Episode 1, pt.2 - Dancing with the Devil

These groups of hunters are out to save the world from the demons, devils, ghosts, spirits and the monsters found under the bed and in your closets. Although most of the world doesn’t know or believe in most fairy tales, these hunters are out to try to stop the things that go bump in the night from doing their evil deeds in the world as we know it. Some bonds have already been formed and others are still being built. But will they be able to survive from the dangerous things they hunt? Will they be able to trust one another enough to try and fight together? Or will they collapse under pressure? These hunters will face dark times and go down a long dark road. Will they find hope or loss at the end of their path or paths? Happiness or despair? Life or Death? Will they ever find Dex, the one hunter who may have already lost his life to the demons? Each of them must draw from their strengths and work together or they will finally meet and stare death in the eyes.

Moderator: DM Aberrant

Postby Josh Corbett » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:40 pm

Josh felt a heavy sense of relief as Hamilton spoke about what he’d seen in the shared vision. It seemed like the little girl had shown them all something important, perhaps an image from the past.

He could not get out of his head the way the girl had implored them to help. She had seemed to know them, to know the three of them in particular. You are very special to us, she’d said.

He wondered what it meant.

Slowly, Josh rubbed at his face.

“Yeah, I need a beer more than ever, now,” he muttered.

Once more, he dropped to his knee to stare at the spot the little girl had been standing, looking for footprints or any sign she had been there. Somehow he felt fairly sure he wouldn’t find anything, though he forced himself to look anyway.

Josh glanced up, realizing Ham had already gotten into the car. He turned to Ashley and offered her a small, lopsided smile.

“Looks like Ham’s anxious to get out of here. We should go find a hotel, and discuss what to do.”
User avatar
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Postby Ashley » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:32 am

Ash looked at Hamilton and Josh a moment but when Hamilton tells her about the same thing she saw, she wonders how that happened. She didn't think ghosts were able to do anything like that...Was the little girl really that powerful? Or was it something else posing as a little girl?

She looks up at Josh Yeah...I think I need something stronger than a beer though...

She gets in the car behind Josh and puts her seat belt on. She digs around in her purse for her cell phone to call Crane. Getting his voice mail, she leaves him the message about being with her friends and all that. Then she calls the motel, asking them to deliver the message to Crane. Although she doesn't say his name, she just tells them what room she was in and asks them to give the message to her dad.
User avatar
Ashley
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Postby Josh Corbett » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:19 pm

Josh was lost in thought, staring out the window as Ham drove down the road.

He half-listened to Ashley’s phone calls, hoping her messages got through. He was feeling a little blunt-stunned and off-balance, really in need of a beer. Or as Ashley said, something stronger. He thought they could all use it.

After a few minutes of silence, he shook himself and glanced at Ham, nodding out the window.

“Hey, there’s a hotel. Or do you want to get out of this town before we stop for the night?”
User avatar
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Postby DM Aberrant » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:33 pm

As you guys are driving to the motel/hotel, Ashley your phone begins ringing. Once you answer it, the voice says I have a collect call from...Rick Coleman...Will you accept the charges?
User avatar
DM Aberrant
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:23 pm

Postby Hamilton Rhodes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:46 pm

After all that has gone on Hamilton is slightly shaken.. he hides it well but he really needs to unwind alittle.. "No, I'm still up for some food. and a stiff drink wouldn't hurt either.. that restaurant is just up ahead.. you want to still go there. they may not have the hard alcohol we want.. " he throws the car into gear and heads down the street, leaving a slight burn mark where he fishtail as the car straightens out..
User avatar
Hamilton Rhodes
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:30 am

Postby Ashley » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:44 am

After all that's happened, Ash sits in the back seat of the car quietly. She still didn't know what the little girl was but it wasn't normal for a ghost. She was about to ask Josh if he's ever heard or read about something like that when her phone rang.

She almost jumped out of her skin when she heard it but quickly opens her purse to dig for the phone. When she finds it she opens it and listens to the voice on the other end.

Yes. After she hears the clicks and stuff, she asks Dad? Are you alright?
User avatar
Ashley
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Postby Cornelius Crane » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:34 pm

"Don't worry about me." Crane said into the receiver, his voice hushed.

