The Exes Do Come Back to Haunt You Eventually

These groups of hunters are out to save the world from the demons, devils, ghosts, spirits and the monsters found under the bed and in your closets. Although most of the world doesn’t know or believe in most fairy tales, these hunters are out to try to stop the things that go bump in the night from doing their evil deeds in the world as we know it. Some bonds have already been formed and others are still being built. But will they be able to survive from the dangerous things they hunt? Will they be able to trust one another enough to try and fight together? Or will they collapse under pressure? These hunters will face dark times and go down a long dark road. Will they find hope or loss at the end of their path or paths? Happiness or despair? Life or Death? Will they ever find Dex, the one hunter who may have already lost his life to the demons? Each of them must draw from their strengths and work together or they will finally meet and stare death in the eyes.

Moderator: DM Aberrant

The Exes Do Come Back to Haunt You Eventually

Postby DM Aberrant » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:54 pm

Chris & Brian stopped at the previous hotel/motel and retrieved everyone's possessions. They bring back some Chinese food, more than enough for everyone to get their fair share and then some. Chris made sure he got some variety flavors of ice cream and asked the girls which flavor they wanted before bringing back his own container to his room. He brought the extra things Ashley asked for on her list and gave the prescriptions to James to take. Gabe watches Lori to make sure she doesn't eat too much that evening.

Everyone wakes up after a good night's sleep...Well for some anyways...James slept for a few hours through the night after taking his pain killers and would wake up and take a couple more. He hoped he wasn't disturbing Crane in any way when he woke up to take his pills. Lori on the other hand, slept through the entire night. It was the best night's sleep she had in a very long time. She was especially grateful for the hot shower and some fresh clothes to put on.
DM Aberrant

Re: The Exes Do Come Back to Haunt You Eventually

Postby Ashley » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Ash felt snuggling warm, almost too hot. She stirred and almost felt like she was suffocating. She woke and sat up in the bed, breathing heavy. She looked around and realized she was in a motel room and felt Dex's arm around her waist squeezing her for a moment and then loosening his arm around her. She looked down at him, how peaceful he looked as he lied there. She wanted to kiss him all over, much like she did last night but she remembered the surprise she had for him.

She carefully moved his arm around her waist and slipped as quietly as she could from the bed. She wanted nothing more than to spoon with him but she wanted to surprise him and if he woke before she was done, the surprise would be ruined. She tiptoed to the small kitchen and pulled out the things she needed. She was going to give Josh a big fat kiss for getting a room with a kitchen. She found a couple of pans and started cooking the bacon and sausage because those would take the longest to cook.

She dug around in the cupboards as quietly as she could before she found a big bowl. She glanced towards the bed every once in awhile to make sure Dex was still asleep but she was sure he'd wake up as soon as he smelled the bacon and sausage cooking. She found the box of pancake mix and immediately poured enough in the bowl to make enough for everyone. She added some water and started stirring, getting all the lumps out of the batter and then started the pan with some oil. She pulled out the biggest platter she could find and put it to the side as she poured some of the batter in a measuring cup.

She started pouring the batter in the pan, getting the chocolate chips out for theses pancakes. She got another plate and sprinkled some chocolate chips on the pancake. She continued making the pancakes and covering them up, while turning the sausages and bacon. She hoped Dex was surprised by the pancakes and wanted nothing more than to see a smile on his face.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:08 pm

Ashley

You continue to cook pancakes (I'm going to assume you cook the plain ones first, then the blueberry and then the chocolate chips) as the bacon and sausage cooks. You are busier than a bee in a beehive as you cook for Dex and everyone else, making sure you have enough for everyone, especially the blueberry pancakes. You finally get everything done and cooked. You cut the butter sticks in half, pour some syrup in cups, get the pitcher of juice out, butter the toast, put the bacon (crispy and not so crispy) and sausage (brown and darker brown) on plates to get ready to bring to the different rooms.

Dex

You are so sound asleep that you didn't even feel Ashley get out of bed in the morning beside you. You are sound asleep either from exhaustion or just because you knew Ashley was safe beside you. You finally wake up to the wonderful smell of pancakes, blueberry, chocolate chips, bacon, sausage, coffee and toast. (Damn it...Now I'm craving chocolate chip pancakes!)

Crane

You wake up when you hear the shower going. When you open your eyes, you see James isn't in his bed and realize he must be in the shower. You can hear soft moans and groans of pain coming from inside the bathroom and know he's still in a lot of pain. Dallas is still beside you and looks up at you when you open your eyes.

Josh

You can feel Chris stirring beside you. He slips from the bed as quietly as he can and tiptoes in the bathroom, obviously not wanting to wake you up but would much rather let you get some sleep that you need. You can hear him turn the shower on in the bathroom. As the shower turns on, you can hear the familiar sound of your cell phone ringing. When/If you look at the number, you recognize it but you can't remember whose number it is.
DM Aberrant

Postby Ashley » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:12 am

When Ash was finally done with all the cooking and getting the extras out and done, she was surprised Dex was still sleeping. She checked to see if he was alright and when she saw him breathing, she let out a sigh of relief. She covered his pancakes, toast, bacon and sausage so it'd stay hot as she got the first platter ready to take down to Brian and AJ's room. She knew Dex would be mad at her for leaving by herself but she didn't want to wake him up.

She dug some sweat pants out of her duffle bag and put them on as she kept an eye on Dex to make sure he didn't wake up. If he did, she knew he would tell her she couldn't leave the room alone. But she had to. She would have to do things on her own, like go for her morning run which she'd not been doing lately and she needed to get back to doing it or she'd lose all the time, effort and distance she'd been working to achieve.

She grabbed her key to the room, grabbed a pen and paper and wrote Dex a note - Dex, I'll be right back. Your breakfast is on the table. Love, Ash She grabbed the first platter of stuff and carefully opened the door. She walked down to Brian & AJ's room first and knocked softly on the door.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:01 am

Dex woke up, disconcerted. He was expecting Ashley to be next to him, and she was not.

“Baby?” He listened hard and didn’t hear anyone in the bathroom, so he got out of bed and walked to the bathroom door. No Ashley. Dex poked his head in the kitchen. No Ashley, again, but he spotted a covered plate and a note.

He read the note first, frowning. Then he grabbed his pants and put them on, and opened the door to look around, trying to spot Ashley. He worried about her, especially since someone who would impersonate him was running around out there.

Dex looked around to see if he could spot her.
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:07 am

Josh woke up to the sound of his cell phone.

He was disoriented for a moment, but where he was came flooding back. He and Chris had stayed up a bit late, so it was no wonder he’d slept in. He felt pleasantly spent, like after a good, hard workout, and that was pretty much what it had been.

It had been a while. It had been exactly what he had needed.

Josh heard the sound of the water running in the bathroom, which was comforting as well, to know Chris was nearby. His phone rang again, and he frowned at the display.

The number was vaguely familiar, but he couldn’t think of who it was. It was better to be on the safe side.

“Hello?” he answered, simply.
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Cornelius Crane » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Crane smacked dry lips and ran a hand though his stringy, thinning hair. He’d only had to get up once during the night to pee. That was pretty good, he thought. More importantly, he hadn’t woken up still drunk, as he had for weeks leading up to yesterday, when he found Dallas. He stroked the dog’s forehead, then gave him a gentle hug around the neck. Dallas licked Crane’s stubbly face and put a paw on Crane’s knee.

“They feel better now,” Crane said. “But next tahm, let’s trah to find the damsel in distress somewhere not so deep, okay?”

Dallas let out a single sharp bark, like he was agreeing. Crane rubbed his muzzle and put some more water in his dish.

The shower was running, though James sounded like he was having some difficulty. Crane didn’t think much of it – if James was tough enough to survive the werewolves, he’d survive a shower just fine. The old man turned on the coffee machine and brewed a cup of whatever no-name discount store brand the motel carried.

He drank it black. It tasted like tar and gasoline. Crane liked it. He put the box of coffee grounds into his duffel bag.

Dallas was sniffing at the air, detecting what Ashley had cooked several rooms away. Crane pulled on a new set of clothes and with his mug in one hand, opened the door with the other. Dallas padded out beside him, and they both saw Ashley standing in front of the room where Comics and Cheshire were staying.

“Mornin’.” Crane nodded and lifted his mug. The dog cocked his head to one side, looking at the plates of food more than at Ashley.
Cornelius Crane
Veteran
Veteran

Postby DM Aberrant » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:32 pm

Crane, Ashley & Dex

Dex, you see Ashley standing outside Brian & AJ's door with a big plate of food in her hands. Crane comes out of his room just as the door to Brian & AJ's room opens.

Ashley can hear someone stumbling to the door just as Crane comes out of his room. The door opens and you see Brian standing there wearing a pair of boxer shorts. (You have to kind of use your imagination...)The door opens right after Crane comes out of his room and says 'Morning' to you.

He rubs at his eyes, blinking at the bright light. It takes his eyes a few moments to adjust to the light. Doc? He blinks and realizes you got a plate of food in your hands. Doc...Wow...Is that all for me? He smiles widely Jeez... He lifts the platter from your arms Sorry...I should have thought of that sooner. He looks inside the room and gets a wicked smile on his face. So glad he's sleeping...Because he's not getting any of this. Doc, hang on a sec. He uses his foot to hold the door open and carefully sets everything down on the table. He hands the tray back to you and leans down and kisses you on the cheek. Doc, I swear, if your man wasn't with you right now, I'd have gave you a kiss you wouldn't have forgotten. I'm not going to forget this Doc.

You can say what you need to say to him before he shuts the door.

Josh

[Sorry Josh, I forgot to post this in my initial post]

You answer the phone and you hear a familiar voice on the other end. Josh? It's Alec...Is your dad alright? Once you answer him, he says Where the hell are you guys, I'm about ten minutes from Salem.
DM Aberrant

Postby Ashley » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Ash felt guilty about waking Brian and/or AJ up. She jumped a bit when Crane said Morning to her. She turned to look at him and noticed Dex walking towards her just as the door opened and Brian stood there in his boxer shorts. She turned to look at who opened the door and her face immediately went red. She whispered Sorry... She turned her head towards Crane, Dallas and Dex as Brian took the stuff off the tray and set it down.

She looked at Crane and smiled Morning Crane...I...uh...have breakfast for you...And Dallas. She looked at Dex walking towards her and was worried he'd be mad at her for leaving but even more upset that Brian was in his boxers and she was talking to him. When Brian got her attention and handed her the tray, she turned back towards him, thankful that AJ was still asleep and she didn't have to see or talk to him. But then Brian leaned down and kissed her on the cheek, saying something softly to her. Her face went beet red again and she looked up at him It's...uh...ok...Sorry, I woke you up...

She quickly walks back towards Dex and smiles embarrassingly at him and Crane. Dex...I'm sorry...I didn't want to wake you up. I'm sorry you had to come looking for me...I left you a note... She looks at Crane and bends down to scratch Dallas behind the ears. She looks up at Crane & Dex I made breakfast for you... She looks at Crane I wasn't sure if you'd like blueberry or regular pancakes...I have bacon and sausage, toast and some juice, if you want to come to our room and get your breakfast Crane.

She stands up and puts her arms around Dex And I have breakfast for you too...But I have to bring Lori, Gabe, Josh & Chris theirs too.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:44 am

Dex smiled, relieved when he saw Ashley. He didn’t want to be a controlling asshole, but when Ashley ran off without him, he worried. The threat was real and present, and perpetual. He only felt all right when she was with him.

“Thanks, Baby. I just wanted to make sure everything’s okay. I’ll help you pass out the breakfasts if you want.”

He eyed Brian for a moment, frowning as he got a little too close for his liking. Both Brian and AJ needed to learn a thing or two about boundaries. But he didn’t say anything, letting Ashley finish her conversation.

He nodded to Crane as he walked up.
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:45 am

“Oh, god, Uncle Alec.”

Josh closed his eyes, grimacing. He had forgotten to call Alec in all the chaos that was yesterday. Now Alec was probably going to kill him, right after he got through killing James. He pushed back the sheets and searched for his pants, keeping the phone pressed between jaw and shoulder.

