The Exes Do Come Back to Haunt You Eventually

These groups of hunters are out to save the world from the demons, devils, ghosts, spirits and the monsters found under the bed and in your closets. Although most of the world doesn’t know or believe in most fairy tales, these hunters are out to try to stop the things that go bump in the night from doing their evil deeds in the world as we know it. Some bonds have already been formed and others are still being built. But will they be able to survive from the dangerous things they hunt? Will they be able to trust one another enough to try and fight together? Or will they collapse under pressure? These hunters will face dark times and go down a long dark road. Will they find hope or loss at the end of their path or paths? Happiness or despair? Life or Death? Will they ever find Dex, the one hunter who may have already lost his life to the demons? Each of them must draw from their strengths and work together or they will finally meet and stare death in the eyes.

Moderator: DM Aberrant

Re: The Exes Do Come Back to Haunt You Eventually

Postby Josh Corbett » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:40 am

Josh laughed, genuine and wry.

“I’m thirty-two. So I guess that disproves your point, if you thought I was younger.”

He studied Chris’ face. He didn’t see any stress lines at the corners of his eyes or his mouth, or grey hairs either. He had assumed Chris was slightly younger than him, but now he guessed they could be the same age.

“How old are you?” he asked, curiously. “I don’t even know.”

There were a lot of things they hadn’t had a chance to discuss yet. Places they’d lived, what their schooling was like, favorite food and favorite color and favorite everything. Chris had confessed to him what had happened with his ex, and that was a horrible dark tale. But that was part of the hunter’s life. You cut out the B.S. and moved right to the heavy stuff, because you could.

“You know what I’d really like? You and me take a drive up the coast, find a little bed and breakfast and check in for a few days. Long walks on the beach and steaks on the grill, eating under the stars by candlelight, soaking the spa, stuff like that.”

It was utterly romantic, and utterly ludicrous. Maybe a nice dream, for some future that wouldn’t come true for a very long time. But dreams were important. They were something to work toward.

Josh grinned.

“Maybe sometime, huh? What should we do now? You want to follow up with that bartender who drugged you?”
Josh Corbett
Legend
Legend

Postby Dex Travers » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:40 am

“Okay, good.”

Dex was thoroughly cold now, and he imagined the others were too. They needed to get out of the pond and shed their wet clothes and dry off, as soon as possible.

“Hey, Crane, we’re coming out!” he called.

If Elizabeth was watching, she would know that already, so he didn’t feel like he was giving anything away by saying it out loud.

He began wading back to shore, making sure that Ashley was moving out too, and that she was in sight at all times.

“Hey, Baby, what about the other one? Where are her bones? We should put her to rest too.”
Dex Travers
Hero
Hero

Postby Cornelius Crane » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:50 am

About damn tahm.

Crane stood up, his knees flaring with pain from the day before. He and Dallas went to the water’s edge to wait for the others as they climbed out of the pond.

“You sure yougot ‘em all?” he said.

“Even them tiny ones?”
Cornelius Crane
Veteran
Veteran

Previous

Return to Supernatural: Chasing the Bad ~ DM Aberrant