The Glitterhame [IC]

Image Image ImageImageImage
Series of adventures set in Greyhawk's campaign setting. The adventurers are currency running through the ancient dwarven stronghold under the Stone Tooth.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:00 am

Day 14, 12:02 - The FoundryAraella thought about the woman in light of the suspicions voiced and the blinking departure Idalla took. She thought the power displayed was more like an inherent spell-like ability instead of an actual spell.

Various extra-planar outsiders had natural magic like the aasimar, though the celestial blooded were not known for natural magic for either invisibility or teleportation. There were a few devils that could teleport and at least imps could turn invisible.

Hellsing detected no sounds or movements to betray the presence of an invisible person. Morrolan’s chain did not impact anything either.

Tactical Map | Show
Notes:
1. Cavern squares with more than 25% being filled by walls are considered difficult terrain and invoke squeezing penalties (-4 AC & Attacks)
2. Broken benches, medium bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Continual Flame headbands (Morrolan & Vlad)

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Vlad:       53/53 HP remaining;
Orekk:      56/56 HP remaining;  Longstrider (1479r);
Hellsing:   50/50 HP remaining;
Morrolan:   56/56 HP remaining; 3 Wisdom Dmg;
Araella:    37/37 HP remaining; Mage Armor (3160r);
  Sid:      18/18 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect for all: None

Orekk Spells Remaining:  Orisons->4/5; 1st Level-> 0/5; 2nd Level-> 4/5; 3rd Level-> 2/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 2/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 4/4
Hellsing: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
Orekk: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (34 charges)
Orekk: Wand of Lesser Vigor (41 charges)
Morrolan Spells Remaining: SLAs-> 4/5; Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 5/7; 2nd Level-> 2/4
Araella Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 1/6; 1st Level-> 0/7; 2nd Level-> 1/6; 3rd Level-> 2/4
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:16 am

"Whatever untruths were present they evaded my skills. Lets hope she takes the opportunity to leave us be and not cross our path again." Orekk passed the scroll over for assessment.
"So check the other doors or investigate the library?" Orekk queried.

Actions | Show
Move Action:
Standard action: At doorway

Pierce Illusion (Su): At 3rd level, the church inquisitor gains the supernatural ability to penetrate illusions and disguises at will. The inquisitor must touch an illusion or a creature shrouded in illusion (such as a change self spell). The inquisitor then makes a caster level check as if casting dispel magic against the illusion effect. If he succeeds at this check, the illusion is immediately dispelled. The church inquisitor's +4 bonus on dispel checks (the Inquisition domain granted power) applies to this check as well. In addition, the inquisitor has a +4 competence bonus on Spot checks against the Disguise skill.

Touch of Healing ( Complete Champion, p. 62)
[Reserve] You can channel divine energy into healing with a touch.
Prerequisite Ability to cast 2nd-level spells,
Benefit :As long as you have a conjuration (healing) spell of 2nd level or higher available to cast, you can spend a standard action to touch a target creature and heal 3 points of damage per level of the highest-level conjuration (healing) spell you have available to cast. You can use this ability only on a target that has been reduced to one-half or fewer of its total hit points. The effect ends once you've healed the subject up to half its normal maximum hit points. This ability has no effect on creatures that can't be healed by cure spells. As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting conjuration (healing) spells.


Orekk's Mini-Stats | Show
Orekk's Sheet
Current AC: 23 (12 Touch/22 Flatfoot) (+1 deflection bonus to AC against attacks from evil creatures.).
Current HP: 43/56
Current Weapon In Hand: Masterwork Morningstar.
Spells In Effect: Longstrider, Know Dev +2 vs. Deurgar
Conditions: None.

Orekk Spells Remaining: Orisons->4/5; 1st Level-> 2/5; 2nd Level-> 5/5; 3rd Level-> 2/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 5/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 4/4
Orekk: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (34 charges)
Orekk: Wand of Lesser Vigor (44 charges)
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:10 pm

Hellsing’s eyes followed the arc of Morrolan’s chain as it snapped through the air in a blur. It met no resistance and Morrolan drew it back to his side with an artful flick of his wrist.

“I don’t hear or see any signs of something invisible,” she said, even as she kept looking. “Perhaps she did really depart.”

She turned to Morrolan again.

“My thought on the enchantment was perhaps it was a barrier that allowed creatures of good heart to pass through while creatures not of good heart would be trapped inside. If only a person of good heart could pass, and allow non-good people to pass with their help or permission, then those of us who are not of good heart could enter, but not exit, and we would be trapped within, just as Idalla was.”

She shrugged. She did not feel that she was a bad person; she thought she was fair and just, and quite able to see that helping those who needed help was an act that benefitted everyone. She had previously assumed such values were ‘good.’ Her mistrust of Idalla had been motivated by a desire to protect her companions, which was a good value to possess. But perhaps she was not good after all. Morality was a strange thing, she supposed. Perhaps it was her detachment from the minutiae that shorter-lived races like humans were so concerned with that made her something less than of good heart.

If that was so, there was nothing she could do about it now.

She walked over to the door near the others.

“Let me search this door right here first. Then I will step into the library and try the other door as well. If I become trapped as Idalla was, then one of you good-hearted people will have to help me to come out.”

spoiler: show
Move Action: to L64.
Standard Action: Listen (17), Spot (17)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... st12079948

Take 20 on a +13 Search of door at L64.

Free Action: None.
Current AC: 21 AC (20 AC +1 Skirmish AC) (17 Flatfooted, 16 Touch)
Current HP: 50/50 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Composite Longbow.
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Araella Silverkin

Postby FrancisJohn » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:56 am

As she continues to glance over the text of the scroll, Araella ruminates on the nature of the last encounter. "So, I've been thinking. When Idalla disappeared, it didn't really seem like a spell.... maybe more of some kind of natural ability. From what I've heard about the aasimar, I didn't think they could teleport or vanish." There was a brief pause as Araella continued to pore over the scroll.

Araella's voice got a touch more somber. "Those sorts of abilities are more the work of devils or imps... you know, those things we might call outsiders." She absent-mindlessly continued to speak aloud to no one in particular. "That seems like a good idea. Try the doors." And her voice fades off as she gets lost back in the scroll. "Ooh, yes libraries. I love libraries...."


Actions | Show
To identify the scroll
Spellcraft: 25 (Take 10 + Skill 15)
Araella's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
HP: 37/37 NL: 0
Init: +6

AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 15
Fort: 4 Ref: 4 Will: 7

Level 0: 1/6
Level 1: 0/7
Level 2: 1/6
Level 3: 2/4

Light Crossbow: +6 1d8 (armed)
Morningstar: +2 1d8-1

Bluff: +13
Concentration: +11
K. Arcana: +11
Spellcraft: +13
Use Magic Device: +13
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby PMiller » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:14 am

Day 14, 12:04 - The FoundryAraella studied the scroll and found there were four spells on it: Alarm, Alter Self, Reduce Person, and Shield.

Hellsing did not hear anything from behind the door, nor spotted anything unusual. She did not detect any traps set about the door.

So far both Morrolan and Orekk, both men of good hearts, had passed in and out of the library without feeling anything.

Without seeing the sun, it was hard to tell exactly what time it was. But it must have been getting past noon according to rumbling of the group's stomachs. Adventuring in a dungeon was hard work and generated a good appetite.

Tactical Map | Show
Notes:
1. Cavern squares with more than 25% being filled by walls are considered difficult terrain and invoke squeezing penalties (-4 AC & Attacks)
2. Broken benches, medium bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Continual Flame headbands (Morrolan & Vlad)

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Vlad:       53/53 HP remaining;
Orekk:      56/56 HP remaining;  Longstrider (1459r);
Hellsing:   50/50 HP remaining;
Morrolan:   56/56 HP remaining; 3 Wisdom Dmg;
Araella:    37/37 HP remaining; Mage Armor (3140r);
  Sid:      18/18 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect for all: None

Orekk Spells Remaining:  Orisons->4/5; 1st Level-> 0/5; 2nd Level-> 4/5; 3rd Level-> 2/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 2/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 4/4
Hellsing: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
Orekk: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (34 charges)
Orekk: Wand of Lesser Vigor (41 charges)
Morrolan Spells Remaining: SLAs-> 4/5; Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 5/7; 2nd Level-> 2/4
Araella Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 1/6; 1st Level-> 0/7; 2nd Level-> 1/6; 3rd Level-> 2/4
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:32 pm

“Oh really? That is very interesting, Araella.”

Hellsing looked over at Araella, turning away from the door for a moment. She mused over her words, then moved to check on the other door.

“I know little of such planar creatures, except how to kill them.” Hellsing shrugged. “So was she telling the truth about being from another plane? Are devils and imps from other planes? Is that how we classify the hells where they come from?”

She checked the other door in the room.

spoiler: show
Move Action: to H64.
Standard Action: Take 20 on a +13 Search of door at H64.

Free Action: None.
Current AC: 21 AC (20 AC +1 Skirmish AC) (17 Flatfooted, 16 Touch)
Current HP: 50/50 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Composite Longbow.
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby Morrolan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:05 pm

Guarding the rear againMorrolan thought about Outsiders and the extra-planar. He did not know a whole lot. “I have learned some basic tactics that can provide me a tactical edge against them, but I cannot fully answer much more. But I think that is how we would classify them, Hellsing. The aasimar and tiefling cross-breeds are in that same type as well.”

Actions | Show
Knowledge The Planes (13)

Morrolan's Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 19 (16 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
Current HP: 47/56 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Chain (both)

Current Conditions: 3 Wisdom Dmg (-2 Will SV, Spot/Listen)
Spells:
Spell like abilities: 2/5
Cantrips remaining: 6/6
1st-level remaining: 4/7
2nd-level remaining: 2/4
User avatar
Morrolan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Saltmarsh

Re: Araella Silverkin

Postby FrancisJohn » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:23 am

Finally content in analyzing the contents of the scrolls, she pipes up, "Would you guys mind if I held onto these, at least for the time being? And also, I know I may not look like I eat too much, but there's a rumbly in my tumbly. Want to take a short break to eat? Getting choked out by a magic rug takes a lot out of a girl."

The present of threat of whatever Idalla may be removed for the time being, brightened Araella's mood just a bit.


Actions | Show
To identify the scroll
Spellcraft: 25 (Take 10 + Skill 15)
Araella's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
HP: 37/37 NL: 0
Init: +6

AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 15
Fort: 4 Ref: 4 Will: 7

Level 0: 1/6
Level 1: 0/7
Level 2: 1/6
Level 3: 2/4

Light Crossbow: +6 1d8 (armed)
Morningstar: +2 1d8-1

Bluff: +13
Concentration: +11
K. Arcana: +11
Spellcraft: +13
Use Magic Device: +13
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby sirfinn » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:57 am

"What spells are upon the scrolls Araella?" Orekk queried as he considered where he would drop his pack and shield to rest a bit. Finding a wall he rested his shield against it and his morningstar.
The pack next and within it he removed his waterskin and a wrapped bundle.
Squatting down with his back to the wall he took the opportunity to chew on some dried venison jerky between a mouthful of water.

Actions | Show
Move Action:
Standard action: rest at M-62

Pierce Illusion (Su): At 3rd level, the church inquisitor gains the supernatural ability to penetrate illusions and disguises at will. The inquisitor must touch an illusion or a creature shrouded in illusion (such as a change self spell). The inquisitor then makes a caster level check as if casting dispel magic against the illusion effect. If he succeeds at this check, the illusion is immediately dispelled. The church inquisitor's +4 bonus on dispel checks (the Inquisition domain granted power) applies to this check as well. In addition, the inquisitor has a +4 competence bonus on Spot checks against the Disguise skill.

Touch of Healing ( Complete Champion, p. 62)
[Reserve] You can channel divine energy into healing with a touch.
Prerequisite Ability to cast 2nd-level spells,
Benefit :As long as you have a conjuration (healing) spell of 2nd level or higher available to cast, you can spend a standard action to touch a target creature and heal 3 points of damage per level of the highest-level conjuration (healing) spell you have available to cast. You can use this ability only on a target that has been reduced to one-half or fewer of its total hit points. The effect ends once you've healed the subject up to half its normal maximum hit points. This ability has no effect on creatures that can't be healed by cure spells. As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting conjuration (healing) spells.


Orekk's Mini-Stats | Show
Orekk's Sheet
Current AC: 23 (12 Touch/22 Flatfoot) (+1 deflection bonus to AC against attacks from evil creatures.).
Current HP: 43/56
Current Weapon In Hand: Masterwork Morningstar.
Spells In Effect: Longstrider, Know Dev +2 vs. Deurgar
Conditions: None.

Orekk Spells Remaining: Orisons->4/5; 1st Level-> 2/5; 2nd Level-> 5/5; 3rd Level-> 2/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 5/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 4/4
Orekk: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (34 charges)
Orekk: Wand of Lesser Vigor (44 charges)
User avatar
sirfinn
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:50 am

Re: Araella Silverkin

Postby FrancisJohn » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:03 am

Araella picks her head up out of her pack, then she frowns and her cheeks redden as she realizes how rude and self-centered she often could be. "Oh.... s-s-sorry.... my manners. There are four spells. One that sets an alarm around the area while we rest. The second one can transform one of us into any other kind of human-like creature. One can make a single on of us smaller, and the last one can set up an invisible force shield." She offers him an apologetic smile. "I should have told you guys. Sometimes I don't know where my mind goes."

Food. It goes on food.


Actions | Show
Araella's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
HP: 37/37 NL: 0
Init: +6

AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 15
Fort: 4 Ref: 4 Will: 7

Level 0: 1/6
Level 1: 0/7
Level 2: 1/6
Level 3: 2/4

Light Crossbow: +6 1d8 (armed)
Morningstar: +2 1d8-1

Bluff: +13
Concentration: +11
K. Arcana: +11
Spellcraft: +13
Use Magic Device: +13
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby Vlad » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:30 am

Vlad blinked as the woman blipped out of existence.

"Well, that is that," he said with some finality. At least they wouldn't have to worry about trying to protect some one as they continue to venture in the stronghold.

Hellsing and the others began checking out the library and supposedly cell of the mysterious woman. THe swashbuckler hesitated and stood gaurd outside as the others ventured in.

He nodded as Araella found some useful spells on some scrolls.

"So anything else?" he asked.

actions | Show
Free Action:
Move Action: move to K63
Standard Action:


Vlad Mini-stats | Show
Init +4, Speed 30ft
AC 20 , Tch 15, FF 16
HP 53/53
Fort+6 , Ref +4 , Will +1
Conditions: None
Weapon in Hand: rapier
User avatar
Vlad
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby Morrolan » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:31 pm

Lunch BreakMorrolan nodded appreciatively, “Those sound like useful spells. I wonder why Idalla had not taken them. Mayhap she did not know they were there, or could not read them. Could be more evidence that she was no mage.” He shrugged.

With Orekk sitting down on the floor, the big man looked back in the library and gestured with a thumb over his shoulder. “I think I am going to sit in a chair to eat my rations. Hellsing, after you check that door, are you going to come in here to check these as well?”

He moved back into the library and claimed a chair.

Actions | Show
Sit at P62

Morrolan's Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 19 (16 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
Current HP: 47/56 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Spiked Chain (both)

Current Conditions: 3 Wisdom Dmg (-2 Will SV, Spot/Listen)
Spells:
Spell like abilities: 2/5
Cantrips remaining: 6/6
1st-level remaining: 4/7
2nd-level remaining: 2/4
User avatar
Morrolan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Saltmarsh

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby PMiller » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:02 am

Day 14, 12:07 - The FoundryWhile the others talked and considered taking a rest break for lunch, right there in the chamber with the pool, Hellsing carefully examined the door. After a couple of minutes, she concluded there was nothing preventing the door from being opened safely. Near as she could tell, there still were no traps or alarms set on it.

Tactical Map | Show
Notes:
1. Cavern squares with more than 25% being filled by walls are considered difficult terrain and invoke squeezing penalties (-4 AC & Attacks)
2. Broken benches, medium bodies provide difficult terrain for medium creatures or smaller.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Illumination: Continual Flame headbands (Morrolan & Vlad)

Party Status:
Code: Select all
Vlad:       53/53 HP remaining;
Orekk:      56/56 HP remaining;  Longstrider (1429r);
Hellsing:   50/50 HP remaining;
Morrolan:   56/56 HP remaining; 3 Wisdom Dmg;
Araella:    37/37 HP remaining; Mage Armor (3110r);
  Sid:      18/18 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect for all: None

Orekk Spells Remaining:  Orisons->4/5; 1st Level-> 0/5; 2nd Level-> 4/5; 3rd Level-> 2/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 2/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 4/4
Hellsing: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
Orekk: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (34 charges)
Orekk: Wand of Lesser Vigor (41 charges)
Morrolan Spells Remaining: SLAs-> 4/5; Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 5/7; 2nd Level-> 2/4
Araella Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 1/6; 1st Level-> 0/7; 2nd Level-> 1/6; 3rd Level-> 2/4
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12488
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Araella Silverkin

Postby FrancisJohn » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:59 am

Araella is quite content to forget about rugs, training dummies, and liars as she enters the study. She pulls up a chair, eager to join Morrolan at the table. She rummages through her pack and pulls out some dried figs. "Hey Sid, lunch time!" And with no hesitation, a small ferret digs it's way out from somewhere else in her travel gear. He confidently plumps himself in front of her on the table, and begins to gnaw on one of the fruits. Any gravity of the previous morning activities was at least temporarily suspended from Araella's one-track mind.

"Hellsing, how are those doors? Where do we want to go next?"


Once their snack is quickly consumed, Sid all-to-readily goes back into hiding.


Actions | Show
Move: Q63
Araella's Mini-Stats | Show
Character Sheet
HP: 37/37 NL: 0
Init: +6

AC: 17 Flat: 17 Touch: 15
Fort: 4 Ref: 4 Will: 7

Level 0: 1/6
Level 1: 0/7
Level 2: 1/6
Level 3: 2/4

Light Crossbow: +6 1d8 (armed)
Morningstar: +2 1d8-1

Bluff: +13
Concentration: +11
K. Arcana: +11
Spellcraft: +13
Use Magic Device: +13
User avatar
FrancisJohn
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: The Glitterhame [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:48 am

“These doors are fine,” Hellsing said. “As far as I can tell, no traps. I will check the others now. Actually, first I will check if there is an enchantment in place that affects me.”

Hellsing walked to the door to the library, paused, then stepped inside. Then she tried to step out again. If that seemed to work just fine, she intended to walk over to the other doors and check them methodically, one after the other. She could eat later.

spoiler: show
Move Action: to N61, then M61. If that works:
Standard Action: Take 20 on a +13 Search of door at Q64, then at T63.

Free Action: None.
Current AC: 21 AC (20 AC +1 Skirmish AC) (17 Flatfooted, 16 Touch)
Current HP: 50/50 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Composite Longbow.
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Saltmarsh [3.5ed Greyhawk]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron