To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Image Image ImageImageImage
Series of adventures set in Greyhawk's campaign setting. The adventurers are currency running through the ancient dwarven stronghold under the Stone Tooth.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Morrolan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:48 am

In the Mountain ForestMorrolan frowns in thought and watches Hellsing descend. He is prepared to put on a climbing harness as well, but is not sure it is necessary yet. Too much is unknown.

"Well, we are waiting to see what is what, yeah?"

"If everything looks to be okay, then we should probably have all the people in light or no armor go down and secure the bottom. Then Orekk and I can descend without our armor on and not have to worry about falling so much and we will know what's down there. Or I can go last and try to lower our armored dwarf to the bottom by rope."

"But if we have to fight as soon as we reach the bottom, we might just be too exposed and do better knocking on the front door."

Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 19 (16 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
Current HP: 38/38 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Current Conditions:
Spells:
Cantrips remaining: 6/6
1st-level remaining: 6/6
Spell like abilities: 5/5
User avatar
Morrolan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Saltmarsh

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby PMiller » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:28 am

Day 4: Late MorningHellsing climbs down, the soot caked rock is slippery but the going is not so bad. She finds that she doesn't need to hammer in any pitons and can maintain a quiet descent. By taking her time, she has no difficulties.

The rock fissure chimney is not straight, but wide enough that everyone will be able to navigate it without getting stuck. Most of the time there is plenty of room.

The light from above is barely reaching down to the bottom, but it is only with her elven vision that she can see dimly.

What Hellsing Sees | Show
She descends about 80 feet.

There is a fire pit in the center of an irregularly shaped chamber. Battered pots and kettles are stacked all over the place; clearly this serves as a crude kitchen. The room is dark and empty of anyone. A exit leads from the northwest corner of the cavern -like walls of the room.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Vlad:       35/35 HP remaining;
Orekk:      38/38 HP remaining;
Hellsing:   34/34 HP remaining;
Morrolan:   38/38 HP remaining;
Abutan:     21/21 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: none

Orekk Spells Remaining:  Orisons->5/5; 1st Level-> 5/5; 2nd Level-> 3/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 5/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 4/4
Hellsing: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
Morrolan Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 6/6
Abutan Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 7/7; 2nd Level-> 4/4
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12336
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:27 am

Hellsing spent a moment looking around at the kitchen area. Then she climbed back up to the top. She poked her head out of the fissure but did not exit.

“It seems to be good timing. There isn’t any activity below. It opens to a chamber that looks like a kitchen area. Perhaps that is the explanation for the smoke.”

She glanced down into the semidark again.

“I think we all should be able to climb down successfully. Just use the climbing gear and go slowly.”
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Vlad » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Vlad watches as Hellsing descends into the fissure in silence. He didn't show it, but the whole idea of sending some one down there into the unknown did make him a little nervous. Especially since they had no idea what they are about to climb into. But after a few minutes, the elf reappears and informs them the coast is clear.

"Alright, Maybe Pelor is on our side today, regardless of his silence." Vlad comments. He then moves into position to go down the fissure next. Climb himself into the rope, the dark haired man nods to the others.

"Ok, I'll go next." Then the swashbuckler begins his descent.


spoiler: show
Take 10 for climbing: +5 total (3 from skill, 2 from climbing gear)
Free Action: na
standard action:
Move Action:


Current AC: 20 (16 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 35/35 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand:bow in off hand, rapier
User avatar
Vlad
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Abutan Y'ting » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Abutan, already in his harness waits for the signal to descend before hooking onto the rope. He gives a slight, charismatic grin to those still topside and nods as he disappears down the fissure. "Hurry down, but not to quickly. Haste makes waste, y'know."

With that, the sorcerer disappears from sight.


Move Action: take 10 for climb +4 (+2 skill/+2 gear) =14
Standard Action:
Free Action: speak

Current AC: 13 (17 w/Mage Armour)
Current HP: 17/ 21
Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Light Crossbow--> Att. +4 / damage: 1d8 / Crit. 19 or 20(x2) / range: 80' / (P)

Conditions in effect:

Spells Cast Today:

0 Level: (6/day)



1st Level: (7/day)



2nd Level: (4/day)
User avatar
Abutan Y'ting
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Orekk » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:59 pm

With his dwarven eyes, Orekk watches Hellsing descend into the hole beyond his vision. He grows concerned for a time, his white brows knitting together as he squats to see further. As she returns and the others begin to descend, he wastes no time removing his armor and harnessing up. When it comes his turn, he tightens his harness and carefully makes his way down the fissure, his armor secured to his pack.

Take 10 Climb. Result 15 (+3 Skill, +2 Gear)

Initiative: +1
AC: 23 (12 Touch, 22 Flat-footed)
HP: 38 Current: 38
Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: +10ft to speed from Longstrider (1 Hour-ish remaining)
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic 2, Read Magic, Mending, Purify Food and Drink
1st level Spells: Longstrider (Domain)1/1, Detect Evil0/1, Magic Weapon0/1, Protection from Evil0/1, Shield of Faith0/1
2nd level Spells: Heat metal (Domain)0/1, Augury 1/1, Remove Paralysis0/1, Resist Energy0/1
User avatar
Orekk
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 am

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Morrolan » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:23 am

In the Mountain ForestMorrolan watches the others carefully descend and he gives the dwarf some time to make significant progress before he brings up the rear. He quickly removes the breastplate and puts it into the magic bag and stows the longbow as well. Pulling out an Everburning Torch, he stick is halfway into the pack so a lighted end sticks out. He returns the magical bag to his pack.

"Here I come, look out below," he calls down softly and starts climbing himself. He takes his time as well.

Combat Information | Show
Take 10 on +6 Climb

Current AC: 19 (16 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
Current HP: 38/38 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: nothing

Current Conditions:
Spells:
Cantrips remaining: 6/6
1st-level remaining: 6/6
Spell like abilities: 5/5
User avatar
Morrolan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Saltmarsh

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby PMiller » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:36 am

Day 4: Late Morning - Inside the mountainHellsing reaches the bottom of the chimney again and runs out of fissure to climb. The fire pit is about 10 feet below her.

The light from the Everburning Torch that Morrolan is bringing down is providing more dim light and she can see farther down the hallway leaving the kitchen chamber. There are still no sign of occupants.

Tactical Map | Show
You have a 10 foot drop to the floor. The arrow icon shows those people still in the chimney.

Image

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Vlad:       35/35 HP remaining;
Orekk:      38/38 HP remaining;
Hellsing:   34/34 HP remaining;
Morrolan:   38/38 HP remaining;
Abutan:     21/21 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: none

Orekk Spells Remaining:  Orisons->5/5; 1st Level-> 5/5; 2nd Level-> 3/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 5/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 4/4
Hellsing: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
Morrolan Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 6/6
Abutan Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 7/7; 2nd Level-> 4/4
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12336
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Hellsing dangled in the air for a few moments, looking down at the drop.

“When you reach the bottom, you must drop down,” she called up softly to the others in the fissure. “Be careful. Give the others a chance to clear before you drop.”

She then let go, hoping to fall gracefully to the floor and roll to her feet without hurting herself.


spoiler: show
Tumble +10 to drop 10’.

Move Action:
Standard Action:
Free Action:

Current AC: 19 (15 Flatfooted, 14 Touch)
Current HP: 34/34 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: +1 Composite Bow (+2)
Conditions in Effect: None.
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Vlad » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:20 pm

Vlad watches down the open hole in the ceiling of the make shift kitchen as Hellsing drops down the last 10 feet. The distance seems much higher than it really is when you are tangling from a rope in a crack in the ceiling. Not that heights bothered the swashbuckler much, but still one had to be careful.

"Right, here I come,"
Vlad calls out softly as he positions himself to drop the last 10 feet. With the elf clear of the landing spot, the dark man let's go and drops the last ten feet down. Landing easily on his feet, and catching himself, Vlad quickly moves out of the way to make for the next person.

spoiler: show
Tumble: : 1D20+11 = [14]+11 = 25
Free Action: na
standard action: Move to AB47
Move Action:


Current AC: 20 (16 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 35/35 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand:bow in off hand, rapier
User avatar
Vlad
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Abutan Y'ting » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:53 pm

When the sorcerer has reached the bottom and is about to enter the room he unhooks his harness and prepares to drop.

At least he thought he had. He drops about five inches before the harness snags something, kicking his feet out sideways. Unable to regain his balance as he falls, he lands heavily on his side, knocking the wind out of him. The first moaning sound he can make as Vlad pulls him out of the way of the others dropping is, "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."





Move Action: Tumble tumble check for falling 10 feet: 1D20+2 = [9]+2 = 11
Standard Action: Tumble fail damage falling damage: 1D6 = [4] = 4

Free Action: speak

Current AC: 13 (17 w/Mage Armour)
Current HP: 17/ 21
Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Light Crossbow--> Att. +4 / damage: 1d8 / Crit. 19 or 20(x2) / range: 80' / (P)

Conditions in effect:

Spells Cast Today:

0 Level: (6/day)



1st Level: (7/day)



2nd Level: (4/day)
User avatar
Abutan Y'ting
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Orekk » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:26 pm

Orekk watches the lighter members of the party jump athletically from the rope or fall roughly to the ground as he carefully makes his way down. Once the floor is clear, he hangs from the very end of the rope and dangles awkwardly before dropping two feet to the ground.

He immediately makes room for Morrolan and begins reaching for his armor while giving Abutan a queer scowl.

Drop to the ground.

Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (12 Touch, 11 Flat-footed)
HP: 38 Current: 38
Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: +10ft to speed from Longstrider (1 Hour-ish remaining)
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic 2, Read Magic, Mending, Purify Food and Drink
1st level Spells: Longstrider (Domain)1/1, Detect Evil0/1, Magic Weapon0/1, Protection from Evil0/1, Shield of Faith0/1
2nd level Spells: Heat metal (Domain)0/1, Augury 1/1, Remove Paralysis0/1, Resist Energy0/1
User avatar
Orekk
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 am

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Morrolan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:01 am

Into the mountainMorrolan keeps climbing that last of the chimney and uses the rope to reach the floor of the kitchen. There is still the silken line dangling from the chimney in plain view. He gets his breastplate back out from the magic bag as the dwarf begins the long process of putting his platemail back on.

He says softly, "What about the rope? Maybe Hellsing or Vlad should climb up and tuck it out of sight and then jump back down."

"Or do we not care if someone sees it while we are exploring?"


He begins helping Orekk to speed up the donning of the heavy armor.

Combat Information | Show
Take 10 on +6 Climb

Current AC: 19 (16 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
Current HP: 38/38 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: nothing

Current Conditions:
Spells:
Cantrips remaining: 6/6
1st-level remaining: 6/6
Spell like abilities: 5/5
User avatar
Morrolan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Saltmarsh

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:11 am

OOC: The game continues here: viewtopic.php?f=351&t=8788
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12336
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Previous

Return to Saltmarsh [3.5ed Greyhawk]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron