The Glitterhame [IC]

Image Image ImageImageImage
Series of adventures set in Greyhawk's campaign setting. The adventurers are currency running through the ancient dwarven stronghold under the Stone Tooth.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:48 am

Day 14, 11:43 - The FoundryThe group repeated their technique of carefully checking for traps at the next three doors. Each room was revealed to be more of the dwarven stronghold's living quarters for soldiers and officers most likely. All three had been thoroughly ransacked ages ago. There were a few corpses, long dead and not undead. Searching the debris turned up nothing valuable and no secret doors on the walls.

Looking ahead to the next set of doors, the hallway led to a second open chamber about 30 feet deep and 40 feet wide. Three door also opened into the room and another dark pool waited in a low stone basin near the center of the chamber.

The room was littered with the remains of old warriors. No less than seven dwarven corpses lay where they fell a hundred years ago, surrounded by a least a dozen orc warriors.

Someone already went through the trouble to strip the dead of their arms and armor, leaving behind a handful of broken weapons and shattered shields.

Tactical Map | Show
Notes:
1. Cavern squares with more than 25% being filled by walls are considered difficult terrain and invoke squeezing penalties (-4 AC & Attacks)
2. Broken benches, medium bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Vlad:       53/53 HP remaining;
Orekk:      27/56 HP remaining;  Longstrider (1684r);
Hellsing:   50/50 HP remaining;
Morrolan:   47/56 HP remaining; 3 Wisdom Dmg;
Araella:    17/34 HP remaining; Mage Armor (3013r);
  Sid:      18/18 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect for all: None

Orekk Spells Remaining:  Orisons->4/5; 1st Level-> 2/5; 2nd Level-> 5/5; 3rd Level-> 2/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 2/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 4/4
Hellsing: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
Orekk: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (34 charges)
Orekk: Wand of Lesser Vigor (44 charges)
Morrolan Spells Remaining: SLAs-> 4/5; Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 5/7; 2nd Level-> 2/4
Araella Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 1/6; 1st Level-> 0/7; 2nd Level-> 1/6; 3rd Level-> 3/4
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12519
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby FrancisJohn » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:31 am

Seeing the basin of water and the fallen dwarven warriors up ahead, Araella's fingertips start to crackle withe familiar sensation of electricity unhinged.


Actions | Show


Araella's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
HP: 29/37 NL: 0
Init: +6

AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 15
Fort: 4 Ref: 4 Will: 7

Level 0: 1/6
Level 1: 0/7
Level 2: 1/6
Level 3: 3/4

Light Crossbow: +6 1d8 (armed)
Morningstar: +2 1d8-1

Bluff: +13
Concentration: +11
K. Arcana: +11
Spellcraft: +13
Use Magic Device: +13
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby Vlad » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:35 am

The process of the checking out the next few rooms went by quick for Vlad. There were not animated carpets or skeletons to deal with, and the rooms were picked over presumable by the Orc raiders. It gave the swachbuckler a bit of melancholy as he imaged what the defenders last moments must have been like and the hopelessness of their situation. At least it looks like most of the dwarfs went down fighting.

As the group moved further down the corridor, Vlad was able to see the large room with a pool in the middle. He was feeling a bit cautious, since it was an large, open room. But they will deal with it when they get to it.

"Finish up these last two rooms, and then we check out the large room?"

Vlad moved up to one the last doors before the large room. He waited for Orekk to back him open, and then opened it.

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action: Move to i54
Standard Action:


Vlad Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 20 , Tch 15, FF 16
HP 53/53
Fort+6 , Ref +4 , Will +1
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand: rapier
User avatar
Vlad
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:02 am

After whispering a blessing over the fallen dwarven warriors, Orekk joined his companions in the corridor.
"Aye these two doors then into the open area."
Orekk moves back into the corridor and readies himself for the next challenge behind the door.

Actions | Show
Move Action: Move to I-55
Standard action: stand ready to open the door when his companions are ready, shield up.

Touch of Healing ( Complete Champion, p. 62)
[Reserve] You can channel divine energy into healing with a touch.
Prerequisite Ability to cast 2nd-level spells,
Benefit :As long as you have a conjuration (healing) spell of 2nd level or higher available to cast, you can spend a standard action to touch a target creature and heal 3 points of damage per level of the highest-level conjuration (healing) spell you have available to cast. You can use this ability only on a target that has been reduced to one-half or fewer of its total hit points. The effect ends once you've healed the subject up to half its normal maximum hit points. This ability has no effect on creatures that can't be healed by cure spells. As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting conjuration (healing) spells.


Orekk's Mini-Stats | Show
Orekk's Sheet
Current AC: 23 (12 Touch/22 Flatfoot) (+1 deflection bonus to AC against attacks from evil creatures.).
Current HP: 43/56
Current Weapon In Hand: Masterwork Morningstar.
Spells In Effect: Longstrider, Know Dev +2 vs. Deurgar
Conditions: None.

Orekk Spells Remaining: Orisons->4/5; 1st Level-> 2/5; 2nd Level-> 5/5; 3rd Level-> 2/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 5/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 4/4
Orekk: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (34 charges)
Orekk: Wand of Lesser Vigor (44 charges)
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby Morrolan » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:21 pm

Watching the corpsesMorrolan moved up as Araella tensed for action.

He spoke low, his deep voice not carrying farther than his companions, “Let me watch over the room ahead, then. I think our rear is relatively safe at the moment.”

Still holding the spiked chain, he was ready should any of the dead rise while the others were preoccupied with the doors and rooms revealed.

Actions | Show
Move to J56

Morrolan's Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 19 (16 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
Current HP: 47/56 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Chain (both)

Current Conditions: 3 Wisdom Dmg (-2 Will SV, Spot/Listen)
Spells:
Spell like abilities: 4/5
Cantrips remaining: 6/6
1st-level remaining: 4/7
2nd-level remaining: 2/4
User avatar
Morrolan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Saltmarsh

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:25 pm

“Yes, that sounds wise.”

Hellsing kept her voice down, the bare minimum to speak to her companions. She did not like how exposed they were. It somehow felt like a trap, with that large open area in front them. Also, there was the matter of the fountain. She recalled the other fountain they had encountered, and wondered if this one would be similarly possessed.

She moved to the door that Orekk would eventually open, and checked it.

spoiler: show
Move Action: to I53.
Standard Action: Take 20 on a +13 Search of door for traps; if locked but not trapped, take 20 on a +7 Open Lock.

Free Action: None.
Current AC: 21 AC (20 AC +1 Skirmish AC) (17 Flatfooted, 16 Touch)
Current HP: 50/50 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Composite Longbow.
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:14 am

Day 14, 11:47 - The FoundryThe door Hellsing checked proved to be unlocked and she found no traps. A thorough check of the other one across the hall was the same. Opening the each in turn showed a barracks room for 6 in the first room, with broken furniture scattered throughout. There were no bodies in this room.

The room on the other side of the hallway was larger. Rows of empty weapon racks and a dozen or more stands for missing suits of armor indicate that the room was once an armory. Some debris littered the floor; wrecked stands ad hacked arming dummies. From the hallway nothing of value was readily apparent.

Tactical Map | Show
Notes:
1. Cavern squares with more than 25% being filled by walls are considered difficult terrain and invoke squeezing penalties (-4 AC & Attacks)
2. Broken benches, medium bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Continual Flame headbands (Morrolan & Vlad)

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Vlad:       53/53 HP remaining;
Orekk:      27/56 HP remaining;  Longstrider (1644r);
Hellsing:   50/50 HP remaining;
Morrolan:   47/56 HP remaining; 3 Wisdom Dmg;
Araella:    17/34 HP remaining; Mage Armor (3273r);
  Sid:      18/18 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect for all: None

Orekk Spells Remaining:  Orisons->4/5; 1st Level-> 2/5; 2nd Level-> 5/5; 3rd Level-> 2/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 2/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 4/4
Hellsing: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
Orekk: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (34 charges)
Orekk: Wand of Lesser Vigor (44 charges)
Morrolan Spells Remaining: SLAs-> 4/5; Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 5/7; 2nd Level-> 2/4
Araella Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 1/6; 1st Level-> 0/7; 2nd Level-> 1/6; 3rd Level-> 3/4
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12519
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby Vlad » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:37 am

"Hmm, more of the same, " Vlad said as they opened the last two rooms in the hallway. The rooms contained more signs of the defenders last struggle. Nothing of note could be seen from the hallway, and the swashbuckler figured they could move on.

"A quick check of the rooms, or do we move on and examine the corpses? Hopefully, they are not the kind that get back up after many years."

Vlad moved up next to Morrolan and glanced around the room with the dead bodies and the pool. His mind flashed back to the wight or whatever undead it was that fought only a little bit ago when they first entered this section.

"Now what?'

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action: Move to i56
Standard Action:


Vlad Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 20 , Tch 15, FF 16
HP 53/53
Fort+6 , Ref +4 , Will +1
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand: rapier
User avatar
Vlad
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:03 am

“We might as well check them,” Hellsing said. “We have been thorough so far, after all.”

She debated about which to check first, but decided that the simplest room was best. The smaller barracks room, then. She moved inside and moved around, checking quickly. She didn’t think that she would find anything, but one never knew.

spoiler: show
Move Action: walk around, approximately G52, E55, F55, taking 10 on +13 Search at each stop.
Standard Action:

Free Action: None.
Current AC: 21 AC (20 AC +1 Skirmish AC) (17 Flatfooted, 16 Touch)
Current HP: 50/50 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Composite Longbow.
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby Morrolan » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:11 pm

Watching the corpsesMorrolan stood at the hallway's entrance to the chamber with the pool and dead bodies. Nothing had stirred.

He answers Vlad, "Well, I be close enough at the moment that if these dead were of the undead variety, I am sure they would have rose up and caused trouble. But you are right, with that wraith or whatever it was roaming here, it's unlikely much else would be lurking to attack."

"I wonder if that invisible gray dwarf came this way. That secret passage was around the general area, methinks."

Actions | Show
Stay put

Morrolan's Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 19 (16 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
Current HP: 47/56 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Chain (both)

Current Conditions: 3 Wisdom Dmg (-2 Will SV, Spot/Listen)
Spells:
Spell like abilities: 4/5
Cantrips remaining: 6/6
1st-level remaining: 4/7
2nd-level remaining: 2/4
User avatar
Morrolan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Saltmarsh

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Orekk took a few moments to speak a prayer for the fallen warrior over the various dead. While the rooms were searched.
"If the greybeard be still about, I would be surprised. Fled for help or gone to ground."
"Lets see what these other doors have behind them."
"Southern on first?"

Actions | Show
Move Action: Move to M-60
Standard action: stand ready to open the door when his companions are ready, shield up.

Touch of Healing ( Complete Champion, p. 62)
[Reserve] You can channel divine energy into healing with a touch.
Prerequisite Ability to cast 2nd-level spells,
Benefit :As long as you have a conjuration (healing) spell of 2nd level or higher available to cast, you can spend a standard action to touch a target creature and heal 3 points of damage per level of the highest-level conjuration (healing) spell you have available to cast. You can use this ability only on a target that has been reduced to one-half or fewer of its total hit points. The effect ends once you've healed the subject up to half its normal maximum hit points. This ability has no effect on creatures that can't be healed by cure spells. As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting conjuration (healing) spells.


Orekk's Mini-Stats | Show
Orekk's Sheet
Current AC: 23 (12 Touch/22 Flatfoot) (+1 deflection bonus to AC against attacks from evil creatures.).
Current HP: 43/56
Current Weapon In Hand: Masterwork Morningstar.
Spells In Effect: Longstrider, Know Dev +2 vs. Deurgar
Conditions: None.

Orekk Spells Remaining: Orisons->4/5; 1st Level-> 2/5; 2nd Level-> 5/5; 3rd Level-> 2/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 5/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 4/4
Orekk: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (34 charges)
Orekk: Wand of Lesser Vigor (44 charges)
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby Vlad » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:48 am

"Let's give Hellsing a chance to check the rooms, Orekk. Then we can move on."

Vlad nodded for Hellsing to check the rooms. He moved back in a position to see into both rooms in case the elf needed help.

The swashbuckler continued the conversation with Morrolan and the others.

"Aye, we should check for the secret passage in this area and other rooms. See if we can find out where that invisible dwarf went."

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action: move back to i54
Standard Action:


Vlad Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 20 , Tch 15, FF 16
HP 53/53
Fort+6 , Ref +4 , Will +1
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand: rapier
User avatar
Vlad
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby FrancisJohn » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:54 am

Araella crosses her arms as patiently waits for the others going about their business. I certainly couldn't have done all of this by myself!


Actions | Show


Araella's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
HP: 29/37 NL: 0
Init: +6

AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 15
Fort: 4 Ref: 4 Will: 7

Level 0: 1/6
Level 1: 0/7
Level 2: 1/6
Level 3: 3/4

Light Crossbow: +6 1d8 (armed)
Morningstar: +2 1d8-1

Bluff: +13
Concentration: +11
K. Arcana: +11
Spellcraft: +13
Use Magic Device: +13
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:30 am

Day 14, 11:48 - The FoundryWhile Hellsing searched the looted room, the dwarf had strolled through the corpses to the first door on the right in the chamber with the pool of water. Still the dead remained dead. Orekk had not found or heard anything new from that vantage.

Hellsing's brief look around the ransacked room revealed nothing of note. If anything had been valuable inside the room, previous looters must have gotten it.

Tactical Map | Show
Notes:
1. Cavern squares with more than 25% being filled by walls are considered difficult terrain and invoke squeezing penalties (-4 AC & Attacks)
2. Broken benches, medium bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Continual Flame headbands (Morrolan & Vlad)

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Vlad:       53/53 HP remaining;
Orekk:      27/56 HP remaining;  Longstrider (1640r);
Hellsing:   50/50 HP remaining;
Morrolan:   47/56 HP remaining; 3 Wisdom Dmg;
Araella:    17/34 HP remaining; Mage Armor (3269r);
  Sid:      18/18 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect for all: None

Orekk Spells Remaining:  Orisons->4/5; 1st Level-> 2/5; 2nd Level-> 5/5; 3rd Level-> 2/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 2/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 4/4
Hellsing: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
Orekk: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (34 charges)
Orekk: Wand of Lesser Vigor (44 charges)
Morrolan Spells Remaining: SLAs-> 4/5; Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 5/7; 2nd Level-> 2/4
Araella Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 1/6; 1st Level-> 0/7; 2nd Level-> 1/6; 3rd Level-> 3/4
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12519
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby Vlad » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:18 am

With nothing of note found in the first room, Vlad drifts back into the room with the pool and other corpses. It was doubtful that Hellsing would find anything in the other room. Was was of interest was the three new doors to check out and the pool in the center of the room.

"Should we check out the pool, you think?"

The long hair man stood about 10ft away of said pool, but was hesitant to approach it just yet. He also kept an eye on Orekk. The dwarf had begun investigating the doors.

"Think there would be any secret passage ways in this area?" he asked the dwarf.

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action: move back to I57
Standard Action:


Vlad Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 20 , Tch 15, FF 16
HP 53/53
Fort+6 , Ref +4 , Will +1
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand: rapier
User avatar
Vlad
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Saltmarsh [3.5ed Greyhawk]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron