Dex's Demon Book

These groups of hunters are out to save the world from the demons, devils, ghosts, spirits and the monsters found under the bed and in your closets. Although most of the world doesn’t know or believe in most fairy tales, these hunters are out to try to stop the things that go bump in the night from doing their evil deeds in the world as we know it. Some bonds have already been formed and others are still being built. But will they be able to survive from the dangerous things they hunt? Will they be able to trust one another enough to try and fight together? Or will they collapse under pressure? These hunters will face dark times and go down a long dark road. Will they find hope or loss at the end of their path or paths? Happiness or despair? Life or Death? Will they ever find Dex, the one hunter who may have already lost his life to the demons? Each of them must draw from their strengths and work together or they will finally meet and stare death in the eyes.

Moderator: DM Aberrant

Dex's Demon Book

Postby DM Aberrant » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:57 am

Here I will post the pages in Dex's Demon book.
DM Aberrant

Draci

Postby DM Aberrant » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:03 pm

I hope that my writing will continue for generations to come. We are the ancient blood of the McNabb Clan. We are bound to hunt those not human until the final drop of blood of the evil that now runs on this world is banished.

My father told me a story of a woman who bound our blood for generations to come. We would hunt this evil because of our ancestors. A man used his blood to create monsters, this woman’s brother, used his blood to create more demons, things that should not be. And now all of us are to hunt these creatures with that blood, kill and banish them.

At first, I did not believe it to be true. These were stories to frighten us as children but I have seen with my own eyes the things that make my hot blood go cold at the sight of them. My first encounter was when I was hunting for food for my family.

I stopped at a small stream knowing game would come here to drink. I walked upstream and as I was walking, I heard a scream and a splash. I immediately ran up the stream towards the sounds. I saw a woman fighting the water.

I tried grabbing her to pull her out of the stream but she would not come out. She seemed to go further in the water. I put my legs in the water and grabbed her around the waist. I almost went under the water myself and was pulled under but got away. There was something under the water that pulled me down.

I fought whatever it was that tried to pull me down. I got away and on to the shore where I pulled the woman with me. It took us several minutes to catch our breath. When we were able to speak, I asked her what happened.

She told me there was a wooden plate in the water and reached out to grab it. A hand grabbed her arm and pulled her into the water. She would have drowned if I had not come by. She told me of other women who would come to the stream and be lost forever.

I took the young woman home and went back to the stream. I immediately walked the stream, looking for this wooden plate but did not find any. I believe this demon tricks only women with these wooden plates in the water. It must be a male demon because he only preys on women.

[You can tell it is a different day because the handwriting seems different, like it’s slanted slightly different than the above]

I have found the demon’s lair. I searched the stream and found a deep hole in the water. I dove to the bottom and found the demon with a woman and child. The demon stole the woman to mate and care for its child. She is now pregnant with the demon’s child. I do not know if I should kill the child, the mother and the unborn child. I have slain the demon with a knife but what to do with the woman and child, born and unborn?

I have saved the woman from her life with the beast or have I? Am I not a beast if I take her life also? It is not her fault her womb grows with child. Nor is it the child's fault of who or what it is. She has asked me to kill the child when it is born and also the young of the man. I freed her from her prison of the underwater only to bring her to the surface after killing the child beast. She has told me she would see a woman she knows to kill the beast inside her.

I walk with her to the woman's house and learn she has been in the underground cavern several months to care for the child. The beast got her pregnant to nurse the young one. How the woman could let the monster suckle her nipple, I will never know. But she has told me the beast are known as Draci. She heard tales of them from the old woman of the hills she lives by but she has never believed anything the old woman has said.

The woman herbalist she sees tells her she will still birth the child because her womb is swollen. I sit with her as the woman helps her rid her body of the monstrosity. I have burned the bloody, dead body of it, thankful it will not steal a woman from this life. I pray for forgiveness and hope God will have mercy on my soul.
DM Aberrant

Am Fear Liath Mòr

Postby DM Aberrant » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:20 pm

Am Fear Liath Mòr or The Big Grey Man of Ben MacDhui

I have been traveling for weeks now on horseback in search of the monsters my father has spoke about. I travel day and night trying to put an end to this madness or curse. I believe now I will not have children. For this is nothing but madness. I travel in search of things and when I ask people if they have had any troubles, they say no. I travel on. I hunt when I can and feed my horse where ever he may find food and water.

I do not know what day it is any more. I feel the sun burning on my face and sweat like a hog but then the moon is in the sky and I am suddenly freezing. The only warmth I receive is from a small fire if I am able to build one that night. I fear my days are coming to an end because I am going mad in my brain. I feel I have saved one woman from the grasp of hell but only to find myself now there. I find myself wondering if more of these beasts exist or if I am just chasing my tail like a dog.

As I stopped for a meal one day, I noticed the mountain to my east. It could only be the Cairngorms. I start traveling towards them in the hopes to find shelter and a place to spend the night. I think I'd give my life for a bale of hay to sleep on for the night.

My travels have proved to be worthwhile and I no longer believe myself to be a raving madman. I believe I have seen a very tall man walking the path of the mountain at night. But I do not think he has the blood of a human. He is over seven feet tall with hair covering his entire body. I am not sure if this is a trick of the light from the mountains or the darkness that falls from the shadows of the rocks. I have now found myself wondering the rocky, treacherous paths at night and day in search of this creature.

I have come across old blood and skeleton remains of those who have possibly had the misfortune of coming across this creature. I do not know if they have died at the hands of this creature or rather by chance fell and died alone. I hope none of them cried for help because their cries have gone unanswered until now when it is too late. I have buried the bones under rocks I have been able to find but now at night I wonder if their spirits taunt me.

I have made a fire and now all I see are shadows moving across the paths further up and down the mountain, across from me and on the ground below me. Is this my eyes playing tricks on my mind again? I don't dare try to follow the shadows any more. I have slipped and tripped on too many rocks. I nearly fell to my death this time tonight. I believe someone stopped me from falling to my death below like the bones of the dead I have buried up here. I stumbled on a rock and then slid down on a ledge. I felt my body go over and only my legs were on the ledge, holding me in the balance of life and death. I stared at death's ground below me and saw death's door opening to swallow me like those I found.