"Ah'm getting our shit and leaving this motel. It isn't safe. Where the fuck are you? Do Ah need to come in heavy?"
Last edited by Cornelius Crane on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Cornelius Crane
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:42 pm

Postby Ashley » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:57 pm

Ashley sighs as she hears Crane is fine. No, no, I'm fine. We're going to stay in a motel up here. I'm in Norfolk, Connecticut. No, I don't think so...But something happened that is best not said over the phone. Are you going to come up here?
User avatar
Ashley
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Postby Cornelius Crane » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:15 pm

"Ya' don't say." Crane mumbled when Ashley mentioned that something ominous had happened.

"Ah'll be there as fast as Ah can." he replied before getting the motel's address from Ash.

"See ya' soon. Stay safe."

Crane hung up the phone and proceeded to collect all of his things and carry them to the truck. He put a pot of coffee on to brew as he worked. He then entered the room he'd shared with Ashley and Kerri and collected anything of use or worth, bringing it too to the truck. Lastly, he pulled the vehicle up to his room and carefully carried Dallas to the backseat. Cornelius emptied the pot of coffee into a thermos and placed it in the holder by the driver's seat. With everything secure and the dog settled, Crane set out on the road to the address Ashley had given him.

He hadn't slept in what felt like weeks, but he wasn't willing to waste any time. Hopefully the coffee would keep him awake until he got to Norfolk. If he felt that fatigue was going to get the better of him, Crane would pull into a pharmacy and purchase some stimulant pills; anything that would keep him awake long enough to find Ashley.
User avatar
Cornelius Crane
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:42 pm

Postby Ashley » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:03 pm

Ashley gave Crane the address to the motel and told him she would see him when he arrived and to be careful driving.

After hanging up the phone, she puts it in her purse and notices a check in there that wasn't in there before. She slowly pulls it out and looks at it curiously a moment. Her eyes get big and she put it back in her purse.

She looks at Josh a moment and asks Josh, have you read anything or know of that happening to someone else? Because I don't recall any spirits being able to do that...
User avatar
Ashley
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Postby Josh Corbett » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:29 pm

“Yeah, it’s strange, isn’t it?” Josh said to Ashley, rubbing his face.

He still felt shaken up by the little girl’s visit. Her words seemed to echo in his mind. He thought of her plea for help.

“It’s a couple of hours back to the lighthouse, but I probably have a book or two on it. I know I have something on the witch trials. There’s a lot of occult history from that time. It might be worth the time to head back to the lighthouse to do some research before we head up to Salem. Also, I can make some calls. I have a lot of contacts, I know a lot of other Hunters. Some of them might have heard of the same thing.”

He glanced back over his shoulder to look at her.

“Tomorrow, I mean.”

He paused, considering.

“So your friend’s going to be joining us?”
User avatar
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Postby Hamilton Rhodes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:59 am

Hamilton doesn't really pay much attention to the chatter going on.. he's still trying to figure out what happened back there.. that had to be the strangest experiance in his entire hunting life. Never had he even heard of something like that.. his mind is still on these thoughts as he pulls into the Thai place.. "Look, I'm hungry, and we could all use a drink.. let's get some food and head to a liqour store. We can get a case of beer and a bottle of something to take the edge off... I know we could all use a snort after this, and I'm willing to buy so come on and let's get some grub to go.. "

Hamilton looks at them both for a long moment as he finishes saying his piece... if they agree he gets out and heads inside the place, but if they aren't hungry anymore, then he'll get out and go get something for himself and then they can head for the motel just a block away
User avatar
Hamilton Rhodes
Adventurer
Adventurer
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:30 am

Postby Josh Corbett » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:14 am

Josh’s brows rose.

“Okay, man, that’s all you had to – ”

Suddenly Josh thrashed in his seat, staring straight ahead, seeing but unseeing.

His mouth opened but no sound came out, and he convulsed, then went rigid. He was breathing hard, in quick gasps, chest heaving. After a few seconds, he broke out of it with a shudder.

Josh made a low, strangled noise, inarticulate.

He brought his hands to his head. He felt something cold press against his scalp.

“God…what?” he muttered.
User avatar
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Postby Ashley » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:16 pm

Ash sits in the backseat Yeah, I would like to get something to eat and a bottle sounds good...

When Josh starts thrashing in his seat, Ash undoes the seat belt and quickly reaches up to Josh. Josh?! She looks over at Hamilton You better get us to the hotel fast...

When he starts talking again, Ash sighs in relief. Josh? Are you alright?
User avatar
Ashley
Legend
Legend
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Postby DM Aberrant » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:36 pm

[Do you guys want to RP the night or should I just skip to the part where Crane gets up here?]
User avatar
DM Aberrant
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Supernatural: Chasing the Bad ~ DM Aberrant

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron