Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Image Image ImageImageImage
Series of adventures set in Greyhawk's campaign setting. The adventurers are currency running through the ancient dwarven stronghold under the Stone Tooth.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Orekk » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:49 pm

"Good searchin' you two. Maybe close them doors." offers Orekk before returning to the bundles of equipment.

There is a hefty bundle of large weapons sandwiched between the plates of the ogre's armor. Beside it is a smaller pile. Orekk lifts the smaller bundle, a collection of disassembled breatsplates mostly, before calling back, "I'll go back n' check on the storeroom. This' all I can carry, but I'll strip the bodies in there." He stomps heavily yet quickly away to the east.

Though grim with the strain of the burden held across his arms and back, the dwarf's lower body moves as if it were no more encumbered than minutes ago, when he first entered the mountain.

He sets his bundle down outside the storeroom and opens the door.
User avatar
Orekk
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 am

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Morrolan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:10 am

Inside the mountainMorrolan nods and begins dragging the bundle he and Orrek made him down the hall.

"Aye, I would shut those secret doors, just to be safe and catch up. We have that webbing to block the entrance over the chasm, but we don't need any surprises."

On reaching the room with the four orcs they first killed, he continues the process of searching bodies and stripping off armor with Orekk. It doesn't take as long with more people.

"We might as well get busy, still have more to gather."

Once they finish, he will take the gear with them to the common area outside the cage with the two commoners being held prisoner.


Combat Information | Show
Move to I52, Then to V39

Current AC: 19 (16 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
Current HP: 24/38 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Current Conditions: 20ft Light Radius
Spells:
Cantrips remaining: 6/6
1st-level remaining: 3/6
Spell like abilities: 5/5
User avatar
Morrolan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Saltmarsh

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Anguis » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:13 am

Image

Slinging the crossbow around his back, Abutan goes about assisting Morrolan.
" Are we going to reveal to the captives that passage or show them only the chasm?" He asks passively.

With the knowledge of the road and easier means out of the mountain, the crafty mage thinks it might be best to blindfold the captives once freed so they cannot be used to guide any tomb hunters after them. But before that he needs to assess the opinions of the other party members.


Combat Info. | Show
Move Action: Follow Morrolan
Standard Action: Stow Cossbow/ Assist Morrolan
Free Action: Speak
Character Sheet
Current AC: 13 (17 w/Mage Armour)
Current HP: 19/ 21
Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow (Loaded) (+4; 1d8/19-20x2)
Conditions in effect: Mage Armour (4 hours(~230pm))

Spells Available:
Cantrips (Acid Splash, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights, Resistance): 4/6
1st Level (Mage Armour, Color Spray, Magic Missile): 3/7
2nd Level (Web): 3/4
Characters:
- Serena Serpens
- Ivyn Dagehm

Storytelling:
- NWoD: Hunting Mortals (on hold)
- The Isle of Dread
User avatar
Anguis
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:57 am
Location: Pisa, Italy

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:37 am

Hellsing nodded. “Good thinking. I will do so.”

She re-traced her steps, heading back to the hidden rooms, and closed the secret doors she had found. She spent a few moments scattering dust and debris around the area where the doors opened, so as to not make the incursion obvious.

Then she rejoined the others in the large chamber with the prisoners, and helped in stripping the bodies.

She glanced toward the open doorway, where the chasm lay beyond.

“There is still more to explore behind the webbing. Abutan, how long will it last?”

She considered his question.

“We can leave through the main entrance. Perhaps we should just do that.”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: Talking.
Current AC: 20 AC (19 AC +1 Skirmish AC) (16 Flatfooted, 15 Touch)
Current HP: 25/34 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: +1 Composite Bow (+2).
Conditions in Effect: None.
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Anguis » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:04 am

Image


" Lets see?" the sorcerer considers carefully. "It was cast about twenty-five minutes ago...so that that would put it at ......hmmm maybe another ten to fifteen minutes more. Plenty of time to finish prepping our horde.




Combat Info. | Show
Move Action: Still Follow Morrolan
Standard Action: Still Assist Morrolan
Free Action: Speak
Character Sheet
Current AC: 13 (17 w/Mage Armour)
Current HP: 19/ 21
Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow (Loaded) (+4; 1d8/19-20x2)
Conditions in effect: Mage Armour (4 hours(~230pm))

Spells Available:
Cantrips (Acid Splash, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights, Resistance): 4/6
1st Level (Mage Armour, Color Spray, Magic Missile): 3/7
2nd Level (Web): 3/4
Characters:
- Serena Serpens
- Ivyn Dagehm

Storytelling:
- NWoD: Hunting Mortals (on hold)
- The Isle of Dread
User avatar
Anguis
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:57 am
Location: Pisa, Italy

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Morrolan » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:51 am

Inside the mountainMorrolan considers Abutan's question and answers before they get within earshot of the two prisoners.

"Hmmm, yes. Let us leave over the rope bridge. We might have to use some rope to ferry the loot across, but it will only take time if we are careful. Then once we are across, let's chop the ropes. Then anyone that comes back here will not be able to the get inside unless they know about the secret passage."

"The two commoner would see that and could only tell people we destroyed the means of gaining entry."


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 19 (16 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
Current HP: 24/38 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Current Conditions: 20ft Light Radius
Spells:
Cantrips remaining: 6/6
1st-level remaining: 3/6
Spell like abilities: 5/5
User avatar
Morrolan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Saltmarsh

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:24 am

Day 4: 11:12am - In the Mountain DoorReturning back to the storeroom the four dead orcs were using as quarters, you strip off their breastplates and gather their battle axes and two-handed weapons. Looking around more thoroughly, you find over 200 gold coins stashed in an iron cauldron hidden under one of the vermin-infested beds. You also find a small pouch containing some gems, a topaz and two onyx. Gathering the items up you continue on to the common room were the locked cage awaits.

The bodies of orcs there have some gold and silver as well. The two females have spell component pouches on their belts. The rest of the weapons and armor are of normal quality and you strip off the chain shirts and gather up the longbows, battle axes and maces.

Treasure | Show
4 x Breastplates - 400gp
2 x Guisarmes - 9gp
2 x Heavy Flails - 15gp
9 Chain Shirts - 450gp
2 x Lt Wooden Shields - 3gp
11 x Battleaxes - 55gp
7 x Comp Longbows (+3 Str) - 1400gp
2 x Light Maces - 5gp
9 x daggers - 9gp
2 x Spell Component Pouches - 5gp
150sp
230gp
300gp in gems

Updated Map | Show
Image

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Vlad:       27/35 HP remaining;
Orekk:      27/38 HP remaining;
Hellsing:   25/34 HP remaining;
Morrolan:   24/38 HP remaining;
Abutan:     19/21 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (Abutan)

Orekk Spells Remaining:  Orisons->5/5; 1st Level-> 1/5; 2nd Level-> 1/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 5/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 1/4
Hellsing: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
Orekk: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (39 charges)
Morrolan Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 3/6
Abutan Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/6; 1st Level-> 3/7; 2nd Level-> 3/4


Please provide grid coordinates as you move around.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12342
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Orekk » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:13 am

When it's all said and done, in addition to Morro land and Orekk ' larger bundles, there are now five smaller bundles. Makeshift chain mail sacks, bristling with weapons.

Orekk approaches the wooden cage, spooling his rope retrieved from the main double doors. He addresses the captives, "Sorry to keep you. No sign of trouble out here. Likely be leaving soon. If you're injured, I can heal ya. If you're hungry, we've food. I wouldn't eat too much though as it's getting on lunch time."

The dwarf squints up at the ceiling, determining the position of the sun, it would seem. Looking back at the two, his hand resting on the bars close to where he'd sunk his waraxe earlier. "Want out now?"
User avatar
Orekk
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 am

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:13 pm

While Orekk dealt with the captives, Hellsing turned to Abutan and Morrolan, speaking quietly.

She nodded to Morrolan.

“That is a good idea. There are other bodies on the other side of the bridge that we can strip and add to these bundles as well. We might as well wait until we are on the other side, rather than backtrack now.”

She shrugged, then turned to make one last check of the room to make sure they hadn’t missed anything.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: Talking.
Current AC: 20 AC (19 AC +1 Skirmish AC) (16 Flatfooted, 15 Touch)
Current HP: 25/34 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: +1 Composite Bow (+2).
Conditions in Effect: None.
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Morrolan » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:54 am

Inside the mountainMorrolan asks, "Before you go wasting effort chopping, wasn't there a key on one of the orcs?"

"I find it hard to believe they did not have a way to open up the cell that did not require an axe. Where did that key end up?"


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 19 (16 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
Current HP: 24/38 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Current Conditions: 20ft Light Radius
Spells:
Cantrips remaining: 6/6
1st-level remaining: 3/6
Spell like abilities: 5/5
User avatar
Morrolan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Saltmarsh

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Orekk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:07 am

Orekk glances down at the waraxe hanging from his hip and gives Morrolan a curious look. "That's ah very good point Morrolan. My arm is quite tired. I believe Hellsing has the key. Perhaps you can retrieve it from her while we chat?"

The dwarf turns his attention back to the captives. "Were there any others with you two?"
User avatar
Orekk
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 am

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:18 am

Hellsing raised her brows, turning.

“Yes, I have the key.”

She moved over to Orekk and passed him the key, since he was dealing with the prisoners. She spared a kind nod and smile for the captives, then returned to her work.

spoiler: show
Move Action: move to Orekk and pass him the key.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: Talking.
Current AC: 20 AC (19 AC +1 Skirmish AC) (16 Flatfooted, 15 Touch)
Current HP: 25/34 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: +1 Composite Bow (+2).
Conditions in Effect: None.
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Orekk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:46 pm

Orekk nods in thanks as the key clicks softly into his gauntlet.
User avatar
Orekk
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 am

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Vlad » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Vlad tags along with the others in silence as they move back into the main part of the stronghold. He had no fault on the logic of using the rope bridge to exit, and not even telling the prisoners about the secret passage. In fact, if it hadn't already been suggested, he would have done so himself.

Not back in the chamber with the captives, Vlad nods as Hellsing hands the key to Orekk for the cell.

"Aye, time we get out of here me thinks. Go ahead and let them out."

While the dwarf does such, Vlad pokes around in the rubbish and stuff in this chamber. He will then move on the bodies of the female orcs, and check them out.

spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action: take 20 on the crates and stuff in this room at V44, and then to bodies of female orcs
Standard Action:

Current AC: 20 (16ff / 14 touch)
Current HP: 35/35,
Current Weapon in Hand: everburning torch in offhand, rapier in main
Conditions in Effect:
User avatar
Vlad
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:45 am

Day 4: 11:14am - In the Mountain DoorVlad finds the spell component pouches and some coins on the female orcs, but nothing else really special.

Looking at the key, it would appear to be the type that would unlock the padlock to the cage (and it will if you try it). There is nothing except bulk goods amongst the loot the orcs have piled in this chamber. It has value, but not enough to justify carrying it out on this trip.

Image
The prisoners both stand and come to the bars of the cage. The woman is exasperated and exclaims, "Yes, YES! Let us out of here already. Why are you teasing me! You all have said you would let us out!"

Image
The man is more level-headed, "Calm down, Courana. We have explained this you. They needed to make it safe first." He looks at the dead bodies with a hard expression mixed with disgust at the violence. The result is the guy looks like he swallowed a sour pickle whole and is dreading it coming out the other end.

Image
"I know, I know, Geradil. But still, enough is enough. I just want out of here." The woman is practically wailing.

Image
The man puts his arm around the nearly sobbing woman and continues while he calmly addresses the dwarf, "Please, let us not debate the issue. If it is safe, let us out of the cage and help us return to our village. We are hungry, but well enough to walk. Some lunch would be most welcome."

"We shall see you rewarded for your troubles. My cousin has an apothecary and will gladly give you some useful items from her inventory if I ask her."

"As far as I know, there are no other prisoners here. But we were never taken past this area,
" he answers Vlad.

Updated Map | Show
Image

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Vlad:       27/35 HP remaining;
Orekk:      27/38 HP remaining;
Hellsing:   25/34 HP remaining;
Morrolan:   24/38 HP remaining;
Abutan:     19/21 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (Abutan)

Orekk Spells Remaining:  Orisons->5/5; 1st Level-> 1/5; 2nd Level-> 1/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 5/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 1/4
Hellsing: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
Orekk: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (39 charges)
Morrolan Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 3/6
Abutan Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/6; 1st Level-> 3/7; 2nd Level-> 3/4


Please provide grid coordinates as you move around.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12342
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to Saltmarsh [3.5ed Greyhawk]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron