The Big Bad Wolf - Josh

These groups of hunters are out to save the world from the demons, devils, ghosts, spirits and the monsters found under the bed and in your closets. Although most of the world doesn’t know or believe in most fairy tales, these hunters are out to try to stop the things that go bump in the night from doing their evil deeds in the world as we know it. Some bonds have already been formed and others are still being built. But will they be able to survive from the dangerous things they hunt? Will they be able to trust one another enough to try and fight together? Or will they collapse under pressure? These hunters will face dark times and go down a long dark road. Will they find hope or loss at the end of their path or paths? Happiness or despair? Life or Death? Will they ever find Dex, the one hunter who may have already lost his life to the demons? Each of them must draw from their strengths and work together or they will finally meet and stare death in the eyes.

Moderator: DM Aberrant

Re: The Big Bad Wolf - Josh

Postby Josh Corbett » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:10 pm

“No,” Josh said, immediately, a raw urgency in his voice. “No. No.”

He stared at Alexis in horror, his eyes bleak and face slack. His body shuddered.

“No, wait!” Josh remembered the square of paper he had folded and tucked neatly into his pocked. He unfolded it then thrust it toward Alexis.

“Here. A voodoo priestess wrote this out for me. She said I had to do exactly what’s on this paper. She said that’ll get the thing that’s inside her out.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:15 pm

“What’s inside her?” Dex asked, sharply.

He stared down at Ashley on the bed, hands clenching then unclenching. He felt useless and helpless. There was nothing he could do for Ashley. He didn’t even know what Josh was talking about.

“What happened to her?” he asked Josh.
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Josh shook his head, swallowing.

He couldn’t quite look at Dex. Whoever the man was, it was clear he cared about Ash, knew her from somewhere. Considering that Josh and Ash had only met just a few days before, there was a lot he didn’t know about her.

But still, he felt guilty for some reason, like he’d let this man down without ever knowing him.

“Something…put something inside her,” he started, slowly. “And put something inside my friend Hamiliton. Both of them. But she left to protect us, before I could help her. Before I even knew what had happened. I saw the thing bulging out of Ham’s skin, moving around inside his abdomen. It was something out of a horror movie.”

He rubbed his face.

“I don’t understand much more than that right now. It’s been a nightmare ever since we woke up and Ashley was gone.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:17 pm

“We?”

Dex stared at Josh.
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Josh Corbett » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Josh winced, vaguely.

“It’s a long story.”

He turned his attention back to Alexis.

“Does that make sense? Do you think we can do it? The priestess also gave us some gris-grises to wear.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:42 pm

Chris listened to everyone and looked at Ashley, shaking his head thinking 'What a waste...' But even he raised his eyebrows at the 'We' and smiled, wanting to slap Josh on the back for actually being able to sleep with her. He made a mental note to ask him what she was like in bed later.

Alexis' eyes widened when you told her someone had given you instructions on how to get rid of it. Josh, when you are done, burn that paper. You don't want to know what people will do to get that information. She looked at you Yes, it makes sense.

She looked at Dex Something evil is inside her...A snake that will continue to grow inside her when she wakes up. You care for her and she knows you and Josh. If you one or both of you want to save her, I will help you get her soul or spirit.

She looks back at Josh Remember Josh, when she wakes, you must get that out of her as soon as possible. It is growing inside her even now and when she wakes, it will reveal itself to all in the room.

She looks at Nick and Chris I need you two to wait upstairs for us. I need to be alone with them when I do this or your souls will be at danger too.

Nick looks at Alexis Are you going to be alright to do this? It won't put your life in danger?

She smiled at Nick No, please go upstairs and no matter what, don't let anyone down here until I tell you it's safe.

Nick kissed Alexis and slowly walked out of the room, looking back at Alexis when he got by the door I love you. He was out the door before she could reply.

Chris looked around Wouldn't it be better if all of us went then? I mean the more the better right? I'll help them if they need it, where ever they are going.

Alexis looked at Josh and Dex This is up to you if you want him to travel with you to where Ashley is. Where you are going, it will be dangerous and no one will be able to see you except spirits and a very few people who have a gift of seeing them. But the longer we wait to get her soul, the more danger she is in. Once you have made your decision, who ever is going, needs to be on the bed next to her. The closer the better because you will be able to feel her where ever she is trapped.
DM Aberrant

Postby Josh Corbett » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:34 am

Josh shook his head and turned to Chris.

“No, man, I need you to go upstairs and explain to my dad what’s going on. You need to help him in case something happens while we’re under.”

He looked Chris in the eye.

“Thanks, though.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:35 am

Dex gave a small nod.

“Yeah, we’ll be fine.”

He would have handled the refusal differently, and not have been so polite about it, so maybe it was better that Josh be the one to tell Chris no.
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:52 am

Chris looks wounded and just nods. He sets the spices and herbs on the dresser mumbling to himself Don't need my help...Lusts after my body...Doesn't want me around...Stalker...Mean...Cold... After he sets everything down, he puts his head down and walks out the door.

Alexis looks at both of you I need both of you on one side of her. She waits until both of you are beside Ashley on the bed This is very important. Remember when you hear the chimes, you will have less than one minute in the spirit world. If you haven't found her by then, she will be trapped there.

Once you two acknowledge that, she continues and hands each of you a bag of salt Put this in your pocket. You will need it to break Ashley out of the prison she is in. What ever you do, do not hit her spirit with the salt. If you do, it will disappear and she will lost forever there. Remember you have the salt when you go to the spirit world. You will need to be as close to the gateway as possible to come back, the closer the better and remember what the chimes mean.

She goes over to the dresser and starts opening the various spices I want you both to close your eyes and count backwards from 100...When you open them again, you will be in the spirit world. If you have a gun on you, it will not work on anything. You will feel me sprinkling you with things, they will not hurt you but help you. If you have any questions, now is the time to ask them. Because once I start, I can not be interrupted.

[If neither of you have any questions, you can start counting back from 100...You won't need to go past 90 though.]
DM Aberrant

Postby Josh Corbett » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:52 am

It was only a double bed. Josh and Dex had to squeeze against Ashley in order for all of them to fit. He and Dex were fairly broad shouldered.

Josh closed his eyes and steadied his breathing, focusing his mind inward. He listened to what Alexis was saying. Her voice was cool and soothing and he felt his heartrate slow down from its previous racing pitch.

When Alexis was done, he nodded.

“I’m ready.”

His eyes flew open a second later, before Dex could speak.

“Wait!”

Josh turned his head and looked at Alexis.

“Dallas. Can we bring Dallas with us? He’s a dog. If he can do in the spirit world what he can do in the real world, he’ll be able to find her for sure. And he loves her, too.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Alexis smiled at you and whispered Go to sleep Josh, the hunter is already with you. He'll find her for you. The bond between the three of you will be stronger and you will find her. Shhhhh....Go to sleep now...
DM Aberrant

Postby Josh Corbett » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:09 am

Josh stared at Alexis for a moment, then nodded.

“All right. Thank you, Alexis. I appreciate what you’re doing.”

He paused.

“And I know it’s dangerous for you. I know you didn’t want to worry Nick, but just the same…”

He looked her in the eyes.

“Be careful,” he said, quietly.

Josh closed his eyes then, and started to count backward from one hundred.
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:14 am

Dex remained where he was for a moment, watching Alexis. He could feel the skin of Ashley’s arm against his. It felt unnaturally cool in a way that made his stomach churn sickly.

He looked past Ashley and Josh, staring at the woman named Alexis, remembering what Josh had said about her. She had a haunted look to her, face drawn and eyes remote, but there was something to her manner that told him she was a survivor, like he was. He knew what it was like to be raped by one man after the other, penetrated and used like a receptacle, poisoned from within. Dex could never look at her with pity, like a victim. He knew what it did to a person inside to be violated. He knew how it made them cold inside, harsh and capable and willing to do anything in order to never give up control again.

He simply nodded at her, holding her gaze for a long moment, his eyes burning with emotion. Then he closed his eyes and began to count.
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby DM Aberrant » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Alexis lights the candles around the bed in the room as the three of you lied on the bed. You could hear her soft voice Open your mind...Use your powers inside...Think of Ashley...

As you hear her talking, her words get softer and softer as you drift off to sleep. You can feel something soft falling on your skin. You can smell something like mint in the air Spirits guide them from the evil that searches for them. Alexis opens your mouth and you taste a blueberry Protect them from deception and let them see the spirits for their true selves. You feel her put something on your forehead Grant them safe travels to and from the spirit world. You smell the distinct smell of garlic as she sprinkles it over your heart Protect them...

[You can post over in Ashley's thread until we once again come back to this one]
DM Aberrant

Previous

Return to Supernatural: Chasing the Bad ~ DM Aberrant