He could picture his Uncle Alec’s face as he worried, eyes blazing and blue, frighteningly intense. While James was a perpetual puppy dog, Alec had more of a bite to him. Josh winced.

“Yeah, I should have called you. Before you start worrying, James is okay. He’s a little beat up, but nothing he hasn’t been through before. He lost his cell phone though, so that’s why you haven’t been able to get in touch with him.”

He tugged on his pants, then covered the phone’s receiver.

“Hey, I’ll be right back!” he called to Chris. He pulled on a fresh t-shirt, stomped into his boots, then scooped up his room key, wallet, and gun, leaving the other key for Chris. He threw his black leather motorcycle jacket over his ensemble. His hair was sticking up a little funny, but what could you do.

Josh spoke into the phone again as he walked under the awning toward James’ room.

“Sorry, Uncle Alec. Anyway, we’re at the Spotlight Motel on Third Street.”

It looked like there was a small crowd outside one of the rooms, and Josh frowned as he arrived. He saw Ashley, Crane, Dex, Dallas, and Brian. Brian was wearing boxer shorts. Everyone else was dressed. He slowed up before he got there, watching their body language, but no one seemed to be worried. He relaxed a bit.

“I’ll fill you in on the rest when you get here, okay?”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Josh

You can just hear Alec rolling his eyes and making a face when you say Uncle Alec. You can hear him chuckle and tease you Well...No need to be calling God now...Uncle Alec is Ok for now. He listens to you covering the phone and had a feeling you were with someone else. What room is James in? Once you give him the room number he says I'll be there in a few.

As everyone stands outside Crane's room, Gabe opens her room door. She looks outside and sees everyone standing around and walks over to the group. What happened?

[Brian & AJ are in their room. Brian went back inside his room to eat the pancakes and not share with AJ]
DM Aberrant

Postby Ashley » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:15 pm

Ash smiled up at Dex You're so sweet...No, I want you to eat your breakfast while it's hot. She looked around as another door opened and Gabe walked over towards them and Josh. She looked at Gabe I'm glad you are here too. I made some breakfast. If you want to come over to my room and bring a plate back to your room for you and Lori, I'd really appreciate it.

She waited for Josh to get off the phone and walk over towards them. I guess everyone could smell the food... She looked at Josh I made pancakes, sausage, bacon and toast. If you want to bring a plate back to your room for you and Chris. She looked down at Dallas Don't worry, I made extra food for you too. I wouldn't let you starve.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby Josh Corbett » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:57 am

“He’s in room eight, Uncle Alec,” Josh said. “I’m standing right outside. I’ll see you when you get here.”

He ended the call and walked over to the group, nodding at everyone briefly in turn. When Ashley told him about the pancakes, he smiled.

“That’s wonderful, luv. You didn’t have to do that. But thank you for doing it. Your cooking is wonderful.”

Dex, who was standing next to Ashley, scowled at him, though it was fairly mild. Still, Josh sighed internally. Maybe one day the guy would stop being a reactionary asshole and calm down. Josh wondered if he would have to take Dex aside and explain a few things privately.

Josh looked back at Ashley.

“Do you have any leftover pancakes, luv? I only ask because my Uncle Alec is on his way. He’s James’ best friend, and he’s a hunter like us, kind of more or less retired, but he still goes into the field from time to time. Anyway, if he’s hungry, would it be all right if he had something to eat too?”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:58 am

Dex waited and listened, sticking close to Ashley but not talking much. He wasn’t exactly the social sort. He nodded at Gabe when she walked up, however, and was relieved when Brian stepped back into his room. No sign of AJ. That was good too.

He didn’t much like Josh calling Ashley ‘luv’ all the time, but at least, unlike the others, he didn’t ogle Ashley, kiss her on the cheek, or make any inappropriate comments. Dex thought he would have to relax a bit, since Ashley and Josh were friends.

He wasn’t going to eat until he could sit down with Ashley. Even if their lives weren’t normal, all he wanted right then was to sit down across from her at the table and have a meal together, like a normal couple.
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Next

Return to Supernatural: Chasing the Bad ~ DM Aberrant