The Exes Do Come Back to Haunt You Eventually

These groups of hunters are out to save the world from the demons, devils, ghosts, spirits and the monsters found under the bed and in your closets. Although most of the world doesn’t know or believe in most fairy tales, these hunters are out to try to stop the things that go bump in the night from doing their evil deeds in the world as we know it. Some bonds have already been formed and others are still being built. But will they be able to survive from the dangerous things they hunt? Will they be able to trust one another enough to try and fight together? Or will they collapse under pressure? These hunters will face dark times and go down a long dark road. Will they find hope or loss at the end of their path or paths? Happiness or despair? Life or Death? Will they ever find Dex, the one hunter who may have already lost his life to the demons? Each of them must draw from their strengths and work together or they will finally meet and stare death in the eyes.

Moderator: DM Aberrant

Re: The Exes Do Come Back to Haunt You Eventually

Postby Dex Travers » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Dex shook his head, but put his gun away. He got why Crane had been alarmed, but yelling through the door, and waiting for a response, probably would have been a better choice than going in guns blazing. He looked around the parking lot to make sure no one had seen the altercation, then closed the door behind them.

He looked around. The little girl was gone. Dex shrugged and folded his arms, listening to what Ashley said about the bones.

“So do we know where to start?” he asked.

He looked at the dog, then back to Ashley.

“Did she tell you the general vicinity of where her bones are?”
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby DM Aberrant » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:01 pm

Chris lies on the bed and when you tell him it was time to take a shower, he laughs and teases you No ring on my finger yet and you're already ordering me around. He goes in the bathroom with you and takes a shower though, content to be with you and just spending time with you.
DM Aberrant

Postby Ashley » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Ash looked at Crane & Dex when they sat down. She didn't tell me where they were but I know where Mary's bones are and I believe Elizabeth's too. I think I know where the doll and other bodies are too. We're going to have to burn it to the ground though because he used it for evil things. She looked at Dex then Do you remember when you had to go in to the spirit world to find me? Do you remember being down in that room? There was another room in there off that room. There was a woman chained in there and being tortured. I believe he did that to others as well. I believe he used them for devil worshiping.

She looks at Crane We're going to have a lot of work to do Crane. Would you mind driving? I am going to look on the internet and see if I can find an old map of where the pond was and where it would have been now, if it's gone or not. I remember some things about the house and where it was but I might need Dallas' help if the pond isn't there any more. I know there's a big rock on top of the bones and we're probably going to have to move it to get at the bones.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby Josh Corbett » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:30 am

Josh grinned.

Chris and he were compatible that way; neither of them got overwrought about things. There were enough terribly serious people in Josh’s life, and it was nice to spend time with someone who could laugh and joke and didn’t have major drama every other minute.

They eventually got out of the shower and got dressed. Josh put on jeans and a plain white tee under a beaten up leather jacket. It was nice to be out of fatigues, nice to dress casually. He ran a hand through his hair, smoothing it back, then looked over at Chris.

“Okay, grown up time. Let’s go check on the others.”

He walked with Chris over to James’ room, and knocked on the door. Hopefully his Uncle Alec and Aunt Enrica were still there.
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:26 pm

After you guys were done in the shower, Chris gets some clothes out of the drawer and puts them on. When you tell him it was grown up time, he laughs Ok...You have fun then... He shakes his head and tries to look as serious and grown up as he can but he couldn't keep a serious face if his life depended on it...

When you go back to the James' room, Alec opens the door and rolls his eyes. I really hope you two are here to play the nursemaid. He motions for you both to come inside.

Enrica is sitting on the side of the bed beside James and using a wet wash cloth to wipe his face gently. James looks like he's rather enjoying himself but is still embarrassed by it.

Once you're inside, he shuts the door and throws his hands up in the air. Enrica...James is fine...Look at him...

Enrica pats James' good hand and whispers something to him and he immediately turns red. Alec, sweetheart, James is not fine. How can you say that? If this had been you in the bed, you'd be whining for me to baby you even more than I am to James right now.

Alec looks at you Josh Please tell me you're here to tell me that you're taking your dad home to nurse him back to health and I can take my wife home...Alone...
DM Aberrant

Postby Josh Corbett » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:45 am

Josh smiled through a small sigh.

Just like how James would never grow up, Alec would never change, either. This was a new side of him though, his interaction with Enrica, and that was interesting to Josh. His own father had never had a stable relationship that Josh had observed, and neither had Emily. So the whole dynamic of couples was something he hadn’t really gotten to see growing up.

“Yeah, I’ll take him off your hands, Uncle Alec. Thanks for coming down.”

Josh starting thinking about what he needed to do with James. Even though James might protest, Josh knew he needed to take him back to Emily’s place. There was nowhere else he could be certain James would get the care he would need. He would give Emily money for a nurse.

“Sorry to have worried you guys,” he continued, to both Alec and Enrica. “But I’ll take care of him from here.”

He looked back at Chris.

“Can I ask you to give us a lift back to Cape Cod?”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Cornelius Crane » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:01 pm

“Yeah,” Crane nodded. “Ah can drahve. Ain’t much room for three and a dog in mah pickup, though.”

Cornelius didn’t much want to drive anyone else’s car, but he didn’t see there being much of an option, unless Dex was going to drive separately. Ashley hadn’t said that he’d be doing anything at all, but somehow Crane knew that she had a job for her boyfriend. Crane had been relegated to courier and dog handler. That was exactly how he liked it. Give people the jobs they’re good at – it was how his SWAT team had functioned, and as ramshackle as his new squad was, the same ideal ought to do them some measure of service.

“Just tell me what car you wanna take and Ah’ll load ‘er up.”
Cornelius Crane
Veteran
Veteran

Postby DM Aberrant » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:53 pm

Chris seemed to be lost in thought as he turns to you Huh? Oh yeah, yeah, I can give you a ride.

Alec smirked at James when you said you'd take him off your hands.

Enrica however had other plans...Alec, you stop that right now. You get so jealous of any man coming near me that you are going to give yourself a heart attack. She looks at Josh Josh, sweetheart, you are not taking your dad anywhere. He is coming home with us. Alec and I can take care of him. Alec just doesn't want your dad to come home with us because he's so jealous. He even threatened Hamilton because he got so jealous. She looks at Alec and then stands up and walks over to you, she puts her hands in yours and squeezes your hands gently. Josh, sweetheart, you're a grown man. You've had to grow up too fast but your father will be fine with us. Alec has to drive his bike back to our house and your dad can ride in the car with me.

She reaches up her one hand to cup your cheek affectionately You look so much like your dad Josh, so handsome. She shakes her head as if trying to clear her thoughts. Josh, your dad will be fine. Alec is just being a baby who is used to getting his way and me to himself. He doesn't like sharing me with anyone except his daughter...And even then I sometimes think he gets jealous...

She looks at you Sweetheart, how about if I go to the store and get some stuff for lunch and dinner. Tell me what your favorite things are and I'll make them for you.

Alec looks very much like a fish out of water but what makes him groan is the thought of you getting your favorite foods. What? What about me? I'm your doting, gorgeous, loving husband...Don't I get my favorites?
DM Aberrant

Postby Dex Travers » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am

“All right, let me gear up.”

Dex grabbed his stuff and threw it on, putting on an old military jacket over his clothing and gear. He grabbed his duffle bag.

“All right, I got you. I have some stuff in here if we’re going to need to light a fire. But if we’re having to dig, we should probably stop at the hardware store and get some shovels first.”

Dex figured he would probably be doing most of the grunt work.
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:04 am

Josh smiled modestly when Enrica called him handsome. He squeezed her hands in turn.

“Thanks, Enrica, but you really don’t have to do that. Chris and I have some things to follow up with. I don’t want you to have to go out of your way any more than you already are, so Alec won’t have to worry about not getting his favorites. So if you don’t have anything pressing to do, if you could watch James for a while, I’d really appreciate it.”

He nodded.

