The Big Bad Wolf - Josh

These groups of hunters are out to save the world from the demons, devils, ghosts, spirits and the monsters found under the bed and in your closets. Although most of the world doesn’t know or believe in most fairy tales, these hunters are out to try to stop the things that go bump in the night from doing their evil deeds in the world as we know it. Some bonds have already been formed and others are still being built. But will they be able to survive from the dangerous things they hunt? Will they be able to trust one another enough to try and fight together? Or will they collapse under pressure? These hunters will face dark times and go down a long dark road. Will they find hope or loss at the end of their path or paths? Happiness or despair? Life or Death? Will they ever find Dex, the one hunter who may have already lost his life to the demons? Each of them must draw from their strengths and work together or they will finally meet and stare death in the eyes.

Moderator: DM Aberrant

Re: The Big Bad Wolf - Josh

Postby DM Aberrant » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:07 am

Dallas basically backs off when you tell him to. Sitting there watching you intently, making you wonder just how intelligent the dog is.

When you shine the penlight in the door, you know it opens to the left (If you are facing the door, the door opens on your right side). You can see a hallway leading down with smoke basically filling the hallway. You check the sides, top & bottom of the door but don't find any hidden latches.
DM Aberrant

Postby Josh Corbett » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:51 am

Josh spit the penlight back into his hand.

“Dammit. I can’t find the latch, Dallas. There has to be another way in. Maybe something on another wall…”

He swept the penlight around the chamber. He looked at the names on the walls. He fiddled with the wall light sconces, trying to tell if one of them moved with some hidden trigger. He pointed the penlight into the sconce to see if something had been burnt in there, or if there was an LED or something.

“Wait, I have an idea.”

He put the penlight away and unzipped his duffle, taking out a black light.

“We can see traces of body oils and fluids using this,” he told Dallas, in case the German Shepherd did not watch CSI regularly. “We can see if there’s a place that people have touched a lot. Maybe we can find the trigger that way.”

Josh swept the light around.
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:43 pm

Dallas cocks his head from side to side as he watches you look at the walls, the lights, etc. When you pull out the black light, you can see the light on the wall to the right of the door is the one that is used the most. You try to move it to the right, to the left, but nothing happens. You pull on it and finally push it in and you hear a spring release. The door opens and Dallas waits for you right inside the door. The smoke pours out and after a few long moments, it seems to just dwindle out.

You see a hallway going down about ten feet and a stone doorway that is partially open. To the right is an open doorway and Dallas immediately goes for the doorway. When you go peak inside, you see Dallas sniffing at a backpack which you immediately recognize as Ashley's. There's a couple of other backpacks in the room and a rather large coffin. When Dallas sees you, he immediately comes in the hallway and starts stiffing the hallway. He continues down the hallway and stops right before the door and bares his teeth.
DM Aberrant

Postby Josh Corbett » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:14 am

Josh frowned as he saw the familiar backpack, but he left it alone the moment and stared at the door.

He remembered the old man telling him that Dallas was Schutzhund trained. The fact that Dallas bared his teeth without growling was significant. It meant there was a threat behind the door, and the German Shepherd knew they had to be quiet.

Josh set his duffle bag down, setting it carefully to the stone floor. Then he took out the gun that James had given him, checking it over. He hated to waste the silver bullets but hopefully the other hunters would bring some too. In the meantime, they would work just about as well against a non-were foe.

He held the gun in front of him and stepped up to the door, first listening carefully for anything he could hear. Then he reached out to try to open it.
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:56 pm

The door opens to your left and much to your relief, it doesn't make a sound when you push it open. You see two men on the landing, both are breathing, so you know they're alive.

Image Image

When you look at the bald man, you see scratch marks in the wall. You can tell he was trying to get away from something. To the right are some stairs, leading down.

When you look down the stairs, you see a brunette woman walking down the stairs and taking a couple of steps forward before she disappears from view.

Dallas looks up at you a moment and bares his teeth again as he looks down the stairwell. He waits for your signal or for you to start down the stairs.

[And now we get to play musical threads. You can start posting in Dex's thread when ever you want.]
DM Aberrant

Postby DM Aberrant » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:06 am

Alright...I think if you take it easy for a little while.

