The Exes Do Come Back to Haunt You Eventually

These groups of hunters are out to save the world from the demons, devils, ghosts, spirits and the monsters found under the bed and in your closets. Although most of the world doesn’t know or believe in most fairy tales, these hunters are out to try to stop the things that go bump in the night from doing their evil deeds in the world as we know it. Some bonds have already been formed and others are still being built. But will they be able to survive from the dangerous things they hunt? Will they be able to trust one another enough to try and fight together? Or will they collapse under pressure? These hunters will face dark times and go down a long dark road. Will they find hope or loss at the end of their path or paths? Happiness or despair? Life or Death? Will they ever find Dex, the one hunter who may have already lost his life to the demons? Each of them must draw from their strengths and work together or they will finally meet and stare death in the eyes.

Moderator: DM Aberrant

Re: The Exes Do Come Back to Haunt You Eventually

Postby Josh Corbett » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:17 am

Josh hesitated, then smiled.

“All right,” he said.

It went against every instinct he knew; he wanted to stay and fix everything, throw all of his muscle and all of his wits into the problem, ride that horse until it went down. It was one of his flaws, feeling like he had to be the one to fix everything, that if he didn’t take it on his broad shoulders, no one else would. One man against the world, all that.

He was working to not be so worried about things, to let other people have their own agency. He wanted to make everything better for everyone, ensure that everyone was not only alive – that they were in the very best spot they could be. But sometimes you had to let go. Sometimes you had to let them do it themselves, even if the result wasn’t ideal. He couldn’t be everything to everyone, and he had to accept that.

Josh nodded again.

“All right, you guys. But if you need anything, you have my number. Don’t hesitate to call.”

He looked between them both.

“I mean that. I hope things work out.”

He smiled at both Nick and Alexis, and even though he had a lingering pang of misgiving, stood up. Josh looked over at Chris.

“Let’s hit the road.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Cornelius Crane » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:31 pm

Crane felt a shift in the tension that permeated the area. Dallas felt it too, and it was the dog who turned to notice Elizabeth first. Crane looked over at her and wished he had buckshot that could hurt a ghost.

“Good luck with that, Casper,” Crane said with a tip of his hat toward Elizabeth.

“Ya’ got some reason that you’re such a ripe bitch? Ah never got the full story from Ash. Whah don’t you take a load off? Come talk with ol’ Crane. Ah’m a real good talker. Just no one pays any fuckin’ attention to me once the shootin’s done.”
Cornelius Crane
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Ashley » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:26 pm

Ash looked at Dex as he came towards her. No, it's alright. It would save time for me to come out here vs. both of you coming back to shore and then back out here. She looked at Dex when he told her the bones were below them. She had to hold on to him because she was too short to stand in the water. Dex, I can't hold the bag with the bones. I'm too short. It's partly why I came out here. I was thinking that one of you could hold the rock, the other one hold the bag and put the bones in them while I go in the water to get them. I thought if one of you gets too tired, you could switch. I am not strong enough to hold the rock and I'm not tall enough to stand out here and hold the bag...Even if I was standing on my tippie toes, I still couldn't stand here. She was embarrassed knowing that she was so short and couldn't stand out there on her own.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:03 am

Dex smiled at Ashley.

“Well, it’s better to be the smart one than the tall one,” he said. He was very impressed with her for coming up with the idea of how they could efficiently remove the bones. It sounded like it would be a laborious process, but short of having the equipment to drag the bottom, or drain the pond entirely, it was probably the only way.

He nodded, and squeezed her arm.

“All right, let’s run with that, okay? I’ll hold the rock first, then we can switch. The more quickly we do this, the better, so no one gets hypothermia.”

Dex turned to Brian.

“You down with that plan? Let’s go for it.”
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:14 am

[Sorry guys, I would have posted earlier but I couldn't log in. I could get to the main page but every time I tried to log in, it said the page wasn't available.]

Josh

Alexis looks at you Josh, please stay a moment. I think there is something you should know. When you sit down, she sighs heavily. Josh, when you and Dex went to the other side, I made the bond between the three of you stronger... She looks at Chris Although a fourth has entered the bond too. Yours will not be as strong as theirs but the bond between the four of you is still there. You will need that bond to face the dangers ahead. There are many who seek your blood and without the bond between you, one of you would have died. I hope you can forgive me Josh for strengthening it.

She looks at Nick a moment and then back at you Josh, you are the one who helped us. If you ever need our help or the pack's, please contact us. We will put out the word of Steve's death and see how many will remain in contact with us and be the pack's ally. Please call us and we can reach out to other packs for help.

[I am going to post again to Ashley, Dex & Crane. I need to get boots for my son. The windchill the other day was sixty + below zero and he didn't have any boots. I need to get him a pair.]
DM Aberrant

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:40 pm

[Sorry guys. I found a pair of boots for me too! Hopefully they keep my feet warm at -40!]

Dex, Ashley & Crane

Brian shakes his head a couple times Huh? Yeah...Yeah...That sounds good. Let's see if we can get the rock up first.

Both of you try to lift the rock and at first, it doesn't want to seem to give. Brian's face turns red as he tries to lift it, both of you using the pipe and a rock to lift it. It finally seems to give and rolls off to the side of where it was, thankfully not on anyone's toes.

Brian looks at you You want to go down first or should I? I figure if both of us go diving and one of us stays up top to hold the bag, we can get it done a lot faster.

Crane

Elizabeth's face seems to contort in anger and fear as she stands there. She slowly turns her head towards you and hisses I will enjoy killing you and watching the demons drink your blood. She looks at Dallas a moment And you, I will burn the hairs off you and what ever is left, I will pull off your body one by one as slowly as I can.
DM Aberrant

Postby Cornelius Crane » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:13 pm

“Now that’s just rude,” Crane said with a sigh and a shake of his head.

“But since you’re just a fuckin’ ghost, Ah ain’t too worried about what you’re gonna’ do. Which is jack, bah the way. You ought to be real fuckin’ pissed off about what Ah’m gonna do, though. Mah friends are baggin’ up your bones raht now. When they get back, somethin’s gonna’ distract ‘em. Won’t take much. They’re a jittery bunch. When it does, Ah’m gonna’ get that bag, squat down, and take a big ol’ shit in it. And Dallas? Well he shits all the tahm. Believe me. Ah’m goin’ through shit-bags lahk crazy. But that bag for your bones is real big, see? It’ll hold a whole lot of dog shit, eh Dallas?”

Dallas almost seemed to nod.

Crane glanced over his shoulder at the others, and then looked back at Elizabeth.

“Hey guys,” he called out to them. “Best hurry up. Ah have to take a wicked shit. The All Bran is workin’!”

He chuckled.

“Oh, and that little bitch is here, too. Ah think she’s pissed off about somethin’. Ah didn’t catch what it was. Prob’ly these stupid clothes she’s stuck walkin’ around in. Ah’d be pissed off too if Ah had to wear that ugly rag on mah head for all eternity.”
Cornelius Crane
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Josh Corbett » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:25 am

Josh shook his head gently.

“Of course I’m not angry with you, Alexis. I’m grateful for anything you did to help us. I know there are bad things out there that want to tear into all of us, or get at the others through one of us. So thank you for what you did.”

He paused, glancing at Chris thoughtfully. He wouldn’t have thought of the idea of Chris joining their bond, but he supposed that it made sense. He and Chris had been spending a lot of time together, intimate time, bonding in the most primal sense of the word. It was logical that a more psychic bond would form, but he hoped Chris didn’t resent it. It was not exactly what he had signed up for.

They would have to talk about it later, alone.

Josh swung his gaze back to Alexis, and nodded.

“All right, I will. And you can call me too, if you need anything. And just call anyway, to let me know how you guys are doing. It’ll put my mind at ease.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:26 am

“I’ll go first,” Dex said.

He was just getting ready to dive when he heard the old man calling to them. He grimaced at the excess of information about Crane’s digestive tract, but then stiffened when he spoke about the little girl. Dex whipped his head around, trying to see what was going on.

Even the nice little girl ghost was creepy as shit. He really got the creeps from the mean one.

“Hey, you need some cold iron?” he called. “There’s a knife in my bag.”
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Ashley » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:52 pm

Ashley looks at Dex a moment and nodded before taking in a deep breath and slowly going under the water. She was under there for a few moments before coming back up to the surface and realizing that Elizabeth was there. We should hurry. She won't come in the water because she's afraid of it. I'm just afraid of what she's going to do while she waits for us to get done. She looks at Brian and hands him a couple of bones. Can you put those in the bag. I want to get out of here before she gets too many ideas of what to do while she waits. She's a nasty little girl.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Josh

Chris nods I'm ready when you are.

Alexis smiles at you I promise, I will always keep in touch with you Josh and let you know how we are doing.

Nick holds his hand out to you Josh, I can never thank you or repay you for saving Alexis or me. I will forever be indebted to you for all you've done for us.

Crane, Dex & Ashley

Elizabeth looks at Crane I will enjoy torturing you in hell. She smiles wickedly before turning towards the pond I will enjoy what happens to all of you...I will be helping with whatever they have planned for you... She seems to skip away and as she does, she slowly fades away.
DM Aberrant

Postby Josh Corbett » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:31 am

Josh shook Nick’s hand, and Alexis’ too, if she offered it.

He smiled and nodded to both of them.

“It’s not a problem, you guys. This is what I do. I’m glad to help. Alexis, I’m glad you came to us to ask. Really glad.”

He could not imagine what would have happened if Steve and his cronies had been allowed to run rampant throughout the town. It only would have gotten uglier, with more victims and bloodshed.

“We’ll be in touch.”

Josh tapped Chris’ shoulder lightly, then they left the house. For once, he had a good feeling about leaving a job, that maybe things would be all right in the aftermath. The aftermath was the part he never got to see, and could only wish vaguely that the people he saved would be able to pick up the pieces of their lives after he left. Most often, the horrors the people had endured seemed to terrible for anyone to comprehend or process.

He got into the passenger seat and sat there for a moment after Chris got in, staring at Nick’s house.

“You think they’ll be all right?” he asked, voice thoughtful. “They’re nice kids. And they have each other, no matter what else happens.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:31 am

Dex nodded to Ashley.

“Yeah, I understand,” he muttered. The girl faded away before Crane could even make a move toward his bag, so he guessed she would leave them alone for a while. After all, the power of ghosts was the terror they inspired, and terror was only effective in small doses. The human mind quickly got inured to ongoing fear, and it lessened as a result.

“We’ll yell to Crane to get ready before we come out.”

He took the bones from Ashley and carefully placed them in the bag. If they got a rhythm going, they would have this knocked out quickly.
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Cornelius Crane » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:13 am

“Little twat,” Crane mumbled as Elizabeth disappeared.

“We’re not scared of her, are we?”

Dallas let out a gruff lungful of air and shook his head the way he did after a swim.

“Damn raht,” Crane nodded. He waited for the others to return, wondering where he might get some cold iron buckshot. That would shut the bitch up nahce. Blow her fuckin’ ghost head off.
Cornelius Crane
Veteran
Veteran

Postby DM Aberrant » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:25 pm

Josh

Chris got in the driver's seat and put the keys in the ignition. When you asked him if he thought Nick & Alexis would be alright, he looked at the house and then at you. Hey... He waited until you turned to look at him Josh, they are going to have a much better life now. Alexis won't have to worry about being raped or beaten any more. Nick won't have to worry about that happening or watching it. It's going to take them a little while to find a new alpha but I think with what they know now and how they will stick together, they'll be fine Josh.

He smiles as he looks at you Don't worry about them any more. You're going to have gray hair before you even reach 30. I don't want you to look like an old man...I don't want you to be thought of a cougar or something...

Dex, Ashley & Crane

Brian stands there holding the bag of bones, putting them in as either Dex or Ashley give them to him. He lets Ashley hold on to him if she needs to while Dex dives down in the water. After a couple of minutes, he tells Dex to hold the bag and then goes diving in the water for the bones. You feel around on the bottom for the bones, finding the bigger ones first and then gradually some of the smaller ones. It takes about fifteen to twenty minutes before you think you have all the bones of Elizabeth.

Brian looks at both of you Lets find some place to burn these before she comes back.
DM Aberrant

PreviousNext

Return to Supernatural: Chasing the Bad ~ DM Aberrant