Legacy of the North & the Ten Towns

This is where DMs list their games and whether or not they have openings. DMs only can post here to keep it uncluttered. If you see a game you are interested in - then email or private message the appropriate DM. Thanks!

Moderators: DM Sirine, DM Guildmaster, PMiller

Legacy of the North & the Ten Towns

Postby Drama » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:24 pm

Freezing wind sweeps across the tundra, ceaselessly battering anything that dares to grow or breath in its domain. Even in summer, when the days interminably long, the sun blazing low in the midnight sky brings no respite from the chill. Without fail, the wind finds it's way through every crevice opening in the warmest furs, tent flap and every roof of the strongest homes.

The people of Ten Towns have long stood against the perils of the North. For most of these folks, the events that shook the region a hundred years ago are now distant memories. But what was defeated was not destroyed. Now, as evil forces converge on Ten Towns, the people of the North face their greatest trial yet. Fortunately they won't have to face it alone and the end of an Era of upheaval is nigh!

The world of Forgotten Realms has endured one catastrophe after another for the past century. From the Time of Troubles through the Spellplague. Again and again, constant turmoil has reshaped the pantheon, overthrown nations and ruler, and altered the landscape. Now the world is being shaken and reshaped again-for the last time as the gods are thrown into chaos at the promise of a new reckoning.

This adventure is set during the Sundering, near the beginning of it's cataclysmic events. The year is 1485 DR and little has changed in the region of Icewind Dale. The former aspiring wizard, Akar Kessell and his powerful magical artifact the crystal shard was destroyed by the unsung heroes of Bruenor & company.

Hello after a long hiatus from Unlimited....I would like the opportunity to return to this site to begin a game. The game setting is Forgotten Realms and the edition is 5e. After spending sometime involved in the play test, buying the starter set and the player handbook, I feel confident in running this edition. The game is rule's lite and is extremely fun to play. I can provide a basic rule pdf for any player interested in learning their way around this edition if you do not already.

The game premise is using the release 5e next module called Legacy of the Crystal Shard. The campaign book provides a lot of material regarding each town of ten and the inhabitants of the towns. I like to think this game will be more than just a single storyline. I look back at one of my more successful endeavors here and like the idea of returning a urban style game to this module. Each of the Ten Towns can be explored, player/characters developed and background, ideals, personalities, flaws and bonds developed interpersonally and within a group dynamic.

Involved in the original concept of the game includes the storyline. What I have to offer is a plethora of hooks and small attainable adventures that either build on one another or settle themselves on there own. For example crafting is useful. Trade is useful as well as simple elements of possession character have while being a character. For example procuring the tools to shape armor for Mr. Smithy or fishing on Lac Dinneshere. Your story could go as far as being a settler in one of the Ten Towns. Each player could invariably be a resident of one of the towns separate from each other or apart of one depending on the way the story goes.

Character creation is simple. Starting level is one. Roll 5d4X10 gold pieces. Customize your character according to core races which are Hill Dwarf, Mountain Dwarf, Lightfoot Halfling, Stout Halfling, Human, Gnome, Sun Elf, Moon Elf, Wild Elf, Drow, Tiefling, Half-Elf, Half-Orc and or Dragonborn.

The core races are pretty much the same save that backgrounds and personality traits tie so much into a deeper meaning for class. They are as follows...Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Fighter, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock, Sorcerer, Wizard, Paladin, Monk & Druid. Right now I need enough interest to submit a game to the Administration and Moderator's of URPG's. Then once in the game forum I can moderate requests. I feel this game has a lot of potential for sustainability and fun while using the newest rule set from Dungeons & Dragon's.

Looking for four to six players. Posting frequency is at least a couple times a week if that. I know everyone is busy here and I have commitments as well. A wife, work and another pbp site. Any and all may apply. I'm not particular whether novice to this site the edition or a veteran. Thank you.
Dreadnought Relic
Drama
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Legacy of the North & the Ten Towns

Postby theOvla » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:15 pm

I'm a little skiddish of this site drama...But I'm here...Now what to play?
theOvla

Postby Drama » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:21 pm

I'm sure anything that captures the essence of who you are as a person and player. I tend to create characters that I can personalize with some of my personality and identity. For example I like stoic, well mannered, noblesque and protective characters. For me I would lean towards Fighters, Paladins, Clerics and Rangers. But to each their own.
Dreadnought Relic
Drama
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ghost » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:00 pm

I would like to join this game for the time being. Rogue and Human. Nice to see a 5E game, I may need the pdfs if you please.
Ghost
The Friendliest

Postby Kalla » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:48 pm

Am I to assume this is a dead thread.. I haven't looked in this area in quite a while...

I think if we can generate some interest, this would be a great game. I'm interested to see what changes they have made from the play test we did a while back.
Kalla
Adventurer
Adventurer

Return to Archived Game Info and Listings