To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Image Image Image ImageImageImage
Series of adventures set in Greyhawk's campaign setting. The adventurers are currency running through the ancient dwarven stronghold under the Stone Tooth.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Vlad » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:16 pm

Vlad looks at the sorcerer appreciatively. His idea was a good one, and it would save them from having to waste some other item in such a distraction. "Sounds good to me. Though the coin's would work just as well. Good thing Vah isn't with us. He would surely object to such a notion."


The swashbuckler listens to the conversation about dancing lights and color spray. Both are going to useful where the group is heading most likely. "We also have those vials of alchemist fire. Though probably not as effective as magic per say, but probably worth a good diversion or two."

At the offer of a longstrider charge from the communal wand, Vlad declines. He is wearing light armor and isn't as burdened as the those in the heavier. And the swashbuckler agrees with Abutan. The pace is good and best to save their strength.

"Alight, lead on Hellsing, and let's see about that plume of smoke from yesterday."
User avatar
Vlad
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Morrolan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:59 am

In the Mountain ForestMorrolan waves away the wand as well, "I am not seeing a need to go rushing around in the woods. Save it for when it might have more importance, lass."

"Before we head off the trail, aren't we planning to scout it for tracks first? Or are we heading to look for source of the smoke straight away?"

Combat Information | Show
Current AC: 19 (16 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
Current HP: 38/38 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Current Conditions:
Spells:
Cantrips remaining: 6/6
1st-level remaining: 6/6
Spell like abilities: 5/5
User avatar
Morrolan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Saltmarsh

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:55 am

Hellsing nodded, face serious.

“Yes. Let me take a look around for tracks, now that it’s light.”

She moved ahead of the others once they were ready to move out, checking both the trail and the area immediately around it, looking for disturbed gravel and crushed greenery. Her sharp elven eyes flicked back and forth, looking for anything that caught her eye. It helped to know that there was definitely someone or something out there, given the smoke they had noticed earlier.

Hellsing paused, kneeling down by the side of the road, frowning.

“I’m not seeing anything. Morrolan?”

spoiler: show
Survival to look for tracks - 1d20+9=11
(Ha, could use some Aid Anothers here, I think. Should have taken 10. >.<)
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Morrolan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:31 am

In the Mountain ForestMorrolan keeps his eyes open and looks at the dirt of the trail for signs of passage to help out the elven ranger, "It looks to be hard packed earth."

He is not very proficient and there is no evidence that the orcs would even use the trail to begin with. He is not much help at all.

Combat Information | Show
Aid Another Survival (1d20+1=5)

Current AC: 19 (16 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
Current HP: 38/38 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Current Conditions:
Spells:
Cantrips remaining: 6/6
1st-level remaining: 6/6
Spell like abilities: 5/5
User avatar
Morrolan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Saltmarsh

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Abutan Y'ting » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:59 pm

Abutan, who had earlier heard Hellsing casually talking about what she looks for when tracking, looks for some simillar signs. He wanders to the edge of the trail where the moss and forest begins and keeps an eye on the ground. When he sees a rock that had been dislodged and an unnaturally bent branch, he points it out to the elf. He doesn't think he could possibly catch something she missed, but one never knew.

Someone could only look in one direction at a time.



Move Action:
Standard Action: Survival: Aid Another (1d20=18)
Free Action: speak

Current AC: 13 (17 w/Mage Armour)
Current HP: 17/ 21
Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Light Crossbow--> Att. +4 / damage: 1d8 / Crit. 19 or 20(x2) / range: 80' / (P)

Conditions in effect:

Spells Cast Today:

0 Level: (6/day)



1st Level: (7/day)



2nd Level: (4/day)
User avatar
Abutan Y'ting
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Vlad » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:01 am

Vlad follows along with the others as they head toward the mountain. Being the city born noble that he is, the swashbuckler is no help with tracking the tracks they have spotted.


spoiler: show
Aid another survival: 1d20=4
Free Action: na
standard action:
Move Action:


Current AC: 20 (16 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 35/35 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand:bow in off hand, rapier
User avatar
Vlad
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:44 am

Day 4: MorningYou cannot find or discern any tracks on the trail leading to the Stone Tooth. If there were any tracks leading off the trail, you are unable to find any.

Stone Tooth Area Map | Show
Note: North it to the top, and you are down on the southwest corner

Image

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Vlad:       35/35 HP remaining;
Orekk:      38/38 HP remaining;
Hellsing:   34/34 HP remaining;
Morrolan:   38/38 HP remaining;
Abutan:     21/21 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: none

Orekk Spells Remaining:  Orisons->5/5; 1st Level-> 5/5; 2nd Level-> 4/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 5/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 4/4
Hellsing: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
Morrolan Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 6/6
Abutan Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 7/7; 2nd Level-> 4/4
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:05 am

Hellsing looked up and shook her head.

“Nothing. Or nothing that I could find. Granted, the terrain is a deterrent as well.”

She nodded her chin in the direction that the smoke had been.

“Well, shall we?”
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Vlad » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Vlad had a look of disappointment as Hellsing and the more naturely inclined failed to find anything from the tracks. It seemed they would be approaching the Stone Tooth blindly, as far as other patrols and such coming in from behind them. But there is nothing for it, so the swashbuckler merely shrugs.

"Oh well. Nothing for it. We will just have to watch our backs, or at least more so than we already are."

The dark haired man nods, using his chin to point in the direction of the Stone Tooth and the smoke plume from yesterday.

"Maybe we will have better luck with that, no?"

Vlad follows along with the others as they resume their previous day's marching order and head out towards the smoke.
User avatar
Vlad
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Orekk » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:15 pm

"Well, with the smoke gone, they've either moved on or let their fire die down. Whoever they are." Orekk shrugs and hefts his shield and waraxe.

The smooth sound of his metallic armor sliding against itself is familiar as they start moving again. Further up the trail, he too looks for evidence of other travelers.

User avatar
Orekk
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 am

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Morrolan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:19 am

In the Mountain ForestMorrolan looks through the forest trees as they leave the trail behind and make a cross-country trek into the valley and the southern sloop of the spire.

"Well, maybe it is early yet. Last night would be a cooking fire before dark, and the timing of their breakfast fire could be off. Or maybe they ate cold rations."

"Shall we spread out a bit to cover more ground in our searching instead of going single file?"

Combat Information | Show
Aid Another Survival (1d20+1=13)
Search (1d20+2=14)

Current AC: 19 (16 Flatfooted, 13 Touch)
Current HP: 38/38 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Current Conditions:
Spells:
Cantrips remaining: 6/6
1st-level remaining: 6/6
Spell like abilities: 5/5
User avatar
Morrolan
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:36 pm
Location: Saltmarsh

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Aoro Hellsing » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:24 am

“That sounds like a good idea,” Hellsing said.

She nodded at Morrolan and moved forward to the front of the group, staggering her path slightly to the right as they moved to cut into the forest. Bow in hand, she looked down at the ground.

“It doesn’t hurt to keep looking as we go. We’re not in a hurry, after all.”

spoiler: show
Survival to find tracks - 1d20+9=23 That’s more like it.

ETA: Search roll - 1d20+11=29
Last edited by Aoro Hellsing on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url]Hellsing[/url]
User avatar
Aoro Hellsing
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 pm

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Abutan Y'ting » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:18 pm

The sorcerer spreads out on the immediate opposite side of the big fighter from Hellsing and watches the ground when he can. Being the unarmoured magic user he is, however, habit forces his eyes to the surrounding forest more often than not.



Move Action:
Standard Action: Survival (track) (1d20=8)
Free Action:

Current AC: 13 (17 w/Mage Armour)
Current HP: 17/ 21
Current Weapon in Hand: MWK Light Crossbow--> Att. +4 / damage: 1d8 / Crit. 19 or 20(x2) / range: 80' / (P)

Conditions in effect:

Spells Cast Today:

0 Level: (6/day)



1st Level: (7/day)



2nd Level: (4/day)
User avatar
Abutan Y'ting
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby Vlad » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:27 pm

"Right, " Vlad grunts as the group spreads out to cover more ground. For himself, he staggers off from Hellsing and the others keeping his eyes to the ground. Hopefully, he will spot something with his limited skill. But it doesn't take long for the swashbucklers attention to wander up to the mountain and sky.


spoiler: show
Aid another survival: 1d20=2
Free Action: na
standard action:
Move Action:


Current AC: 20 (16 Flat-footed / 14 Touch)
Current HP: 35/35 remaining
Current Weapon in Hand:bow in off hand, rapier
User avatar
Vlad
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Re: To the Stone Tooth [IC]

Postby PMiller » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:49 am

Day 4: Late MorningAfter three hours you have crossed the valley and searched southeast of the spire where you think the smoke originated.

The forested mountainside is slow going, the area is covered with dense thickets and boulders covering the slope. The eastern slopes of the Stone Tooth descend into a damp valley where waters is trapped by the terrain to form a large lake. Above you is the rocky summit, protruding above the tree line.

Eventually you think you have found something. There appears to be a fissure leading down into the ground. With some residual smell of smoke, you can surmise that it is a natural rock chimney or something.

There were no signs of any campsites or tracks that you have been able to find.

Stone Tooth Area Map | Show
Note: North it to the top, and you at the red dot

Image

Combat Information | Show
Party Status:
Code: Select all
Vlad:       35/35 HP remaining;
Orekk:      38/38 HP remaining;
Hellsing:   34/34 HP remaining;
Morrolan:   38/38 HP remaining;
Abutan:     21/21 HP remaining;
Conditions in Effect: none

Orekk Spells Remaining:  Orisons->5/5; 1st Level-> 5/5; 2nd Level-> 4/4
Orekk Turned Undead: 5/5 per day remaining
Orekk Freedom of Movement Remaining: 4/4
Hellsing: Wand of Cure Light Wounds (2 Charges)
Morrolan Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 6/6
Abutan Spells Remaining: Cantrips-> 6/6; 1st Level-> 7/7; 2nd Level-> 4/4
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
User avatar
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander
 
Posts: 12202
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:33 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan

PreviousNext

Return to Saltmarsh [3.5ed Greyhawk]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests