Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Image Image ImageImageImage
Series of adventures set in Greyhawk's campaign setting. The adventurers are currency running through the ancient dwarven stronghold under the Stone Tooth.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Orekk » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:21 am

Orekk nods to Hellsing and lifts his load. The curious physique of the dwarf still allows him to walk as though unencumbered, but he moves slower now, the effects of his longstrider spell having finally worn off.

"As I said Geradil, once we get some distance between ourselves and this place, we'll clean ourselves up and have a good meal." the dwarf smiles, at the idea off being clean and fed.

As an aside, he adds, "That morningstar is enchanted, as is the vial. I haven't the foggiest as to their nature. Anyone familiar with such things?"

User avatar
Orekk
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 am

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Anguis » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Image

Hefting the load alotted for him on his light frame he moves on to exit with the others.

" I may." he replies to Orekk. "When we stop to rest and eat, I shall check then."

Abutan takes care not to glance back for Hellsing, no need to worry the rescues about her actions.



Combat Info. | Show
Move Action: Follow Orekk
Standard Action: Adjust loud
Free Action: Speak
Character Sheet
Current AC: 12 (16 w/Mage Armour)
Current HP: 19/ 21
Current Weapon in Hand: Crossbow (Loaded) (+4; 1d8/19-20x2)
Conditions in effect: Mage Armour (4 hours(~230pm)), Encumbered (Dex max +1, -6 check, move 20ft)

Spells Available:
Cantrips (Acid Splash, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Detect Magic, Dancing Lights, Resistance): 4/6
1st Level (Mage Armour, Color Spray, Magic Missile): 3/7
2nd Level (Web): 3/4
Characters:
- Serena Serpens
- Ivyn Dagehm

Storytelling:
- NWoD: Hunting Mortals (on hold)
- The Isle of Dread
User avatar
Anguis
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:57 am
Location: Pisa, Italy

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Morrolan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:34 am

Inside the mountainMorrolan stops the elven woman.

"Hold on there, Hellsing. Are you looking to climb all that way up and meet us close to the base of the mountain?"

With the two commoners to help, he figures the rest of them can carry or drag everything in the meantime.


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 19 (16 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
Current HP: 24/38 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Current Conditions: 20ft Light Radius
Spells:
Cantrips remaining: 6/6
1st-level remaining: 3/6
Spell like abilities: 5/5
User avatar
Morrolan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Saltmarsh

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:12 pm

Hellsing paused, then turned back to Morrolan.

“I could do that, yes,” she said, tilting her head as she considered the idea. She eyed the piles of items they had recovered from the orcs.

“If you all can manage with the items, then I could do that. It would be the easiest way to leave absolutely no trace behind.”

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: Talking.
Current AC: 20 AC (19 AC +1 Skirmish AC) (16 Flatfooted, 15 Touch)
Current HP: 25/34 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: +1 Composite Bow (+2).
Conditions in Effect: None.
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Vlad » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:54 am

With the busy of the bodies finished, Vlad is glad that they are finally ready to exit the fortress, hold, or whatever. He looked forward to getting some sunshine on his face after the grizzly morning. Or at the least a breath of fresh air.

Now that they are on the entrance side of the chasm, Vlad whistles appreciatively. The front door had been layout with defense in mind that was for sure. It very good thing the group didn't come in this way, and found that back door. The swashbuckler glance back as Hellsing is looking to go back for the climbing gear.

"Right, I think we can manage." Vlad says as he looks around to Orekk and Morrolan. Each of them already had a bundle of equipment, himself included. "If need be, we can always fashion a slide or something to drag the equipment back."

The swashbuckler then hoists his bundle and heads towards the big front door. He will then push it open and begin heading outside.

spoiler: show
Free Action:
Move Action: Move to U15
Standard Action:

Current AC: 20 (16ff / 14 touch)
Current HP: 35/35,
Current Weapon in Hand:
Conditions in Effect:
User avatar
Vlad
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Morrolan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:19 am

Inside the mountainMorrolan doesn't argue and moves along with Vlad, "Well, be careful lass. Run if you have to and we can help you if they follow.''

"Orekk, I am not very skilled at identifying properties of magical potions or other items. We might need to ask for the services of a local wizard or something. But, the morningstar looks to be of fine quality in itself. So it might be useful for any one if we run into skeletons or something."


With the heavy load of loot, he trudges out the door along with the others.


Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 19 (16 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
Current HP: 24/38 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Current Conditions: 20ft Light Radius
Spells:
Cantrips remaining: 6/6
1st-level remaining: 3/6
Spell like abilities: 5/5
User avatar
Morrolan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Saltmarsh

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:19 am

Hellsing nodded.

“All right. I will see you all above.”

She turned and walked across the rope bridge, then jogged her way back to the room where they had entered, bow in hand. Once she was there, she used an arrow to fish out the end of the rope they had tucked away. After she put on her climbing gear, she proceeded to climb up.


spoiler: show
Climbing skill +8, +2 for climbing gear, take 10 for a total of 20.
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: Talking.
Current AC: 20 AC (19 AC +1 Skirmish AC) (16 Flatfooted, 15 Touch)
Current HP: 25/34 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: +1 Composite Bow (+2).
Conditions in Effect: None.
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:41 am

Day 4: 12:25pm - In the Mountain DoorImage Image
The two commoners say nothing.

You exit the dwarven stronghold and the rest of you see the wide stairs carved from the stone of the crevasse walls. You can see the arrow slits if you look hard enough. If the heavy stone doors were able to be barred securely from the inside, effective archers could have turned attacking forces into pin cushions. Whatever mechanisms that existed to lock the door, it has since been removed or broken during an assault long ago.

Shutting the doors closed behind you, the slow trek down the Mountain Door's trail begins. The morning is almost over and the sun is shining overhead.

The crevasse stairs descend several feet, but the trail becomes dirt and there is wide level area as it switches back to the left. The trail switches back a couple of times as you descend and eventually make your way southwest. The trail connects to the same one you followed to reach the Stone Tooth.

As you reach the valley at the mountain's base, Hellsing catches up with you.

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Vlad:       27/35 HP remaining;
Orekk:      27/38 HP remaining;
Hellsing:   25/34 HP remaining;
Morrolan:   24/38 HP remaining;
Abutan:     19/21 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor (Abutan)

Orekk Spells Remaining:  Orisons->4/5; 1st Level-> 1/5; 2nd Level-> 1/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 5/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 1/4
Hellsing: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
Orekk: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (39 charges)
Morrolan Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 3/6
Abutan Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 4/6; 1st Level-> 3/7; 2nd Level-> 3/4
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12313
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:31 am

Hellsing nodded as she rejoined the others.

“I retrieved the rope and pitons. There is no sign of how we came, or went.”

She looked up the trail.

“Let me look ahead briefly, just to make sure our trail will be unobstructed. Then I will come back so I can carry my share of the items.”

She trotted up the path a ways, scouting around until she was satisfied. Then she turned to the others, took up one of the bundles, and continued along with the others.

spoiler: show
Move Action: None.
Standard Action: None.
Free Action: Talking.
Current AC: 20 AC (19 AC +1 Skirmish AC) (16 Flatfooted, 15 Touch)
Current HP: 25/34 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: +1 Composite Bow (+2).
Conditions in Effect: None.
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby Orekk » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:10 pm

Orekk bobs his head up and down, "Aye Morrolan, perhaps Geradil's cousin will know a thing or two."

As the party winds their way down the foothills, burdened with improvised bundles of various size, Orekk breathes deep the unspoiled air. Whether it's the success of their first delve or simply having his boots on the trail once more, the dwarf has a merry twinkle in his eye and a bouncy spring to his step.

Though merry, he's also wary, his eyes watching the trees and skies... but mostly just watching for Hellsing to uncannily point something out that bears noting, as she often does.

As lunch approaches, he follows the party to a small stream and starts a tiny, nearly smokeless fire as they wash up and rearrange the gear a bit.

Producing ten waxed bags, the dwarf waves his hands and mutters a prayer of thanks. Placing his steel shield over the fire, he deposits the waxed pouches within its convex depression.

The succulent smells that begin to waft from the dwarf's endeavors are alarming. As the wax melts away and the bags begin to open, he passes them around the temporary camp. Inside each bag there steams a lightly smoked white fish, half a dozen bacon wrapped quail eggs, rum soaked dates and a fennel and farro salad with bits of salty cheese mingled in it. There is more than enough for the seven travelers.

The dwarf raises his pouch of food, saying "To victory and to safe journeys." before digging his stubby fingers in and popping a couple eggs into his mouth.

He grunts a few times as he chews, sounding as if the food is painfully delicious.
User avatar
Orekk
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 am

Re: Inside the Mountain Door [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:03 am

:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12313
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Previous

Return to Saltmarsh [3.5ed Greyhawk]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron