The Exes Do Come Back to Haunt You Eventually

These groups of hunters are out to save the world from the demons, devils, ghosts, spirits and the monsters found under the bed and in your closets. Although most of the world doesn’t know or believe in most fairy tales, these hunters are out to try to stop the things that go bump in the night from doing their evil deeds in the world as we know it. Some bonds have already been formed and others are still being built. But will they be able to survive from the dangerous things they hunt? Will they be able to trust one another enough to try and fight together? Or will they collapse under pressure? These hunters will face dark times and go down a long dark road. Will they find hope or loss at the end of their path or paths? Happiness or despair? Life or Death? Will they ever find Dex, the one hunter who may have already lost his life to the demons? Each of them must draw from their strengths and work together or they will finally meet and stare death in the eyes.

Moderator: DM Aberrant

Re: The Exes Do Come Back to Haunt You Eventually

Postby DM Aberrant » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:28 am

Chris' eyes get bigger and he looks at you and shakes his head Perv... He smirks and looks you up and down One of the many qualities I love about you.

You two get in the Avalanche and he drives over to Nick's house. You can see someone moving inside the house and just as Chris puts the truck in park, Nick is standing at the doorway waiting for you guys to come in the house.
DM Aberrant

Postby Ashley » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:42 am

Ash looked at Dex She was drowned and buried here. The man who did it to her, must have been done with her and put her body under the rock so no one would find it, especially after her twin had died or disappeared. I am not even sure what was told to the mom because Elizabeth was alive when Mary was killed. I am not sure what she told their mother about Mary not returning home.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Crane

(I'm so sorry Crane. I totally forgot to post to you)

Crane, you and Dallas take a look around as Ashley stands by the pond and Dex & Brian try to find the rock that the bones are buried under. You can feel the evil lurking here in the air. It feels like it's just lingering here in the air and there's no way to get rid of it. But the good news is, at least you don't see anyone or feel any evil spirits trying to harm you...Yet...
DM Aberrant

Postby Dex Travers » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:00 am

“Jesus,” Dex muttered again. “That’s fucked up.”

He scowled to himself, futilely, thinking of the terror the girl must have felt, the hopelessness, and the despair. And then she had died. No wonder her spirit had lingered afterward, feeling as if her life had been unfulfilled, cut off far too early.

Dex prodded the mud with the pry bar, grimacing as water sloshed around in his clothing, chilling his skin.

“Any luck, Brian?”
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:00 am

Josh chuckled, then looked out the window and saw Nick in the doorway. He waved briefly, then unbuckled his seat belt.

“Good, looks like they’re home.”

He got out as soon as Chris cut the engine, nodding to Nick as they walked up the drive to the front door.

“Hey, Nick. How’s Alexis? Are you guys okay?”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:08 am

Josh

Chris gets out of the truck and looks around before coming around the truck to meet you and walk up with you.

Nick stands in the doorway and looks at you as you get out. Yeah, we're fine. We came back here last night. Alexis didn't want to stay at the motel for whatever reason. Anatolii came back here with us, saying his bird needed him. We had to come back here and clean too, the house was a mess. My mom's going to be home in a couple of days, so I need to make sure it's clean before she gets back.

When you get to the doorway, Nick moves to the side to let you both in. He shows you to the kitchen and Alexis is sitting in one of the chairs.

She looks up at both of you. Josh...Chris...We've been waiting for you. Would you like a cup of coffee? She pours you both a cup of coffee if you want one. The spirits are restless today. They say that Ashley will do something and it will disturb the spirits.

Nick looks at both of you She's been kind of freaking out since we got back here. Saying something with the spirit world isn't right and it's going to be much worse. Something hangs in the balance but she's not sure what it is.

Dex, Crane & Ashley

Brian looks over at you No. This is bullshit. There's no damn rock in here. It's like trying to find a damn flake of dandruff in a blizzard. He stops and thinks for a moment Hey...I got an idea. Reach down in the water and get some rocks. If we throw them in the water we can find that rock a lot quicker. He reaches down and finds some rocks. When he has about three or four in his hand, he stands up and throws one in your direction (towards the middle of the pond). It doesn't hit you and he throws another one a bit to the right of the last one. There's a splash and then he throws another one but nothing. He looks at the last one before throwing it again off to the side again. You can tell it was different from the other ones.

Brian looks at you There we go... He starts walking towards the direction of where he threw the rock, using the stick to check what was in front of him and make sure it was safe. You go in the direction of where you both believe the rock is and get to it first. You can tell its a bigger rock and you wonder how one man actually lifted it because you believe it's going to take you and Brian to lift it off the bones. You believe it's sunk down in the mud and it's going to take a lot of manpower to try and lift now.
DM Aberrant

Postby Josh Corbett » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:18 pm

“Oh, crap, seriously?”

Josh looked between Alexis and Nick, then knelt down so he would be more at Alexis’ level. He shook his head politely when she offered him coffee. In truth, he thought he would like a cup, but he didn’t want her to have to get up and pour it.

He frowned and thought about what he had last seen Ashley doing.

“I don’t think that making kickass pancakes would throw the spirit world into imbalance, so it has to be something she’s going to do,” he said.

Josh pulled out his phone.

“Should I call her and warn her? Last we saw her, she made breakfast for everyone. I think she’s still back at the motel.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:19 pm

Dex waded over to the rock that Brian found by throwing rocks.

He was pretty impressed that the big man had managed to find it after a little process of elimination.

“Hey, good job,” he said.

He felt for the edges of the large rock with his bar.

“Hmm, okay. So how do you want to do this?”

He looked at Brian across the water between them.

“Hold our breath and submerse ourselves and try to lift the rock between us?”
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Cornelius Crane » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:09 am

“Whatever it is,” Crane said to Ashley, “this place is givin’ me the fuckin’ creeps. Somethin’s all wrong about this shithole.”

He looked at the pond, where Brian and Dex had found what they thought might be the stone hiding the girl’s bones. Fahnally Crane thought. It was about damn time that they got around to finding that thing. Why they hadn’t just stuck their heads under and opened their eyes, Crane wondered. Some people didn’t like the feeling of it, he knew, but it would have saved a hell of a lot of time.

“If ya can’t lift it, use the bar for a lever,” he called out to the pair. “That’s what the fuckin’ thing is for.”

He looked around the area for something they could use as a fulcrum – a smaller rock would do just fine, he imagined.

(No worries, Ab!)
Cornelius Crane
Veteran
Veteran

Postby DM Aberrant » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Josh

Alexis shakes her head slightly No, she would not believe you anyways. You or someone else should watch over her for the next day or two. She looks at Nick Nick, would you pour them a cup of coffee.

Nick nods Of course. He goes in the cupboard and gets a couple of coffee mugs out and pours some coffee in each one. You guys can sit down. I swear none of the cushions will bite you.

Alexis smiles at him Nick, stop teasing them. She looks at you Josh, Nick and I will be fine. Anatolii is helping me...Us...Find my sister. Some of the other wolves have contacted us and told us they have felt Steve's death and we are going to try to figure out who the new leader would be. Nick and I are trying to figure out which of Steve's men were following him because they had to and which ones are still loyal to him. She smiles and puts her hand on yours Josh, we'll be fine. I can never thank you and everyone else enough for what you've done for me, Nick and the others.

Crane, Dex & Ashley

Brian looks at you and down at the water a moment. Yeah, that's great that we know where the rock is and all that now...And after we figure out who is going to lift it and go down, how the hell we gonna get the bones out? I mean we going to toss them one by one to shore or play fetch with the dog? There's...206 bones in the human body. Any of those bones could be broken in two, three or more places. Not to mention some of them could have sunk even further in the muck down there.
DM Aberrant

Postby Ashley » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:23 pm

Ash looks at Crane and nods I know. She looks at the water and then back at Crane. They found the rock thankfully. She looks at Crane I knew they would forget the bag. Can you keep an eye on Dex's things? They won't be able to get the rock up and get the bones. They are going to need three people. I'll be back as soon as I can. She started taking the clothes off below her waist first and then finally her shirt so she was only in a bra and panties.

She looked at the water and knew it was going to be cold but she had to get in there to get the bones. She grabbed a bag out of her purse and began walking out towards Dex and Brian, making sure to keep the bag above the water. When it became too deep for her to walk, she held the bag up in her one arm and tried swimming as best as she could to Brian and Dex. She knew she could basically hold on to Dex or Brian when she went out there so she didn't have to wade in the water.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:03 am

Dex heard a splash and looked up. Ashley was wading out toward them.

He grimaced and waded toward her, meeting her halfway and then wading back with her to where they had found the bones.

“Oh Baby, you didn’t have to come out here. We could have come back to shore.”

He was concerned about her still-open wounds. Who knew what kind of bacteria were growing in the pond. But since she was here, Dex accepted it, and gestured down into the water where they’d found the rock.

“Okay, we think her bones are under a rock that’s directly below us.”

It was too dark to see that far under the water, and they had been kicking up a lot of sediment, further muddying the issue…literally.

“I think Brian and I can pull it up and roll it aside. And then we can take turns diving down and collecting the bones, if you can hold the bag for us, Baby. We don’t want that bag sloshing around down there and stuff falling out.”

He paused.

“Two hundred and six bones, huh? I hope they’re all down there.”
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:04 am

Josh smiled and accepted the coffee, sipping lightly.

He found a chair and offered it to Chris, then grabbed one for himself, sitting down, facing Alexis and Nick.

“I’m glad Anatolii is helping you guys. He’s a great friend and I know he won’t give up until the matter is settled and he’s sure you guys are safe.”

Josh warmed his hands in the coffee cup.

“You know, maybe you aren’t interested, but I have an idea. Maybe you should lead the pack, Alexis. No one else has your insight and visions. And no one else will be as even-handed, and protective of the rights of women and children. Even if you found a new leader who was only following Steve ‘because he had to’, well, that’s kind of like the Nazis, right? That kind of thing can still change a man.”

He met Alexis’ eyes.

“It’s just an idea. Think about it. With the right support, you could make a big change for the better.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Cornelius Crane » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:11 am

Crane stomped out his cigar, which he’d smoked down to a nub, and nodded to Ashley.

“Yeah, sure. If any ghosts come bah, Ah won’t let ‘em take Dex’s shit without a faht.”

In truth he didn’t really care one way or the other about Dex’s things, but he made Ashley happy, and that served as reason enough to do what she’d asked. He took another look around and then squatted beside Dallas, looping one arm around the dog’s neck gently.

“Ah think we’re gonna be bored out here, old friend,” he said to Dallas. “Probably best that way, though.”

He scratched Dallas’ ears and looked up when he heard some shuffling near Ashley. For an instant he glimpsed her near-naked form before quickly averting his eyes. Jesus Chrahst. Fuckin’ warn a man first.

Crane waited until he heard Dex and Ashley talking before he began again checking the perimeter of the area, keeping watch for anything out of the ordinary, which when he thought about it, was a bit backwards. His whole life was out of the ordinary. He decided to watch for anything at all, and assume that whatever it was, it needed his attention.
Cornelius Crane
Veteran
Veteran

Postby DM Aberrant » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:16 pm

Josh

Alexis smiles at you I appreciate the thought Josh but I'm not strong enough to be the alpha. There are stronger wolves in this pack and others that would kill me just to be the alpha and they would know they could easily kill me to be our alpha.

Nick nods Alexis is right Josh. She'd be killed within the week of her becoming the new leader and I am not going to lose her like that. Steve had a lot of contacts, people he intimidated, threatened, abused, used and paid off. When they find out he's dead, I'm not sure what's going to happen. If they'll come after us, leave us alone, try to control us or just kill us. Alexis and I are trying to find others in the packs that we know we can trust and who'll help us now. But if we stick together, I think we'll make it out of this alright. He kisses Alexis on the cheek Maybe we can even figure out a way so that all of us have a say or vote in our pack.

She smiles and looks at you We'll be fine Josh. It'll take us some time to heal our wounds but with Steve gone, it'll help us become a stronger pack.

Dex, Ashley & Crane

Brian looks at Ashley and it's obvious he's trying to hide his surprise at seeing her getting in the water. He tries to concentrate on figuring out how to lift the rock up to get the bones while Dex meets Ashley in the water.

Crane as you stand there and look around, you can feel the air change in a way and you notice Elizabeth standing off to the side and glaring at the water. I will find a way to kill all of you.
DM Aberrant

PreviousNext

Return to Supernatural: Chasing the Bad ~ DM Aberrant