I closed my eyes as I did not want to see the teeth of the monster swallow me whole as I slipped through life's fingers. But I felt hands grabbing my ankles at the last moment and pulling my spirit back to my body. I lied there with my eyes closed waiting to feel the pain as the jaws snapped through my body but they never did. When I opened them, I saw him then. His skin was grayish in color, but short, brown hair covered his entire body from head to toe. He wore no clothing and he was very thin. When he saw my eyes open he fled from me. I do not know where he ran or if it was a dream. But this beast man saved my life.
DM Aberrant

Re: Count Furfur or Furtur

Postby DM Aberrant » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:48 am

I have learned not all non human things are evil. The grey man has saved me from the jaws of death. I have left the mountains now in search of answers. But who shall give me the answers I seek? Do I trust my eyes or heart to see the true soul of a person? I have been tricked by my eyes but not my heart. I thought to kill the grey man, thinking it was he who cast those men to the jaws of hell. But yet he saves me? Why? Am I true of heart? Has the wickedness not found a way to crawl into my bones?

I travel on foot again. I know not where I am any more. I just let my feet take me in the direction they wish. I have lost my horse with my supplies and only hope that I may find a home with a gracious host to fill my belly of food. My hunger for food is by far worse than my thirst for blood of the non humans. I travel with the sun to my left most days. I try to find shelter in trees when it becomes too hot to walk in the sun's rays. Traveling by night has proven to be worse but I dare not sleep.

I can see the eyes of the things that hunt me or perhaps other helpless creatures. I do not have many weapons to defend myself against these creatures. I have found a big enough branch to craft a bow and others to make arrows to provide me with some way of hunting. My knife has become my right hand since it is all I use. I sleep with it in my hand even at night.

I have stumbled upon a small village. I have been given food and water to quench my thirst and hunger but yet I still hunger and thirst. They have let me stay with them several days and nights but I find myself waking up at night drenched in my own sweat. They tell me I scream for mercy and must wake me as I sleep or I shall wake their dead. I have asked them if the dead have risen and they tell me they have.

Are they lying to me? Or do they speak the truth? I look in their eyes and I believe them to tell me the truth but they are also lying. I then search my heart for answers and it tells me the same. I talk with these people and they take me for a journey. We walk for awhile until we hear the screams of a child. I can feel my blood running through my body suddenly chill. The sun is high in the sky and I have only been sweating moments ago from our walk. But now I find myself shivering as I did at night in the cold forest with nothing to protect me.

I stay frozen until the scream cuts through the air again. The man and his brother continue walking and wait for me to catch up. I walk with them to a small building with a lock on the door. I can hear the child's cry from inside and wonder why they would need to lock this child. They warn me do not talk to the beast. Do not believe the lies it tells. They take the lock off the door. There is suddenly silence. A boom of thunder startles me as it booms through the air.

I look at the sky and see dark clouds suddenly forming and floating in the air. I wonder what tricks these men play on me. The sky was clear only moments ago and now the air is dark and cold. My skin now looks like that of a plucked chicken. I look inside and my eyes play tricks on me again. There is a girl child not more than five to six years old. She is dark hair and she has a rag across her mouth. Her hands and legs are tied to the legs of a table.

She looks at me scared and frightened. She is shaking. The smell of her bodily fluids suddenly hits my nose and I find myself retching my food I ate this morning on the grass. I go to take a drink of water from the barrel to get the taste out of my mouth. I put my hand in the water and as I lift it to my mouth again, the clear liquid suddenly turns red. I try to spit the vile water out of my mouth and I hear laughter. But it is not the men's laughter I hear. It is that of a child but I can hear a man's laugh joining it.

I turn to the men but both are standing with their mouths closed. I go to the door again. The child has the rag hanging around her neck. She looks at me Did you enjoy the water? Her voice is so deep that I can not believe it came from her mouth. I stand there until one of the men touch me and I jump. The child laughs again. Why do you have her tied to the table?

The man Arturo says to me She is too strong for a child. She has more strength than a team of oxen.

Please leave me with her. I will return to your home later before the moon is in the air.

The men look at me a moment but leave me with the child man. I find a chair to sit on so I may speak to this child. I find I can not leave her until I know which lies to me. My heart or my eyes. Maybe both are lying to me. I can hear the rain hitting the roof of house. I can see the lightning as it lets me see the child in light. When it stops I can not see her features. Her skin looks almost white and I believe I can see the blue and green lines under them reminding me that she is human like me.

What is your name?

I am suddenly looking at the child and her skin is coloring like someone has taken a branch full of leaves and brushed her with sand. It is a sweet child's voice I hear I...I am...Elizabeth...Help me...

Elizabeth, what is wrong with you?

She smiles wickedly and I feel my blood go cold. I see my breath in the air as smoke rises from my mouth. There is nothing wrong with her! I will devour her soul. Let me go please...

I fall my chair as the two voices come out of her mouth. Now I wonder if my ears play tricks on me as well. I hear the two voices from this child but yet there is only two people in this room. I have searched the home for another but no one else hides in the walls or floors.

I have stayed with the child for hours trying to talk to her. I try different things but I still hear the two voices. Her eyes turn red when the man's voice comes from her mouth and I know she has something inside her. Do I start cutting her to find the demon? How do I get the demon from her body? This child cries and begs me to help her but I am more helpless than a newborn babe. I have no guidance. Not even from my father or mother like a baby does.

I have spent days with this child demon. I now know why they have strapped her arms and legs. She begged me to let her go in her child's voice and I was foolish. I listened not with my heart. I undid the one arm and the men were right about her being stronger than a team of oxen. Her hand got my throat and threw me into the wall. I have never seen a child so powerful. I lie in blackness, floating in the air. I think I have went to the spirit world because my father greets me.