“I’ll call Emily, in any case, and I’m sure she’ll either come up here or she’ll send someone. That’ll help.”

Josh looked between the couple.

“Will you guys be all right here for the moment? I need to check on the others, and then Chris and I need to follow up with some things here.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:01 am

Enrica looks at Alec and shakes her head. She looks back up at you Josh, I swear sometimes the three of you are more stubborn than all of the men in the world.

Alec moves to stand behind Enrica and puts his arms around her waist, whispering softly in her ear. I know I have nothing to worry about with Josh being alone with you.

Enrica looks at everyone in the room. Josh, sweetheart, we are not going out of our way. Your father, Alec and I have known each other for a very long time. You don't need to call Emily to take care of James. James is going to stay with us until he's well enough to travel again with Alec. She puts her hand on Alec's Alec gets his favorites when he is home. He can go without his favorites for a day. He can stay here while I run to the store to get the food. It looks like you guys already ate some breakfast.

She looks at James If Josh doesn't tell me what his favorites are, would you tell me?

James nods. Yeah...I can tell you...

She looks back up at you Well...Since everyone would like their favorites, how about if I make Josh & Chris' favorites for lunch and then both of your favorites for dinner? Is that fair? I'll make enough to last a couple of days for all of you. I'm sure all of you would like to actually sit down and enjoy a home cooked meal and not processed stuff like in a fast food place. She looks at all of you and waits for your answer and to find out what your favorites are. I make everything only from scratch. I wouldn't have it any other way...So if you like apple, blueberry or peach pie, I will make the crusts and use only fresh fruits. So please don't be shy or embarrassed to tell me what you like. I will be more upset if any of you don't tell me what you like.
DM Aberrant

Postby Ashley » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:54 am

Ash smiled at Crane when he said he would help them. She knew his truck wasn't that big and she'd have to find another vehicle. She thought about asking Chris but then he would probably need his truck for something. Let me see if I can ask Gabe or Brian to borrow their vehicle. Maybe I should ask Brian to drive us. The rock the bones are under is pretty big and I know you're strong Dex but even with a lever to try and roll the rock or some other prop, I don't think you'll be able to move it by yourself. Even with my help, I wouldn't be able to move it a hair. I think Brian would help us though. Sorry...I'm kind of a wimp and not good with the physical stuff unless someone's injured. I guess we all have our strengths and weaknesses...

She looked at both of them Let me get my stuff together and I can ask Brian so we can go.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:03 am

Dex, Ashley & Crane

As if on cue, there's a knock on the door and when you look out the window/peephole, you see Brian standing there with some dishes.

When you open the door, Brian hands over some dishes. When he is able to see Ashley, he says Hey Doc, thanks for breakfast. I really owe you again.
DM Aberrant

Postby Ashley » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:53 pm

When Ash heard someone knock, she opened the door knowing Crane & Dex were there with weapons to shoot anything or anyone that wasn't a friend. She thought maybe it was Josh asking her to check on his dad but was surprised to see Brian standing there. She thought to herself Speak of the devil...

She smiles at Brian standing there and invited him inside the room. She took the dishes away from him and called back to him as she walked towards the kitchen. Thanks Brian for the dishes and you're welcome for breakfast. After she set them on the counter, she came back to where everyone was standing. Brian, would you do me a favor? Could we either borrow your hummer or could you go with us? We she motioned to Dex and her need a ride to put some bones to rest. It's kind of important that we do it as soon as possible because she is doing some things here that I fear may cause a lot of damage.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:47 pm

Brian comes in and nods to everyone. When Ashley came back and asked him about a favor, he nods. Of course Sweetheart, you just ask and I will do it if it's in my power. When you asked him about a ride, he laughed Seriously sweetheart? That's all you wanted? Hell, that's not a favor. I don't mind driving you guys to where you need to go. Let me go to my room and get the keys and we'll go when ever you're ready. I'll be waiting in the hummer for you guys.

He nods to everyone and steps out of the room, unless someone needs something.
DM Aberrant

PreviousNext

Return to Supernatural: Chasing the Bad ~ DM Aberrant