am learning 3.5 and have a character in Pathfinder with hopes to play soon. I got away from DnD and occupied my RPG desire with computer games, but once I found this PbP I am charged up! It fits my time schedule, a little bit each day but not and ALL day event.

DM-PMiller I have updated my character sheet with your helpful advice, please review again and let me know if something is wrong or unusual, since I am new at 3.5 and I am still learning feats and skills and other stuff any advice would be greatly appreciated.
latvius
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Sat May 29, 2010 3:49 pm

Welcome Latvius. I will review again.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Oskatat » Sat May 29, 2010 5:29 pm

Most forums I've been to know me as Oskatat, hi all

I've had experience at DnD 3rd and 2nd ed IRL, but when my group broke up due to some members moving to a different city, and i couldnt find a new group, I tried online, where it was mostly 3.5 ed. Most forums I joined suffered a similar fate and I all but gave up on it a few years ago, but decided to try again recently.

I tried a sci-fi d20, but it never got launched. Designing my own spacecraft was fun though

the character now is a rogue, but i am comfortable playing almost anything, though i have never yet played a paladin. Unless i can play a chaos paladin, its unlikely to happen
Only people with both feet on the ground can build castles in the sky
Oskatat
Villager
Villager

Postby Herzog » Sat May 29, 2010 6:09 pm

I'm interested in this and I'll take a shot at it. My experience is limited both in DnD in general and PbP. I'm playing in Saltmarsh game right now, and that is my first game by PbP. I feel that I need more experience and this looks like a interesting way to get it. I'll see about getting a character up this weekend...
Herzog
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Sat May 29, 2010 6:11 pm

Welcome Herzog and Oskatat.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Doros » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Hello all, found this thread rather interesting. I've played PbP and table top, I prefer 3.5 D&D and look forward to playing here if I can
Doros
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby PMiller » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:16 pm

Welcome Doros.

We can discuss things in 2 different places:
1. We can discuss game issues on the Guild OOC Discussions thread.
2. And you can post your character ideas on the Character Build OOC thread.

Game #1 is in progress, but I can work you in once your character is ready. Or you can wait for a few more people and we can start Game #2.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Shadow Bright » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:12 am

I've played DnD tabletop many years ago until I ran out of players in my area. Discovered PbP a few years back. I also prefer 3.5.

Anybody in the wings for game 2?
Shadow Bright
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:03 am

Welcome Shadow Bright. :)

Yes, Game #1 is pretty much maxed out and I don't have anyone waiting on deck, either. When Doros dropped in yesterday and was ready to go, I put him in right away (kinda wish I waited now, but too late). I can start a Game #2 with 2-3 players, so who knows. Take your time on building a character and then post in the Character Build OOC thread and we can see who shows up in the meantime.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby roy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:10 am

If there is still space in Game 2, I am interested. I've played PBEM / PBP for over 15 years now, different systems, from AD&D 2 to D&D 3.5, as well as some of the many other systems.

Are there any preferences as to character classes required?
roy

Postby PMiller » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:18 am

Welcome Roy, go ahead and check out Game #2 IC and OOC threads. First post in IC has everyone's character sheet. DM Bot said it's okay, you can see his comments towards the end of the OOC thread.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Next

Return to The Adventurers' Guild [3.5ed]