The Exes Do Come Back to Haunt You Eventually

These groups of hunters are out to save the world from the demons, devils, ghosts, spirits and the monsters found under the bed and in your closets. Although most of the world doesn’t know or believe in most fairy tales, these hunters are out to try to stop the things that go bump in the night from doing their evil deeds in the world as we know it. Some bonds have already been formed and others are still being built. But will they be able to survive from the dangerous things they hunt? Will they be able to trust one another enough to try and fight together? Or will they collapse under pressure? These hunters will face dark times and go down a long dark road. Will they find hope or loss at the end of their path or paths? Happiness or despair? Life or Death? Will they ever find Dex, the one hunter who may have already lost his life to the demons? Each of them must draw from their strengths and work together or they will finally meet and stare death in the eyes.

Moderator: DM Aberrant

Re: The Exes Do Come Back to Haunt You Eventually

Postby Ashley » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:37 pm

Ash looked at Dex as they spoke and then at Crane & Brian. I know but something happened. I wish I could ask Michael about it. Because he might be able to tell us what is actually going on. I was blind and yet I could see the spirits as if I was able to see but I couldn't see you or other people at first.

She followed Crane, Dallas & Brian but she didn't need to. She could feel the bones of the girl as they got closer to them.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby Cornelius Crane » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Dallas didn’t keep his nose to the ground for long. Soon he lifted his head and his nostrils twitched in agitation. Something about the place was bothering him, but he kept to the task at hand, sniffing at the air instead of the earth. It took much longer to search each area this way, but Crane didn’t try to order the dog’s nose back down. He knew better than to press, and it wasn’t as if lives hung in the balance.

Eventually, Dallas led Crane to the edge of a pond. There he stopped, and when his old master stepped up beside him, Dallas pointed. Crane took one last drag on his cigar and then stomped it out with his heel.

“She’s in the damn water,” he said to Ashley and the others.

“Should’a brought some fuckin’ scuba gear.”
Cornelius Crane
Veteran
Veteran

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:13 pm

Ashley, Crane & Dex

[I can't get a copy or pic of the pond but it's basically Cedar Pond. Muddy Pond, Pleasant Pond and Wenham Lake (the closest) are close to it, if you want to see where you are at on the map. It's not going to be that deep. I was trying to find a rather small pond close to where the Corwin house is but I am having a hard time getting a map. I apologize guys.]

Josh

Alec looked at you in horror for a moment when you mentioned a demon looking like other people. Are you serious?! Jeez...I can't leave Enrica out there alone Josh. I knew I should have never brought her here with me. Damn it...She surprised me by being at Mabel's. Mabel must have called her and told her about the dream she had and of course she had to come down there. He sat down on the bed Well, I'll have to find a way to bring James with me, if I do go anywhere...I'm not going to bring Enrica with me. I'd much rather her stay here and with someone. I'll make sure I call her and keep in touch with her or have her come back so I can go shopping with her, so she's not alone.

James looks over at Alec I'm sure she'll be fine while she goes shopping Alec. He looks over at you Josh, I know you said you needed to get some things done. Alec & I will be fine here. We'll call you if we need anything. I don't want you to feel like you need to take care of me. Alec will whine about it but he doesn't mind.
DM Aberrant

Postby Dex Travers » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:09 pm

Dex stared down at the pond, frowning.

“I wonder how deep it is,” he said, but then shook his head. “If it’s too deep, we can go to a sporting goods store. But let me try to wade into it and see how deep it goes. I’m keeping my boots on.”

They would get soaked, and he would have to change later, but it was better than stepping on broken glass in his bare feet, or who knew what else was in there.

He considered the task at hand for a few more moments.

“Crane, you got a baseball bat or something in your truck? I need something to use to poke around in there.”
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Josh nodded.

“Well, nothing’s more important than everyone’s safety. So please stick together. I’m sure Enrica will be back soon, and you can make some kind of excuse to keep her near. Actually, since she’s going to cook, she’ll probably want to stay inside anyway.”

That was one weight off his mind. Josh just wondered how he would manage to wrangle the rest.

He looked between Alec and James.

“All right, boys, stay out of trouble. Come on, Chris, let’s go check on Alexis.”

Josh left his father and uncle and walked over to Alexis’ room, and knocked on the door.
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Cornelius Crane » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:10 pm

“Ah got a big prah bar in the back of the truck. It maht do the trick.”

Crane and Dallas went back to his truck, and then the old man returned with a long metal pole over his shoulder. It was over two meters long, about three centimetres thick. It narrowed at one end, and looked as if it had once been painted blue. However, now it was pockmarked with rust and the narrow end was worn and scarred. Still, as a lever it still performed admirably. To poke the bottom of this pond, it would suffice, although it was a lot heavier than a baseball bat.

“Here ya’ go,” Crane handed the bar to Dex. “Hope this’ll do the trick.”

He looked back at Ashley, his frown hidden by his moustache.

“Dallas don’t lahk this place. Somethin’ about it is…rotten. We should go soon as we’re done.”
Cornelius Crane
Veteran
Veteran

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:21 am

[Sorry for not posting sooner everyone.]

Dex, Crane & Ashley

Brian gets out of the Hummer, grabbing the shovels from the back. When you get to the pond, he drops the shovels and looks out at the water This might take us awhile to find the bones in there. When Crane gets a pole from his truck, Brian looked around and found a long stick to use. He gets in the water with Dex and starts poking at the ground.

Dex - When you and Brian get in the water, the ground is sandy at first and firm but as you go out a bit, you can feel it become softer and more muddy. You can feel the pole hitting weeds and hitting your legs as you walk out. [I'm not sure how far you are going to walk out in the water. The deepest part of the pond I am going to guess is no more than six to seven feet at the very most.]

Josh

When you go to Alexis' room, you can tell no one is in there.

Chris looks over at you We should probably check Nick's house. See if they went there last night.
DM Aberrant

Postby Ashley » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:10 am

Ash looked at Dex and Brian as they entered the water. She could feel Elizabeth's bones in the water and looked at Crane when he said Dallas didn't like this place. She looked down at Dallas and then back up at Crane. I don't like it either. But we have to get rid of Elizabeth's bones. She has too much hurt and anger inside her that she feeds off other's emotions. She's a nasty little girl and her twin is Elizabeth. I promised to help her. But I think Dallas has a reason to hate this place. I was here when Elizabeth...I should say, my spirit was here when she was killed. It was a time when people were accused of witchcraft but they never even did anything. I believe it was a cover up to hide what was actually going on here.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:41 pm

Dex took off his gun, phone, and wallet and gave them all to Ashley for safekeeping.

“Hold onto these for me, will you, baby?”

He waded into the water, weighing the bar that Crane had given him. The last thing he wanted was to shatter or break the bones by being too rough. He felt his boots fill with water and his clothing get soaked, but there was nothing for it.

He looked at Brian. “All right, let’s do this real methodical, okay? We’ll go around in a grid. I’ll walk around the shallow part and start at the other side. You start on this side and we’ll search the shallowest parts first. If we don’t find anything there, we’ll wade into the deep part.”

Dex began to search on his grid.
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:42 pm

“Ugh, I hope not,” Josh said.

He personally worried about people when they were out of his sight. It was kind of a bad habit he had. He hoped Alexis and Nick were all right, but understood wanting to be home after going through such a terrible ordeal.

Part of him even wondered if Crane and done something to them, but he dismissed it. The old man struck him as a man of his word, and if he had to break it, it certainly wouldn’t be sneaking around behind everyone’s backs.

He nodded to Chris.

“Yeah, let’s go. Could you drive us?”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Ashley » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:58 pm

Ash looked at Dex when he handed her his things Yeah, of course, I will. She had been so focused on thinking about getting rid of Elizabeth's bones and where they were, she totally forgot to tell Brian and Dex what to look for. Dex...Brian...You want to look for a large rock. You won't be able to miss it. Her bones are under there. Let me know when you find the rock because both of you might need to hold it up to get the bones out from under it.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:28 am

Chris looks around Us? Am I missing someone? He smiles and you can tell he's joking Ohhh...You know I can drive us he uses his finger to indicate you and him But you know...Gas is kind of costly nowadays...You know...I think you're going to have to give me something in return for all these favors and driving around I'm doing for us...
DM Aberrant

Postby Cornelius Crane » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:50 pm

“Not sure Ah want to know what that was,” Crane said. “Ah just hope doin’ this will stop that creepy kid from botherin’ ya’ any more.”

Crane moved a few steps away from the pond and took his shotgun in hand. He and Dallas began scanning the perimeter of the area with their eyes and ears, watching for anything suspicious while the other men worked. It wouldn’t do to get taken unaware while out in the open like this.
Cornelius Crane
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Dex Travers » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:06 am

“Jesus,” Dex muttered.

He continued to poke around the muck as carefully and thoroughly as possible. Occasionally, he glanced over at Brian to see if he was having any luck, and he also paused and looked up around them. He would not want to be attacked by something while he was stuck in the water.

Dex looked over at Ashley.

“Do you know what happened to her?”

He shook his head.

“Why would her bones be under a rock? Is that how she was killed? Or did someone bury the body that way?”
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:06 am

Josh laughed, caught by surprise.

“Oh, don’t worry, I will.”

He knew he tended to be gloom and doom about some things, and Chris tended to be irreverent. Josh could always laugh, but he didn’t always think to make a joke; Chris was quicker on the trigger than him. It was nice to be working with someone who both had good sense but also could lighten the mood.

He leaned in and whispered in Chris’ ear about exactly how he would repay him.

With one last look around Alexis’ room, he turned back to Chris.

“Yeah, you’re right, let’s go look at their house and see if we can find them.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Supernatural: Chasing the Bad ~ DM Aberrant