A Rude Awakening - Dex

These groups of hunters are out to save the world from the demons, devils, ghosts, spirits and the monsters found under the bed and in your closets. Although most of the world doesn’t know or believe in most fairy tales, these hunters are out to try to stop the things that go bump in the night from doing their evil deeds in the world as we know it. Some bonds have already been formed and others are still being built. But will they be able to survive from the dangerous things they hunt? Will they be able to trust one another enough to try and fight together? Or will they collapse under pressure? These hunters will face dark times and go down a long dark road. Will they find hope or loss at the end of their path or paths? Happiness or despair? Life or Death? Will they ever find Dex, the one hunter who may have already lost his life to the demons? Each of them must draw from their strengths and work together or they will finally meet and stare death in the eyes.

Moderator: DM Aberrant

Re: A Rude Awakening - Dex

Postby Dex Travers » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:05 pm

Dex felt fairly ridiculous in sweatpants and a t-shirt that had a big smiley face on it and read “Smile if You’re Not Wearing Undies”. He wondered if this Josh guy actually thought that was funny.

He turned and looked at Chris, speaking in an undertone.

“I’m not leaving him alone with her. If he wants to drop you off, fine, but I’m going where she goes.”
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Josh looked at the two men in the rear view mirror. Once everyone was dressed and his duffle and Ashley’s backpack and the other bags were stored in the back, and Dallas was inside too, he started up the engine.

“I don’t think Dallas wants to leave Ashley. We’re about twenty minutes away from the place I’m staying. I need to get Ash back there as quickly as possible. I’ll give you a ride to your truck afterward, Chris.”

He backed up and circled around to get onto the street.

“Sorry, man. I hope you know me well enough that you know when I say it’s urgent, it really is.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:49 pm

[!LAUGHS! Oh that was good Dex...I'm sure you'll be smiling all the time...I know Chris will be...]

Chris looks at the shirt with a shit eating grin. Oh no dude...It's fine. I wouldn't let her out of my sight either...You know...Bunch of creepy guys wanting to hit on her I'm sure.

He looks at Josh Oh no, it's cool Josh. I understand you just want to see me and not let me out of your sight either. I'm sure every time you put these sweats on after this, you're going to think of me.

The drive doesn't take as long getting back to the house. When you pull up outside, you see a familiar truck parked out front. You know Anatolii is here.

DM Aberrant

Postby Josh Corbett » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:50 pm

“I’m going to wash those sweats with bleach,” Josh muttered.

It was a rare occasion when he met someone more irreverent than him. Chris did the outrageous shtick better than he did, so if Josh tried to compete, it was a losing battle. He had mostly given up trying with Chris a while ago, though sometimes he still rose to the occasion.

He stared at Anatolii’s giant monster truck for a moment after he cut the engine.

“All right. My dad and my friends are here. This is Nick’s house. His parents are out of town, so we’re using it for the moment. It’s kind of a long story, but some people are coming into town to help us with a little problem.”

Josh didn’t know how much he could say in front of this Dex guy. He needed to get more of the story out of Chris before he said much more.

“There’s one thing, guys. This is really important.”

He turned in his seat so he could look both men in the eye, his expression bleak. Josh leaned forward and spoke with a quiet urgency in his tone.

“Please don’t make any jokes about this. Nick’s girlfriend Alexis is here, recovering. She was gang raped recently. I’m telling you this so you don’t make any insensitive jokes or hit on her. I can’t imagine what she’s going through, but she’s probably not going to be really comfortable with a bunch of strange men in the house. So please, I’m asking you guys to please take this seriously and be respectful and very low-key when you meet her. Okay?”

He looked between both men.
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:14 am

Chris amazingly keeps his mouth shut. You can see his face get red as he listened to you tell them about Alexis. His voice was cold I want in. I know you are going to hunt the bastards and I want in. I don't care what or how many there are. When you go, I go with you. It was obvious Chris was upset and wanted to find the men who did this.
DM Aberrant

Postby Josh Corbett » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:08 am

Josh looked at Chris for a moment, then nodded, solemnly.

“Thanks, man. I appreciate that. You should know that the people who did this, they, uh…aren’t normal people.”

He glanced to the side, at Dex, then looked back at Chris.

“You know what I mean.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:08 am

Dex’s gaze shot to Josh.

“What do you mean?”

Part of him went dead inside when Josh explained what had happened to the woman. Dex’s face had gone blank and utterly without expression, his eyes turning cold and remote. His stare could have burned through the Jeep. Now he looked at Josh, his voice low and tight.

“What do you mean, ‘normal people’? Are you saying they’re vamps, like that woman?”
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:09 am

Josh’s eyes narrowed.

“What do you know about it?”

He was beginning to get a feeling about the man named Dex, who had seemed pretty calm about everything except for being shot, and Josh could give him a free pass on that one.

“What do you know about vamps?”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:10 am

“I’m a hunter,” Dex said, with emphasis. “That’s how you know Ashley, isn’t it? You’re hunters.”

He looked between both Chris and Josh, eyes still burning with cold malice.

“Listen, this is my job. I’ve been hunting things for years now. If this was vamps that did it, I want in too. I’ll fucking annihilate the things that did something like that to this girl.”
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:11 am

Josh stared at him for a long moment.

The man seemed deadly serious. Gone was the bluff and bluster from before and now it was just a cold anger that gave Josh the chills. He felt like Dex could have torn into the perpetrators at that very moment, if he were able. It was a scary thing to see on another man’s face.

He forced himself to hold Dex’s gaze.

“It’s werewolves,” he said.

Josh glanced at Chris.

“You guys don’t have to do this. It’s an entire pack. And some of them are cops. Even if we manage to get them all, we’re still looking at a whole bunch of dead people that the authorities are going to notice have gone missing. When they find the bodies, the media is going to have a field day. And that’s even if we survive the fight itself.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:44 am

Chris nodded in understanding about Dex. When he asked if they were hunters and that he was one, Chris' eyes widened a bit. I have a rifle and a couple guns in the truck. We can get them after you're done in here. When ever you want to leave to take care of them, I am in. He smiles You're really worried about the bodies dude? I have a place in mind where they will never be found...We can leave them down there to rot...
DM Aberrant

Postby Josh Corbett » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:00 am

Josh looked at Chris.

“We have a few people coming into town first. We’re going to do it tomorrow night. Nick can lure the pack out to a remote location. One of our guys – ”

Josh gestured over his shoulder at Anatolii’s monster truck.

“Is a sniper. The others are experienced hunters.”

He shook his head.

“If you mean that vampire’s mausoleum back at the graveyard, we’d probably need a dump truck to load the bodies and bring them there. And then we’d have to cart them out and hope no one see us. I’m not sure if that’s practical, bro.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:00 am

“We burn it.”

Dex spoke with low venom in his voice.

“This remote location of yours? We bring gasoline. We throw the bodies in a pile and we burn it to the ground. They’ll find bones but no DNA evidence.”
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:01 am

“Jesus, we can’t do that either,” Josh muttered, staring at Dex. “It’s a cabin out in the woods. It’s you know, ripe for a forest fire or something. To get the fire hot enough to burn the bodies before the fire department can get out there and put it out, it would be hot enough to spread. I’m not going to put innocent people’s lives at stake – not to mention animals, dude – to get rid of the evidence.”

Josh shook his head.

“If you guys are sure you want in, we can talk it over with the others when they get here. So let’s go inside. I’ll get Ashley.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:31 pm

Chris looks at both Dex and Josh We'll think of something. I mean the burning the place doesn't sound like a bad idea. If there's no trees around or anything.

When you tell him that you'd talk about it inside and there were more people coming, he rolls his eyes and mutters Great...More competition...

Dude...You know I am so in, no matter what.

When you say let's go inside, Chris waits for you to get out before climbing out of the back of the Jeep. He stands up and cracks his neck and back, trying to stretch his back out. It was a little cramped in there...

Dallas jumps out of the Jeep and immediately waits for Ashley by the side of the Jeep. When you go inside, he follows you in.

[I'll continue the post in Josh's thread]
DM Aberrant

Previous

Return to Supernatural: Chasing the Bad ~ DM Aberrant