The doorbell rings and Nick doesn't finish.

James gets his gun out. You expecting anyone?

Yes, Josh's friend...I'll be back in a minute. He walks out of the kitchen.

A few moment later, Anatolii walks in the kitchen taking in everything. When he sees James sitting in a chair and the bandage on his side, his eyes widen a bit. What happened to you? The bird immediately pipes in Dragon... Anatolii strokes the bird's chest Shhh...now... He pulls something out of his pocket and feeds the bird. The bird takes it greedily and flies down on the counter, and holds the treat in it's claws as it bites on it.

James puts his hands over his face and moves around on the chair as the bird flies down on the counter. He looks at Anatolii a moment Damn ghost...Not a dragon.

Anatolii laughs Most ghosts are damned.
DM Aberrant

Postby DM Aberrant » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:39 am

Alexis stood in the doorway as her eyes darted from one man to another, finally her eyes locked on Nick's.

Nick said something to Anatolii and both were laughing. But when Anatolii stopped and James looked at the doorway, Nick turned around.

My apologies if this noisy bird woke you. The bird started saying Noisy bird...Shhhh....Noisy bird...

James looked embarrassed...But that was because he didn't have his shirt on. He thought of covering himself but knew they would tease him about being a woman. Alexis...Shouldn't you be resting?

Nick stood frozen for a moment as he looked at Alexis. Yes, you should be in bed Alexis.

Alexis tried to smile at Anatolii and James No, you didn't wake me. I'm much better thank you. She looked at Nick and whispered Something's happened though. Can you go with me downstairs?

Nick nodded and went to Alexis' side, putting an arm around her to help her walk.

She stopped by the basement door James, can you do me a couple of favors please? I know it's a lot to ask, especially because of all that you are doing for us already.

Please...Ask away. I will do anything to help you.

Alexis smiled Thank you James. I will truly owe you for this. She looked around the kitchen a moment Can you get me a couple of blankets and pillows from the upstairs. I also need five candles, salt in some baggies, basil, a couple blueberries, anise and some garlic. She looks at Nick I will get stuff setup down there. If someone could bring the items down to me, I would appreciate it.

Nick nodded and watched Alexis go down a few of the stairs. He turned back to Anatolii and James, telling them where the things were as he began following Alexis down the stairs. Alexis, what happened...What's wrong?

When they were down at the bottom of the stairs, Alexis walked over to the couch Let's open this up. Nick, her spirit...She's about to open the gate again. If she steps into it, it will open. There will be no stopping it if she does. I have to get her back here before it opens again.
DM Aberrant

Postby DM Aberrant » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:38 pm

When the three of you enter, you see someone just slip in a door and go down the stairs. You can hear someone walking down the stairs rather quickly.

James is in the kitchen putting salt in a bag. He immediately stops and does a double take as you walk in, spilling some salt on the counter. Damn it...Thank God Alec isn't here, he'd be having a cow about me throwing this crap over my shoulder.

You see various spices on the counter in the jars. He looks a little embarrassed I'm not cooking...So don't even ask... You notice James pales and looks like he's seen a ghost when he sees Dex and Chris. When he seems to actually see Josh holding someone in his arms, he freezes a moment and shakes his head Alex...is....uhhh...waiting for you... He swallows and then looks at Ashley in your arms again. He shakes his head Downstairs...She's downstairs...

Chris whispers to Dex You might want to tell him not to touch her either...Or look at her for that matter...
DM Aberrant

Postby Dex Travers » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:37 am

“Yeah, whatever.”

Dex glanced at the guy in the kitchen but returned his gaze to Ashley. She looked so pale and still, heartbreakingly beautiful and tragically lost at the same moment. His chest cramped impossibly as he looked at her. It felt like he could stop breathing.

“I’m not leaving her side.”

He felt Josh glance at him peripherally, but Dex didn’t care what the hell Josh thought.
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:39 am

Josh nodded at his father.

“Okay, thanks, Dad. Guys – ”

He glanced at Chris and Dex.

“This is my father, James. Dad, this is Chris and Dex and Dallas. They’re hunters.”

He paused, glancing down at the woman in his arms.

“And this is, uh, Ash. Anyway, I’m going to find Alexis.”

Josh turned to go down the stairs.
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:44 am

“I’m going with you,” Dex muttered. He moved to follow Josh.

He had nodded at Josh’s father, briefly, but his thoughts were consumed by Ashley. They started down the stairs.

“What’s Alexis going to do for her?”
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:46 am

Josh glanced back over his shoulder, pausing on the stairs. He held Ashley against his front with one arm under her legs and one around her back. She was getting heavy, though he knew she would get mad at him if he said such a thing.

“I don’t know. But she was the one who told me where to find you guys. If there’s something she can do, I’m sure she’ll do it. We have to trust her.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:49 pm

[I soooo busted out laughing at work about Ash being heavy...She is top heavy...You could always tell her to deflate her boobs a bit...That might take off some weight.]

Dallas barked and growled at the door.

James looked at the dog Dallas... He whistled for Dallas to come to him.

Dallas ran to his side and sniffed his hands.

James reached down and let Dallas sniff his hands and when he was done, he told him to sit as he scratched his head. It's probably not a good idea to let him go down stairs...Not yet...

Chris looks wounded that he's told not to touch or look at her but yet any other man can. He nodded to James and walked over to him to shake his hand. Nice to meet you James.

James shook his hand and looked at Josh a moment as he slipped through the door. Uhh...Can you take these downstairs to Alexis. She's expecting them...I'll stay up here with Dallas and the bird.

Chris smiled Yeah...Sure... He picks up the spices as best as he can.

Josh & Dex

You go down the stairs and you notice there's a small living room with a couch, tv, coffee table and a couple end tables. You can hear Nick, Alexis and Anatolli further in the room to the right. You see a door to a laundry room, a pool table further in the room and an open door about fifteen feet on the right. As you stand there, you notice Ashley's barely breathing. When you look at Ashley's neck, you see red marks around her neck and some bruising starting. It looks like she is being choked by some unseen hands.

Anatolii comes out of the door and stops when he sees you. He looks at Josh with narrowed eyes. When he talks, he speaks with a Russian accent You are lucky you have a woman in your arms or I'd punch you. You leave me in bar with fugly woman. He shakes himself at the thought of it. He motions to the door with his head They waiting for you in there.
DM Aberrant

Postby Josh Corbett » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:14 am

In spite of everything that was going on, Josh flashed a brief smile.

“Oh, was it a fugly woman, Tolya? I thought that was a man you were chatting up.”

He shrugged.

“My mistake.”

Josh did not pause long enough to let Anatolii respond, instead carrying Ash into the other room. He imagined that Anatolii had gotten red-faced behind him, however.

“Hello? Alexis?”

He looked down at Ash’s face, shuddering inside at the bruises he saw there. He glanced back and saw that Dex was right behind him.

“Please – can you help Ash? I think something’s happening to her, right now!”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:34 pm

Josh, please come in. She looks up at you as she sets a candle down. You see a bedroom with a double bed, nightstands, table lamps, dresser and a closet. You see the bed has pillows on it and the blankets pulled back. You notice a candle on top of the headboard, one at the bottom and the nightstands moved so they are against the wall but in the middle of the bed.

She looks at Ashley a moment and then to you. She says urgently Josh, you need to put her on the bed.

After you do that, she checks the pulse in her neck and looks at you with tears in her eyes Josh, if you want to save her, someone has to find her soul. There is no time for arguing between any you. Her soul is trapped and the only way to bring her back is to have someone find it and bring it back. She looks at you Please remember Josh, if you bring her back, she will die...She will have maybe a day here with you and your friends. The choice is yours.

Chris walks in the room holding the spices against his body with his arm and the bags of salt in his hands. Shouldn't we be cooking in the kitchen? I mean that's where normal people usually cook...

Alexis looks at him a moment No, they are for something else...I may need those. She looks at Josh As I said, the choice is yours Josh. You can let her die in peace or you can let her suffer a horrific and agonizing painful death. What is inside her will kill her.
DM Aberrant

PreviousNext

Return to Supernatural: Chasing the Bad ~ DM Aberrant