Episode 1, pt.2 - Dancing with the Devil

These groups of hunters are out to save the world from the demons, devils, ghosts, spirits and the monsters found under the bed and in your closets. Although most of the world doesn’t know or believe in most fairy tales, these hunters are out to try to stop the things that go bump in the night from doing their evil deeds in the world as we know it. Some bonds have already been formed and others are still being built. But will they be able to survive from the dangerous things they hunt? Will they be able to trust one another enough to try and fight together? Or will they collapse under pressure? These hunters will face dark times and go down a long dark road. Will they find hope or loss at the end of their path or paths? Happiness or despair? Life or Death? Will they ever find Dex, the one hunter who may have already lost his life to the demons? Each of them must draw from their strengths and work together or they will finally meet and stare death in the eyes.

Moderator: DM Aberrant

Episode 1, pt.2 - Dancing with the Devil

Postby Daemon » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:36 am

One car pulls away from the Lighthouse, the other two no distant lights. Ashley is in the backseat, Josh in the passenger's and Hamilton sitting in the driver's seat. The car rumbles along the bumpy road, for a moment all three of the hunter's silent.

It was the end of something. The end of a partnership. But from ashes are born the Pheonix, and certainly there is much to be rekindled here. A re-uniting of Hamilton and Ashley, two friends who had accepted never seeing each other again, united by fate.

The road hurls by in the night, as Josh calls a friend. Then another. No one seems to know much about what Alec was up to, what he was doing. You get some info, from a semi-retired hunter who works more as a information broker now. Her name is Sandra, she runs a motel of sorts up north, in New Hampshire. Seems like Alec was getting deep into something. Had come through their a few weeks back, tracking something.

After he left, and she had went into where he had stayed, she had found a series of numbers on just about everything. She had seen infatuation before, seen addiction at it's worst, but this was something else entirely. 1014.

That was about all she could give you. Though from what she could make of it, seems Alec was dealing with Demons. That was his specialty, his forte if you will.

As the road continues, Norfolk coming ever closer, you manage to get into contact with another hunter who knows something. James Le'Rue. Seems he ran got some info from a captured demon. Looks like there was to be a gathering of some sort. And you guessed it. It was going down in Norfolk.

Conversation bites up some time, getting reacquainted and used to each other. Soon you find yourself just outside of Norfolk. EMF is off the scale even on the edge of town. Something definitely ain't right.
"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?" Han Solo
Daemon

Postby Ashley » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:31 pm

Ash sat in the backseat and immediately put an earpiece in her ear. She started listening to the music on the I-pod and closed her eyes for just a few moments. She hadn’t meant to fall asleep but she didn’t realize how tired she was until she woke up with a start.

She looked at the back seat and then noticed Hamilton driving. Please tell me he didn’t see me sleeping…I’ll never hear the end of it. She turned down the volume of the music and looked up at both of them.

[If Josh is on the phone, she’ll take her seat belt off and move behind Hamilton and lean forward and whisper so she doesn’t disturb Josh’s phone call. If not, she'll ask both of them.]I believe Josh mentioned Norfolk but do you know what we’re doing or anything? You mentioned Josh’s friend was in trouble but that’s about all I know.

She needed to stay awake and keep her mind occupied. She knew Hamilton had been sitting on his computer when they pulled in and knew he was probably knotted up.

She slips her hands through the head rest and starts rubbing Hamilton’s shoulders You know you really are tense. You have a rather nasty knot right here. She started working her thumbs in a rotating way and hard enough to work out a knot in his neck. After a few moments she starts working on his shoulders. She teases You fall asleep on me and if the car wreck doesn’t kill you...I will.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby Hamilton Rhodes » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Driving... one of his favorite things to do, and his mental music channel was set to road trip.. just in case... but every now and again he'd look in the mirror and see Ashley... she had a rough day behind her it would seem. He would never let her know that he saw her doze off after the first few minutes of the drive she would be embarrased. She looked great.. just as she always did...

While Josh made calls and got more info Hamilton let him do his thing.. information was important now... the mental music kept him alert and awake, his net surfing always ended up tiring his eyes... and he could use some shut eye, but it isn't in the cards now... then Ashley started stirring.. When she slides over, and whispers he's alert and attentive.. "Yeah... we're almost there.. I'm hoping to get a breifing before we rush into anything... "

When Ashley starts rubbing his neck and shoulders there is no complaint... "That feels great.. you still have magic fingers.. that is just what I needed.. you always seem to know just what I need... " his attention is rapidly increaseing as the release of tension seems to wake him up.. he chuckles as she warns him about falling asleep... "You be sure to keep me awake then so that doesn't happen... I'm sure I can keep my eyes open a few more minutes.. " he smiles at her through the rearview mirror... she can tell he is genuinely happy to see her...
Hamilton Rhodes
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Ashley » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:21 pm

Ashley continues to massage Hamilton's shoulders, her face serious as she tries to get the knots out. It wasn't exactly easy considering she only had so much room to work with.

She looks over at Josh a moment hoping he would be able to fill her and Hamilton in on any details. She didn't want to run into anything blind either. She liked to be prepared for anything she was going to do.

Ash smiled and shook her head at Hamilton. She couldn't help but tease him Perv. I try to do something nice for you and you turn it around into something else. I bet Josh wouldn't do that if I gave him a massage.

She looks at Hamilton and Josh (if he's off the phone)After we're done, do you think we could stop somewhere to get something to eat? It could just be a fast food place.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby Josh Corbett » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:55 pm

“I’d appreciate anything else you can find out,” Josh told James Le’Rue over the phone. “If you could ask around and give me a call back if you hear anything, I’d owe you one.”

He closed his phone and glanced back over his shoulder.

“Sure thing, luv,” he answered Ashley, belatedly. “We can grab a bite. I didn’t get a chance to eat earlier, either.”

Josh glanced at Hamilton.

“Let’s keep our eyes out for someplace with free wi-fi. I’m going to need you to do a few searches, I think.”

He turning to look out the window, watching for a likely looking place – some café or restaurant where they could grab a bite and Hamilton would be able to get on the internet.

“Sorry to have been on the phone this whole time. The emergency call I got earlier was from a hunter friend of mine. Alec. Sounded like he was in a lot of trouble. I don’t know what he was hunting, but apparently it’s something big. I know he specializes in demons, so I’m guessing it’s something along those lines.”

Josh paused to let the two absorb what he had said, glancing briefly at both of them before resuming to search for a restaurant.

“All I’ve been able to find out so far is that there is or there’s going to be a gathering in Norfolk, and that it might have something to do with the number 1014. I have a couple of calls in for more information, but that’s about everything I’ve been able to gather so far. Ham, if you can run some searches, find out if there’s anything going on tonight in Norfolk, if there’s any significance to that number, either in demon mythology or rituals, or something else, I don’t know.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Ashley » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Ash looked over at Josh and smiled. She couldn't help but tease Josh and Hamilton Thank you Sweetie...Or should I call you love or lover? Hamilton might get a bit jealous though...Maybe I'll have to call you that when he's not around...

When Josh apologized, she looked over at him but when she heard the name Alec, she couldn't help but look surprised at that. Alec was a common name but it just threw Ash for a loop. She thought of her Dad and knew she would have to call him soon. She knew if she didn't call her parents in the next day or two, they would worry about her.

She missed her parents but they knew she was an adult now and had her own life. She would call them at least two times a week just to talk to one or both of them and let them know she was alright. She knew both of them worried and if she didn't call, Dad would chew her out and then tease her about the next time she saw him, she wouldn't recognize him because he would have a full head of gray hair.

I think I can forgive you for being on the phone. It is an emergency after all. She reached over with her right hand and touched Josh's shoulder gently and in a comforting way, letting him know she was there for him if he needed anything.

As she sits in the back, she heard a beeping noise and jumped a bit. She pulled her hand off Josh and Hamilton for a moment and pulled out the EMF reader. Well...I don't think I have ever seen this thing go off like this before. She taps it thinking maybe there's something wrong with it.

Something is definitely going on here if this is working correctly... As she tries to figure out if the EMF Reader is actually working or if it's just a bug or something wrong with it, she thinks about the number Josh mentioned hoping to remember something about it that could help them in their investigation.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby Josh Corbett » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:03 pm

Josh twisted in his seat to look back at the EMF reader in Ashley’s hands. It was definitely flipping out, and more than he’d ever seen.

Suddenly, he regretted leaving all of his gear in the trunk.

He shook his head.

“Huh. Well, maybe we can follow that thing right to the source. See if it gets stronger as we head further into town.”

Nightmarish possibilities run through his head. The entire town corrupted, or taken over by demons, a portal to hell in the center. Those were old Hunters’ tales, meant to scare rookies, but he’d heard enough of them in his time.

He did not voice them.

“Thanks for coming with me, you two,” he muttered, belatedly.
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Hamilton Rhodes » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:38 pm

Continueing to drive and look for food places, Hamilton looks down the road a ways and sees a likely place... "How about there.. still hungry... " he chuckles at Ashleys attempt to get his ire up, but he's still floating over seeing her again.. he can let it go... he just smiles and looks at her through the rearview mirror.. "I have a few sites I surf that might have something.. if this place has a signal I can start right away.. " thinking on the info given so far the one thing that stands out is the number.. 1014.. is it a date.. or something else..
Hamilton Rhodes
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Ashley » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:37 am

Ashley nodded to Josh I'll keep an eye on it and see where it's strongest.

When Josh thanked them, she squeezed his left shoulder gently with left hand again. You're welcome Josh. I appreciate you trying to help us before. It was the least I can do in return for you.

Hearing Hamilton ask them if a place was alright, she looked up to see where he was asking about As long as they have food, I'm fine with it.

She smiled, meeting Hamilton's eyes in the mirror for a moment. She continued to massage his left shoulder and started massaging Josh's left shoulder, trying to get both men to relax a little bit. If they were tense, it wouldn't help but hurt them. They wouldn't think clearly and not to mention, if they moved the wrong way or something to pull on their muscles, they would be in a lot of pain.

She sat in the back seat trying to work out the one shoulder. She could give one of the them a massage in the restaurant and the other one in the car when they returned.

The number bugged her though. It could be a number to a hotel, locker, safe deposit box, coordinates, date, time, anything really. She hoped if she couldn't think of something, Hamilton would. It was obvious Josh was worried and cared about his friend and she wanted to do anything she could to help him. She just hoped that Crane would be able to find Dex with the help of the others and explain to him why she had to leave.

She had to put those thoughts out of her mind. She needed to concentrate on the task before her.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby Josh Corbett » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:56 am

Josh’s brows arched upward. He glanced back at Ashley’s hand on his shoulder. Her fingers were small but she was kneading his deltoid for all she was worth.

In his experience, when a woman touched two men at the same time, it meant only one thing, though Josh thought he might be jumping to conclusions.

He glanced sidelong at Hamilton, wondering if he was thinking along the same lines.

“Yeah, that sounds great,” he said.

Belatedly, he gestured at the place Hamilton had spotted.

“I’m definitely still hungry.”

Josh half turned in his seat to look back at Ashley.

“So, Ashley, how’d you meet Hamilton?” he asked, conversationally.
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Ashley » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:05 pm

Ash sat in the back, somewhat sitting forward to reach both men’s shoulders. She glanced up every once in awhile to see Hamilton looking at her in the rearview mirror. She would quickly look away and not meet his eyes quickly looking out the window or at her hand.

Even though she dated him in college and cared about him, he hurt her pretty deeply. She could tell by the way he was acting the last few weeks they were dating that something was different about him. She didn’t know what at the time though. She was hoping they could make it work but she had to do something before she could move on. She hadn’t realized it at the time but rather recently. When they finally ended it, it was mutual and both said they would remain friends.

When Josh asked her something, she turned to look at him a bit embarrassed by being lost in her thoughts and not paying attention. Sorry… She took her hand away from his shoulder and Hamilton's sitting back against the seat as Hamilton exited off the highway.

She looked at Josh when he asked her how she knew Hamilton. We went to college together. We were both going there for awhile before we had actually met each other though. Although I am sure Hamilton heard rumors about me and my roommate after I left. Ash suddenly looked out the window as she thought about that morning she left.

Hey Ash, it’s Lisa. I have something of yours. I accidentally took it when I moved out. Can you come by and get it right now?’

Yeah…I can be down to your room in about ten minutes.’

Perfect. I’ll see you then.’

I knocked on her door and heard someone say something but couldn’t make it out. I opened the door and saw Lisa standing there with a gun near her mouthI found you…

Then bang…
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby Daemon » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:11 am

[Did you guys decide on a specific course of action? I know you wanted to get food, but was there something I needed to post, or did you just want to rp for a while?]
"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?" Han Solo
Daemon

Postby Josh Corbett » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:31 pm

“Ah, I see,” Josh said to Ashley. “Old college chums.”

He debated about asking for more details, but ultimately decided not to. Perhaps later, when they were better acquainted.

The car pulled to a stop outside the restaurant, and Josh got out. He folded the seat forward to let Ashley out, then looked around.

The restaurant small, modern and trendy; a sign in the window said FREE WIFI. The interior boasted sleek, brightly colored furniture and austere, vaguely Asian-themed art. It was surprisingly busy at the late hour, with probably about three fourths of the tables occupied. That was good in Josh’s opinion. More people and more conversations meant less attention would be paid to them.

The three of them were fairly unmemorable, close enough in age to look like graduate students or friends on a road trip. Josh imagined that the trio of Coleman, Mhambi, and Kerri would tend to draw more attention. Anonymity was important for hunters.

The crisp autumn air had kicked up into a brisk breeze, and Josh was glad he’d worn his heavy leather jacket. It was battered and scuffed and bore the scars of more than one hunt – scorch marks from a poltergeist; a tear on the right sleeve from a ghoul, neatly patched with black electrical tape; a greyed-out streak on the back, from when he’d been dragged behind a car by a demon.

He waited for Hamilton to open the trunk, so he could arm himself discreetly, just in case.

“Well, you think this will work?” he asked the other two. “We can also ask around and see if anyone knows about something going on. A gathering of some kind.”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Hamilton Rhodes » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:19 am

Hamilton pulls into the trendy place.. he finds a parking spot that affords then some cover from the place as he pops the trunk and lets everone get their prefered gear.. grabbing his laptop he slings it over his shoulder and grabs a light jacket.. it was brisque out but he liked the cold.. it was refreshing and gave him the eye opening burst of energy he wanted.

Locking the Camero and closing the trunk after all the wanted items have been taken he pats Josh on the shoulder.. "We dated for a while, she's a great girl and I think one day we'll have a better relationship.. we'll see what happens... " he then strikes out towards the door of the establishment.. his intent is to find a booth in the back or maybe secluded enough for him to start looking for the info they had so far...

As he gets to the door he holds it open for Ashley.. waiting patiently for her to enter then giving Josh the option to enter or be the last one in.. if Ashley hasn't, he waves over a waitress or hostess to get them seated... when they are seated he makes sure to have Ashley on his left side... preferable on the inside of the booth..
Hamilton Rhodes
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby Ashley » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:52 am

Ash sat in the back seat quietly until Hamilton pulled in a restaurant and parked the car. When Josh propped the seat up for her, she slid across the back seat, getting out on his side. She smiles up at him Thank you Josh.

She steps out of the vehicle, putting her purse on her shoulder. She started walking towards the restaurant and realized how cold it was outside. She tried warming herself up by crossing her arms and rubbing her hands up and down her arms as she waited for the two men.

Once they start walking towards her, she started walking towards the restaurant door. It wouldn't take them long to catch up to her, since both men had almost a foot of height on her.

When Hamilton opens the door, she looks up at him and smiles Thank you. She walks in the restaurant looking around for a place to sit down. She was surprised by how many people were sitting down in the restaurant to eat at this late hour.

She looked around and finding a place for the three of them to sit in the very back, she starts walking back there. She looks around the restaurant casually as she walks to the booth.

[If we need to be seated by the waitress, Ash would ask if they could sit in the very back.]
Ash found a place in the very back that had a very long booth seat against the wall and the other side with chairs on them. She sits down so her back is against the wall and she can keep an eye out on anyone in the restaurant.

When Hamilton sat down next to her, she scoots over a bit so he could have room to work on his laptop.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Next

Return to Supernatural: Chasing the Bad ~ DM Aberrant