What if Anakin killed Obi-Wan on Mustafar???

Have a link to a great gaming resource, like a map making program, online character sheet host, or SRD? Post it here! Please review available categories before making a new one. Everyone is welcome to post links; however, spam and inappropriate links will be deleted.

Moderators: PMiller, Mantis

Postby Obi-Wan Jacobi » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:40 pm

DM Angel wrote:Wow, just read over this thread for the first time.

So much potential!

Thanks DMA! It's not a totally original idea, but the re-write of the end of Episode 3 is my own. If you are interested, I'll gladly e-mail it to you.

DM Angel wrote:It occurred to me too, would the rebellion even be called that? They would probably make a big deal out of restoring the republic so quickly after it was turned into an empire, that it would be more like a Galactic Civil war then a rebellion... Just a thought.

Good points. I don't think Anakin/Vader would be as adept at many things like running a government by himself, finding surviving Jedi, listening to others, etc... Each of those things would drastically change how things would go.

DM Angel wrote:Also, I would be really interested in the AU game, but if I'm honest, I would never touch such HUGE characters as a player. Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie are such a big deal. To play them as PC's on a forum means more writing then rolling dice, which means storytelling and role playing. I honestly struggle to role play premade characters, and the role play major pillars of the sci-fi world would be a heavy undertaking for anyone.

I would want the character to do what I want to do, and I would dread the conversation in OOC turning into, 'Luke would never do that!'

This is why I believe it's hard to put the game together. I think it has to go with nature vs. nurture. The iconic characters' experiences would be drastically different (especially Luke & Leia), and I was aiming for a reinterpretation of the characters set in our own little universe. They could go Dark Side, or do things none of us expect. I thought that would make it more interesting of a concept to play. It certainly emphasizes role-play over roll-play; perhaps a little too much.

DM Angel wrote:In saying all that, the only canon character I think I would possibly play is Padme. She's quite unexplored if I think about it, plus she's a younger character to most. (As in most people have only seen the movies, and she's just been around about 10 years, not an epic 30 or 40)

Also, depending on how many years further on it is, (I imagine its a good 16 or 17 years later to allow the twins to grow up) would Anakin have managed to keep the empire together or would it have crumbled around his force choke?

Padme, to me, is an underdeveloped character in so many ways. We get a basic view of her in Eps 1 & 2 and then she takes a back seat to Anakin and Obi-Wan in Ep 3. It would be cool to design a campaign setting, with these concepts in place and see where it takes us.
Obi-Wan Jacobi
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Obi-Wan Jacobi » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:01 am

I recently put together a new timeline for this setting and I will share it with anyone who is interested. Maybe we can get this game up and running at some point.
Obi-Wan Jacobi
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby Aurian » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:58 am

I read this thread awhile ago and was sad to see it die, I am interested and woudl love to see what you have come up with.
Aurian
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Obi-Wan Jacobi » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:07 pm

I'm happy to see some interest in this concept. I think it has a lot of potential. The files are a little long for a post, so if you PM me your e-mail address, I'll send both the re-write and the new time-line to you.
Obi-Wan Jacobi
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Postby PMiller » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:52 pm

OWJ; Can you email me the timeline? I was having some thoughts about setting. Since Palpy was such a manipulator I am not sure Anakin would have actually become Vader if he gets killed too. That last seen with him manacled to the operating table in his new outfit comes to mind. Of course I was always wondering why Padme dies with all of that futuristic medicine. If Palpy is dead, then she is not hidden from Anakin at that crucial time either IIRC, so they would potentially get reunited. Everything Anakin did was to try and save Padme, if he succeeds then the tradegy of Vader is much different.

Here's a scary thought, Padme doesn't run away but tries to bring Anakin back and the twins aren't even on the rebel side. Anakin doesn't follow through with the traditional Sith ideals but tries to create his own version of the Jedi Order, something like the New Sith that happens later. Padme tries to mediate the fracturing of the Republic, but with out an Emporer it isn't a rebellion but more like a civil war. Perhaps it is a three-way conflict as the Sepratists form a 3rd faction.

Of course, this might be all moot if you have already nailed your story down. :)
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby Obi-Wan Jacobi » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:40 pm

:D I have a re-write and a new time-line, ready for you to see. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send them both to you.
Obi-Wan Jacobi
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Previous

Return to Gamer Resources Information and Links