Other requests

Please post here to request a new character activation, forum creation/change, or anything else that needs to be handled by an Admin. Please reply to the topics rather than creating a new topic in order to keep things neat.

Moderators: DM Sirine, DM Guildmaster, PMiller, Drama, Mantis

Re: Other requests

Postby Anguis » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:24 am

Not sure if this belonged here or Forum Management, will I be able to have Sticky permissions for my forum? If not can the IC and OOC threads be stickied in NWoD: Hunting Mortals. As I add in more info to the other threads I dont want the main ones to be buried.
Characters:
- Serena Serpens
- Ivyn Dagehm

Storytelling:
- NWoD: Hunting Mortals (on hold)
- The Isle of Dread
Anguis
Adventurer
Adventurer

Postby PMiller » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:02 am

Anguis wrote:Not sure if this belonged here or Forum Management, will I be able to have Sticky permissions for my forum? If not can the IC and OOC threads be stickied in NWoD: Hunting Mortals. As I add in more info to the other threads I dont want the main ones to be buried.

I fixed it for you. Let me know if you still don't have permission. You edit the opening post of the thread to change it, in case you did not know that. :wink:
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby shroudeye » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Any way to set up private text?

Basically one would type as normal except only a specific member could read it.
Vote for the Site!

☻/ This is Bob. Copy and paste him
/▌ all over UnlimitedRPGs.com
/ \ so he can take over
shroudeye
Hero
Hero

Postby PMiller » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:46 am

shroudeye wrote:Any way to set up private text?

Basically one would type as normal except only a specific member could read it.

We are familiar with the function. I don't think it is possible with our software, but we are probably due for another upgrade again. I noticed we are not current any longer.
:smt024
Playing & DMing: Anytime, anywhere.
DM Workshop Notes
PMiller
Gaming Commander
Gaming Commander

Postby dreaders » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:39 am

Hi

I was a member here quite a few years ago - I think around 2008 but not sure. I started an adventure based in Chult with DM Hathur as character Caranthir.

My son is 7 and is a budding author - I'd love to copy/paste some of what was in that campaign because it was the first time I started 'writing'. I know it's a lot to ask but if you have that campaign (so sadly brief with GM Hathur leaving) it would be awesome to be able to show him and encourage his hobby, and maybe in a few years when he meets the criteria he'll be here for himself! :)

Thanks in advance if you can help - I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the campaign, but it was GM Hathur and was a D&D 3rd if I recall rightly.
dreaders

Postby DM Sirine » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:06 am

Hi dreaders!

Welcome back and thanks for the inquiry.

I took a look through the archive, and I don't see that game. Searching under "Chult" "Hathur" and "Caranthir" don't bring up anything either, unfortunately. At some point in the past we had to do a hard delete of some old games in order to prevent the database from getting too large. I am afraid that is what must have happened to Hathur's game.

I am really sorry about that! By any chance were you in any other games?

We look forward to having your son play here, hopefully some day soon. We do have young players who play with their parents here, so "family friendly" games are something we're already well-familiar with!
DM Sirine
Administrator
Administrator

Postby dreaders » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:23 am

**UPDATE**

I managed to find some of it on web archive - sadly it hadn't trawled that much, but what a way to bring back memories. I'd forgotten XCOM! Happy days indeed, before that pesky life thing got in the way!. Thanks again for looking and trying to help - it was a small novella I'd never have got back otherwise :)

-----------
Hey DM Sirine.

What a shame! Thank you so much for looking, I really appreciate it. I'm sure he'll get there, he loves using his imagination :)

Managed to find Caranthir login, it was August 2007. I did some others but that was the first time I went for it and wrote a full backstory :) It was a long shot.

Now that I'm back in, I might start seeing when I think I'm free enough to go again!

Take care
dreaders

Previous

Return to Administration Requests