He tells me to draw a triangle around the table. The child demon will only tell me truth and not lies. I suddenly blink and realize I am in a bed of hay. I try to move but I am in so much pain. They tell me I have broken ribs and I must lie in bed for several more weeks. I can not believe a child has shamed me like this. I drink hot broth as the women tend me during the day. At night, I dream of demons, wicked things and having a wife to love.

I can not shake the images of the hell in my mind. I drink broth from the spoon Melina has given to me. I find myself wanting her to feed me when another woman comes to me. I beg them to send her to me. I tell them I will only take broth from her spoon. They gave into my wish to make me strong. Now I find myself thinking of her when my eyes are open. I find myself dreaming of her as I sleep.

She has bespelled me in some way. I find myself stronger and her visits less and less. I have sought her in the village and find she is married. I find myself consumed with only thoughts of her and the child forgotten. I must have her. I know if her and I are to be together, the man must die. If we are found together, we shall be stoned to death.

But shall I be no better than a beast? Have I suddenly become what I am hunting? Do I kill the man to have the woman who has bespelled me with her love? Is not my happiness the most important?

I find myself in a conversation with the girl's father. It took me several long moments to remember the child demon. He has presented me with an offer. He will kill the man if I help his daughter. He will come by tomorrow for my answer. Shall I take his offer? All I need to do is help rid the child of the demon in her body. I am not killing the man myself so my hands will be clean of his death. My hands will not be coated in his blood, the girl's father will.

He is here now to find my answer. What do I tell him?

It is now the next day and I find myself going to the girl. I have found a white rock to draw the triangle around the table as my father said. But the child is gone and only the demon remains. Her eyes have now bled to red. I draw the knife and rock from my belt.

I look into the eyes of the demon as I hold the knife high above my head. I need to put it in the heart of the child. But she changes before me again. She cries tears and begs for her life. I slowly put the knife away. I draw the triangles as my father's spirit told me all over the room. No matter where this child demon shall step, it will land in one.

Who are you?

Elizabeth... Count Furfur and you shall pay for your ignorance.

I ask again, who are you?

Count Furfur...

How did you come to be in the child's body?

It smiled She was walking in the forest and I stumbled upon her. But we are many...We shall devour the souls of all of you! We shall use your blood to open the gates so we may roam free upon this land again!

Whose blood?

The child with the mark! The blood of your father! Those who have the blood we seek!

Suddenly she stands on the table and looks at the triangles on the floor and smiles wickedly. Leave the girl's body! I cast you out of the girl and tell you to go back to the hell from whence you came.

The child demon laughed and I watched as her legs turned to that of of a deer. She leapt from the table and through the door. I chased the child demon and found it not far from the door. A piece of wood caught in the stomach. Her insides were splayed out on the ground as her father came to us. She was suddenly the child again and I find myself crying that I could not help this child. I look around and I see a deer with many antlers and wings fly to the sky.

The child's eyes look at me lifelessly. I see someone rushing to me. It is Melina. I look at the child and scream NO! as I hold her in my arms. I did not want her father to kill the man. I told him even if he did kill Melina's husband his blood would be on my hands. Melina is beside me. Her hands bloody but it not the child's blood that is on them. She has not touched the child.

We must leave now. I can not lie no more. It is you I love. I have killed my husband. I want to be with you and not him. She coaxes me away from the girl and I find myself lying at night with her in my arms. I have cried every night knowing I love her and she loves me but a child paid for our love with her life. I have become the beast, the monster I hunt now lies within my own body somewhere. I do not know when I became the beast and now I know love is a monster.

It consumes me with every breath I take. Every time I look upon Melina. Is there nothing I would not do for her love? I was tricked to fall in love by the demon Furfur only to find he has escaped me and more run the ground with which I walk. I have freed the demon myself. And now I hunt him until I take my last breath.
DM Aberrant

The End of One and the Beginning of a New Chapter

Postby DM Aberrant » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:31 am

I have lost the demon countless times. I see him with my eyes closed and even when they are open, I see him in everyone. I have even seen him in my wife, Melina. It taunts me as I breathe on this world. I have thoughts of killing Melina but then I shake my head and it is my wife standing before me.

She asks me if I am alright as the tears from my body roll from head to toe off me. I feel I have lost my sanity and even now all I can think of is to kill everyone around me. I am ashamed of myself and have thought of taking my own life so I will not take that of another innocent life. I have killed my wife’s daughter and she was innocent, innocent of any and everything. Her only guilt was to be born and breathe.

And now, Melina carries my child in her womb. Will I be able to look at the babe in her arms and think of the girl I killed? Will I look at it and want to kill it, like I have so many others? I find myself retching what little I eat at the thoughts that play with my mind. I think it is the demon trying to play with me and make me remember what I have done and what I want to do.

I find myself crying when I am alone. Wondering what I have done to deserve this punishment, this curse. I was told it was a blessing to be one of who I am from a clan long ago. That I have magic in my blood. But I wish the magic would show me a way to end this madness.

[The handwriting is very shaky and almost ineligible to read]

It has been months since I have been able to write. Even now my hand shakes as I write this. My body is cold but water drips from my body. I am with fever she tells me. But even now I see the eyes of the demon in my wife’s body. It tells me she is going to have the babe soon and the demon will come forth from her legs.

I lie in bed and weep as I have never had before. I have only one visitor to try and give me a peaceful sleep. I have asked him to give this to my son if he is not a demon child. He looks at me and tells me to rest. I need rest. I have hidden my book in the hopes no demon will find it and before I die, I will hand my book to Cathal for safe keeping. My book must never fall into the hands of the evil.
DM Aberrant

The White Wolf

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:20 am

[The handwriting changes and you can tell it’s someone else writing in the journal now]

My name is Cathal and I have been given this book, his writings to give to his son. He rambled about demons and wrote about them in this book but I have not seen any. I pray his son is not mad like he was. I am a man of the cloth and I believe in the one and only Almighty Father, God.

Perhaps God has blessed me and not let me fight these demons that he has spoken of. The man, who wrote his words before me, has asked that I not name him. He was ashamed and guilt eventually took his life for the innocent life he took. I have seen to his wishes and burned his body when he passed on and have found the book to continue his story.

He rambled and screamed at things I could not see. He said it was coming for him. But what, I do not know. I now travel the lands giving blessing and praying for those that need forgiveness for the sins they have committed. I have told Melina I would return one day to see her son and pass on something from his father when he was older.

I now have traveled weeks in small villages, seeking guidance from my Father. I have encountered so many people who tell me to go across the great waters and seek a place with other men of the cloth. I travel further to the south, I feel my body weakening. I cough up my own blood and I fear my own death will be soon. I can only pray this book will find its way back to the boy I have promised it to.

[The handwriting changes again]

I found this book in the hands of a man and found myself reading the pages and unable to stop. I do not know who the boy is the man of the cloth spoke of, but I have vowed to find Melina and her son. It has taken me years to find her and still my search continues. She seems to move from place to place and every time I ask about a woman named Melina, a son and a husband who died, they tell me she is not here but moved only weeks before I arrived.

Could she know I am looking for her? Can her son sense I am looking for them? Do they think I hunt for them? Is that why they are so elusive? I fear a deer would have been easier to catch with my own bare hands.

I have finally found Melina in a small village. I give this book to her now and her son Jock to continue his writing in the book, hoping one day, it may help understand the history of their family.

[Handwriting changes]

My name is Jock and I have been given this book years ago. I only now have picked it up and read through it. I wish my father was alive to explain many things to me. I know there are vile creatures in this world. I only wished I would know how to hunt and kill them. I have seen such a creature at night prowling the outside of our village. It is a large white wolf with red eyes. I see it at night, circling the village and when any villager approaches it, it disappears into the forest until the next night. Tonight I sit in a tree in the forest waiting for it to appear one night.

I have a spear in the tree with me. I can hear the thing breathing heavy as it approaches. It moves around the trees slowly circling our village but moving closer with every circle. It is bigger than any wolf I have seen. It breathes smoke and I shiver as I look upon it. A part of me wants to kill it but yet it is so beautiful that part of me dares not.

I watch it, fascinated by it as it prowls the village but it does not attack. It waits until nothing moves and goes in before sniffing the ground and finally eating something off the ground that was thrown away. It runs back into the forest and I try to climb down as quietly as I can. I follow its tracks to a small cave. I listen and I can hear the little yelps and growls coming from the cave.

I peer in and its dark inside the cave but I can see the white wolf sitting and movement on the floor by it. It turns its head and sniffs the air, growling. I try to climb up the rocks, hoping it can not climb after me. I am only a little above the opening when I see it come out. It sniffs the ground and follows my trail the way I have come here.

As I climb, I can hear the little yelps and see several small wolf pups trying to follow the mother. She comes back and I see her growling, sniffing the air as she picks one up by the neck and brings it back inside. Do I kill the beast because it’s different? It is only trying to feed its young pups but I feel a coldness about it.

I know it will kill me if it finds me but yet I have found it and have not killed it. Will it show me the same mercy I have shown her?
DM Aberrant

The White Wolf {Cont'd

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:56 pm

I have taken pieces of meat and fat from a deer I have killed to the wolf pups. I wait for the wolf to leave and steal into the cave. They are eager for the food and nip at my fingers. They have gray, black and white fur and are growing more every time I see them. I have earned their trust but what of the white one? Will I ever earn its trust?

I bring a deer leg with me this time. I have not cooked it on the fire and I do not know if they will eat the meat not cooked. I know the white one is in there. I have not seen it leave. I am terrified but yet I must be strong. I carry a knife on my belt knowing it won’t be enough to kill the beast if it should not accept me.

I can hear the breathing, sniffing of the white one as I come closer to the cave. It comes to the mouth of the cave sniffing at the air and bears its teeth to me when it sees me. The pups come to the mouth, hiding behind the white one but the black one comes to me. The white tries to pick it up with its mouth but it eludes the jaws.

It comes running to me and I set the deer leg down. It immediately digs its nose in the meat and tries to pull some meat from the leg. Soon the others join it but the white one snarls at me. I back up a step and it slowly, cautiously takes a step forward. Soon it can not bear the smell of the meat and joins the pups feasting on the leg.

Am I wrong for feeding what others call the demon wolf? It has not killed me yet and I bring the pups and white one food when I am able. The pups are almost as big as the white one now and jump at me when they see me approach. They lick my face and play with me on the ground, nipping at me but never drawing my blood. The white one stays at a distance still though.

If it hated me or it was a demon, would it not have chewed on my bones? Would it not enjoy lapping at my blood on the ground? But yet it hasn’t. It gets closer to me every time I bring food but still forbids me to touch.

I have touched the white one today. I brought it more meat and the pups are fully grown now. I have seen several with other wolves but these are afraid of me. I hope to win their trust one day and prove to my son that looks are not as they appear. Do not judge a beast upon its looks but its intentions. The white one only wished to feed the young pups and did not harm any villagers to feed them. Rather it was more afraid of us than we of it.

I have earned its trust finally after many months and as I watched the young pups grow, I watch my first born son grow. I can not wait to show him the white one and its beauty. I fear he will be afraid of it because of its eyes are not that of a normal wolf but I want him to realize things are not as they first appear. We must watch and learn from the beast. Learn if it is good or vile from the things it does.

My son is now old enough to walk and I fear the white one is old in years. It now depends on me for its food and drink. I bring as much meat and drink as I can when I see it. It feared my son at first and growled as it tried to crawl to me for its food but I showed it my son meant it no harm. But even he was afraid of it at first too. He has fed the wolf and now it has his scent and will take food from him.

I have cried as a woman for the past days. My son was followed to the forest and they learned of the wolf in the cave. I was out hunting when they killed it in its cave and brought it back to the village. I have wept and wept over it as I saw the red blood mar the beauty of its white coat. I fear I have lost a brother to me. I know it sounds odd but I loved the wolf as it was my own family, my brother.

The other wolves howl at night for the loss of one of one its own. The howls grow closer every night and I fear for my wife’s safety. I fear they may attack us one night when we sleep.

And they have. Several villagers have been found torn to shreds. We can not even bury their bodies because there is nothing left of them. Is it my fault that I brought this evil to the village? Is it the villagers fault for killing the beast and bringing the wolves to us?

I feel I brought the evilness to the villagers and I hope with my leave, the wolves will follow me and not kill any more. I have seen several of the pups that I watched grow into wolves, butchered and their pelts used to keep some warm at night. I have refused any of their pelts and I bring my son with me as I steal into the night.

I know they would not attack us now because they have killed my wife as I slept beside her. I do not blame the wolves for the killings or for the death of my wife. They have shown me and my son mercy as I once showed them.

I hope when my son reads this, he will one day understand what I did and why I did what I did. I hope he will not hate me for the loss of his mother but I could not blame him if he has or does.
DM Aberrant

The White Wolf {Cont'd}

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:56 pm

I have taken pieces of meat and fat from a deer I have killed to the wolf pups. I wait for the wolf to leave and steal into the cave. They are eager for the food and nip at my fingers. They have gray, black and white fur and are growing more every time I see them. I have earned their trust but what of the white one? Will I ever earn its trust?

I bring a deer leg with me this time. I have not cooked it on the fire and I do not know if they will eat the meat not cooked. I know the white one is in there. I have not seen it leave. I am terrified but yet I must be strong. I carry a knife on my belt knowing it won’t be enough to kill the beast if it should not accept me.

I can hear the breathing, sniffing of the white one as I come closer to the cave. It comes to the mouth of the cave sniffing at the air and bears its teeth to me when it sees me. The pups come to the mouth, hiding behind the white one but the black one comes to me. The white tries to pick it up with its mouth but it eludes the jaws.

It comes running to me and I set the deer leg down. It immediately digs its nose in the meat and tries to pull some meat from the leg. Soon the others join it but the white one snarls at me. I back up a step and it slowly, cautiously takes a step forward. Soon it can not bear the smell of the meat and joins the pups feasting on the leg.

Am I wrong for feeding what others call the demon wolf? It has not killed me yet and I bring the pups and white one food when I am able. The pups are almost as big as the white one now and jump at me when they see me approach. They lick my face and play with me on the ground, nipping at me but never drawing my blood. The white one stays at a distance still though.

If it hated me or it was a demon, would it not have chewed on my bones? Would it not enjoy lapping at my blood on the ground? But yet it hasn’t. It gets closer to me every time I bring food but still forbids me to touch.

I have touched the white one today. I brought it more meat and the pups are fully grown now. I have seen several with other wolves but these are afraid of me. I hope to win their trust one day and prove to my son that looks are not as they appear. Do not judge a beast upon its looks but its intentions. The white one only wished to feed the young pups and did not harm any villagers to feed them. Rather it was more afraid of us than we of it.

I have earned its trust finally after many months and as I watched the young pups grow, I watch my first born son grow. I can not wait to show him the white one and its beauty. I fear he will be afraid of it because of its eyes are not that of a normal wolf but I want him to realize things are not as they first appear. We must watch and learn from the beast. Learn if it is good or vile from the things it does.

My son is now old enough to walk and I fear the white one is old in years. It now depends on me for its food and drink. I bring as much meat and drink as I can when I see it. It feared my son at first and growled as it tried to crawl to me for its food but I showed it my son meant it no harm. But even he was afraid of it at first too. He has fed the wolf and now it has his scent and will take food from him.

I have cried as a woman for the past days. My son was followed to the forest and they learned of the wolf in the cave. I was out hunting when they killed it in its cave and brought it back to the village. I have wept and wept over it as I saw the red blood mar the beauty of its white coat. I fear I have lost a brother to me. I know it sounds odd but I loved the wolf as it was my own family, my brother.

The other wolves howl at night for the loss of one of one its own. The howls grow closer every night and I fear for my wife’s safety. I fear they may attack us one night when we sleep.

And they have. Several villagers have been found torn to shreds. We can not even bury their bodies because there is nothing left of them. Is it my fault that I brought this evil to the village? Is it the villagers fault for killing the beast and bringing the wolves to us?

I feel I brought the evilness to the villagers and I hope with my leave, the wolves will follow me and not kill any more. I have seen several of the pups that I watched grow into wolves, butchered and their pelts used to keep some warm at night. I have refused any of their pelts and I bring my son with me as I steal into the night.

I know they would not attack us now because they have killed my wife as I slept beside her. I do not blame the wolves for the killings or for the death of my wife. They have shown me and my son mercy as I once showed them.

I hope when my son reads this, he will one day understand what I did and why I did what I did. I hope he will not hate me for the loss of his mother but I could not blame him if he has or does.
DM Aberrant

The Cellar of Station Island

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Do I blame my father for my mother’s death? At first I did. I had so much hatred in me for my father and wolves that I hunted them night and day. I burned with hatred until it almost consumed my soul. I sought forgiveness in Station Island.

I have come here seeking guidance and forgiveness for all of the sins I have committed and to learn to forgive and not blame others for my hatred. I have learned much since I have been here and hope to travel in the lands spreading the faith in others.

I have discovered a cave on the island. I was walking to dinner and the ground gave way below me. I thought for sure I had died and was going to hell for my sins and I had not been forgiven as I thought. When I fell, I broke a bone in my leg. I call for help but no one hears my cries. I feel the hot wind against my face coming from the blackness that surrounds me. I try to call for help again and crawl but I can not tell which way to go. I am afraid I will fall to my death in a pit if I try to crawl.

I have been down here for days with no food or drink. The pain in my leg is gone and I can barely keep my eyes open. I fear death crawls towards me from the pit. I do not know if it’s night or day any more or how long I have been down here now.

Someone calls my name. It echoes off the walls. I call to it but it only whispers my name over and over again. Light, a bright light blinds me as fire is right in front of my eyes. I scream as I look in the fire and see the horns and red skin of a man in front of me.

Do you wish to live? It asks me. I nod. I shall help you it says. I can feel it crawl inside my body. I scream as I feel my bone break and mend. I can see in the darkness now and I am suddenly afraid. It uses me to let other things crawl out of the pit. But I can only watch in horror as they crawl and slither on the ground from the pit not more than ten feet away from me.

I feel their eyes burning into me as they pass. I hear their thoughts ‘I will enjoy taking the souls of many’ or ‘I will have fun torturing many as I live and breathe in the priest’s body’.

What have I done? Is all I can think to myself. I feel the fire burning inside me, consuming me again as it once did when I had so much hate for my father and wolves. I had worked so hard to get rid of it and now it is back again and it consumes my body whether I want it to or not. I want to rid my body of the evil but it is too late.

I feel my soul slowly getting eaten alive by the demon I have let live in my body. Now I have to ask my father for forgiveness and of all those that I have destroyed. I look out of the eyes of my body but it is not mine any more. I look at the horrors, the blood, things that were once men that are now nothing but pieces here and there. I know I have caused this.

The demon is enjoying my guilt and feeds on it. I try to fight it but it is too strong for me. I find myself growing weaker and weaker and I am almost ready to give up the fight.
DM Aberrant

The Bond of the Book

Postby DM Aberrant » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:39 pm

I found this book buried in the ground at Station Island. I do not know what has happened to the man who wrote in the book before me. I only know the priests of Station Island were slaughtered. I do not know of any who lived through the tragedy that struck there. The stench of the buildings is like nothing I have ever smelled. It smelled of men’s fluids and other bodily things that I can not even describe.

We have found steam rising from a hole in the ground below us. We discovered it behind some food that had long been rotten. Maggots, worms and other things crawled around and we discovered a small hole that led down from steam rising from beyond it.

We believe it is a pit of some sort. I believe it is a pit to hell and that is how the demons have escaped. I have spoken to others and we have covered and hopefully sealed the pit for good so that nothing else can crawl out of there.

Every room was covered in blood and it has taken us months to clean it. Even now, I can not look at anything in here without the images flooding my thoughts. I have escaped from there because I could not sleep. Even in my sleep, thoughts and images haunt me.

I am Darag McNabb. I have no knowledge of who the person was who wrote before me but the legend of the clans is true. It has been told to me by father and his father before him and so on. I seek only the truth of what has happened here on this island and I hope to pass my knowledge to who ever reads the book next. I hope their writings will continue on and one day the evil that now walks the lands, whether on two or four feet will be vanquished.

I have spoken to the elders around the island about what happened years ago. They tell me the same thing. They woke to hear screams on the wind but when they looked outside, there was nothing. The skies turned black, lightning struck the earth everywhere, ice balls rained down from the heavens and thunder shook the very ground.

No one could leave their homes or they would be killed. They sought shelter where ever they could find it. When it was over, their fields were destroyed and they had no way to get to the island. They had to rebuild their crops and go off in search of food elsewhere or their families would starve. They lost all of their animals. They were butchered and found in different lands. The horror surrounded them for miles.

Demons have escaped and because of the promise made by my ancestors, I and my bond brother, Clark, are bound to hunt these demons. But I as I write this, I wonder if it is only because I am bound by an oath that I now hunt them. Would I hunt them if I was not bound by my ancestors? Would I read the book and not believe this could have happened. That the writings in this book are just someone’s stories to fool the reader into believing this has happened.

I ask the next person to receive the book, believe in my oath that I was bound to. It seems who ever has possession of the book has been blessed with the magical bond that has been passed down through our blood.

I find it odd that I read the book but my blood brother can not. Is it because I am from the McNabb clan and he is not? Do only one clan possess the magic of that which was passed on from my fathers? Or is it just the one of the blood who ever touches it first may read it? If I should die, Clark has said he would pass this to someone of my blood clan who may read this if he can not.

I know I offer little knowledge to who reads this next but I fear I have nothing to write about these demons yet. I and Clark hunt for them but yet have found any. Is it they truly can sense us? Do they have magic in their blood, their bones to warn them of our comings?

Surely no demon or creature could possess such magic in their blood. Do they escape from one body to another? Could this be the reason we have not found them? Could they slip out of the skin of the one they are in only to return to another that we do not speak with?

If they are in someone’s body or skin, does that person know? How would we know if the demon possesses their skin? What clue shall I have that they are in there? What if I believe the demon is inside the skin of the man and I stab him with my knife? Does his blood not flow from the wound? Will it bleed a different color? What if I kill an innocent child? Man? Woman? Will I feel the same guilt as those before me?

So many questions I have but no answers. I pray those that read this will have the answers that I do not. May they have the wisdom to know what I do not have. I do not wish the guilt of causing another innocent death and I pray no one else will feel the guilt of the writings of the man before me. I know nothing I have written has helped. I will not write more for the sake of not confusing or rambling further to the eyes that read this.
DM Aberrant

Xin - The Black Goat

Postby DM Aberrant » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:19 am

Clark and I have journeyed through the lands and have encountered things that I thought were only my imagination. I thought my eyes played tricks on me and yet I live to write about them in here. I must have God’s blessing to continue my writing here to share with those that will one day read this. So many things to write about and yet I do not know where to begin.

Xin is its name. I do not dare say the name out loud and even now my hand shakes writing it. It came from the island in search of more souls to devour and grow powerful. It was a powerful demon when we encountered it and I can not fathom how much more power it would have had if we had not stopped it.

It took the form of a black goat until it could find another host and steal the lives and souls of the family. These are the stories told by the farmers we have spoken with. I do not know what truth they speak in their words but I can only retell it as it has been told to me. If someone should find the truth, I hope they write their words here. We can not fail again or the demon will devour souls and become too strong to kill.

We heard from people traveling with their meager things to turn around, there was nothing but evil ahead of us. There was nothing there but blood, flies, maggots and evil. They would not even turn around to look at where they had come from. We could see the black smoke rising in the sky and when we asked what had happened, all of the men told us of a black goat.

They said the one farmer woke up one morning to find a goat amongst the others. The others were white, gray or brown but the black one was special. It was bigger than the others and surely it would give more milk to his family. More milk was more money to buy or trade for things they had needed.

He gave the milk to his family and it was the sweetest they had ever had. He milked the goat every morning and traded for chickens and even a cow to others. No one could get enough of the milk and soon greed spread throughout the village. Neighbors killed neighbors so they could have more milk and soon even the children began killing others, even their parents.

Every time a person killed, the black goat was not far away. They could hear it laugh and it seemed to grow fatter as they looked at it. There was nothing left but the carnage of the dead bodies. The town was red every where you looked from the blood but now it was as black as the goat.

It went to another town when there was no one left to kill. It drank the blood off the ground and feasted on the bodies of those that were dead. The people were fooled by the goat. They had heard stories of this goat from other farmers and soon their greed got the best of these farmers too.

Two towns of farms, villagers, children, babies and animals have been left for the crows, maggots and flies while the beast feeds on them. A farmer was suspicious because he knew of only one other black goat in the lands. He went to return it to his brother and was shocked and horrified by what he saw when he went to his brother’s lands.

He fell to his knees and wept while he wept the goat drank from the blood pool. The man knew this goat must die but he did not bring weapons with him. He lost his food in the barn when he went inside to find a weapon and saw the animals inside ripped apart and parts of it eaten.

The goat followed him into the barn and feasted on the insides. The man fell to the ground again and the goat laughed at him. The man thought his mind played tricks on him because it said “I hunger. I shall feast upon your flesh and return to your home to feast upon your family and animals, then your neighbors.”

The man tried to run away from the goat but slid and fell. He slept until the moon was in the sky and quickly returned home. When the sun was coming up, he opened the door to find his wife about to give their children the milk of the goat. He spilled the milk out on the floor and asked where the goat was. His wife told him in the barn.

He went to the barn with his knife to kill the beast but it was not there. He cried out and told his children to run to neighbors and tell them they must kill the beast before it kills them. He ran to another friend’s house and found the goat. But it was too late. The man afraid he would take the goat away from him killed him where he stood.

The children ran to every house they could and soon word spread of the beast. The people fled and burned their homes and barns, hoping to find another home away from the beast. When we found the beast, it was drinking the blood of its victim.

Clark and I tried to kill it but we could not. We could not move as the beast laughed at us and stood upon its back legs “You can not kill me. I shall feast upon your blood and flesh just as this man before you.”

Clark prayed out loud and the beast screamed as I have never heard a beast scream before. My ears felt as if they would explode from my head and I fell to my knees. When we woke, we noticed the beast was gone but did not know where it fled.

We followed its hooves for days and found it at another home. We could not let the beast know we had found it or it would surely escape us again. We had to trap the beast to kill it. We waited until the beast was inside before we trapped it inside and set it afire.

We thought we had killed the beast by fire but it ran from the flames. We searched again for days before we found it again lying by a river. We used what little snares of roots and vines we could to tie the beast so it could not flee.

We asked it question after question but it denied us any speech. Clark took some water from the river and blessed it before sprinkling it on the beast. It screamed and its anger flared telling us its name was Xin. We could not kill it. Even if we bled it to death, it would find another body of flesh to steal and continue to feast on the blood, flesh and greed of man.

We cut the head off the beast and burned it while pouring the blessed water on it. We have not seen it since but it may still roam these lands where we have not traveled. I pray we do not see it again. It is a powerful beast and I believe the beast would feast on us if it found us again.
DM Aberrant

Night Crawlers

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:00 am

Clark and I have continued our travels throughout the lands. We have encountered some men that we share a common bond with. They tell us their stories about the evil they have fought and how to defeat them. We too share our stories and ask about the black goat and so far none have encountered it. We are thankful for this but yet part of me tells me that the beast has traveled far away from these lands to kill again.

The men we speak to now are Flann and Siseal and I wish to tell their story because I think it important for those who may read this. I fear these creatures will one day try to take us all as their slaves or turn us into one of them. I have given them the name of night crawlers. They have only been seen to crawl out of their graves at night.

They told me they were in lands to the south and east of here. They saw a town off in the distance and thought to trade their furs for foods and drinks, things they needed to continue their journey. The sun was still low in the sky and they thought to make it before the moon was in the sky.

But the town was further than they expected and the moon was just rising in the sky. The town had no movement. All life seemed to not exist. They knocked on several doors and could hear the people inside let out a startled cry but none would open their doors to them.

They were about to leave when someone finally opened their door for them. But what they saw inside frightened them. A man held a weapon out in front of him, his arm shaking so badly we were afraid he would drop it.

Clark told the man we meant no harm to him but only sought shelter for the evening. He quickly ushered us inside and bolted the door. His name was Uaine. When we asked what had frightened him, he told us of a tale we would never forget.

He told us one of their neighbors was buried in a grave of dirt, far into the ground. Several moons rose in the sky and they were celebrating a wedding. They heard a strange sound from the woods not too far away and all the men gathered what weapons they could. Wolves were seen throughout the lands and they thought that is what it was.

But they all stood there in fear and surprise as Conway, the man who was buried not too long ago crawled towards them. His body had rotted some and his clothes were tattered rags and had much dirt on them. It crawled towards them and cried out to the people ‘Flesh…I…want…flesh...and…blood...’

Some of the men soon shook the fear and tried to hit Conway with tree branches and logs. But it did nothing to harm Conway. He even bit one of the men in the lower leg and wouldn’t let go. He was like a vicious dog. We hit him again and again and again but still he would not stop. If it had been any of us, the attack would have killed any man.

Some men ran to get other weapons and when they returned, we hacked him into pieces. Uaine sat there at his kitchen table sobbing as he thought of the attack.

After waiting for him to control his sobs, he continued his tale. He said the men were covered in blood that was not normal. It was black, sticky and thick. They had to break Conway’s teeth to get his mouth off of the man. But even after they got his mouth off him, they had to take him home so his wife could remove the broken teeth from his leg.

We didn’t know what to do with the parts of Conway. No one wanted to touch them, I know I didn’t. Everything in my stomach was on the ground and still I wanted to get more out but nothing would come. I returned home, walking like I drank spirits throughout the night. I even dropped to my hands and knees to crawl home.

I had night terrors and lied in bed for several days. What I had seen had still haunted me and my sleep. I was afraid to sleep, afraid to see Conway even in my dreams. My wife had to send for the woman with herbs and she made me a tea to help me sleep.

I slept and when I woke, my wife was beside me. She told me I must go see Hagan. I dressed quickly and went to his home. I could hear his moans of pain before I even knocked on his door. His wife greeted me and invited me. Hagan lied on the bed, sweating and barely able to breathe. A blanket covered his body and his wife came over “We don’t know what to do.” She used a wet cloth to try and soothe him.

I looked at her a bit confused because I was no healer. I was only a man and knew nothing of sickness. “You should call the herb lady. Perhaps she has something to help him with the sweats.

She shook her head “It is not the sweating that concerns me.” She pulled the blanket from his legs and I cried out. I put a hand over my mouth and nose. The smell was something like I had never nor want to smell again.

I looked at Hagan in horror. I forced myself to look at the leg again. His leg was so swollen he could not move it. . The wound was turning a purplish, dark blue almost black and black lines were going up and down his leg, it looked like a tree with limbs growing on his leg. There was something thick and yellowish coming out of the biteMy voice was barely a whisper “You must cut off the leg.”

Hagan thrashed on the bed unable to speak and only moan. His wife said “His tongue is so big, he can not speak any more.”

I looked at Hagan and he opened his mouth. His tongue which was normally pink was now a bluish black. It was so swollen he could not even close his mouth. I prayed death would come quickly for Hagan. I have never forgiven myself or felt the guilt of any man’s death to come to him and I pray for forgiveness all the time.

I had to leave their home. I was afraid whatever Hagan had, he would give to me. I was dizzy and going to be sick but my stomach was empty. I fell to my hands and knees outside their door. I thought whatever disease had accursed Hagan had befallen on myself. I stayed away from my family and the town for many moons.

I tried to eat any berries I could pluck from branches, dig up any roots from the ground and drink from the stream. When I felt I was not diseased, I returned to my family. I learned of Hagan’s death when I returned. Whatever he had, had spread through his body until finally did not wake in the morning.

They were burying his body that morning when I returned. I went with my family and watched them bury him in the ground, deep in the ground. Several nights later, we heard a knock on the door. When I opened the door, Hagan lie on the ground, crying out for me to help him and give him my flesh and blood.

I tried to leave but could not get passed him. I was afraid if he’d touched me I would be diseased and it would spread to my family. I tried to shut the door but he put his hand up to stop me from shutting it. He was stronger than ever and pushed me slowly back. My family had to help me shut the door against his strength.

All night, he cried and moaned for flesh and blood. When the moon was gone in the sky, his cries finally stopped. We did not sleep for many moons after. We did not know where he went and we were too afraid to go out of our home.

We were out of food and we had to get more or we’d starve. I told my family to lock the door and bolt it after I had left. I gave my wife a kiss good bye and told her I loved her before I left. I never thought I would see her again. If I did, it might be as a diseased man and I did not want her to remember that way.

I went several homes but not one would open their doors. I tried several more but none would open their doors. I had to travel far to try and buy some food and animals. But by the time I returned many days had passed.

I knocked on my door but no one came. I stood outside my door knocking and telling my wife it was I who returned but still no answer. I thought maybe she and the children were out with friends so I left my things there and asked the first man I found if he had seen my wife or children. He shook his head and said many do not go outside any more.

I asked him if he could help me into my home and when we were able to go in, I cried. My wife and children were inside, nothing left of them but their skin and bones. They had withered away to nothing waiting for me to return with food. I thought it was God’s punishment to me for praying for Hagan’s death.

I buried them in the ground further down than any of the others that were buried and staying by their grave. I slept on top of my wife’s grave weeping until someone carried me off to their home. I prayed for my own death as the night terrors plagued me, my wife and children coming back as one of the dead begging for my flesh and eating me as I lived and breathed.

It took me awhile to come back here to my home. Everywhere I look, I see my children laughing and running, my wife tending to our home and children. Thankfully they have not returned to ask for my flesh or blood though.

When you knocked on my door, I thought it was them or one of the others wanting to turn me into one of them. Flann asked “Do they only come out at night? How do you kill these…these…Night crawlers?”

He nodded. “Yes, they seem to only come out at night. I do not know how to kill one of them. I don’t believe any of us do. We only lock and bolt our doors at night and pray they do not come for us.”

We talked for several hours but were no closer to finding out where they were or when they would attack again. Uaine offered us shelter for the night and we gladly accepted. In the morning he took us to where the graves were but found nothing around them.

Flann and Siseal decided to dig up Conway’s grave. What they found inside haunted and horrified them. They knew they were digging him up because the smell made their meals come up their mouths again. When they finally find his body, it was blued and blackened and looked as if he weighed twice as much as he did when he was alive.

His leg was bigger than a tree. Something black oozed out of his leg. The flies seemed to come from every direction and maggots started crawling out of his knee. Flann and Siseal lit a torch and lit the man on fire. He seemed to come alive, even though he was dead. There was a scream from to the east like someone was being killed. But they could only watch as the man looked like a fish out of water.

They knew then fire was the only way to stop these night crawlers. They went back to Uaine’s house and told him what they had learned. He said he would spread the word to his neighbors and everyone around them.

It seems fire and blessed water are our best allies. It seems one or the other will kill these evil creatures we have to fight and send back to hell. We keep blessed water on us at all times now. We stayed with Uaine for several days.

Uaine and the town have honored them with a feast but Flann and Siseal have never found the reason for these creatures rising from the dead. I hope the dead does not rise again where ever we may travel but now we know how to kill them if we do.
DM Aberrant

Return to Supernatural: Chasing the Bad ~ DM Aberrant