Seeking the Truth - Ashley

These groups of hunters are out to save the world from the demons, devils, ghosts, spirits and the monsters found under the bed and in your closets. Although most of the world doesn’t know or believe in most fairy tales, these hunters are out to try to stop the things that go bump in the night from doing their evil deeds in the world as we know it. Some bonds have already been formed and others are still being built. But will they be able to survive from the dangerous things they hunt? Will they be able to trust one another enough to try and fight together? Or will they collapse under pressure? These hunters will face dark times and go down a long dark road. Will they find hope or loss at the end of their path or paths? Happiness or despair? Life or Death? Will they ever find Dex, the one hunter who may have already lost his life to the demons? Each of them must draw from their strengths and work together or they will finally meet and stare death in the eyes.

Moderator: DM Aberrant

Re: Seeking the Truth - Ashley

Postby Ashley » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:42 am

Ash was glad she couldn't see for the first time...She has to smile Gabe, please don't feel bad. I don't want people feeling like they have to walk on egg shells around me. It's going to be more uncomfortable for me if everyone does it and apologizes for it. I accepted what happened to me. She looks out the window, even though she couldn't see what was out there I made a choice between me and someone else living in darkness. I sacrificed my sight for that person.

She looks to her left, where she thought Gabe would be sitting, although she didn't know how tall she was, so she didn't know where her head would be in relation to her. I know you are wondering if I made the right decision or not and why I did what I did or if I'd do it again. Yes, I made the right decision. The decision was mine to make and I did. No one else had a say in this and even if anyone had told me not to do it, I wouldn't have cared. I made the decision and it's something I have to live with and not anyone else. Why did I do it? Because I believe in sacrificing myself for others. Whether it's my sight, finger, blood or anything. I would do or give up what ever I had to for that person. Would I do it again? Yes. I wouldn't even need to be asked again if I would make the choice. I don't need people to feel pity or sorry for me, I want people to accept me for what I am now. I don't want anyone to feel like they need to treat me like a cripple or handicapped or whatever. I am a person. I have feelings just like everyone else. Please just treat me like a person... She reached for Gabe's arm and set her hand on it gently as she said that last sentence I may need help walking to places that aren't familiar to me but that's all I ask. Is help when I am unfamiliar with places that I need to walk to and from.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:36 am

Gabe sighs You're right and I don't normally apologize but I am now. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable and I didn't mean to seem like I was pitying you. She takes a right turn and slows down Are you hungry? I am going to get a bite and then we can actually park and talk.
DM Aberrant

Postby Ashley » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:57 pm

Ash smiles No, but thank you. I ate at the restaurant. But could I get something to drink, a water please?

She waits until Gabe orders and pulls somewhere to park. When the car is off, she breathes a sigh of relief. She had thought riding on the back of the bike would be dangerous but now, she wasn't so sure. She thought it might be safer to ride with James from now on. How did you meet James? You never told me the story.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby Josh Corbett » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:04 am

Josh stared at Chris for a moment.

“You know what, thank you for that, saying what you did about my dad. Everyone else I’ve tried to talk to about my dad just ends up defending him, saying that he’s trying or he had a hard life, you have to give him a break, or whatever. No one ever told me that it’s okay to be mad at him for what he did, that I can disagree with his actions and be angry with him but still love him as a father.”

He looked away, shaking his head.

“Truth is, he fucked me up when I was a kid, and I was angry about it for a long time. Maybe I still am a little. Last time I tried to talk to him, he just walked away because he couldn’t handle me being mad at him, and I was the bad guy for bringing it up. Like, that’s not cool, you know? You have to be able to tell the other person what’s bothering you. That’s how relationships work.”

Josh looked over at Chris again, smiling faintly.

“So thanks. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. And thanks for telling me stuff about you. It’s still not easy but it’s better if you can talk about it to someone who understands.”

He sighed, then reached out and rubbed Chris’ chest.

“So don’t worry about my dad. I mean, I’m not big into PDAs, but I’m cool with who I am. Took about ten years, but I’m okay with being gay now.”

He shrugged, smiling a bit. He shifted to lie back on the bed, and looked up at the ceiling for a moment.

“The weird thing is, my dad already thinks I’m gay, but for the wrong reasons. He caught me and Ham in an, uh, awkward situation that totally wasn’t what it looked like. Because of that, he thinks both Ham and I are gay. And he’s mostly okay with it, but I still got the asinine jokes.”

Josh rolled his eyes.

“So do you think you’ll ever tell your sister? How do you think she’d react?”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Chris lets you rant about James and finally when you’re done, he smiles and rolls you over on your stomach Dude…You really need to learn to relax. He straddles your hips and starts massaging your shoulders I know it’s none of my business but I’ll tell you what I think and you can be mad at me afterwards but right now, just listen and be mad at me tomorrow for it.

