Saltmarsh OOC Thread

Image Image ImageImageImage
Series of adventures set in Greyhawk's campaign setting. The adventurers are currency running through the ancient dwarven stronghold under the Stone Tooth.

Moderator: PMiller

Re: Saltmarsh OOC Thread

Postby FrancisJohn » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:44 pm

Definitely a few days a week at a minimum. This particular game isn't the fastest moving, so it shouldn't effect this one all too much.
FrancisJohn
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:12 am

Vlad, just so you know you cannot ready a full attack as a Standard Action. ;) You cannot ready a Full Attack at all.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby FrancisJohn » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:13 pm

How's everyone's summer going?
FrancisJohn
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Pretty busy. Vlad has the new boy and Hellsing is really busy with work and extracurricular stuff at home.
LM and I have baseball picking up (I am watching him run laps right now as I type on my iPhone :p )
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby sirfinn » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:13 pm

Is it possible to a picture of the whole map of where we have explored in this dwarven delve/complex.
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby PMiller » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:50 pm

This thread has them
viewtopic.php?f=351&t=4522

Only thing not on the last post is the kitchen
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby FrancisJohn » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:42 am

I've been without a desktop PC for the whole summer. So everything has been by phone. On a positive note, I just built a new one. I'm treating this project as if it was a pre-midlife crisis. Still having a bit of trouble getting Windows 7 to recognize the solid state hard drive. So my buddy put Linux Ubuntu XFCE on there.

On principle, I am a big Linux fan, because of everything Windows thing it's not, but learning a whole new OS doesn't seem pleasing.

On the little league note, little league in my town is quite overbearing. Our team won the entire championship in 1998, and one of the kids went on to have a terrific MLB career. So now everyone expects their kids to be the next Todd Frazier. But it's kind of cool that he plays for the Yankees now, and actually commutes to Yankee Stadium from where he's from and I live, Toms River.
FrancisJohn
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:54 am

Yeah, computer problems are the worst. Why they cannot keep working as they always have is annoying as crap. I tried some Ubuntu and it was okay. Problem is I don’t want to mess around with the software I already have with an OS switch.

I have not been really following much LLWS this year, but I heard Japan is doing very well and looking to repeat their Title from 2015. It is actually the same team as 2 years ago representing this year. My son’s former team got knocked out by them in the qualifier for Tokyo. Yesterday they just finished up the High School national championships and that even bigger than March Madness in States the way people are ga-ga over it.

However, we had TV camera crew out at our practice game this past Saturday filming a teammate of LM’s. The other boy’s older brother tied the High School HR record in Japan, hitting 106 in 3 seasons (they have 3 year high school here). Since the older brother is potentially one of the top draft picks for pro this year, they are just as interested in the younger brother too and the older brother used to play on this same team 3 years ago.

Anyway, we saw the little TV spot on Sports news Monday morning on national TV.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby FrancisJohn » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:51 am

The town next to us was in it until yesterday.

But yeah, computers can be so fun sometimes.

So I bought a 7th generation CPU and motherboard. It only came with USB 3.0. Windows 7 does not have native support for USB 3 so I couldn't install that way, I had to make a DVD. After finally getting it on and after about 200 Windows Updates later, it tells me my components are too new and not supported for Windows 7 anymore. My product key wouldn't install anyway, so I couldn't even upgrade to Windows 10. Not that I would want to anyway, considering it's a glorified piece of malware if you ask me. I have now officially renounced my loyalty to Windows and Microsoft.

My friend is helping me out with learning Linux. I am running Ubuntu with XFCE. Everything seems so much cleaner and more robust, but I do miss the ease of how Windows installers work. But now I truly consider myself a free man now that I freed myself from the tyranny of Microsoft.
FrancisJohn
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:15 am

I was about ready to join the Linux bandwagon last night. Right before bed my gaming PC decided it was not going to boot up, claiming there was no boot disk anymore. Of course this missing boot disk was right there in the computer physically connected. So WTF right?

Anyway, turns our it just needed to be sternly talked to in BIOS and told to stop looking to boot from a secondary Hard Disk that had no operating system. Why it decided to switch, I don't know. Skynet rebellion maybe?
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby FrancisJohn » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:34 am

It's sad that developers don't develop stuff for not windows not osx
FrancisJohn
Veteran
Veteran

Postby sirfinn » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:07 am

So since taking over Orekk I haven't had a chance to tweak his spell list.
A long rest would allow me to do so.
sirfinn
Legend
Legend

Postby FrancisJohn » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:36 pm

Wow, slow day at the races, eh?
FrancisJohn
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PMiller » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:00 am

Yeah. Vlad has been quiet most of the summer in all his games, the newborn maybe taking up too much time.

Hellsing has been prepping a move and busy at work, leaving her behind in posting in all her games too.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Previous

Return to Saltmarsh [3.5ed Greyhawk]