Supernatural - Chasing the Bad

These groups of hunters are out to save the world from the demons, devils, ghosts, spirits and the monsters found under the bed and in your closets. Although most of the world doesn’t know or believe in most fairy tales, these hunters are out to try to stop the things that go bump in the night from doing their evil deeds in the world as we know it. Some bonds have already been formed and others are still being built. But will they be able to survive from the dangerous things they hunt? Will they be able to trust one another enough to try and fight together? Or will they collapse under pressure? These hunters will face dark times and go down a long dark road. Will they find hope or loss at the end of their path or paths? Happiness or despair? Life or Death? Will they ever find Dex, the one hunter who may have already lost his life to the demons? Each of them must draw from their strengths and work together or they will finally meet and stare death in the eyes.

Moderator: DM Aberrant

Postby Daemon » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Well, the thing you have to keep in mind is your hunters. Having multiple cars is a pain, and expensive. You have no cash flow coming in, and if you do it probably isn't legal. Having multiple rides is suspicious, especially so when you are investigating the supernatural and already standing out.

Everyone having their own car, or there being more then a few is really ineffective in terms of keeping a low key. I could see two cars in the situation of an equipment transport, and a person transport. Say a pick up and muscle car. Or you could go with a van, or even a camper of some sort.

I won't prevent people from doing what they desire, but am just providing a few warnings and such. After being together for a month, hunting down a few minor spooks and ghouls, it would become obvious what works and what doesn't. And at least from my point of view, multiple cars doesn't work. But again, it's the players choice.

I also thought I would take this chance to discuss formatting of the adventures. I will be omitting your regular slayings and haunting, and moving past them assuming you handle a few every now and again. Since normal haunting's are easy to take care of, they won't be the bulk of the game. More so you will be playing the abnormal within the supernatural.

Other then that, I would say we have a good game shaping up.
"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?" Han Solo
Daemon

Postby Ashley » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:01 pm

I will be the brains and not the braun...So you guys will have to protect me :D But I am thinking I would be knowledgeable in what the monsters are, what to usr against them, maybe even make some things for you guys to use.
Ashley
Legend
Legend

Postby Kerri O'Sullivan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:07 pm

Oh, and a little more about Kerri. (Some of the obvious traits and complications you might have seen about her in the last month.)

She's got anger issues, (d4) is on the wrong side of the law being an immigrant, which means she needs to make money in usually non-lawful ways. (d4), She's got remarkably good reflexes but she's also got a minor danger sense. (d4) She was training to be a dancer, giving her a very fragile body but a great sense of balance. There's other things going on too, but you'll find that out as the game goes on.

Kerri would have kept mostly to herself in the last month, not even being very open about things with Dex. She's aggressive in the way she handles choices and direction, not wanting to fool around. Every small hunt seems to have vendetta written all over it when you see her hunting. I'm not sure how she'll react to a former cop in the group? Or how the cop will react with her?

Also, if we're going muscle & pickup, she'll be the muscle driver.
Kerri O'Sullivan
Villager
Villager

Postby Daemon » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:15 pm

I was just going to suggest that we needed someone knowledgeable in baddies. Also, I suggest you guys have some source of knowledge. The two I have off the top of my head are some form of journal/dictonary from another hunter, or the internet. Both have their flaws and bonuses.

Also, Kerri has the right idea about introducing characters through their traits. If you take some form of a flaw or such, you have to roleplay it. It won't just stand by idly. The higher the dice, the bigger part of your character.

Speaking of Flaws, Alergy is off limits. It is a stupid flaw that makes no sense, and I hope you all agree.
"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?" Han Solo
Daemon

Postby DM Angel » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Oh, Kerri could handle the "Dad's Book" thing, since the person who raised her was a hunter.
DM Angel

Postby Cornelius Crane » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:58 pm

[Caleb here]

Cornelius Crane is a former K9 SWAT member, now detective (Carries a badge d4). His former ‘partner’ accompanies Crane, a highly trained German Shepard police dog (Signature possession d8 ). He is handy with pistols and shotguns, addicted to cigars (d4), and quite rude (Crude d8 ). He is strong, capable in combat and owns an old pick-up. The rest of his traits and flaws will be revealed as we play. I’ll have his full sheet in soon.
Cornelius Crane
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Kerri O'Sullivan » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:05 pm

Cool idea for your signature possession Cornelius!

Just wondering how your char would react to Kerri's lack of papers and mainly how she would attain cash? (unlawful means, as of yet still working it out myself)
Kerri O'Sullivan
Villager
Villager

Postby Daemon » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:29 pm

Looks interesting Crane, I like the use of a dog as your signature possession. But be forewarned, I am not above killing it if the situation warrants it. Other then that, the only thing I would like to see is his reason for hunting.
Daemon

Postby Wolf Pleiades » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:57 pm

Thanks for letting me in. Hope I can contribute something good here.

Just came off my sleep cycle and am at work. I can post here, but do not have access to the rules. Download is blocked.

I do have a copy at home and will work on a sheet when I get there.