He sighs and says I know you want to blame your dad for everything. I wasn’t there though. I don’t know what happened between you and him. All I can say is, don’t blame him for something you are. If it feels right, what does it matter? Are you ashamed of who or what you are? I know you have a lot of anger towards him but maybe he’s got stuff going on too. Maybe there’s stuff in his life that he wasn’t able to talk to you about. I mean, think about it like this. Growing up, you only had your father in your life. You see him with another guy, it’s nothing sexual between them but you can’t help but wonder if something maybe isn’t going on between them. So of course, you want that closeness to someone, like your dad has with the other guy. You reach out to someone and it’s a male. It’s ok Josh. No one is going to judge you for it. Maybe if you talk to your dad and really talk to him and not blame him for you being gay, he might accept it. But if you blame him dude, it’s going to cause a lot more problems between the two of you.

He pauses and leans over to kiss you on the cheek But I will always be here for you Josh. If things don’t work out, you can still talk to me about anything. It doesn’t have to be sexual between us. I mean I still want to be friends, no matter what. Just don’t blame someone else for what’s in your heart.

He slowly sits up and sighs Sorry…I had to get that out. As for my sister…Well…She’s pretty easy going. I mean if I walked up to her with you and said ‘Hey this is my boyfriend, partner, Josh’, she’d probably hug you and ask you to stay for dinner. But remember my sister and your dad grew up at different times. I mean there was a time when being gay would literally get you killed because it wasn’t accepted at all. Nowadays, it’s totally ok and a lot of people accept it. I am just asking you to give your dad a chance dude. Don’t be mad at him…I never got the chance to tell my parents I loved them or anything before they died.

He sighs very heavily I got into a big fight with them before it…happened…I think about the things I said to them to this day and wish I never did. I would give anything to go back to that day and take it all back. Hug them and tell them I love them and not swear at them or break something by throwing it at them. He's suddenly quiet but continues working his way down your back, massaging and kneading through the knots to get them out.
DM Aberrant

Postby DM Aberrant » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:49 pm

You can hear Gabe opening her bag and the smell of hot fries fills the car. She hands you a container of water and starts eating and laughs when you ask her about how they met. Well...We met while we are on a job. Although neither of us knew the other one was actually on the same job. I thought he was stalking me because it seemed every where I was or going, he was there. I followed him one night and when he went to his hotel room, I broke in to his room... She laughs extremely hard then I quite literally caught him with his pants down...It wasn't the most attractive site...But I had a gun pointed at him and told him he had five seconds to tell me why he was following me.

She takes a sip of her soda The look on his face...I will never forget it...We ended up talking after he sputtered for about five minutes and his face returned to normal. We both compared notes on the job and afterwards we just said our goodbyes. He's only called me in on a few other jobs but I enjoy working with James. He's very fun to work with when he's on a job. She pauses and takes a bite of something, after a few moments, she asks Are you here with someone? I know Josh is here. Did you come with him?
DM Aberrant

Postby Ashley » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:00 am

Ash takes the cup of water and feels around for the lid to take it off. She listens to Gabe telling her about how she met James and can't help but laugh. She didn't know what James looked like but knew he was tall while Gabe was maybe a couple of inches taller at the most than her. She couldn't imagine how James felt at getting caught quite literally with his pants down. It was like Josh became the opposite of his father. She smiled as she thought of Josh and wondered if he looked like his father or the complete opposite.

Ash nodded I met Josh not too long ago while trying to find help for something. I was with some...friends... She remembered Crane and Dallas but Kerry was not a friend to her though. I lost him though. I don't know where he went...I just got a note from him saying he was going to leave and to take care of Dallas. She smiled at the thought of Dallas. He was going to be her best friend now and she hoped he would guide her around.

How long have you known Josh?
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:55 pm

You can hear Gabe taking bites of her food as she listens to you. When you ask how long she's known Josh, she says I haven't really known him. I knew James had a son but I've only met him once or twice. He probably wouldn't even remember me. You can hear music suddenly playing Oh jeez...It would be so nice just to sit down and eat.

You hear the music get louder I swear...When this man wants to eat something next time, I am going to continually interrupt him so he can not finish. Hello?

James...So nice of you to call...Especially while I am eating...

Yes, you owe me another dinner...If you continue, you might as well just buy me a restaurant.

She laughs Yes, she's fine. She is sitting next to me. Do you really have that little of faith in me?

Yes, fine. I will see you in a bit. Just text me the address.

She hangs up the phone That was James in case you didn't figure that out. He's going to text me the address of where you...We are staying...I am going to accidentally shoot him one of these days...
DM Aberrant

Postby Josh Corbett » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:55 am

Josh frowned vaguely as Chris worked on his back.

“No, that’s not what I meant, man. I’m not blaming my dad for making me gay. No one made me gay, I was born this way. People don’t up and decide to be gay. It’s biology. You know that, right?”

He twisted his head to look up at Chris. The angle was awkward but he could see him out of the corner of his eye. He smiled a little, faintly.

“I was born gay, but I didn’t want to be, because of the way my father acted about it. I wished I could change what I was, but I knew it, even when I was young. As soon as I started thinking about sex, it wasn’t sex with girls. It wasn’t girls I found myself looking at. It was guys. I didn’t want to do it, but I did anyway.”

Josh sighed gently, relaxing under Chris’ strong hands.

“What I’m mad at my dad about is making me feel like there was something wrong with me – that I was a sissy, unmasculine, or somehow born wrong. I don’t get how people think that being gay is somehow unmasculine. It’s the most masculine thing you can do, in my book, and I know there’s nothing wrong with it, even though people think otherwise. They’re just plain wrong. Still, it sucks that society is still bigoted, and it sucks that my dad made me feel like a freak back when I was too young to know any better. That’s what I blame him for, and that’s what I’m mad at him about. Whether he meant to be hurtful or not, he still did it, and my anger is valid. I know he won’t reject me now because of it – but that doesn’t change what he did. That’s what I’m trying to say.”

He closed his eyes and laid his head down on the pillow again, turning it to rest on his cheek so he could still talk.

“But that’s cool about your sister. I’m glad. She sounds like a good person.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:12 pm

Chris listens to you and apologizes repeatedly for misunderstanding what you said. Chris sighs Josh, I'm sure your dad didn't mean to make you feel like that...I mean he still doesn't know about it. I can understand you are angry with him, I know my dad was really open about hating gays. He didn't do anything but when we got home from the store or movies and he saw a guy with his partner, he literally went off about it. When I had my first experience, I was ashamed, guilty and didn't know what people would say. I know I couldn't say anything to the guys at work that I slept with a man because, yeah, people, especially guys, get all weirded out when you're around.

He starts using his knuckles to massage your lower back and get the knots out I tell you what...You relax tonight. Tonight it's all about relaxation and just pushing everything else away until tomorrow. He slowly lowers his body down on your back and whispers in your ear Tonight, it's just you and I...You and I forgetting all our problems and just being us, doing what we want and not giving a shit about what anyone else thinks. It's just you and I in the room and we can do what ever we want.

He kisses his way across your neck and shoulders to your other ear. He whispers teasingly What do you want Josh?
DM Aberrant

Postby Ashley » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:36 pm

Ash can't help but smile and almost chokes on her water when Gabe said she was going to accidentally shoot James. I'm sorry Gabe but I don't know the address of where we are staying. I sort of woke up there. The last thing she remembered from this time was being in Michael's arms and him telling her she would need to stay hidden and when the time was right, they would come for her. He didn't tell her who would come for her but she was surprised and scared to death at seeing Dex. She thought he died but there he was and he had pushed her out again. She knew he didn't love her then when he realized she was blind and he never would.

She wiped the stinging tears away and looked away from Gabe. She didn't want anyone to see her crying and ask her why. Gabe, do we have to go back to the house? Do you think you could drop me off at a hotel or something? I can't go back to that house. She couldn't. She couldn't stand the thought of the voices in her head telling her things and whispering evil things to her. Not all of them were evil but she didn't want to hear them whispering and taunting her tonight.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Gabe puts a hand on your arm and asked rather concerned Ashley, what is it? What's wrong sweetheart? I can see your tears in the window. Did James do something to you? Was it someone at the house?
DM Aberrant

Postby Ashley » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Ashley shakes her head No, no, it's nothing they did. James has been a great person. She turns towards Gabe but doesn't even know if she's looking at her Gabe, please...I just can't go back there. Please don't take me back there...If you take me somewhere else, I will tell you but you have to take me there first.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:41 am

Gabe thinks about it for awhile. You can hear her continue eating and sipping at her drink. She's either thinking about what you said and or trying to make you tell her by waiting you out. You finally hear the car starting If...If I take you somewhere else, I am going to have to call James and tell him that you are not going back to the house. She sighs heavily I swear...It better be a good reason because he is going to rip me a new ass if it's not.

You can feel her backing the car up and then go forward. She starts driving and you can tell you are on the city streets because she is going slow. She finally stops and shuts the car off I'll be back in a few minutes. Do not open the doors for anyone. Do you understand? I am locking the car and I have my keys so you have no reason to unlock the doors. Don't even roll the windows down or open the doors.
DM Aberrant

Previous

Return to Supernatural: Chasing the Bad ~ DM Aberrant