I was thinking about going the psychic route. He suffered a head injury awhile back that "woke him up". I was thinking about him 'sees' auras and be a 'touch' psychic. That is he can see infomation about an objects past and/those who've handled it. He will not be a precog, except, possibly a danger sense.

I was also toying with, before Mr. Crane "took" it, was him being in law enforecment. I was thinking more alone the line of some sort of FED. Something that would give him some clout in multiple juristictions. Perhaps FBI, but co-opted by Homeland sense he developed a "knack" for tracking down perps.
Wolf Pleiades
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Postby Patrick Rourke » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:22 pm

(Wolf here)

Thought I'd dust off Patrick for this game.

On the vehicle issue, one of my old 'ghost buster' chars drove an old full size Suburban. If I remember right, I think that battleship could seat eight.

Just a thought. 8)
Patrick Rourke
Villager
Villager

Postby Daemon » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:21 pm

The shot ripped through the air, a crack like lightning. It missed, the beast moving faster than Bart could track. He lifted the revolver again, taking another shot as the thing appeared and just as fast vanished. “Drew…. What did you call this thing again?” he said, the worry slowly rising in his voice.

Drew looked up at him from the back seat of the car, the computer folding slightly in his lap. He looked up for a moment, starring at Bart’s back before responding, his mind reeling for something useful. “Kee-wakw. I can’t find anything Bart! Just shoot it!” he screamed, as the thing materialized and slammed it’s ape sized fists into the trunk, a bestial roar bellowing from its large frame.

Bart turned; his brown eyes starring as he finally got a chance to size the thing up. Hunched over, it could probably pass for a man, but standing upright? Thing was nearly ten feet tall!
Squeezing the trigger twice, the thing vanished before he could tell if either hit. Rushing back to the car, he looked in through the window; eyes connecting with Drew to make sure he was ok.
“Bart, we don’t have time for this! This thing has Chris!” he announced loudly, turning back to his computer and scrolling helplessly through the web, eyes roving pages and pages of information on how to kill the thing.

Again it appeared, as if out of nowhere in the night air. Bart pulled the trigger, roaring definitely as the thing vanished again. “Drew, will you just tell me how to make this fucking Wak-kee stand still?” he screamed, spinning around, trying to see everywhere at once.

“It’s Kee-wakw! And I don’t know Bart, all it says here is the thing is apelike, and eats people!” he bellowed, eyes going wide as he looked up to check on his cousin.

Bart dangled from the things grasp, its two mitts wrapped around his neck. “Little… help…” he managed through gasps and gurgles, Drew alighting with joy as he finally found something.

“Spit! Spit on it! Spit is it’s weakness!” he said, folding his laptop and jumping at the door.

Bart swung his legs forward, kicking the beast in the jaw. Wriggling free for a moment, he had just enough time to hawk a good one in the things face. With a gallant look on his face, he stared in silent fuming horror as the spit had no apparent affect.

“Drew…. What site were you on!?” He asked, his voice faltering as he thing got it’s grip again.

“Wikipedia, why?!” he asked, the tone in his voice seeming oddly innocent.

The only solace Bart could take from the situation was how much pain he was going to inflict on Andrew after this was all said and done.

A little more story, something to tide me over until I get this game cracking. Wolf, just so you know I believe one of the party members is already going the psychic route. I believe Angel had some wanting to be the link to the supernatural.

Crane, thinking about it I am not sure if you being a law officer works within the game. Maybe a retired one? Or something along those lines, but hunting and working as an officer don't mix in this instance, since you will be moving a lot and I believe more then one character is on the wrong side of the law.
Daemon

Postby Patrick Rourke » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:43 pm

Hey...would the player who wants to be psychic please PM me?

Thanks
Patrick Rourke
Villager
Villager

Postby Kerri O'Sullivan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:05 am

PM sent Patrick.

Two things I feel about the way things have been going so far...

I'm not crazy on their being 2 people of the para-normal in the group, since I think it would be too much for the game and too much for the group to handle and to make it not a big meta-game-fest. Which is not where I wanted to go with this char anyway. And the more I've tweaked her and worked on her, the more I see her history and the powers she's been gifted/cursed with as fundemental to her character.

Secondly, I really like the idea of two vehicles. Since it would seem more practical, since we would arguably have more space with 2 cars. And with that in mind, if we were hunting together for only a month or so, I'm not entirely sure that our characters would be that far in tust of each other that they would pool together their resources to get a big car. I'm still thinking the cars can be a physical representation of the links between the five characters. Ash, Dex and Kerri in one, Patrick and Cornelius in the other. (At least how we met and what not)
Kerri O'Sullivan
Villager
Villager

Postby Patrick Rourke » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:33 am

As I replied to the PM.

I'll drop the psychic hook and think up another one. While it seemed interesting, I am not as invested in as Kerri seems to be and I agree that two in the group is most likely a bit much.

No hard feelings from this end. 8)
Patrick Rourke
Villager
Villager

Postby Cornelius Crane » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:45 am

Well that throws a wrench in the works. Ill rework the character a bit when I get home from work. A retired officer and now a P.I. maybe?
Cornelius Crane
Veteran
Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Supernatural: Chasing the Bad ~ DM Aberrant